THE BROWNS BOARD

~ The Official. 🏈 ▪︎ Browns vs Ravens ▪︎ Game Thread - Game 4 - 🏈 Sun Oct 1.

Dutch Oven

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

He’s better then Pickett. Pickett is the next Colt McCoy 

LOL!  Come on!  McCoy was a 3rd round pick and was still making starts in this league last year.  I think our fan base really goes way overboard on that guy when we've had 1st round picks like Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel...

6 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

He’s better then Pickett. Pickett is the next Colt McCoy 

The quickest way to have the Steelers be a mediocre team for a stretch is for them to swing and miss on a first round QB, so this would be nice. 

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

LOL!  Come on!  McCoy was a 3rd round pick and was still making starts in this league last year.  I think our fan base really goes way overboard on that guy when we've had 1st round picks like Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel...

McCoy wasn’t horrible like the guys you mentioned, but he was/ is a careeer backup. He was never going to be an elite QB. Just like Pickett

8 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Yes

Probably because I never saw the movie or read the book, when I think of George Plimpton I think of the hilarious scene he has in 'Good Will Hunting'... before Matt Damon's character gets Robin Williams as his therapist, he has some funny interactions with other ones. 

Just now, Browns149 said:

McCoy wasn’t horrible like the guys you mentioned, but he was/ is a careeer backup. He was never going to be an elite QB. Just like Pickett

True; but Pickett was drafted in the middle of round 1 so the size of disappointment SHOULD way bigger for Pittsburgh than a 3rd round draft pick that was still making millions of $ as a back-up people around the league respected.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Probably because I never saw the movie or read the book, when I think of George Plimpton I think of the hilarious scene he has in 'Good Will Hunting'... before Matt Damon's character gets Robin Williams as his therapist, he has some funny interactions with other ones. 

The Paper Lion was a good movie.  I LOVE that movie Good Will Hunting.  Robin Williams was incredible!  The whole cast was great!

You can tell this game went well Dutch!

Just now, Flugel said:

The Paper Lion was a good movie.  I LOVE that movie Good Will Hunting.  Robin Williams was incredible!  The whole cast was great!

You can tell this game went well Dutch!

Do you like apples Flugs? 

😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

True; but Pickett was drafted in the middle of round 1 so the size of disappointment SHOULD way bigger for Pittsburgh than a 3rd round draft pick that was still making millions of $ as a back-up people around the league respected.

And that’s what Pickett is going to be. He’s McCoy with a bigger failure because of his draft position. You can be respected in the league all you want, that doesn’t make you a good QB. Sure he can have a long career but it won’t be as a starter

Just now, Browns149 said:

And that’s what Pickett is going to be. He’s McCoy with a bigger failure because of his draft position. You can be respected in the league all you want, that doesn’t make you a good QB. Sure he can have a long career but it won’t be as a starter

Alright.  Your perseverance paid off here.  Good job with that!

• mjp28 changed the title to ~ The Official. 🏈 ▪︎ Browns vs Ravens ▪︎ Game Thread - Game 4 - 🏈 Sun Oct 1.

~     WHAT A     STRANGE    FREAKIN SUNDAY .... No not the  winless   AFCN.  who embarrassed themselves in front of the whole  of the entire football world. 

First  -  my BROWNS  were blacked out for the Steelers instead.    So I watched the Guardians and Tito Francona  in his last game in Cleveland.   And was going to watch the    BROWNS    entire game later.    BBWWWAAAHHHH,  OK I will watch it later.

Besides I wasn't feeling that good anyway.   And it's Miggy's  last game in Detroit,   OMG, well he was a great player and an absolute  Cleveland INDIANS  killer.     Detroit  5. Cleveland  2. Late.

And then the meltdown  in a BROWNS  UNIFORM  ....  TBA  Later.

Win one for Joe Thomas!

Baltimore  28.  Cleveland  3  final.  <-- One had to win and it began with C-L-E ....BROWNS.  Right  ?

Houston   30  Pittsburgh  9   final.

Tennessee  27. Cincinnati  3  final.

This has to be in the Twilight Zone channel.   Whoa !      :o

17 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. We have a play calling problem. Stefanski needs to let go of play calling. 

I know this isn't popular in the age of analytics, you have to have a head coach who can inspire players and hold players accountable on and off the field.

These also are not Stefanski's strengths. 

He just isn't the guy to lead a team to great things. The Browns are going to have to move on to someone else if they want to become a legit contender. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Admit it, you want to resign Manziel😁

LOL! Trade a song and a dance for Kyle Allen, Aggie backup to Josh Allen in Buffalo. 😁 Or bring Mond back in. He's at least familiar to the team and staff.

It was  beautiful send-off for Miggy in the 8th inning,  very well done.   A sellout plus 1,000 today.

Detroit 5.  Cleveland  2 top 8.   

Now back to TBB Business  ..... where do we start ?

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know this isn't popular in the age of analytics, you have to have a head coach who can inspire players and hold players accountable on and off the field.

These also are not Stefanski's strengths. 

He just isn't the guy to lead a team to great things. The Browns are going to have to move on to someone else if they want to become a legit contender. 

Hey Dutch,  I started watching the baseball game and actually fell asleep  ..... no kidding it was that boring to start.

I woke up in the 5th or 6th inning. ...... and last bats for Cleveland right now.

I actually did not feel good all afternoon. 

32 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. We have a play calling problem. Stefanski needs to let go of play calling. 

Shitmypantski needs total replacement.. Keep the staff.. Fire Kevvy...

• Upvote 1