THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  🏈 The Official [ Browns 39 -at- Colts 38 ] Game 6 Thread  🏈   Oct. 22

Dutch Oven

23 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Brisket fits in well to stefanskis offense, though bringing him back will make fans even more hostile to Deshaun if he finally starts playing again.

But what would be a browns season without people demanding the backup. After all, some did demand DTR after week 1. That’d be amplified x 100 with brisket.

Fuck Deshauns feelngs... He's washed up...

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How many dropped from coronaries out there?  Ending with a strip sack makes it special. And thank goodness I picked up K.H. in my FFL supplemental draft and played him!!

Finally have the time to comment.  I was at the game, along with thousands of other Browns fans.  Don't know if the DEFENSE!! chants made it through on TV. FWIW, the Colts tried some karma on the Browns,  they were previously unbeaten at Lucas Oil with the roof open and the window closed. I was pretty shocked that they had the roof open,  it was a little chilly tailgating earler in the morning with temperatures in the 40s. 

Yeah Tex, I was about ill the way the Browns were playing despite getting points off of turnovers,  we couldn't stop their running game, and coverage breakdowns in the secondary gave Indy a couple of cheap touchdowns.  

I had no hope on our game winning drive, hats off to the refs for gift wraping the game for Cleveland with a couple horrible calls.  Leaving the stadium  it almost didn't feel like a win.  But to quote Mike Tomlin "I'm not going to make excuses for a win." 

Were the Browns over confident? Maybe. I among others, thought the Browns were going to roll into Indianapolis and steamroll the Colts. The team that beat the Ravens that subsequently clocked us. 🙄

We can't expect to win every week on dumb luck and great kicking....

To be continued...

3 hours ago, bbedward said:

Brisket fits in well to stefanskis offense, though bringing him back will make fans even more hostile to Deshaun if he finally starts playing again.

But what would be a browns season without people demanding the backup. After all, some did demand DTR after week 1. That’d be amplified x 100 with brisket.

To be honest, my sentiments come from the rational position of thinking Watson will miss several more games. I know Stefanski said he's the guy Sunday, but IDK. Getting 3-4 games of even slightly above average QB could be incredibly important, especially against the division. 

Some other thoughts.  Yep, Watson looked terrible even before he got hit. Almost shot putting the ball, and his accuracy was off too. Yeah nickers, I know you think he's washed up- but that albatross contract the Browns gave him means they're married to him for at least several more years. You had better hope that you're wrong about DW. 

Thing is, the Browns need Watson to play at somewhere close to his former pro bowl level to be in the playoff race. Who knows if that shoulder injury is going to turn into a chronic issue. For sure, we're not going to travel to that house of horrors in Seattle where the Browns have historically played like crap- and think we have a prayer with Walker at quarterback again. He is who he is, a practice squad type of guy. 

I agree that Berry should start working the phones to try and find an upgrade, but it's going to cost us. We got suckered into thinking in preseason that DTR was ready for prime time, turns out he clearly wasn't.  

Finally, I certainly hope that Ward's "head injury" isn't yet again another concussion.  If it is, it could shelf him for a month, if not for good. I love the guy, I've mentioned he went to the same high school as my niece and nephew... But sometimes you just have to think about life after football.  🙄

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Some other thoughts.  Yep, Watson looked terrible even before he got hit. Almost shot putting the ball, and his accuracy was off too. Yeah nickers, I know you think he's washed up- but that albatross contract the Browns gave him means they're married to him for at least several more years. You had better hope that you're wrong about DW. 

Thing is, the Browns need Watson to play at somewhere close to his former pro bowl level to be in the playoff race. Who knows if that shoulder injury is going to turn into a chronic issue. For sure, we're not going to travel to that house of horrors in Seattle where the Browns have historically played like crap- and think we have a prayer with Walker at quarterback again. He is who he is, a practice squad type of guy. 

I agree that Berry should start working the phones to try and find an upgrade, but it's going to cost us. We got suckered into thinking in preseason that DTR was ready for prime time, turns out he clearly wasn't.  

Finally, I certainly hope that Ward's "head injury" isn't yet again another concussion.  If it is, it could shelf him for a month, if not for good. I love the guy, I've mentioned he went to the same high school as my niece and nephew... But sometimes you just have to think about life after football.  🙄

Fuck Watson... He's a lazy no good POS... He's satisfied and he's already checked out.. Fuck him and his contract... Contracts can be broken...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

To be honest, my sentiments come from the rational position of thinking Watson will miss several more games. I know Stefanski said he's the guy Sunday, but IDK. Getting 3-4 games of even slightly above average QB could be incredibly important, especially against the division. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled if they got Jacoby back. The FO should have been shopping QBs after the first quarter DTR played. As the commanders hopes keep dwindling, they should be happy to part with Brisset for a low pick (5th?)

This FO really needs to be on the phones with QBs, otherwise Sunday may be a write off with PJ in Seattle.

Besides trading for Brisket, there are plenty of FAs that should be able to outplay PJ Walker. (Foles, Wentz, Ryan?, Flacco, McCoy)

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled if they got Jacoby back. The FO should have been shopping QBs after the first quarter DTR played. As the commanders hopes keep dwindling, they should be happy to part with Brisset for a low pick (5th?)

This FO really needs to be on the phones with QBs, otherwise Sunday may be a write off with PJ in Seattle.

Besides trading for Brisket, there are plenty of FAs that should be able to outplay PJ Walker. (Foles, Wentz, Ryan?, Flacco, McCoy)

I would take McCoy back in a heart beat... The kid has heart at least... Watson has none...

8 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

You cant bench a 230 million Dollar investment.

Remember the vikings trade for herschel walker...created the cowboys dynasty.  

Wanna bet?

15 minutes ago, nickers said:

Wanna bet?

Yeah, Watson could be benched- the most expensive dead weight in NFL history. And he actually did get benched because he looked like crap before he got decked in the first quarter.  

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Fuck Watson... He's a lazy no good POS... He's satisfied and he's already checked out.. Fuck him and his contract... Contracts can be broken...

Yes, I know you hate the guy BUT...  

Mr. Cap Guru, I'm all ears as to how the Browns can somehow get out of paying Watson his guaranteed $230 million. If you look at the dead cap #s, there's no way Cleveland can trade or cut him before the 2026 season. 

https://spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/deshaun-watson-21753/

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, Watson could be benched- the most expensive dead weight in NFL history. And he actually did get benched because he looked like crap before he got decked in the first quarter.  

Yes, I know you hate the guy BUT...  

Mr. Cap Guru, I'm all ears as to how the Browns can somehow get out of paying Watson his guaranteed $230 million. If you look at the dead cap #s, there's no way Cleveland can trade or cut him before the 2026 season. 

https://spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/deshaun-watson-21753/

It's simple Larry... you cut him... And if he wants to ever play again... No one will take his contract unless he takes a pay cut... And the way things have gone for him... No one will take him and he can quietly retire and go back to his hand jobs... He cares more about hand jobs than football..

6 minutes ago, nickers said:

It's simple Larry... you cut him... And if he wants to ever play again... No one will take his contract unless he takes a pay cut... And the way things have gone for him... No one will take him and he can quietly retire and go back to his hand jobs... He cares more about hand jobs than football..

Don't be dense Nickers. You obviously are clueless how dead cap money works. You cut Watson after the 2023 season there's this little detail of a $200 million dead cap hit. Cut him, you may as well cut the rest of the team while you're at it.  

Untradeable, and uncuttable. (at least until 2026) Deal with it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Don't be dense Nickers. You obviously are clueless how dead cap money works. You cut Watson after the 2023 season there's this little detail of a $200 million dead cap hit. Cut him, you may as well cut the rest of the team while you're at it.  

Untradeable, and uncuttable. (at least until 2026) Deal with it. 

The Browns have to deal with it... They created this mess... The best thing for Watson to do for the betterment of everyone is retire!

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Someone needs shitcanned just for this alone.

The owner won't cut himself. Will he axe DePodesta?

I'm probably in the minority, but if Stefanski takes the fall for this, it would be so wrong. 

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

The owner won't cut himself. Will he axe DePodesta?

I'm probably in the minority, but if Stefanski takes the fall for this, it would be so wrong. 

I don’t think Kev had any say so in that deal.

This deal reeks of desperation and stupidity so I would guess it was hatched by Depo and/or AB, and Jimmah wrote the check.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I don’t think Kev had any say so in that deal.

This deal reeks of desperation and stupidity so I would guess it was hatched by Depo and/or AB, and Jimmah wrote the check.

Sounds about how it went down... I don't even know what purpose Depud serves on this team... Hes worthless

On 10/22/2023 at 10:30 PM, nickers said:

Kwence sucks... LOL c'mon man.. All he does is repeat himself over and over like a dolt..

He was right this time, read the article on those last 33 secs from Kevin and the linemen.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2023/10/hes-playing-chess-inside-the-browns-decision-making-on-final-drive-in-win-over-colts.html

15 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

He was right this time, read the article on those last 33 secs from Kevin and the linemen.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2023/10/hes-playing-chess-inside-the-browns-decision-making-on-final-drive-in-win-over-colts.html

Though he DID get lucky that Hunt scored on 4th down. If he hadn't made it, Kev would never have heard the end of it if he didn't try one more smash Kareem.  

That said, man does Walker ever SUCK!!! No accuracy, and little field vision.  For those who still have the tape, I'd suggest you slo-mo on the final drive where PJ threw the ball out of the end zone and lucked out on a horrible ref call..  He had Njoku WIDE OPEN on the three yard line for a walk in TD on that play.   

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Though he DID get lucky that Hunt scored on 4th down. If he hadn't made it, Kev would never have heard the end of it if he didn't try one more smash Kareem.  

That said, man does Walker ever SUCK!!! No accuracy, and little field vision.  For those who still have the tape, I'd suggest you slo-mo on the final drive where PJ threw the ball out of the end zone and lucked out on a horrible ref call..  He had Njoku WIDE OPEN on the three yard line for a walk in TD on that play.   

In terms of clock management Kevin made the right call plus when the play is well executed you create your own luck. Walker does suck but wasn't here for training camp and yet to have a full week's practice under his belt.

• Zombo unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, hoorta said:

This is where Kevin was WRONG…other people may disagree with me but PJ Walker throwing jump balls into a crowded end zone or 33 seconds you get two chances with Hunt (arguably one of the best short yard backs in the game).   You could have added to your life expectancy Kevin.

The Njoku shovel play was a risk he’s a big guy but he’s catching the ball outside of the end zone and needs to weave his way into a crowded line of scrimmage and pick the right hole…not something he does on the regular. And if he doesn’t make the end zone you are in that same clock predicament he mentioned. 

Simplify the game.

It’s not Njoku up the gut or PJ making a decision in a crowded end zone.

It is Kareem Hunt no timeouts but two chances from the 1. 

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Simplify the game.

It’s not Njoku up the gut or PJ making a decision in a crowded end zone.

It is Kareem Hunt no timeouts but two chances from the 1. 

I don't call him moneyman for nothing. Hunt smells endzones inside the 10.