THE BROWNS BOARD

Playoffs

syd

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Let's hope Moore's concussion isn't too serious-

Bennet Omalu, the inspiration for the movie "Concussion," told TMZ Sports on Friday that he would tell Moore he should retire.

"He was having a seizure," he said. "A seizure is a manifestation of brain damage, brain injury. . . . That is permanent damage."

Omalu added that if Moore doesn’t retire, he would at least tell him to sit out for the rest of the season.

• Sad 1

After the dust has settled.. at least in the AFC after week 17...  Browns locked into #5....  Bungles eliminated, Browns fans in SW Ohio celebrate.... 

Steelers still have a mathematical chance, but must beat the Ravens first. It involves a lot of other losses or ties... 

Bills are the #2 with a win or could get to go home with a loss...

Dolphins fall to #6 if they lose to the Bills...  (don't ask me how) 

Jags are in with a win (own tiebreakers over the Colts and Texans) and they play the lowly Panthers next Sunday too..  

Texans- Colts (in Indy) is essentially a playoff game. Winner is in, loser goes home.  

44 minutes ago, hoorta said:

After the dust has settled.. at least in the AFC after week 17...  Browns locked into #5....  Bungles eliminated, Browns fans in SW Ohio celebrate....

Glad the game next week means absolutely nothing for anyone. We can try to play as many non-starters as possible and heal the wounded.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Glad the game next week means absolutely nothing for anyone. We can try to play as many non-starters as possible and heal the wounded.

Calling Walker, Texas Ranger?  :D 

True, but it means a lot to other teams... the Fog has cleared....  The Browns (should both they and the 'Fins lose) Browns get the #5 over Miami based on better conference record...  8-4 to 7-5...  And FWIW, Cleveland is pretty much locked into playing the AFCS winner in the playoffs. The opponent TBD. I'm not about to look into 4th level tiebreakers should the Jags lose to the Panthers, the Colts beat the Texans, or the Chiefs manage to lose to the Chargers. 

Those Bills had better win, or they're SOL....   A loss puts them at 6-6 in the AFC and 10-7...  Even with losses Cleveland and Miami can finish no worse than 11-6. The Jags, Colts, Texans, and Steelers could all finish at 10- 7.  Not exactly, as the loser of the Colts -Texans is eliminated at 9-8. All of the previous in that scenario with a win would kick Buffalo to the curb with a better conference record than 6-6.  😉

EDIT: Call me not surprised at all- the Week 18 Schedule is out... Steelers- Ravens and Colts Texans Saturday,  and for the grand finale to the regular season Buffalo- Miami SNF....  

People can talk about how they’re scared of the bills or ravens…what a dumb conversation..

Every playoff game is against the good, above .500 teams. Just get it done, I really hope January Joe is not fiction… despite the injuries, nobody will beat us with a 300 yard/3td performance from quarterback in the post season. Can Flacco keep it up or will the turnovers continue is the question.

We’re there, if we want to make the final 4 it’ll be on a path through some of the toughest teams the nfl has to offer…teams we’ve proved that we can beat.

i also don’t get the “season is a success if we beat a playoff team” we’ve done that recently and it’s not worthy of any banners in browns stadium. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bbedward said:

i also don’t get the “season is a success if we beat a playoff team” we’ve done that recently and it’s not worthy of any banners in browns stadium. 

Actually the season is already a success when you go 11-5 (or 11-6 since next week is a gimme) using so many different QBs with so many injuries to just about every other position throughout the season. No other team in the history of the NFL has ever done that.

Any further winning is just plain icing on an already baked cake.👍

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Steelers still have a mathematical chance, but must beat the Ravens first. It involves a lot of other losses or ties... 

EDIT (from @gumby73 what it takes for Stoolers to get to the play-offs

If the Steelers win, they need Buffalo to lose at Miami or Jacksonville to lose at Tennessee. If those teams each win, the Steelers could advance in the unlikely chance that the Houston-Indianapolis game ends in a tie. 

And you know what, as much as I hate to say it, they could even advance a round. Fins were unimpressive yesterday. Most of KC's wins have been close. And Bills have a tendency to choke in the play-offs. 

The main questions in the AFC seem to be: who can stop the Rats, and who can stop the Browns? The answer to one probably also answers the other. 

Edited by Korsou Dawg
Input from Gumby

Happy New Year !

One Week left

2023-NFL-Playoff-Bracket-Week-172.png.48a2be4c9138ae5fa62ab3e2e8e664e3.png

Lowest seed Wildcard winner goes to Baltimore.. (bracket, easier on eyes to see)

Do most prefer avoiding Bills (at home) or Fins? I don't think we match-up well in Miami? (just opinion)

At Jags then to KC route shouldn't scare any team either?  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bbedward said:

It’s just nice that we are in a spot where our last game is meaningless.

If there's a team that needs a "bye week" again, its the Browns. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Happy New Year !

One Week left

Lowest seed Wildcard winner goes to Baltimore.. (bracket, easier on eyes to see)

Do most prefer avoiding Bills (at home) or Fins? I don't think we match-up well in Miami? (just opinion)

Miami is one of those teams that will scare you in the 1st Q. Since we don't see them very often, you just have to survive the first couple drives. 

For me I just want all the lower seeds to win, to give us a chance at a home playoff game if we beat the afc south.

That means I want the Steelers to get knocked out since there’s 0 chance they upset anybody.

I’m cautiously optimistic about our wild card round…I think we’re better than who we’ll play.

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2023 at 6:22 PM, syd said:

Bennet Omalu, the inspiration for the movie "Concussion," told TMZ Sports on Friday that he would tell Moore he should retire.

"He was having a seizure," he said. "A seizure is a manifestation of brain damage, brain injury. . . . That is permanent damage."

Omalu added that if Moore doesn’t retire, he would at least tell him to sit out for the rest of the season.

That's true. He'll need a brain wave test whether it's part of the protocol or not for his own safety. Wouldn't expect him back before the SB if we make it there.

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2024 at 8:21 AM, gumby73 said:

Happy New Year !

One Week left

Yes, except (as we know) this isn't locked in YET...  Totally possible that the Bills beat Miami to take the #2 seed...  that sends the Dolphins to play KC, and the way the Chiefs are playing lately, could easily win there. The bad thing is with the Bills at #2, I don't see the Colts or Texans beating them.  Oh, and for the Steelers to make the playoffs. fat chance of a Colts- Texans tie. 

One game at a time though. Not surprised that Pittsburg is favored against the resting Ravens, but I am pretty shocked that Vegas has the Browns as 6 point underdogs against the Bengals. 

38 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yes, except (as we know) this isn't locked in YET...  Totally possible that the Bills beat Miami to take the #2 seed...  that sends the Dolphins to play KC, and the way the Chiefs are playing lately, could easily win there. The bad thing is with the Bills at #2, I don't see the Colts or Texans beating them.  Oh, and for the Steelers to make the playoffs. fat chance of a Colts- Texans tie. 

One game at a time though. Not surprised that Pittsburg is favored against the resting Ravens, but I am pretty shocked that Vegas has the Browns as 6 point underdogs against the Bengals. 

Probably solely based on Browning vs whatever bum practice squad QB we throw out there, otherwise I expect the bungles to be resting all their star power too.

1 hour ago, bbedward said:

Probably solely based on Browning vs whatever bum practice squad QB we throw out there, otherwise I expect the bungles to be resting all their star power too.

I expect to see Jeff Driskel out there, but with backups everywhere along with him. Same on D. Garrett will be a sidelines rah, rah guy (hopefully) along with most starters if we are smart about it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I expect to see Jeff Driskel out there, but with backups everywhere along with him. Same on D. Garrett will be a sidelines rah, rah guy (hopefully) along with most starters if we are smart about it.

Yep, Garrett, and all the guys who are nursing injuries and playing hurt take a seat on the sidelines.  Cooper, Njoku, Moore on offense, probably a few of the OL too. Bitonio is banged up.  Players on the defensive side, hard to tell how many will sit. (besides Garrett) Ward for sure though. Will Joe want to play a series or two is the question. 

Accept for Flacco.

The veteran’s contract is set up so that he makes an extra 75K for every game he plays in that Cleveland wins. The bonuses are bigger in the postseason.

While the Browns reportedly plan to rest as many starters as they can, they are an organization that does right by its players. Could Flacco take one snap and either take a knee or hand it off before giving way to PJ Walker? Maybe he could just stand near the sideline for a WildDawg play.

HC Kevin Stefanski said he would discuss the decision with his quarterback:

“But I think it’s really important that you listen to your guys, both in this building, when you’re working and you’re in meetings and when you’re out there in the practice field. I think it’s important to listen to them on game day as well.

Cleveland’s backups would still need to knock off whatever Bengals players are on the field in a meaningless game.

Perhaps GM Andrew Berry can adjust the contract to award Flacco with the 75K or the veteran quarterback decides it doesn’t matter to him.

Big picture, an unimportant decision but one that will be interesting to see what happens.

1 hour ago, syd said:

Accept for Flacco.   ( see way down below for BIG details )

The veteran’s contract is set up so that he makes an extra 75K for every game he plays in that Cleveland wins. The bonuses are bigger in the postseason.

While the Browns reportedly plan to rest as many starters as they can, they are an organization that does right by its players. Could Flacco take one snap and either take a knee or hand it off before giving way to PJ Walker? Maybe he could just stand near the sideline for a WildDawg play.

HC Kevin Stefanski said he would discuss the decision with his quarterback:

“But I think it’s really important that you listen to your guys, both in this building, when you’re working and you’re in meetings and when you’re out there in the practice field. I think it’s important to listen to them on game day as well.

Cleveland’s backups would still need to knock off whatever Bengals players are on the field in a meaningless game.

Perhaps GM Andrew Berry can adjust the contract to award Flacco with the 75K or the veteran quarterback decides it doesn’t matter to him.

Big picture, an unimportant decision but one that will be interesting to see what happens.

~     I don't think  Joe Flacco  needs the money.   Career earnings  -   $175,375,063.......  He should be set ....16 SEASONS....$175,375,063.  see below !

SEASONSTEAMSALARYSIGNING BONUSROSTER BONUSWORKOUT BONUSRESTRUCTURE BONUSOPTION BONUSINCENTIVETOTAL CASH  11 seasonsPlayer Cash Earnings$48,735,000$69,000,000$1,005,000--$26,960,000$2,100,000$147,800,0001 seasonsPlayer Cash Earnings$1,500,000---$17,000,000--$18,500,0003 seasonsPlayer Cash Earnings$2,826,944$1,730,000$683,820----$5,240,7641 seasonsPlayer Cash Earnings$418,056$2,425,000-----$2,843,055. ▪︎ LAST 3 seasons   $591,000 signing bonus  $400,000  CASH $991,244  Player Cash Earnings$$$..ENOUGH TO LIVE ON !  DON'T WORRY ABOUT JOE !  ■ CAREER EARNINGS ■  $175,375,063  <--●  ■   HE SHOULD BE WEALTHY !  ★★★

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~     I don't think  Joe Flacco  needs the money.   Career earnings  -   $175,375,063.......  He should be set ....16 SEASONS....$175,375,063.  see below !

SEASONSTEAMSALARYSIGNING BONUSROSTER BONUSWORKOUT BONUSRESTRUCTURE BONUSOPTION BONUSINCENTIVETOTAL CASH  11 seasonsPlayer Cash Earnings$48,735,000$69,000,000$1,005,000--$26,960,000$2,100,000$147,800,0001 seasonsPlayer Cash Earnings$1,500,000---$17,000,000--$18,500,0003 seasonsPlayer Cash Earnings$2,826,944$1,730,000$683,820----$5,240,7641 seasonsPlayer Cash Earnings$418,056$2,425,000-----$2,843,055. ▪︎ LAST 3 seasons   $591,000 signing bonus  $400,000  CASH $991,244  Player Cash Earnings$$$..ENOUGH TO LIVE ON !  DON'T WORRY ABOUT JOE !  ■ CAREER EARNINGS ■  $175,375,063  <--●  ■   HE SHOULD BE WEALTHY !  ★★★

Yeah, Joe doesn't seem to be the type that needs a $50 million house,  a million dollar boat, and ten high end cars.  😉

FWIW, easy enough to research... His place in Delaware is worth around $2 million.  :)  

image.thumb.png.b7b3edf3c6cae3c069c14ec92412016a.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, Joe doesn't seem to be the type that needs a $50 million house,  a million dollar boat, and ten high end cars.  😉

Somehow I'd be  shocked  if he would file  BANKRUPCY  in the next 2 or 5 or whatever years.  [Unlike some total idiots.)

QUESTION :  What would any of you here do with a  $591,000  signing bonus ?   [ Ask Joe ? ]

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

FWIW, easy enough to research... His place in Delaware is worth around $2 million.  :)  

After his first couple games before joining the active roster I believe he made a comment like he didnt even know how much the browns had paid him to that point. 

And the whole thing started apparently with a photo that seemed to show him flying economy class to Cleveland.

The man seems absurdly careful with his money despite earning boat loads of it from Baltimore. I’m sure his dividends net him more than whatever the vet min with incentives the browns are paying him.

Rambling

1.) If your putting this team at risk of playing a possible future Playoff home game? Than, Yes ! this team has something to still play for. 

2.) Fuck the Steelers ! 😁 I'm already tired of hearing this media circle jerk on Mason Rudolph being team savior.. Ravens at home with backups ? So what.. Beat Tomlin and throw Mason & Pickett both under the year end Bus Lane in the Pen  

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Rambling

1.) If your putting this team at risk of playing a possible future Playoff home game? Than, Yes ! this team has something to still play for. 

2.) Fuck the Steelers ! 😁 I'm already tired of hearing this media circle jerk on Mason Rudolph being team savior.. Ravens at home with backups ? So what.. Beat Tomlin and throw Mason & Pickett both under the year end Bus Lane in the Pen  

The Steelers are in like their own couch/holcomb thing or something, hopefully they follow the rest of our 20 year path.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Only if the Jags win, otherwise it’ll be at Indy or Houston barring a tie.

Right.  Sticking my neck out that they will beat the Titans.  

On 1/2/2024 at 11:00 PM, hoorta said:

Or the other Joe's  modest  $2M  house in Deleware ?   

For a guy with about a  $175 M on a 16 year   NFL income earnings stream it screams  "reasonable spender"  to me.  Not one of these  a-holes that burn throw stacks of money with absolutely  NO INTEREST in savings anything to take care of their  "baby's mama"  just to have  mo' and mo'  babies to try to take care of ......  they make me sick.

The NFL  tries  to warn  every single   new player about the dangers of   "sudden wealth"  and what might happen to them.  I've seen some of them, well done,  I've compared them to some of my financial education at the  BSBA level snd  MBA level.  Those  "children"  have NO ONE to blame but themselves when they go  BROKE.    NO EXCUSE !         :o

The other  Joe  in Delaware,  about  $1M.

In 1996, Biden purchased four acres of secluded, lakefront land in the upscale suburb of Wilmington, Delaware, and built this 6,850-square-foot home. According to Zillow, the lot was purchased back then for $350,000 and the property is now estimated to be worth more than $1 million,

barley-mill-road-1600197546.jpg

On 1/2/2024 at 11:06 PM, mjp28 said:

Somehow I'd be  shocked  if he would file  BANKRUPCY  in the next 2 or 5 or whatever years.  [Unlike some total idiots.)

QUESTION :  What would any of you here do with a  $591,000  signing bonus ?   [ Ask Joe ? ]

Oh, I'd be a travellin' man.  A month in Tahiti for starters.  :)  

2 hours ago, bbedward said:

Only if the Jags win, otherwise it’ll be at Indy or Houston barring a tie.

What worries me BB, is should the Jags lose, that creates the possibility for the stinking Squealers to backdoor into the playoffs. 🤬

Of course they have to beat the Ravens first... Then their direct path is a Bills loss.  Buffalo wins at Miami and they're done, short of the Colts and Texans tieing.