THE BROWNS BOARD

● "Official" 🏈  ▪︎ WEEK 18 ▪︎  BROWNS 14 ● Bengals 31  🏈  Jan. 7th, a 14-31 second team "Loss"

Seems strange too with  NO  Fantasy League games going on ..... no lineups to check and sll of that stuff.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Seems strange too with  NO  Fantasy League games going on ..... no lineups to check and sll of that stuff.

my team sucked this year ,it all started with losing Chubb

Next year the league is starting something new, You can keep one player from this years team so im gonna keep Amari C

As much as I just bellyached about Pittsburgh getting into the playoffs - the AFC North ended up with 3 teams making the playoffs with their last place team finishing 9-8.  We might be taking our healthiest lineup all year into this matchup so the time is right for the Cleveland Browns to go make history!

16 minutes ago, syd said:

flipping channels, watched some snow football and horrible play calling in the jags game.

Yes the coaching staff really screwed that up good. The team did not deserve that loss today.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yes the coaching staff really screwed that up good. The team did not deserve that loss today.

did pederson lose his mind or what ? To call a dive from that far out was insane and the play action before that ? fucking stupid

8 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Any update on Tillman? 

On concussions you never onow, the 5 step protocal is next.   All i've seen ....

Tillman is being evaluated for a concussion and is questionable to return to Sunday's game against the Bengals, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.

Tillman went to the sideline for an evaluation after he took a big shot to the back of his head with just under 11 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. He caught three passes on six targets for 43 yards before exiting Sunday's contest.

35 minutes ago, syd said:

my team sucked this year ,it all started with losing Chubb

Next year the league is starting something new, You can keep one player from this years team so im gonna keep Amari C

Next year in my Fleaflicker we also are going to make an IR provision, details to follow.

●-->  Also we are going to add TWO more teams.  first come first in.  I love the FF League !   syd are you or anyone here interested ?     ■  Just let me know.  ■   mjp  or mjp28.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

The former. Bell is underrated by both the coaching staff and here on the board!

Prior to today Bell and Flacco had some chemistry.  We can't really hold it against Bell when Cooper and Flacco had something unstoppable going in other outings.  I think Bell is going to turn out just fine.   The 1st part of this year couldn't have been easy for the 2nd year WR to get any chemistry going when they went from Watson to DTR to PJ Walker back to Watson back to DTR.  All that wasn't easy for Cooper either.  If I had to guess, our coaching staff is keenly aware of this and they've limited his reps because of it. Key word in that sentence is guess.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

SO  you chose to watch the BROWNS,  good move !   What's new in JAX jiggs ?

I'm actually in Tallahassee, two hours west, but it's pretty chill here! I'm pretty devastated though, was really looking forward to traveling over there for our playoff game. *sigh*

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm actually in Tallahassee, two hours west, but it's pretty chill here! I'm pretty devastated though, was really looking forward to traveling over there for our playoff game. 

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I still remember Joe Thomas' rookie year in 2007 - the Browns went 10-6 and missed the playoffs.   Pittsburgh goes 10-7 and every single team that needed to lose this weekend for them to make the playoffs lost.  

Was that chick that sang the song "If God is One of Us"  a Pittsburgh Steelers fan?

They are the luckiest team in Football.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Third and goal from the 1 and the Jags didn't try to run it in on 3rd down.  Poor coaching.

And Lawrence was not accurate today.  My 8 year old grandson is a Jaguars fan.  I wanted us playing each other next week!  

Man, our game was a complete waste of time.  On defense we had several players who couldn't shed blocks and couldn't tackle.  On a TD run, Mixon made Jordan Kunaszyk #51 look like a backup to a backup.  And on offense, we signed some QB during the week and trotted him out there like a crash test dummy.   And who'd have thunk that the maligned David Bell would catch 2 TD's?  The first one was like he was fielding a punt in the end zone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

Third and goal from the 1 and the Jags didn't try to run it in on 3rd down.  Poor coaching.

And Lawrence was not accurate today.  My 8 year old grandson is a Jaguars fan.  I wanted us playing each other next week!  

Man, our game was a complete waste of time.  On defense we had several players who couldn't shed blocks and couldn't tackle.  On a TD run, Mixon made Jordan Kunaszyk #51 look like a backup to a backup.  And on offense, we signed some QB during the week and trotted him out there like a crash test dummy.   And who'd have thunk that the maligned David Bell would catch 2 TD's?  The first one was like he was fielding a punt in the end zone.

no one hurt

• Upvote 1

Fun game to attend. We were fortunate to land seats just behind the drunkest guy in our section, who l did not photograph because then he would’ve talked and talked and talked to me. Fuck all that.

The handful of times l’ve gotten super shitfaced at a Browns/Bengals game l ended up in some circle of Bengals fans talking about how much we hate the Steelers. Again, fuck all that.

Not much to cheer for this game. That first first down in the 2nd quarter was far more exciting than it should’ve been. How about David Bell? Shares a name with the Reds’ manager. Coincidence? Probably.

IMG_9953.jpeg

IMG_9952.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

• mjp28 changed the title to  ● "Official" 🏈  ▪︎ NFL WEEK 18 ▪︎  BROWNS 14 -at- ● Bengals 31  🏈  Jan. 7  GO BROWNS ! 14-31 "Loss"
  • mjp28 unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, Orion said:

I watched most of that game, the Titans just wanted it more, agree Lawrence was really inaccurate, the play calling was terrible and the Jags were just outcoached overall. They didn't deserve to be in the playoffs although I would have preferred them. Anyway to be the best you have to beat the best so I'm up to beating everyone including Baltimore on the way to our first Super Bowl.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Orion said:

McDonalds Coffee?

¿Como se llama?

We hit Crown Republic for brunch pre-game. 5 stars, would recommend. Pricey joint, but top notch service and excellent food and bloody mary’s. 

Bloody mary’s are over the top weird these days. There’s like a cornucopia of pickled and fried items involved. Bacon and olives and pepperoncinis, oh my. 

Have any of you ever tried to spell pepperoncini before? It was like 20 minutes of my life trying to figure out how to spell that, and l’m still not sure if l got it. I would totally throw that word out at a spelling bee and watch some 6th grader piss their pants.

Anyways, no. There was no McDonald’s coffee involved. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Anyways, no. There was no McDonald’s coffee involved. 

It looks like 24 is holding a McDonalds Coffee.  :)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

It looks like 24 is holding a McDonalds Coffee.  :)

Hot chocolate! They have vendors patrolling the stands selling it.

Which reminds me, it was super cool seeing vendors hocking beer and hot cocoa in the stands there. That’s something that has disappeared at Great American Ballpark for you baseball fans who venture to Cincy. 

Has that disappeared at the Jake too? (or whatever corporate name it goes by now). Or anyone privy to the goings on at any other MLB ballparks these days regarding vendors patrolling the stands? 

I seriously miss it and consider it an integral part of the ballpark experience. Not to hijack the thread or anything, but l’m totally trying to hijack the thread. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Anybody been to a Jacksonville game?

Searching any hotels within walking to stadium?

Easy flight from NC for wildcard game, but got to move on it quickly this afternoon

Get this Win !  going to Browns-backer party in Greenville,NC to chat this win up  🍺 Go Browns ! 

Never been to Jacksonville for a game, but I have been down Houston way a couple of times... As I told our England Browns fan, if you're planning on going down (or over in your case) contact the Space City Browns Backers.... 

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

Please tell me that's not where most of our usual crowd is at.

Tampa? nope, I got so disgusted after it hit (predictably)  21-0 not wanting to watch garbage football,  I prevailed onto the TV control meister to pretty much switch over to the Jags- Titans game.... Only to watch them pathetically play themselves out of the playoffs. Lawrence was obviously playing hurt and his accuracy was way off.   I had our game recorded, but I deleted it, not going to waste my time watching it... 

I even walked out to TV room #2 for a good stretch to catch the Lions game where real football was being played.  

Playoffs? Did you say PLAYOFFS?   Praise the Lord, both the Browns and my alternate team the Lions both avoided the bullshit Peacock exclusive game Saturday night.  

Pure money grabbing crap by the NFL.  How many alternate streaming services do the a-holes in the NFL think fans are going to sign up for?  MNF ESPN... TNF Amazon (that one isn't too bad, as most folks already have Prime) then Sunday Ticket on YouTube (looks like from my POV they made a huge mistake shelling out billions for the exclusive) ... Now Peacock thinks that's the ticket to increased signups for their streaming service.  Sorry Charlie. That's the harbinger of pay per view in the NFL...  Had the Browns gotten shafted with a Peacock exclusive, I have a funny feeling tens of thousands Browns fans would have paid NBC the $7 buck one month subscription, and dropped them as soon as the game was over.  

Maybe I should start a survey from you guys how many streaming services you subscribe to? I'm at two- Paramount+ (Star Trek) and the wife has Netflix...  This is getting ridiculous...  

12 hours ago, Flugel said:

Prior to today Bell and Flacco had some chemistry.  We can't really hold it against Bell when Cooper and Flacco had something unstoppable going in other outings.  I think Bell is going to turn out just fine.   The 1st part of this year couldn't have been easy for the 2nd year WR to get any chemistry going when they went from Watson to DTR to PJ Walker back to Watson back to DTR.  All that wasn't easy for Cooper either.  If I had to guess, our coaching staff is keenly aware of this and they've limited his reps because of it. Key word in that sentence is guess.

You can't compare Bell to Coop. Certainly not yet.

You can however compare him to DPJ, which a good portion of the board still pines for. DPJ got lucky, because he played for the Browns at a time when we had a shit WR corps (yes, that includes you Odell). The lack of other options meant he got the ball more. 

David didn't get targeted so often. Heck, he only got to play about half the snaps in his rookie season. In those snaps, he did show IMO two of the best qualities a WR can have: he is very good at creating separation, and he holds onto the ball. 

Bell showed just how he makes up for his lack of straight-line speed with an average target separation of 2.5 yards and an average cushion of 4.75 yards (for context, Amari Cooper — who's touted as an elite route runner — had a 1.72-yard target separation and a 4.51-yard average cushion). Combine Bell's ability to create separation with his low drop rate (just 2 drops on 35 targets) and the Browns might just have a very reliable under-the-radar receiver in their midst. 

https://dawgpounddaily.com/posts/david-bell-browns-sleeper-2023

Yesterday, against the Bengals starters who most definitely wanted to win, he showed what he can do if he gets the ball more often. I hope the FO do not renew Goodwin. Maybe draft another WR who can mature behind Bell and Tillman.