THE BROWNS BOARD

** The "Official" 🏈  ▪︎ AFC WILD CARD ▪︎ BROWNS (-2½) -at- Texans  🏈  Sat. Jan. 13 *(Rev. 1/13/2024) **

12 minutes ago, Flugel said:

It's been a fun season hanging out with the best fans in the NFL so thank you everyone in here!  Today just blindsided me because it looked nothing like the team we followed all year.

We were rooting for a 3 legged junkyard dog in the playoffs.

It was a fun ride, but a terrible way to end the season.

I thought we stood a puncher’s chance against Houston, but we didn’t play well.

It was a magical season!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Free market capitalism, baby! 😉

Oh god,  you've got that  $$$$.$$  right.   Anything for a  buck.$$   

Free market something.    Have a good evening Sean.   I might check / in and out of that one of that game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Flugel said:

It's been a fun season hanging out with the best fans in the NFL so thank you everyone in here!  Today just blindsided me because it looked nothing like the team we followed all year.

It may be too soon for this because a lot of people are still heated about tonight,  but this team isn't built for the postseason. 

Yes I know about the mountain of injuries we had this year but I just can't help but think how the defense doesn't travel. There is something concerning about that. 

It seems like Berry did a good job with piecing the roster together all year, but did he really? It seems like all he was doing is delaying the inevitable.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for next season either. Is Watson going to bounce back from the shoulder surgery? Will Nick Chubb be the same player after the knee injury? I mean,  those are two big important pieces to the foundation of this team. 

What do we do with Flacco? What arw we going to do about the offensive line? Lots of uncertainty in the future. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, syd said:

my bro in law lives in houston, said he is gonna send me a texans tee shirt

That's good syd.   Have a good evening too there pal too.    mjp.   Oh my  blood pressure did drop back down  later in the BROWNS Game.    GO BROWNS !    ALWAYS.     Same with Dutch too.   

51 minutes ago, Flugel said:

The biggest surprise to me tonight was this game didn't look important to anyone but us fans

That's become the hardest things about professional sports.

That is what was so special about college football. The purity of wanting to win and wanting to be the best.

Now there is so much money involved, and I'm a capitalist to the core, that the focus turns into what's coming around the bend rather than finishing the job being stared down.

Most of these guys will have a trip booked somewhere by halftime of the Dolphins-Chiefs game.

As my daughter sat down beside and asked if "we" were winning, I said no, but Training Camp starts in 6 months.

8 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

It was a magical season!

ABSOLUTLY  Canton Dawg  and BROWNS FANS  Everywhere !     mjp.    :)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That's good syd.   Have a good evening too there pal too.    mjp.   Oh my  blood pressure did drop back down  later in the BROWNS Game.    GO BROWNS !    ALWAYS.     Same with Dutch too.   

if we had won, I was gonna send him  a Browns tee to wear

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

It was a magical season!

Ditto.

Really sad ending, unexpected really (to get blown out). 

Cooper was a non-factor sadly. The heel.  Moore invisible 

On the bright side, David Bell looks great all of a sudden.

Won't watch peacock, won't subscribe. 

Hopefully the Ratbirds & 49eez won't be in the SB 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Neo said:

It may be too soon for this because a lot of people are still heated about tonight,  but this team isn't built for the postseason. 

Yes I know about the mountain of injuries we had this year but I just can't help but think how the defense doesn't travel. There is something concerning about that. 

It seems like Berry did a good job with piecing the roster together all year, but did he really? It seems like all he was doing is delaying the inevitable.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for next season either. Is Watson going to bounce back from the shoulder surgery? Will Nick Chubb be the same player after the knee injury? I mean,  those are two big important pieces to the foundation of this team. 

What do we do with Flacco? What arw we going to do about the offensive line? Lots of uncertainty in the future. 

The Secondary and DL when healthy were among the best in the NFL. There's still not a dominant force at LB that can just lock down the middle of the field, though JOK plays a strong hybrid.

Offensively, more depth is needed on the OL, I think the seventh tackle of the season played tonight.

I think drafting a RB is diligent, but I'd also bring Kareem Hunt back if the number can work.

As far as Flacco, they'd be crazy not to consider bringing him back. He pushed the ball down the field in way no other QB in Cleveland has since Bernie. He brought out the beat in Njoku and made the TEs a threat.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AP1 said:

That's become the hardest things about professional sports.

That is what was so special about college football. The purity of wanting to win and wanting to be the best.

Now there is so much money involved, and I'm a capitalist to the core, that the focus turns into what's coming around the bend rather than finishing the job being stared down.

Most of these guys will have a trip booked somewhere by halftime of the Dolphins-Chiefs game.

As my daughter sat down beside and asked if "we" were winning, I said no, but Training Camp starts in 6 months.

Same to you too  AP1  from   mjp.   ● It was a great season.    Catch you around  TBB  later ●    😄

18 minutes ago, AP1 said:

The Secondary and DL when healthy were among the best in the NFL. There's still not a dominant force at LB that can just lock down the middle of the field, though JOK plays a strong hybrid.

Offensively, more depth is needed on the OL, I think the seventh tackle of the season played tonight.

I think drafting a RB is diligent, but I'd also bring Kareem Hunt back if the number can work.

As far as Flacco, they'd be crazy not to consider bringing him back. He pushed the ball down the field in way no other QB in Cleveland has since Bernie. He brought out the beat in Njoku and made the TEs a threat.

DL and secondary were pretty healthy today. Our inability to consistently run the ball showed up and agree we need more tackle depth. Flacco should return only as a backup. His magic ran out at the worst possible time.

Just now, MDDawg said:

DL and secondary were pretty healthy today. Our inability to consistently run the ball showed up and agree we need more tackle depth. Flacco should return only as a backup. His magic ran out at the worst possible time.

dtr is gonna be are back up to watson,flacco bye bye

• Upvote 2

Just sitting down with a piece of hot apple pie made by Mrs. Wife.  Yum!

Congrats everyone on a good season!  An improbable playoff season.  In all of the time that Watson was out...having to watch the play of the two QB's that we had to trot out there...and losing 3 offensive tackles...well...there was no hope.  It was only a matter of time before the ineptness of the QB position would overwhelm our defenses' stellar play.   

...and then along came Joe Flacco, who after losing to the Rams to the team on a 4 game winning streak to make the playoffs!  Storybook!

Now, we turn to team improvement for next year.  Hopefully we'll have Schwartz around to take the next step with the D.  I think sometimes our secondary lacks foot speed.  And we'll be looking at the WR position again this offseason.  -  A key is to have really good / serviceable backups.  The season is so long, the pads are so little, that backups spend a lot of time on the field over the course of the 17+ games.  Personally, I think they should go back to 14.

Anyway, Congrats on a good season everyone!  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

It wasn't just Flacco. This team had every reason to come out with energy and believe that they could win the game and they just didn't, they just DIDN'T. It's really disheartening to see the only player to show up was JOK. JOK should be the embodiment of what a Cleveland Brown should  be. Him and Nick Chubb, especially Nick Chubb. 

I mean, they were literally the talk of the town, the buzz was all around the Browns and they came out and laid an egg. This is not the way our season should have ended.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Neo said:

It wasn't just Flacco. This team had every reason to come out with energy and believe that they could win the game and they just didn't, they just DIDN'T. It's really disheartening to see the only player to show up was JOK. JOK should be the embodiment of what a Cleveland Brown should  be. Him and Nick Chubb, especially Nick Chubb. 

I mean, they were literally the talk of the town, the buzz was all around the Browns and they came out and laid an egg. This is not the way our season should have ended.

Yea…it really changes the feeling when you get blown the fuck out in the wildcard by a rookie Texans HC and QB.

if it was competitive at least would feel good that we had a chance despite the adversity, but it was like the JV vs Varsity out there - and we were favorited 

22 minutes ago, AP1 said:

There's still not a dominant force at LB that can just lock down the middle of the field, though JOK plays a strong hybrid

Good Start ^^

JOK played well this season .. No worries of a 5th year rookie option.. could try to re-sign JOK late next season. His Rookie deal expires in June of 2025

done watching Taki getting out punk'd getting off blockers.. Your right.. We need a ILB run thumper with no deals left on Walker nor Taki next season

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

I begrudge no man for making a profit. But there is a difference between making a free market profit and fucking people.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/918272019857941

it is fucking nbc, this past year it was the la tour de france and the rugby world cup,Yes i know most people don't care about those sports. But they were allways on free t.v, I am sure the execs at nbc planned this out very well when they got rid of there sports channel

I didn't see the entire game. But what i saw made me think the O line cost the Browns this game.

1 minute ago, syd said:

it is fucking nbc, this past year it was the la tour de france and the rugby world cup,Yes i know most people don't care about those sports. But they were allways on free t.v, I am sure the execs at nbc planned this out very well when they got rid of there sports channel

To me it's a shitty precedent..

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Axe said:

I didn't see the entire game. But what i saw made me think the O line cost the Browns this game.

To me it's a shitty precedent..

i hope they all take a loss on tonights game

• Upvote 1