THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns must consider firing Berry after qb fiasco

calfoxwc

1 hour ago, bbedward said:

I was referring to the article, which the headline is Watson bad, mayfield super successful.

I don’t like Mayfield that much like others just because I’ve heard about his off field persona quite negatively, but also I don’t see the success everyone else sees - winning the worst division in football with 9 wins, throwing a backbreaking pick in the divisional.

Berry handled the QB situation better than most fans would have, identified that Mayfield wasn’t franchise instead of hanging on to him and hoping, not selling the farm for a brisset rental, and realizing Dobbs was not a viable backup.

Well, I got that, it isn't that I care about Mayfield, I just think he took us to the playoffs without an improved wr  cast, then the 2021 debacle with him playing with a sling? who the hell does that? what hc is so much a loser he ALLOWS THAT?

and the trade? watson brought baggage, crappy play, excuses and injuries, along with a gigantic historic GUARANTEED contract when he did NOT WANT to come to the Browns.

If they have to lose some important players because of it? freaking disaster.

I just don't see superbowl because of watson's gigantic contract and baggage and poor play, etc etc and it's aggravating.

Had the Browns improved their wr group in 2020, they could have gone to the superbowl I think, except their dline probably needed to be improved.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Looking at your posting timeline

sorry, shirley panties tiamsies, but I don't feel like I have to say "YAY" when everybody says "YAY". We're all delighted when the Browns win.

and I'm busy, and none of us needs your sissy stinking phony permission to post when we want to post.

stop pouting about not getting your fake ego stroked, Shirley Girlieman.

0304fc6a9ae5de3a6b59a50804bd303b-2305825981.gif.5677d193ac8d831afb6c11e84bd4b40f.gif

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

sorry, shirley panties tiamsies, but I don't feel like I have to say "YAY" when everybody says "YAY". We're all delighted when the Browns win.

and I'm busy, and none of us needs your sissy stinking phony permission to post when we want to post.

0304fc6a9ae5de3a6b59a50804bd303b-2305825981.gif.5677d193ac8d831afb6c11e84bd4b40f.gif

Should we go over to the Poliboard and start counting all your posts over there, Mr. "I'm So Busy"?

Edit: That was too tempting not to do, so...

cal started or was the last person to comment on 18 different threads ON PAGE 1 of the Poliboard. 

maury povich cal lying.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Jimmy Two-Times, nicknamed because he said everything twice."

Forget about Playgirl. I think this name fits exactly how cal posts anywhere on the bored (board).🤫🤫

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

sorry, shirley panties tiamsies,

Jesus H Fuck, you even insult like you play football - like a bitch. 

Dutch is right and I trust his research - you have MORE than enough time.  Only in your mind do you claim to be busy.  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Neo said:

It's amazing that there are some here that might accidentally discover there is a football board.

Well at least Orange is consistent whichever part you go to here.😉

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Forget about Playgirl. I think this name fits exactly how cal posts anywhere on the bored (board).🤫🤫

I would be inclined to agree with you Aggies if it was only 2 times; but we're reaching Rain Man-level repetition here from Cheesecake's Lancelot with his forever mentioned 2 bad knees of course.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

Calm down Playgirl!   Your Queer Eye for Cheesecakes is creepy...

Now that's some funny shit, Tom LOL

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Cal.. Don't argue with a man whose takes his screen name from a Sumerian female dragon entity from a 2000 year old Sumerian text... It is not worth the time and energy... Let the beta cuck kids play amongst themselves in their sterile bubble of fantasy...

• Thanks 1

and the trade? watson brought baggage, crappy play, excuses and injuries, along with a gigantic historic GUARANTEED contract when he did NOT WANT to come to the Browns.

This is not a defense of Jimmy Haslam. I agree from the Playoff thread the Browns inadequacies start with him.

The following is something I've started to believe.

The DS trade was Haslam trying, rather poorly, to show the fans he's all in. It was his attempt to try to prove to the city, the organization, the worn down and heartbroken base that's he's willing to do what it takes to be a winner. The way that trade was executed was piss poor, but they'd say we gave an effort and put it on the line.

Al Lerner "helped bring" (he also helped take) football back to Cleveland. Randy Lerner never cared for owning the team, and cashed out when he could. Jimmy Haslam looks like a rich kid trying to fit in and the horribly over-leveraged trade for a one-time MVP is his bright shining example. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Thanks Nicks!  It was a nice treat for all of us to see that Ratbirds choke at home.

Yeah... Lamar has a habit of choking when all the cards are on the table... However as I said in a diff thread... I missed most of the game... I was attending a School of Rock gig My brother in laws Grandkid was playing in..But I hear Harbaugh didnt help his team much.. So.. I'll catch up on the details..

And another thing regarding Watson and Berry. Watson saying he wants Tee Higgins is pretty rich, given he's one side and, therefore, half the reason the Browns are hamstrung with his contact.

If I'm Berry, I'm contacting Watson and letting him know that the deal needs to be restructured because there are some significant signings the Browns either have coming up or might need to make.

Berry needs to put the ball in Watson's court, yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AP1 said:

And another thing regarding Watson and Berry. Watson saying he wants Tee Higgins is pretty rich, given he's one side and, therefore, half the reason the Browns are hamstrung with his contact.

If I'm Berry, I'm contacting Watson and letting him know that the deal needs to be restructured because there are some significant signings the Browns either have coming up or might need to make.

Berry needs to put the ball in Watson's court, yesterday. 

Agreed... Based on what Deshaun hasn't done.. It would be the right thing to do from DW's camp... But some how... I just see more drama unfolding with him...

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2024 at 3:00 PM, D Bone said:

While I'm not one to cry for Baker, the article is spot on in terms of the franchise being handcuffed by Watson's ridiculous contract and the capital thrown in the garbage for the privilege to make that trade is just the flies on the shit pile cake.

If the Browns can somehow continue to be a winning team in the next few years, it will be in spite of the trade and not because of it.  

When Mud popped in about a year back or so to weigh in on all the fuss about losing 1st round draft picks - he reminded everyone that THIS regime doesn't draft well in the 1st round anyway.  Guess what?  He's right.  1st round guys like Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, David Njoku were already here when Haslam hired Berry.  This regime's idea of a 1st rd corner is Greg Newsome, which sure feels like a pretty big reach in hindsight 20/20.  Anyone watch him against Denver when Ward was out and he had to play like a 1st round corner?  He was the bullseye they exploited with Sutton; and the Browns got blown out.  This regime's idea of a 1st round Left Tackle was Jedrick Wills.  My take?  I think the Browns can survive without those types of 1st round impact in this final year that the Browns won't have a 1st round pick.  Having said that, I think they're a little better with round 2 as JOK reminds us.  I think the Browns do have a 2nd round pick in this draft.

Believe it or not, Berry's big strength is supposed to be what he can fit into the salary cap. I think the volume of acquisitions the Browns fit under the cap (in 2023) to improve how much better the defense competed was well reflected in the 11-5 regular season before resting most of the starters in the final game at Cincy. Before this regime, the Browns could have drafted Mahomes or Watson in round 1 under the restrictions of the rookie salary cap.  The problem is they would have probably drafted Mitch Trubisky instead.  When they DID go after Baker - how many Offensive Assistants/Coordinators got fired in his 1st 2-3 years?  What's that tell us about them being ready to be an ideal place to develop a 1st round QB?  Start at the owner; and you GET the bigger picture.    Alex Smith started during Mahomes' rookie year while Buffalo was patient with Josh Allen's growing pains.  That type of stuff wasn't available here.  That's HOW I warmed up to the idea of going the route of Watson after some early protest by me about it in here. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, AP1 said:

This is not a defense of Jimmy Haslam. I agree from the Playoff thread the Browns inadequacies start with him.

The following is something I've started to believe.

The DS trade was Haslam trying, rather poorly, to show the fans he's all in. It was his attempt to try to prove to the city, the organization, the worn down and heartbroken base that's he's willing to do what it takes to be a winner. The way that trade was executed was piss poor, but they'd say we gave an effort and put it on the line.

Pretty spot on, although I'd like to add that the continuous search for a QB via FA or the draft hasn't worked with Haslam & his FO team(s) since he bought the Browns. He was desperate. So far, yeah it hasn't worked out. If, and it's a big if, DW can stay healthy, then we will see if it was "worth it." 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Pretty spot on, although I'd like to add that the continuous search for a QB via FA or the draft hasn't worked with Haslam & his FO team(s) since he bought the Browns. He was desperate. So far, yeah it hasn't worked out. If, and it's a big if, DW can stay healthy, then we will see if it was "worth it." 

we'll see. But the pressure will be on in 2024 - the Browns apparently have the toughest schedule.....

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/browns-ravens-steelers-sos-rankings/

Cleveland Browns: .547

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

we'll see. But the pressure will be on in 2024 - the Browns apparently have the toughest schedule.....

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/browns-ravens-steelers-sos-rankings/

Cleveland Browns: .547

Definitely tougher but you know how this goes. The rosters of all 32 teams a bit different, injuries, when you face the opponent, etc are factors 

Browns' road games are real tough on paper for sure.

On 1/28/2024 at 10:04 PM, nickers said:

Cal.. Don't argue with a man whose takes his screen name from a Sumerian female dragon entity from a 2000 year old Sumerian text... It is not worth the time and energy... Let the beta cuck kids play amongst themselves in their sterile bubble of fantasy...

Funny enough, my handle is an old school gaming reference.  We had a group, back in the day, that really helped to bridge the gap between the classic "athletes" vs "nerds" type understanding.    Mostly started for Battlefield 2.    I hadn't, at the time, done the research, but it was 'team Tiamat' - over team speak pronounced "tie-a-mat". Which was, we were told, Greek for Dragon. 

I've kept that handle, in some shape or form, this entire time.  It honors the guys I played on the field with, the guys I gamed with, and the guys who I did both with.  All the way up and through my time playing at L.E.C.

And as a friendly reminder - you're a 5'6, 140lb middle aged man who didn't have an athletic bone in his body at any point. Pipe down with the "beta" talk. 

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

And as a friendly reminder - you're a 5'6, 140lb middle aged man who didn't have an athletic bone in his body at any point. Pipe down with the "beta" talk. 

you do have an athletic big mouth. You post like you are 4'8", 56 lbs. trying to be darth vader. Just a friendly reminder.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

you do have an athletic big mouth. You post like you are 4'8", 56 lbs. trying to be darth vader. Just a friendly reminder.

You can tell the fucker he is on ignore and I do not bow down to him... He can kiss my white ass... We have been on this board far longer than he has... Hes the last idiot who should be giving orders to anyone around here... And Steve should becareful who he yields power to... Some people go overboard...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

You can tell the fucker he is on ignore and I do not bow down to him... He can kiss my white ass... We have been on this board far longer than he has... Hes the last idiot who should be giving orders to anyone around here... And Steve should becareful who he yields power to... Some people go overboard...

or what you gonna do poor poor nickers ? you gonna tell him to kill himself like you do on the poli board ? you worthless stooge. 

8 minutes ago, syd said:

or what you gonna do poor poor nickers ? you gonna tell him to kill himself like you do on the poli board ? you worthless stooge. 

nickers told someone that they should kill themself on the Poliboard?

How deplorable. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

15 hours ago, nickers said:

Awwwwww.   So have you two gone Facebook Official with it yet or....? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/27/2024 at 10:33 PM, calfoxwc said:

Well, I didn't write the article. I just have had the same feelings on the matter when they signed you know who.

Some of our players will be cap casualties. Like Nick Chubb, for instance. Dammit, four different qb's won with the Browns. The fiasco giant guaranteed contract was stupid, it will hurt the team next year.

https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/andrew-berry-firing-deshaun-watson-mayfield/

Browns Must Consider Firing Andrew Berry After Watson Debacle, Mayfield’s Success

I honestly thought this was a headline midseason. Mayfield's success, when he blew another game winning drive? I was watching the playoff game and told my wife when he took over that "game's over, Mayfield always panics in these scenarios" and two plays in bingo. Watson who is the only other QB to defeat Baltimore at home this season on a broken shoulder and one leg. Berry assembled a roster that could withstand the loss of  Nick Chubb of the 26% IR this season.  I get tired of clickbait and hot takes that poses as sport journalism these days.

20 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

I honestly thought this was a headline midseason. Mayfield's success, when he blew another game winning drive? I was watching the playoff game and told my wife when he took over that "game's over, Mayfield always panics in these scenarios" and two plays in bingo. Watson who is the only other QB to defeat Baltimore at home this season on a broken shoulder and one leg. Berry assembled a roster that could withstand the loss of  Nick Chubb of the 26% IR this season.  I get tired of clickbait and hot takes that poses as sport journalism these days.

points well taken. The bucs, though, had their oline dominated. The bucs have to add a dynamic wr to their wr group. They have Evans, a 2014 first round pick, and Godwin, a 2017 3rd pick. And Palmer? He was a 6th round pick the last draft. In the playoffs, that isn't strong enough to go against an outstanding defense. Peyton Manning, one of the GOATS, threw 4 interceptions once in a playoff game. Hell, the Bucs had Tom Brady for three years. TOM BRADY ! they got to the playoffs, too.

But lost. That tells the tale, to me.

https://www.nfl.com/news/baker-mayfield-discusses-future-following-loss-to-lions-i-can-t-say-enough-about-this-organization

• Haha 1

points well taken. The bucs, though, had their oline dominated. The bucs have to add a dynamic wr to their wr group. They have Evans, a 2014 first round pick, and Godwin, a 2017 3rd pick. And Palmer? He was a 6th round pick the last draft. In the playoffs, that isn't strong enough to go against an outstanding defense. Peyton Manning, one of the GOATS, threw 4 interceptions once in a playoff game. Hell, the Bucs had Tom Brady for three years. TOM BRADY ! they got to the playoffs, too.

https://www.nfl.com/news/baker-mayfield-discusses-future-following-loss-to-lions-i-can-t-say-enough-about-this-organization

You are completely delusional. Mike Evans and Chris Godwin might be one of the best WR duos in the game. Who cares if Godwin is a 3rd rounder? He's an All Pro and Pro Bowler.

You point out Tom Brady played for the Bucs and lost. But you happened to forget about Brady winning the Bucs a Super Bowl. You conveniently left that part out. 

Faker Mehfield is who he is. A mediocre QB who chokes in big moments, chokes in the 4th quarter, and chokes in the playoffs against the best teams. Getting 9 wins in the worst division in football is nothing to brag about. Beating an Eagles team who went 1-6 the last seven games is nothing to brag about. The Bucs lost to the Lions because Faker had 2 turnovers and Goff had 0, then Faker choked in the 4th as usual. It's on him, not his o-line. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Reference, for anyone keeping track at home.  This is a thread by Cal, started in September praising Baker Mayfield and that he finally has "receivers who can get open" 

I.E. calling the Bucs receivers good and that Baker needed them, something he didn't have in CLE.

But now those same receivers are bad when Tampa loses and Baker throws two costly picks. The first looking oddly similar to the dagger concept he mailed high to Schwartz a couple years ago. 

At this point, the only one talking to Cal and NOT making fun of him is Nickers.  But that's because there's some serious sexual tension between those two.

Edit: and if anyone is wondering why I dug this up - I have a fantastic memory and retain/recall things very well.   Not to toot my own horn here, but you'll also notice the gambling advice I posted in Cals thread unfolded to the letter.  So please, friends, don't forget I accept cash app and Venmo tips should you want to show me a little love for the advice.