THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns must consider firing Berry after qb fiasco

calfoxwc

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

At this point, the only one talking to Cal and NOT making fun of him is Nickers.  But that's because there's some serious sexual tension between those two.

sorry Shirley, but your ego is twirley.

Evans and Godwin are excellent. Two excellent wr's isn't enough when you get to the playoffs.

You must have an inferiority complex because you never made it to the NFL brag, brag, troublemaking brag.

You conveniently left out the fact that:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/55975394

"

Already widely considered the greatest NFL player of all time, Brady decided to leave New England in the off-season for a new challenge and was lured to Tampa Bay, whose only previous Super Bowl win came in the 2002 season.

He reportedly urged the Bucs to bring in former Patriots team-mates Rob Gronkowski and Antonio Brown, as well as Leonard Fournette, and the trio shared Tampa Bay's four touchdowns as they eased home in Super Bowl 55 after leading 21-6 at half-time."

So, yeah, Brady led the Bucs to a Superbowl alrighty.

WITH GRONK, BROWN and FOURNETTE, WHO SHARED THE TAMPA BAY TD's !!!

So, yes, you are an ass. I said the Bucs needed an ADDITION to their wr room.

Tom Brady wanted Gronk and Brown added for the very reason I SAID - they needed at least another star wr added to the mix, and Gronk at TE is more a TE retired that you pretend you were in hs.

Maybe you never made it to the NFL because you were too stupid.

44 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

sorry Shirley, but your ego is twirley.

Evans and Godwin are excellent. Two excellent wr's isn't enough when you get to the playoffs.

You must have an inferiority complex because you never made it to the NFL brag, brag, troublemaking brag.

You conveniently left out the fact that:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/55975394

"

Already widely considered the greatest NFL player of all time, Brady decided to leave New England in the off-season for a new challenge and was lured to Tampa Bay, whose only previous Super Bowl win came in the 2002 season.

He reportedly urged the Bucs to bring in former Patriots team-mates Rob Gronkowski and Antonio Brown, as well as Leonard Fournette, and the trio shared Tampa Bay's four touchdowns as they eased home in Super Bowl 55 after leading 21-6 at half-time."

So, yeah, Brady led the Bucs to a Superbowl alrighty.

WITH GRONK, BROWN and FOURNETTE, WHO SHARED THE TAMPA BAY TD's !!!

So, yes, you are an ass. I said the Bucs needed an ADDITION to their wr room.

Tom Brady wanted Gronk and Brown added for the very reason I SAID - they needed at least another star wr added to the mix, and Gronk at TE is more a TE retired that you pretend you were in hs.

Maybe you never made it to the NFL because you were too stupid.

Bingo.. His ego is so huge he can't see past his own rhetoric... He needs a new hobby.. Sitting there breaking down film is non productive and he spends a hell of a lot time on here..... Once the breakdown is viewed ,, a day later no one gives a fuck and it's forgotten... It's like a mundane piece of music you have to learn because it's part of a process to get into something deeper... Once you master certain techniques.. The nomenclature becomes meaningless and your own natural ability takes over.. And you can move on to greater things... It's about priorities.. Your family.. Health.. Doing right by others... Any Monkey butt can sit down and break down film.. There are more important things in life than trying to impress people with your limited Football knowledge... In the end.. No one gives a shit!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

You are completely delusional. Mike Evans and Chris Godwin might be one of the best WR duos in the game. Who cares if Godwin is a 3rd rounder? He's an All Pro and Pro Bowler.

You point out Tom Brady played for the Bucs and lost. But you happened to forget about Brady winning the Bucs a Super Bowl. You conveniently left that part out. 

Faker Mehfield is who he is. A mediocre QB who chokes in big moments, chokes in the 4th quarter, and chokes in the playoffs against the best teams. Getting 9 wins in the worst division in football is nothing to brag about. Beating an Eagles team who went 1-6 the last seven games is nothing to brag about. The Bucs lost to the Lions because Faker had 2 turnovers and Goff had 0, then Faker choked in the 4th as usual. It's on him, not his o-line. 

Bernie, when he's not Tattle Cal - he's Rain Man.  It's not worth your time.  Inconvenient truth doesn't count with him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Sitting there breaking down film is non productive and he spends a hell of a lot time on here.....

Considering I started making a bit of money on the side that I've tucked away, including being invited to do these sorts of things for a Buckeye Alumni site... I mean, "non productive" isn't what you could label it.  Non productive and idle would be knowing jack shit about football, then jumping on here and telling everyone that Myles Garrett is a cancer who should be cut from the team.

Point being, I'd rather spend some extra time and my words hold merit and value then casually whine like a bitch.  We have enough effeminates males, yourself included, who do that throughout all walks of life.  I've simply chosen a better, far more detailed way.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

and yet, Shirley is terrified of being involved with fantasy football because that would be a risk to his? fake ego. It just keeps getting worse. I don't know if he has dared to do the college bowl mania - he "knows so much about football".....

whatever. lol

I guess Watson needs to figure out if he wants to be like Peyton Manning was 20 years ago and gobble up so much of the team's salary cap that nobody else can be signed and, therefore, he under achieve every year OR he needs to take a page out of Tom Brady's play book and restructure his contract to benefit the team so that Super Bowls can be won. 

He can't be so tone deaf that he doesn't recognize this. We still have a week and a half left in the 2023 season and he's already shaping up to be the biggest pariah of the 2024 season.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, nickers said:

Bingo.. His ego is so huge he can't see past his own rhetoric... He needs a new hobby.. Sitting there breaking down film is non productive and he spends a hell of a lot time on here..... Once the breakdown is viewed ,, a day later no one gives a fuck and it's forgotten... It's like a mundane piece of music you have to learn because it's part of a process to get into something deeper... Once you master certain techniques.. The nomenclature becomes meaningless and your own natural ability takes over.. And you can move on to greater things... It's about priorities.. Your family.. Health.. Doing right by others... Any Monkey butt can sit down and break down film.. There are more important things in life than trying to impress people with your limited Football knowledge... In the end.. No one gives a shit!

Actually when I have the time I do indeed enjoy reading through the film breakdown. Details matter in this game so what the Browns are doing right and wrong does matter on Sundays.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Actually when I have the time I do indeed enjoy reading through the film breakdown. Details matter in this game so what the Browns are doing right and wrong does matter on Sundays.

That's fine.. but still.. it's not the end all be all.. But after a day or so.. it becomes moot and you move on to the next game... Can't sit and dwell on past failures.. You are doomed to repeat yourself...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

The crux of my point is this though - despite you probably 25 years my senior, you're having a younger person imparting you wisdom. None more important than to remind you that the phrase has *ALWAYS* been... 

major erroneous you have made. Knowledge is not wisdom. You know a lot of stuff you are interested in, sure. But your arrogance is keeping you from growing as a wise person.

42 minutes ago, Orion said:

This thread is still going?

We've just made the playoffs for the 2nd time this century.  Let's fire everyone who got us here!  

The butthurt over Baker remains strong with a handful around here... 

I don't want anybody fired. This is the most stability the organization has had in three decades from a front office and coaching staff perspective, and the best roster since the 80s.

I don't know how the flow of things go in the locker room. In front of the cameras and on social media, guys are always happy their teammates get paid.

Here's what I do know, Watson has been paid $65,021,000 the last two seasons and has played 12 games. He's slated to make $54,993,000 in 2024, 2025 and 2026.

I don't want animosity to grow in the locker room because of his contract vs what the team is able to do as a result of that contract.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

image.thumb.png.dd937bc668d54f0d9b0115c6977d0d77.png

Like the sneering Grinch, but instead of his heart being two sizes too small, I fear his ability to critically think how his contract has hamstrung the Browns is two sizes too small.

• Upvote 1

meanwhile, I didn't know the pro bowl was flag football now.

Didn't watch it before, now I am happy to not watch it. But I did see the headline:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bucs-qb-baker-mayfield-named-pro-bowl-games-offensive-mvp/ar-BB1hLVIu

Bucs QB Baker Mayfield named Pro Bowl Games offensive MVP

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Didn't watch it before, now I am happy to not watch it. But I did see the headline:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bucs-qb-baker-mayfield-named-pro-bowl-games-offensive-mvp/ar-BB1hLVIu

Kind of like winning best wet willy contest isn't it? Pretty much of a stretch to brag about being a flag football MVP.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Kind of like winning best wet willy contest isn't it? Pretty much of a stretch to brag about being a flag football MVP.

Even for cal, this is pathetically hilarious. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The highlights I saw made it look like Field Day on the last day of school.

Races, obstacle courses, tug of war...

7 hours ago, AP1 said:

The highlights I saw made it look like Field Day on the last day of school.

Races, obstacle courses, tug of war...

The whole thing is a waste of time and unworthy of the NFL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AP1 said:

But the stadium looked full, so the NFL will leverage it's popularity. 

It looked stupid to me. I guess they didn't want anyone to get hurt.

I know some posters blame qb's for getting coaches fired, so this is for them:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2024/2/4/24059954/browns-fired-alex-van-pelt-because-ownership-paul-depodesta-werent-happy-deshaun-watsons-progress

Breer: Browns fired Alex Van Pelt because ownership, Paul DePodesta weren’t happy with Deshaun Watson’s progress

1 hour ago, AP1 said:

But the stadium looked full, so the NFL will leverage it's popularity. 

Yeah, next they will put it on the same pay extra network you have to use for Thursday night football.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

It looked stupid to me. I guess they didn't want anyone to get hurt.

I know some posters blame qb's for getting coaches fired, so this is for them:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2024/2/4/24059954/browns-fired-alex-van-pelt-because-ownership-paul-depodesta-werent-happy-deshaun-watsons-progress

Breer: Browns fired Alex Van Pelt because ownership, Paul DePodesta weren’t happy with Deshaun Watson’s progress

While AVP was the first, he won't be the last that Watson gets fired..... maybe even those that are currently doing the firing. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know why there is all this controversy swirling around Watson. I thought he did better than I expected when he came back from suspension considering how long he was away from the game. I thought he did good this year considering he was probably playing injured.

I mean, I think I know why there is controversy, I just don't think it's related to football. People really need to let it go. If his shoulder fully heals, he will be fine.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

I don't know why there is all this controversy swirling around Watson. 

No guilt in the court's of law, but A good NFL Witch hunt, attracted the flying monkey's 🐒

Xd0inI0SFhRAI.gif