THE BROWNS BOARD

Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects

gumby73

Here they come.. Here's your Place to Post'em !

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/browns-kingsley-suamataia-malachi-corley-2024-nfl-draft-mock/?itm_source=parsely-api

Between the Senior Bowl & up past the NFL Combine, as the normal, players prospect ranking Stock will go up & down boards

The Athletic writer Dane Brugler, compiles some of the best individual player scouting reports that flux very little from Mock 1.0

Beginning video at Saints pick #45 to end of Round 2 

No perfect science to any of this Madness.. but, like several names falling all around Browns pick #54 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I noticed that Edgerrin Cooper from A&M is his first LB overall off the board. Need a tia sighting here.😁

@MLD Woody  Asking for a  friend..:D

Why would Michigan LB Junior Colson go at pick #50? Before Aggies LB Edgerrin Cooper at pick #55? in above Mock

Can Junior push Taki or replace Anthony Walker Jr, worth our pick #54 ?  or was Colston game, used like JOK ?

edit-- Live in NC. Love NC State LB Payton Wilson. Hate his injury history

Have them Ranked.. Cooper/ Colson/ / Miss.St. Boogie Watson// than NC.St.- Payton Wilson due to injury ,behind Boogie 

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Why would Michigan LB Junior Colson go at pick #50? Before Aggies LB Edgerrin Cooper at pick #55? in above Mock

Can Junior push Taki or replace Anthony Walker Jr, worth our pick #54 ?  or was Colston game, used like JOK ?

Have them Ranked.. Cooper/ Colson/ / Miss.St. Boogie Watson// than NC.St.- Payton Wilson due to injury ,behind Boogie 

Why did he say in the video, "I would not be surprised if E.C. out of A&M becomes the top LB in this class."? He needs to make up his mind. LOL! Just saying for a friend. EDIT: Cooper is better than Tacoman whom I've never really been impressed with.

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

A.) Why did he say in the video, "I would not be surprised if E.C. out of A&M becomes the top LB in this class."? He needs to make up his mind. LOL! Just saying for a friend.

B.) EDIT: Cooper is better than Tacoman whom I've never really been impressed with.

A. That's Tom Downey reading Dane's picks. Here's Dane  download.jpg.32eb22c63fc48ac691f5571e70b6aedc.jpg  Downey sometimes does a podcast w/Dane, so Downey took his shots at his opinions

B.) not hip 🕺to nickname.. Who's  Tacoman? _______________   wait...Is their a Kool-aide Man that runs thru walls? ;)

initial ramblings on Dane's Mock.

1.) Dane's higher on teams reaching for late 1st round Tackles than I was thinking. 24.Guyton  27. Kingsley  32. Morgan   36.Paul .. In a few days, Dane will post another Mock after the Senior Bowl. 

2.) If we were to replace Teller's contract? I'm higher on K-st. Cooper Beebe pick #40, than Kansas Puni who went a few picks ahead of Cooper   

3.) Polk, Worthy, McConkey, Franklin..  hope the WR run last long enough until our pick  🤞 Bonus if we come out with a WR/Punt Returner (Worthy,Polk,McConkey)

13 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Idk enough about the Aggies LB. Colson is probably built like a "prototypical" LB with the ability to move really well in space. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I noticed that Edgerrin Cooper from A&M is his first LB overall off the board. Need a tia sighting here.😁

For .....what?  You want me to earmark this kid down so I can do a review or...? 

The Tommy Eichenburg in the 5th is interesting.  I love T.E. for the Buckeye he is, but I have questions about his eyes and landmarks in coverage.  And his ability to work to gaps off misdirection.  scUMs biggest adjustment the 2nd half of that game was working their weakside plays off that ghost jet.  Tommy was routinely a couple steps behind.  We already have enough LBs on the roster like that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

For .....what?  You want me to earmark this kid down so I can do a review or...?

Nah, just messin' with ya. But if you want to take a look, feel free. I doubt we go the LB route in the 2nd anyway and he'll be gone when our 3rd round pick comes up. Premature to make accurate draft predictions since the FA period starts March 13. Kind of need to see what we actually look like before the draft on April 25-27.

Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it.  But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on.  I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it.  But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on.  I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

It is tough, you almost have to come up with like ten guys you'd like at the spot so you can get interested... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Orion said:

I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

That's just it. A slew of Mocks got posted last season up until March 22 2023.. (5 weeks before the draft)

Jets traded WR Elijah Moore & a 3rd round pick #74 to the Browns. That turned into Elijah Moore & Cedric Tillman. The Jets took a Center, Joe Tippman at the pick we traded #43 

Who's to say Berry might find trading #54 is the better option again? (pro GM's/staffs get paid to project players draft slot windows/ misfits too,KC K. Toney, example only)

Attach trading Greg Newsome(rumors) or Wyatt Teller (contract) to pick #54? pick 85? 

Berry only needs to get the first 55 drafted players coming off the board correct.. Mock experts can't get the first 32 correct  🤩

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Orion said:

Yeah, it's been an adjustment trying to get excited about drafts without a 1st round pick.  That said, it sure seemed like the caliber of 1st round picks went from guys like Myles Garrett, David Njoku and Denzel Ward via Dorsey to Jed Wills and Greg Newsome from Berry.   The only starter Berry drafted on the OL was Wills; and that's unfolded like a silent but deadly fart in a crowded elevator.  As for Newsome, he's not awful but I think we could have found equitable talent in rounds 2 or 3. 

The mock drafts are helpful to us with getting acquainted with the prospects a little better.  I usually like to wait until the combines before I indulge in it a little more.

Maybe it's just me, but I find more contentment in scouting for the middle to late rounds.   Usually first round ability is self-evident.   I pride myself on having an eye for talent, and that eye is incredibly useful (necessary) when the waters are muddied past pick #32.   

It's sort of a competition I like having, with myself and/or others, on seeing whose picks workout.  That was something Tour, god rest him, and myself had a fun back n forth on.  

Those are also the picks that support your star players.  And the roles they fill are vital as a collective. Roster turnover at the mid to bottom.  When you realize how important those roles are, you'll find excitement in finding those players. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Flugel said:

As for Newsome, he's not awful but I think we could have found equitable talent in rounds 2 or 3.    Agreed.  And he doesn't have a whole lot of speed.

The mock drafts are helpful to us with getting acquainted with the prospects a little better.  I usually like to wait until the combines before I indulge in it a little more.

Yes.  I like the combine.  I like watching the receivers run the gauntlet.  I don't think anyone's made it look easier than Emmanuel Sanders did.  (we passed on him and the Steelers took him.......I was disappointed)

26 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Those are also the picks that support your star players.  And the roles they fill are vital as a collective. Roster turnover at the mid to bottom.  When you realize how important those roles are,

...good post.   And I absolutely understand how important those mid to lower rounds are  (7th ??  meh,  glorified FA's - although you have to study the perceived FA's also).  But the time and effort for me to do that is just not gonna happen.  Like Flugal, I'll check out some mocks for our earlier rounds...I'll check out draft rankings of the position groups to see who I might like at that pick...but beyond that......umm.....you do it....and I'll just blindly disagree.  :) 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, syd said:

No chance I'd pass on adding.. either/or

DT Sweat or WR McConkey @54

Bama WR Burton or LB E. Cooper  @85 

T Rouse or  A&M WR A. Smith  or TE Theo Johnson  @134

T Blake Fisher or RB Marshawn Lloyd @154

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

No chance I'd pass on adding.. either/or

DT Sweat or WR McConkey @54

Bama WR Burton or LB E. Cooper  @85 

T Rouse or  A&M WR A. Smith  or TE Theo Johnson  @134

T Blake Fisher or RB Marshawn Lloyd @154

I would have considered TE Cade Stover from Ohio State at #85. 

On 2/6/2024 at 5:36 PM, Orion said:

With as many selections to be made before our pick and how FA might impact the draft as far as any needs considerations that might come in to play for all teams, I'd say it is infinite.

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

With as many selections to be made before our pick and how FA might impact the draft as far as any needs considerations that might come in to play for all teams, I'd say it is infinite.

As you say, once we get past the bulk of free agency we can take the 'IN' off of 'infinite' as we might be able to rule out certain positions in the early part of our draft.  Once we get into those 6th & 7th round picks, anything goes again.  

BTW ballpeen, as of January 8th I am, like you, retired.  I highly recommend it.  Of course, now I have kidney stones.  :(  I don't highly recommend that.  Right now I'm in what scientists would call,  A meta stable state.  But when I'm having an attack, I wish for the vacuum decay of the universe.  

6 hours ago, Orion said:

BTW ballpeen, as of January 8th I am, like you, retired.  I highly recommend it.  Of course, now I have kidney stones.  :(  I don't highly recommend that.  Right now I'm in what scientists would call,  A meta stable state.  But when I'm having an attack, I wish for the vacuum decay of the universe.  

I feel for you Orion. I passed one a few years ago and it redefined my 1 to 10 pain scale. Previously 10 had been when I broke my leg and simultaneously dislocated my ankle. That has become a 7. The 10++++ kidney stone felt like what the pain from taking a knife to yourself like the Japanese method of hara-kiri feels like, except no one is there to relieve you of the pain by chopping off your head.😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I feel for you Orion. I passed one a few years ago and it redefined my 1 to 10 pain scale. Previously 10 had been when I broke my leg and simultaneously dislocated my ankle. That has become a 7. The 10++++ kidney stone felt like what the pain from taking a knife to yourself like the Japanese method of hara-kiri feels like, except no one is there to relieve you of the pain by chopping off your head.😁

I dropped a piece of steel on my foot yesterday, and I'd do that every day for the rest of my life to avoid ever going through the pain of a kidney stone again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I dropped a piece of steel on my foot yesterday, and I'd do that every day for the rest of my life to avoid ever going through the pain of a kidney stone again. 

My mother-in-law told me she rated her most difficult birthing of 4 children at a 7 and kidney stone a 10.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Orion said:

As you say, once we get past the bulk of free agency we can take the 'IN' off of 'infinite' as we might be able to rule out certain positions in the early part of our draft.  Once we get into those 6th & 7th round picks, anything goes again.  

Welcome to retirement.  It's nice when everyday is the weekend.

Sorry to hear about the stones.

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2024 at 11:02 PM, gumby73 said:

Who's to say Berry might find trading #54 is the better option again? (pro GM's/staffs get paid to project players draft slot windows/ misfits too,KC K. Toney, example only)

Took a look at some options, ruling out now FA's such as Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman. ^^

Most had rumors at last seasons trade deadline and have contract outs in the 2024 season. You know.. Stuff like, the Jets got to go OL with the 10th pick? But wait, misplaced WR Davante Adams could reunite with A.Rod for that #10 pick? -or- Washington, DC's DT Jonathan Allen to the built to win now Packers . Cost? 2.41 plus 4.125 

Browns web-dork rumors really like calling the Denver Donkeys? 

#1. LT Jedrick Wills age 24 on paid 5th year option in 2024 paying 14.6M

#2. Browns trade pick 2.54 to Denver for WR Jerry Jeudy age 24 owed 13M in 2024. Browns were rumored close to a deal at trade deadline last season. Rumored Denver passed on 2nd & 5th round pick. (team unknown)

Believable maybe, is the Browns on the clock, with draft names available? -Anybody think Denver would take Jed Wills off our hands for WR Jerry Jeudy straight up? 

Other articles, seen options with age & out options in 2024..

#3. Denver---LT Garett Boles age 32 due 18-20M has a out in 2024. WR Cortland Sutton age 28 due 17M has a out in 2024. S Justin Simmons age 30 has a 2024 out option due 18.2M 👀  tied to that kind of money option? They'd be lucky to get a 6th or 7th rounder, if a no trade clause isn't in their contracts .

Dallas Cowboys-- How many times can WR Brandin Cooks be rumored to team up with D.Watson again? Cook's is now age 30, with 10M owed, if plays 2024 season in Dallas? MAR 19 2023 Traded to Dallas (DAL) from Houston (HOU) for 2024 6th round pick and 2023 5th round pick (#161 - traded)   Start trade talks in the 6th?

just spit-bailing, some media readable draft trade player name options here? Any opinions? other trade names out there?