THE BROWNS BOARD

Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects

gumby73

Only 6 more hours of game hype to kill, before a 6 hour game  🤩 

Simple upgraded draft site  https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

Large size of WR class, allowed for a few trade backs. Took 3 trades, covering most needs, so took 2nd falling Wide outs 

C
64.NFL-team-logo
T'Vondre SweatDT Texas
trade-icon  trade

85.NFL-team-logo

Roman WilsonWR Michigan

94.NFL-team-logo

Blake FisherOT Notre Dame
trade-icon trade

132.NFL-team-logo

MarShawn LloydRB USC
trade-icon trade

134.NFL-team-logo

Ricky PearsallWR Florida

154.NFL-team-logo

Curtis JacobsLB Penn State

207.NFL-team-logo

Brevyn Spann-FordTE Minnesota

240.NFL-team-logo

Nelson CeaserEDGE Houston

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Only 6 more hours of game hype to kill, before a 6 hour game  🤩 

Simple upgraded draft site  https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

Large size of WR class, allowed for a few trade backs. Took 3 trades, covering most needs, so took 2nd falling Wide outs 

C
64.NFL-team-logo
T'Vondre SweatDT Texas
trade-icon  trade

85.NFL-team-logo

Roman WilsonWR Michigan

94.NFL-team-logo

Blake FisherOT Notre Dame
trade-icon trade

132.NFL-team-logo

MarShawn LloydRB USC
trade-icon trade

134.NFL-team-logo

Ricky PearsallWR Florida

154.NFL-team-logo

Curtis JacobsLB Penn State

207.NFL-team-logo

Brevyn Spann-FordTE Minnesota

240.NFL-team-logo

Nelson CeaserEDGE Houston

Did a nice job with value AND hitting on needs gumby! 

• Thanks 1

Draft Sims #2 https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator  No trades.. site is obsessed with future year picks

Xavier Worthy
    WR | Texas
    A+
    Roman Wilson
    WR | Michigan
    B+
    Tommy Eichenberg
    LB | Ohio State
    A+
    MarShawn Lloyd
    RB | USC
    A+
    A.J. Barner
    TE | Michigan
    A
    Gabe Hall
    DL | Baylor
    A+
    Cedric Johnson
    EDGE | Mississippi
    A

Edit-- A new draft sims I've never seen/played.. https://nfldraftfanatics.com/draft-result  🎊

New? maybe? see's a player board differing 

Brown
Browns

R2:54

Adisa Isaac

Penn State

EDGE

GRADE

A+

R3:85

JJa'Lynn Polk
'Lynn Polk

Washington

WR

GRADE

A

R5:134

Tommy Eichenberg

Ohio State

LB

GRADE

A+

R5:154

Fabien Lovett

Florida State

DL

GRADE

A

R6:204

Ray Davis

Kentucky

RB

GRADE

A

R6:207

Ainias Smith
AiniaSmit

Texas A&M

WR

GRADE

A

R7:227

Erick All

Iowa

TE

GRADE

A

There's a line of free agent LBs possibly leaving the Browns this offseason, and I'd love to add a bigger, physical presence next to JOK in the draft...

That guy might very well be Junior Colson. I think he'd be a nice complement.

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

There's a line of free agent LBs possibly leaving the Browns this offseason, and I'd love to add a bigger, physical presence next to JOK in the draft...

That guy might very well be Junior Colson. I think he'd be a nice complement.

Whoa!  Be careful.  Woody's gonna be moaning and groaning in here like he's on a permanent overdose of ecstasy. 

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

Whoa!  Be careful.  Woody's gonna be moaning and groaning in here like he's on a permanent overdose of ecstasy. 

Now if the Browns could get Connor Stalions.... oh boy!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Flugel said:

I think Patrick Queen is available and a FA.. As much as I like AW... we need a younger body back there.. I also would like to see us get even faster on the perimeter if at all possible

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 12:30 PM, gumby73 said:

.NFL-team-logo

T'Vondre SweatDT Texas

I love the pick, but I think he's gone in the first ten picks of the 2nd round, if not the end of the first. The big man can play, plug up the middle, collapse the pocket... that would make for a stellar dl rotation. Goal line stands? he's rated 100% against the run. I'd move up in the second round if it would work out.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2024 at 1:04 PM, calfoxwc said:

I love the pick, but I think he's gone in the first ten picks of the 2nd round, if not the end of the first. The big man can play, plug up the middle, collapse the pocket... that would make for a stellar dl rotation. Goal line stands? he's rated 100% against the run. I'd move up in the second round if it would work out.

Have you told our audience you don't watch college football because you have better things to do with your time?  Judging by the response you got I'd say everyone is well aware of this.  I can't wait to start talking about our OL and what our plan is at RG when/if someone signs Wyatt Teller.  Once upon a time that kind of thing interested you. It still interests me; but what could I possibly know or understand about offensive line stuff...

Iimage.thumb.png.a35a86423460e4c341730ad6584a0f8e.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

4.21 Worthy is definitely before our 2nd rd pick now 

True. Believe it or not Texas has another WR (Adonai Mitchell) that could be tempting in round 2 if still available (despite more pressing needs). He's 6'2" 205lbs and the stats below show us he scored 11 TDs while averaging 15.4 yards a catch in 2023. Aside from that he ran a 4.34 at the Combine.  That didn't look like a fun tandem to try to defend.

PLAYERS
GP
REC
RECYDS
RECAVG
RECYDS/G
RECTD
LNG
100+

11 minutes ago, Flugel said:

True. Believe it or not Texas has another WR (Adonai Mitchell) that could be tempting in round 2 if still available (despite more pressing needs). He's 6'2" 205lbs and the stats below show us he scored 11 TDs while averaging 15.4 yards a catch in 2023. Aside from that he ran a 4.34 at the Combine.  That didn't look like a fun tandem to try to defend.

PLAYERS
GP
REC
RECYDS
RECAVG
RECYDS/G
RECTD
LNG
100+

I think I'd gladly take the 6'2" 205lb WR who ran a 4.34! 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Flugel said:

That didn't look like a fun tandem to try to defend.

Those type of Texas WR's make life easy for QB's. Texas QB Quinn Ewers completed 69% of his passes. Isn't Texas where QB Arch Manning went to play?  

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

Those type of Texas WR's make life easy for QB's. Texas QB Quinn Ewers completed 69% of his passes. Isn't Texas where QB Arch Manning went to play?  

They sure do Gumbs!  To answer your question - Texas is where Arch Manning went to watch.  They're still working on the "to play" part.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:49 PM, MLD Woody said:

4.21 Worthy is definitely before our 2nd rd pick now 

Since he had been linked to us that's the first thing I thought when I saw his 40 time. :)  But ya know what?  He's 165 lbs.  We're playing tackle football here.  And a knock on him is that he takes plays off when the ball is not intended to go to him.  As noted in above posts, his team mate Mitchell is big and fast.  I like him better for tackle football.  Of course, he's got a couple of knocks too.  He's a cradle catcher who struggles catching with his hands.  That's a problem.  Coverages are tight in the NFL.  QB's many times have to throw it where you're going to have to reach for it.  They can't always aim at your gut.  Also, he doesn't want to put effort into run blocking.  That of course, would be corrected in Cleveland...if he doesn't want to be inactive of Sundays.

Did Mitchell run The Gauntlet at the draft?  Did anyone see him run it if he did?   I was unable to watch the Combine.

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Since he had been linked to us that's the first thing I thought when I saw his 40 time. :)  But ya know what?  He's 165 lbs.  We're playing tackle football here.  And a knock on him is that he takes plays off when the ball is not intended to go to him.  As noted in above posts, his team mate Mitchell is big and fast.  I like him better for tackle football.  Of course, he's got a couple of knocks too.  He's a cradle catcher who struggles catching with his hands.  That's a problem.  Coverages are tight in the NFL.  QB's many times have to throw it where you're going to have to reach for it.  They can't always aim at your gut.  Also, he doesn't want to put effort into run blocking.  That of course, would be corrected in Cleveland...if he doesn't want to be inactive of Sundays.

Did Mitchell run The Gauntlet at the draft?  Did anyone see him run it if he did?   I was unable to watch the Combine.

I understand your concerns and questions after we've witnessed guys like Greg Little, Michael Jackson (this version of Thriller was catch the ones we didn't think he could and drop the easy ones), Braylon Edwards (1 Pro Bowl season that looked like none of the others with drops and concentration haunting him).  I'd say Schwartz but Cleveland was the only team willing to reach on this fast guy they couldn't re-wire into a football player.

Here's a quick blurb I found when I Googled up scouting report on Adonai Mitchell. "He's not always a natural hands-catcher, but his ability to snare balls outside his frame is top-notch. His route running currently lacks focus and consistency, but agility and burst out of breaks will not be an issue. Mitchell is rugged after the catch and has the ability to become a winner on all three levels."

I don't know if that's telling me he's another Michael Jackson or someone worth betting on.  He scored 11 TDs last year while averaging over 15 yards a catch.  My guess is someone will take him before pick #54. Here's a clip of what he did at the combines inclusive of the running the gauntlets and drills - it will still work despite it saying video unavailable if you click on the white watch on YouTube link below.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Orion said:

He looks good to me Flugel.  He caught it nicely in the gauntlet.  Thank you muchly.  

Yeah, me too Orion.  Thanks for the feedback!  We're learning about this guy together.  

This Board ran fine for years, without pinning a half dozen Topics  😇 (2=new members & board of champions)

🏈 talk,

2024 (covid year) Age Guardrails w/draftee round projections

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/longformarticle/cleveland-browns-age-ras-guardrails-2024-draft-board-post-combine-228230451/#2380445

Green = fit      Pink= don't fit

12323184.thumb.png.6b411d6c52d43652f4fc0b230e787317.png

A early Updated 2024 Roster projection 🤔

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/longformarticle/updated-predicting-the-cleveland-browns-2024-roster-228144943/#2379144

Quarterback (2)
Deshaun Watson
Dorian Thompson-Robinso

Running Back (3)
Free Agent 
Jerome Ford
Draft Pick
PUP - (Nick Chubb)

Wide Receiver (6)
Amari Cooper
Elijah Moore
Free Agent - few hours from post. Hello traded Jerry Jeudy !
Cedric Tillman
Draft Pick
David Bell

Tight End (3)
David Njoku
Harrison Bryant 
Draft Pick

Tackle (4)
Jedrick Wills
Dawand Jones
Jack Conklin 
Draft Pick

Guard (3)
Bitonio
Teller
Draft Pick 

Center (2)
Ethan Pocic
Luke Wypler

Edge (5)
Myles Garrett
Za'Darius Smith 
Ogbo Okoronkwo
Alex Wright 
McGuire 

Defensive Tackle (5)
Dalvin Tomlinson
Shelby Harris
Maurice Hurst
Free Agent 
Siaki Ika

Linebacker (6)
Anthony Walker 
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
Sione Takitaki 
Tony Fields
Matthew Adams
Draft Pick

Cornerback (6)
Denzel Ward
Martin Emerson
Greg Newsome
Cameron Mitchell
Kahlef Hailassie
Draft Pick

Safety (5)
Juan Thornhill
Grant Delpit
Ronnie Hickman
D'Anthony Bell
Draft Pick

Special Teams (3)
Dustin Hopkins
Corey Bojorquez
Charley Hughlett

Got a few, fan GM roster opinions you'd like to change?

#1. Re-sign backup QB Joe Flacco?  (Trust Watson's injury bounce back in 2024?)

Got Others ?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

This Board ran fine for years, without pinning a half dozen Topics  😇 (2=new members & board of champions)

🏈 talk,

2024 (covid year) Age Guardrails w/draftee round projections

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/longformarticle/cleveland-browns-age-ras-guardrails-2024-draft-board-post-combine-228230451/#2380445

Green = fit      Pink= don't fit

12323184.thumb.png.6b411d6c52d43652f4fc0b230e787317.png

A early Updated 2024 Roster projection 🤔

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/longformarticle/updated-predicting-the-cleveland-browns-2024-roster-228144943/#2379144

Quarterback (2)
Deshaun Watson
Dorian Thompson-Robinso

Running Back (3)
Free Agent 
Jerome Ford
Draft Pick
PUP - (Nick Chubb)

Wide Receiver (6)
Amari Cooper
Elijah Moore
Free Agent 
Cedric Tillman
Draft Pick
David Bell

Tight End (3)
David Njoku
Harrison Bryant 
Draft Pick

Tackle (4)
Jedrick Wills
Dawand Jones
Jack Conklin 
Draft Pick

Guard (3)
Bitonio
Teller
Draft Pick 

Center (2)
Ethan Pocic
Luke Wypler

Edge (5)
Myles Garrett
Za'Darius Smith 
Ogbo Okoronkwo
Alex Wright 
McGuire 

Defensive Tackle (5)
Dalvin Tomlinson
Shelby Harris
Maurice Hurst
Free Agent 
Siaki Ika

Linebacker (6)
Anthony Walker 
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
Sione Takitaki 
Tony Fields
Matthew Adams
Draft Pick

Cornerback (6)
Denzel Ward
Martin Emerson
Greg Newsome
Cameron Mitchell
Kahlef Hailassie
Draft Pick

Safety (5)
Juan Thornhill
Grant Delpit
Ronnie Hickman
D'Anthony Bell
Draft Pick

Special Teams (3)
Dustin Hopkins
Corey Bojorquez
Charley Hughlett

Got a few, fan GM roster opinions you'd like to change?

#1. Re-sign backup QB Joe Flacco?  (Trust Watson's injury bounce back in 2024?)

Got Others ?

This is just constructive feedback to MJP who has good intentions working on volunteer pay. I agree with Gumbs that we don't need to start pinning a bunch of threads all of a sudden.  While I liked reading Braylon Edwards saved an older man's life from 2 punks - it's not something worthy of pinning.  I'm speaking from the experience of posting about this team since November of 98 that my guess is people would prefer to see posts about the continuously changing roster from free agency to the draft through the regular season opener until playoffs pinned for all to see, update and post in accordance with breaking news.  For example, the stuff above from Gumbs is an excellent piece to keep - just look at the quality of the post.  Not only that, he started this entire thread on February 4th that I'm still interested in reading on March 9th.  And why?  We're interested in discussing who's gonna be the Jimmies and Joes behind the X's and O's that will ultimately determine the wins and losses.  

As much as I want a great LBer teaming with JOK - I'd love to add a game changing Safety at the back end.  Look at 2 teams we hate: Ed Reed, Kyle Hamilton, Pollyneedsahaircut, Carnell Lake. They've been in a lot of my nightmares. It's been a long time since we had an Eric Turner; and I would like to finally add that type of impact and presence back there.

After the Jeudy trade, the Browns have five selections left in the 2024 NFL draft:

• Second Round - #54
  • Third Round - #85
  • Fifth Round - #155
  • Sixth Round - #205
  • Seventh Round - #243      

If the Browns getting faster WR's is your thing? 16 draft eligible WR's ran faster 40's than Jerry Jeudy 💥 WR class is loaded w/straight line speed  

Berry is no longer trapped into taking a WR w/higher pick, in what most think is a top 100 draft class. Can still move up or down 🎯 board

Do fantasy Mock sims really have to wait until trades are official ? :lol: Re-sign Flacco & some DT's and we're open for business at any position

Go Browns !  

• Thanks 1

Alright boys... I picked up a trusty Lindy's Draft Guide this morning at the local grocery store, so let me throw out a mock draft. I channeled my inner Andrew Berry and traded down from the 2nd round pick to the 3rd round, picking up a 4th for my troubles.

3rd Round: DT Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson. 6'4", 290lbs. Very good pass rusher from inside, needs polish vs run game. 

3rd Round: Safety Cole Bishop, Utah. 6'2", 209lbs. Rangy safety better vs pass than run.

4th Round: TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4", 251lbs. Solid as a receiver and a blocker.

5th Round: OG Sataoa Laumea, Utah. 6'4", 311lbs. Experienced, 44 college starts. Speed over power. 

6th Round: OT Julian Pearl, Illinois. 6'6", 315lbs. Very good athlete, but raw.

7th Round: ILB Nathaniel Watson, Mississippi State. 6'2", 247lbs. Stout vs the run, limited athlete. 

Sometimes a mock draft kind of falls into your lap, where need meets value, but this one took a while to flesh out. Still, I feel like I addressed needs with decent players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I was figuring out my mock draft, I originally had Braden Fiske, DT from Florida State on it. 

Just saw a video from the Combine of the 300lber running his 40 in 4.78 seconds. 

NFL Draft profile: Purdue football and Decatur Central running back Tyrone Tracy Jr.

1410464812000-staffmugs_91.jpg?width=48&Scott Horner
Indianapolis Star

0:47
1:29

72583627007-combine-cover.jpg?crop=817,4

Tyrone Tracy Jr. has been invited to the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine to be held Feb. 29-March 3 in Indianapolis.

The Decatur Central High School and Purdue offensive weapon is one of 29 invited running backs. Eighteen running backs were selected in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Tracy left his mark on the Decatur Central record books, earning Gatorade Player of the Year honors in Indiana as a senior in the fall of 2017. He finished his career with 6,924 yards of total offense, including a senior season that saw him rush for 1,412 yards and 13 touchdowns and catch 54 passes for 1,132 yards and 16 TDs.

Tyrone Tracy's story:Plan A is NFL dream. Path from Iowa to Purdue a reminder to have Plan B.

Tyrone Tracy Jr. NFL Draft profile

Height: 5-11

Weight: 201 pounds

Strengths: Versatility with plenty of experience at running back and wide receiver; loose hips and wide base allow sharp cuts and change of direction.

Weaknesses: Doesn't have home run speed; still learning to run with discipline to the play design.

From NFL.com's Lance Zierlein: Tracy was a full-time running back for only one year but had exciting flashes all over his tape. He’s a bendy, rhythmic runner who sees and traverses the interior run lanes like he built the maze. He creates additional yardage with a blend of elusiveness, power and a willful desire to maximize each run, but he will need to curb his eagerness to bounce runs wide when it’s time to finish and move to the next snap. While he’s still honing his skills as a runner, his ability to handle gadget runs and threaten linebackers out of the backfield could get him on the field early on. Tracy will be an older rookie, but his versatility and burgeoning talent as a complementary runner should open evaluators’ eyes to what he could become as a pro.

From NFL Draft Diamonds: He shows good vision as he finds the open hole on zone runs and exhibits solid patience as he waits for the block to be set up on power runs. On inside runs, he exhibits average burst through the hole and does a solid job of finishing the run by falling forward for extra yardage. ... As a receiver in the passing game, he runs mainly swing routes with an occasional seam route. He tracks the ball well in the air and adjusts his body to the underthrown pass. He shows solid hands as he makes the catch with his hands close to his body. He exhibits above-average competitive toughness both physically while in pass pro and mentally as he doesn’t shy away from contact and is reliable on the goal line.

Tyrone Tracy Jr. stats

Tracy was a wide receiver at Iowa and primarily a running back at Purdue. He also returned kickoffs for the Boilermakers in 2023 (16 returns, 25.5-yard average, 1 touchdown).

Year School Rush yds. Rec. yds. TDs
2018 Iowa -1 22 0
2019 Iowa 39 589 4
2020 Iowa 22 154 1
2021 Iowa 33 106 2
2022 Purdue 138 198 0
2023 Purdue 716 132 9

Tyrone Tracy Jr. highlights

hqdefault.jpg

he caught my eye durung the Duce Staley drill. he is a hard worker and i hear he interviewed well, But he ends up in pittsburgh LOL hope not

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

As I was figuring out my mock draft, I originally had Braden Fiske, DT from Florida State on it. 

Just saw a video from the Combine of the 300lber running his 40 in 4.78 seconds. 

That's the problem facing these GM's in this draft. The Athletic freak list is off the charts w/this draft class.. BUT What ________  does lining up vs. NFL prepared players is a much harder evaluation.

Braden Fiske's high motor skills gives me scary flashbacks of Taven Bryan getting drafted to high by the Jags. Built a good 3 year stat line playing in the MAC at W.Mich. Stats were cut in half after transferring to ACC at FSU in final college season. Fiske still finished w/6 sacks in the ACC, and I like his counter moves better than T. Bryan

ACC viewings...The U.. DT Leonard Taylor lll 👀 He can be plain nasty in 2 plays & just plain lazy the next 2.. Many boards have LT in our drafting range in 2nd or 3rd round. Sporting News has LT ranked in Top 40.

Check out Taylor's injury history...   THE BAD-- 2023 surgery to repair glenoid labrum (ya don't say?)

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-miami-fl-dl-leonard-taylor-iii/

Does Berry chase a rookie DT in 2nd or 3rd?  stay tuned