THE BROWNS BOARD

57,000 reasons why. and counting.

38 minutes ago, Neo said:

Look, my original response was on point and on topic and just want to hear it from him why we need AR-15's. It's his thread, he's the one saying it.

And my response is basically saying, we buy AR-15's for the same reason everybody else buys them, because we WANT them, and because they look badass, are highly customizable. But when someone tells me I NEED one, I want to know why. I know why people NEED guns in general. Tell me why you think I need that specific gun, that's all. I, and millions of other Americans, have gotten along just fine with protecting our families and properties with just handguns and shotguns, and bolt action rifles for hundreds of years.

I suppose the idea is to go toe to toe with the govt if it comes to that. They have AR 15s, we should have AR 15s They have tanks. We should have tanks. They have bazookas…

Bazookas!

9 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I suppose the idea is to go toe to toe with the govt if it comes to that. They have AR 15s, we should have AR 15s They have tanks. We should have tanks. They have bazookas…

Bazookas!

Yeah, but my apartment doesn't have parking accommodations for a stealth fighter😀 

I kinda like the idea of anti-aircraft missiles on my roof. Like some people have solar panels, except l’ll have a rack of anti-aircraft missiles. 

It would totally be for show, just to look cool. Maybe swivel them around at a neighbors house if they piss me off. Maybe l could scare them into mowing my lawn for a few years.

But l’d honestly rather have solar panels. But to your point, yeah, missiles would be way cooler. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Look, my original response was on point and on topic and just want to hear it from him why we need AR-15's. It's his thread, he's the one saying it.

And my response is basically saying, we buy AR-15's for the same reason everybody else buys them, because we WANT them, and because they look badass, are highly customizable. But when someone tells me I NEED one, I want to know why. I know why people NEED guns in general. Tell me why you think I need that specific gun, that's all. I, and millions of other Americans, have gotten along just fine with protecting our families and properties with just handguns and shotguns, and bolt action rifles for hundreds of years.

Feral hogs

55 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Bazookas!

That was exactly the idea when they wrote the amendment.

But that was a long time ago, before we sold our Birthright for a saucer of cold porridge.

WSS

43 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

But that was a long time ago, before we sold our Birthright for a saucer of cold porridge.

WSS

Yes! I get the other side of the argument too. Who could have forecasted the existence of stealth bombers and nukes in 1776?

You know how people will hang a horse shoe or a photo of the Dave Clark Five over their doors to ward off evil spirits? That’s kinda like what the second amendment is for America.

I kinda like the perception that we’re a nation full of gun freaks not to be messed with. And l appreciate you gun freaks for picking up my slack. I’ll support you as best l can with my machete and Dave Clark Five photo. 

IMG_0157.jpeg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chinese-migrants-fastest-growing-group-us-mexico-border-60-minutes-transcript/

terror cells? a guerilla warfare army? The Founding Fathers knew war - and were adamant that one never happens on our shores again.

Because

as to the ignorant quips about a few Americans fighting our military?
so stupid. Our military is mostly us Americans. So it's really stupid.

But  a percentage of our military who would fire upon Americans?

There were 1.3 million active duty military members in the US in 2021, an increase of 0.15% or 2,026 members from 2020. ... Our nation, in numbers. USAFacts is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan civic initiative making government data easy for all Americans to access and understand.
   So, in a future scenario where the military (UN?) would fight us American folks.... 1.3 million active duty military, a small part of that would be infantry,
and there are about 320 million Americans - you would be making a civil war silly movie with about "150 million" Americans with guns, vs a smaller percentage of 1.3 million.....

Please, that whole argument is stupid. Unless someday it started to happen somewhere in a lefty state.
   It will NOT, not ever, because we are armed.
If Pres Trump had been pres, we would have armed the Ukraine and russia would not have invaded.
But no, "tit for tat" led to the invasion, the rapes, murders, kidnappings and more and more counter aid when it could have been prevented.
    Just cowardice and bad politics.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's funny you still think this "car comparison" thing is working in your favor. 

You really aren't that bright 

Why deflect? You care about deaths, but you don't want to fix anything else that causes deaths.

Fake rage, you don't have to pretend you're not a joke.

I don't need any comparison because I have a right and your little opinion can't deny it. All you can do is cry and pretend to be upset. 🤣

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Neo said:

So you really don't have a reason you "need" an AR-15. Someone takes a shot at you in the mall, you going to pull your AR-15 out of your fanny pack or your waist belt? What about the grocery store, do you carry your AR-15 there? Or in the post office? What about when you walk in the neighborhood or on the bike trail, do you carry your AR there?

What about home defense, what makes an AR a better option then say a Mossberg 500 pump action 12 gauge or a SIG 226 9mm handgun with a 20 round capacity magazine? I protect myself with a 5 shot .357 snub nose revolver and one extra speed loader, plenty for self defense.

You have an AR for the same reason everyone else has one, because you WANT one. You like the weapon system, so you went out and bought one. THere's no practical reason to need one other than just to have it.

You're too much of a dumbass to be telling anyone how to defend themselves in public or in home.

A fun thing about the AR is building your own. However, just because we own ARS doesn't mean we don't own more than that. So we take our 9 to the mall, the 22 jogging, the 44 magnum camping and any one of those plus others I deem necessary while at home.

I'm partly interested in these right now, or something similar. https://zenithfirearms.com/product/zf-5/

• Thanks 1

When I said people buy the AR because it looks cool, and customizable, but because when the shit hits the fan, they want firepower. Why do you think the AR platform is popular amongst US Citizens, law enforcement, and mass shooters alike?

Saying  "50,000 reasons and counting why you need an AR-15" is an acknowledgement that the AR platform is a powerful and dangerous weapon system capable of mass casualties. But when you call the AR an assault rifle, you get the what about the assault forks, and assault screwdrivers, and blah blah, but you ALSO NEED one in case you need to fight off the government. But you can't just admit it outright, that AR's are a dangerous weapon. 

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

If you want to use the second amendment card, then why not stand behind it? What's with the assault forks , assault knives, pencils nonsense? Why not just lead with that? "Yeah, we know AR's are dangerous, but so what. The second amendment allows us to have them"  How are you going to solve a problem when half the population thinks AR's are no more dangerous than a hammer?

1 hour ago, Jax said:

How did the sheep herders in Afghanistan do with worn out AK-47s?

And truck mounted technicals, and RPG's, and IED's, and mortars, and alot more. But yeah, they also use AK's.

1 hour ago, Jax said:

You're too much of a dumbass

This is coming from the fuckface that joins a Browns Board and heads straight to this place and spends most of his/her time here bitching and whining. Are you even a Browns fan, Jaxoff? 

ARs are a dangerous weapon, if used as such. Much like a car can be a weapon system capable of mass casualty.

The 2nd amendment is all we need but the lefties are the ones that can't leave well enough alone. You really believe everyone thinks hammers are as dangerous as ARs?? Are you lefties that insecure that we can't be sarcastic and point out how dumb you always sound?

I'm sure a few of those RPGs and such can be appropriated along the way. Point is, we had air superiority and they still drove us off. The president of the United States shouldn't be threatening it's citizens with F 16s.

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

This is coming from the fuckface that joins a Browns Board and heads straight to this place and spends most of his/her time here bitching and whining. Are you even a Browns fan, Jaxoff?

Aww dumbass is insecure.

15 minutes ago, Jax said:

You really believe everyone thinks hammers are as dangerous as ARs?

I've seen that floated around here many times, DICKFACE. But of course you would know. Don't you have something better to do like saying some dumb shit about sheep herders using AK's or something? Or maybe they also use grains of fucking assault sand. Maybe Myles Garrett uses an "assault helmet"

image.png.586479ddbeef6b914ba81cded5ac0887.png

4 hours ago, Neo said:

When I said people buy the AR because it looks cool, and customizable, but because when the shit hits the fan, they want firepower. Why do you think the AR platform is popular amongst US Citizens, law enforcement, and mass shooters alike?

Saying  "50,000 reasons and counting why you need an AR-15" is an acknowledgement that the AR platform is a powerful and dangerous weapon system capable of mass casualties. But when you call the AR an assault rifle, you get the what about the assault forks, and assault screwdrivers, and blah blah, but you ALSO NEED one in case you need to fight off the government. But you can't just admit it outright, that AR's are a dangerous weapon. 

If you want to use the second amendment card, then why not stand behind it? What's with the assault forks , assault knives, pencils nonsense? Why not just lead with that? "Yeah, we know AR's are dangerous, but so what. The second amendment allows us to have them"  How are you going to solve a problem when half the population thinks AR's are no more dangerous than a hammer?

And truck mounted technicals, and RPG's, and IED's, and mortars, and alot more. But yeah, they also use AK's.

Well we've pissed that Amendment away many years ago so there's that. But yes to stay true to it the citizens should be allowed to have equal Firepower to whoever the out of control government forces are. And those days it was cannons and muskets. Today it would be automatic weapons etc. But like I said fortunately or unfortunately according to your point of view that Amendment means nothing today. Is there any misunderstanding?

WSS

8 hours ago, Neo said:

Yeah, but my apartment doesn't have parking accommodations for a stealth fighter😀 

Just get a life size cut out of her...image.png.b3d3f8ac1e6b8eda6c229fd70e43b9aa.png

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Hilarious to think a couple Jims and Joes with AR15s could stop the government 

And yet dems think Jan 6 people tried to overthrow the government with no WEAPONS at all...things that make you go hmmm!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jax said:

Why deflect? You care about deaths, but you don't want to fix anything else that causes deaths.

Fake rage, you don't have to pretend you're not a joke.

I don't need any comparison because I have a right and your little opinion can't deny it. All you can do is cry and pretend to be upset. 🤣

Man you really aren't following, are you?

I'll try one more time, but I know I'm the fool for arguing with a donkey. 

Cars have a huge amount of benefit to our society. Tons of utility. A massive impact to our economy. Etc. The utility of cars far outweighs the negatives. 

Guns exist to kill/injure. That's it. They're a weapon. 

Even still, we have seatbelt laws, texting while driving laws, drunk driving laws, we require insurance, we require licensing and registration. Etc etc etc. 

I would LOVE if we treated guns like we do cars. It would be a hell of a first step to us not absolutely failing at gun violence compared to every other developed nation. 

So your comparison doesn't work. Not only do guns and cars serve vastly different purposes but cars are much more regulated. (Like, oh idk, a "well regulated militia"). 

11 hours ago, Neo said:

You answered your own question clown.

You're just being a dick. 

The NEED is to have something that is cool

There isn't a single item you own that you don't need but it's nice to have simply because you like it?

Ask Nick why he NEEDS so many guitars.

Why do you NEED to post such stupid shit?

28 minutes ago, FY56 said:

You answered your own question clown.

You're just being a dick. 

The NEED is to have something that is cool

There isn't a single item you own that you don't need but it's nice to have simply because you like it?

Ask Nick why he NEEDS so many guitars.

Why do you NEED to post such stupid shit?

You should probably look at the first post in this thread

52 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Man you really aren't following, are you?

I'll try one more time, but I know I'm the fool for arguing with a donkey. 

Cars have a huge amount of benefit to our society. Tons of utility. A massive impact to our economy. Etc. The utility of cars far outweighs the negatives. 

Guns exist to kill/injure. That's it. They're a weapon. 

Even still, we have seatbelt laws, texting while driving laws, drunk driving laws, we require insurance, we require licensing and registration. Etc etc etc. 

I would LOVE if we treated guns like we do cars. It would be a hell of a first step to us not absolutely failing at gun violence compared to every other developed nation. 

So your comparison doesn't work. Not only do guns and cars serve vastly different purposes but cars are much more regulated. (Like, oh idk, a "well regulated militia"). 

I never bought into the guns/cars "they both kill people" analogy. The flaw was glaring to me the first time I heard it.

So what I would like to know from you is how training, licensing, registration, etc.,as is done with cars will prevent murder by gun.

I have this feeling that I asked this once already.

3 minutes ago, FY56 said:

I never bought into the guns/cars "they both kill people" analogy. The flaw was glaring to me the first time I heard it.

So what I would like to know from you is how training, licensing, registration, etc.,as is done with cars will prevent murder by gun.

I have this feeling that I asked this once already.

It won't "prevent" anything. It doesn't prevent vehicular deaths either. But it sure as hell would help reduce gun violence, just like these actions reduce vehicular deaths. 

But the pro gun side will say exactly what you're saying, as if any action that doesn't completely eliminate gun violence isn't worth doing. We're so fucked overall that we need to just start taking steps in the right direction, but we've only gone back. (Paranoid posters feeling the need to have a gun on them at all times, etc.). 

Hey, at least you can see how asinine the cars and guns comparison is. That puts you a step about our delusional gun nuts on this board. Crazy to think some talking head (probably) came up with that comparison years ago and they all thought it was the most bullet proof (pun intended) logic ever...