THE BROWNS BOARD

57,000 reasons why. and counting.

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It won't "prevent" anything. It doesn't prevent vehicular deaths either. But it sure as hell would help reduce gun violence, just like these actions reduce vehicular deaths. 

But the pro gun side will say exactly what you're saying, as if any action that doesn't completely eliminate gun violence isn't worth doing. We're so fucked overall that we need to just start taking steps in the right direction, but we've only gone back. (Paranoid posters feeling the need to have a gun on them at all times, etc.). 

Hey, at least you can see how asinine the cars and guns comparison is. That puts you a step about our delusional gun nuts on this board. Crazy to think some talking head (probably) came up with that comparison years ago and they all thought it was the most bullet proof (pun intended) logic ever...

Considering there’s many more deaths attributed to vehicles, I would say there is a comparison.

You can start with OVI deaths, I mean after all that’s illegal. 🤔

42 minutes ago, FY56 said:

You answered your own question clown.

You're just being a dick. 

The NEED is to have something that is cool

There isn't a single item you own that you don't need but it's nice to have simply because you like it?

Ask Nick why he NEEDS so many guitars.

Why do you NEED to post such stupid shit?

Not to derail or digress... I hate to use the word 'need' as it applies to guitars. But I like different tonalities.. Guitars are like people.. each one has it's own distinct voicing.. Different pickup configurations.. Different woods.. Different dimensions.. And the method behind the madness was to be comfortable playing any instrument that I picked up and have the versatility to move in and out of different styles of music.. I never liked the idea of just being a metal guy or a blues guy.. Being well rounded and having the ability to step into every genre of music was important to me. I have always been a tone chaser... The sound is critical to me. I'm drawn to big sounds.. I am as much influenced by classical and Jazz as I am Rock,Pop,Funk or classic metal. Buut I'm also a multi-nistrumtalist.. I play drums, Bass and keyboards as well.. I love the whole sonic pallet .

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You should probably look at the first post in this thread

Yes, and ?

So rather than 57000 reasons to own a AK, make that 57001....just because you'd like to have one.

Maybe you should look more closely at Neo's question. It didn't directly address the topic, his was an offshoot question.

13 minutes ago, nickers said:

Not to derail or digress... I hate to use the word 'need' as it applies to guitars. But I like different tonalities.. Guitars are like people.. each one has it's own distinct voicing.. Different pickup configurations.. Different woods.. Different dimensions.. And the method behind the madness was to be comfortable playing any instrument that I picked up and have the versatility to move in and out of different styles of music.. I never liked the idea of just being a metal guy or a blues guy.. Being well rounded and having the ability to step into every genre of music was important to me. I have always been a tone chaser... The sound is critical to me. I'm drawn to big sounds.. I am as much influenced by classical and Jazz as I am Rock,Pop,Funk or classic metal. Buut I'm also a multi-nistrumtalist.. I play drums, Bass and keyboards as well.. I love the whole sonic pallet .

I mentioned you because I just happen to know a guitarist who just loves to collect guitars. Travels around and spends $$$$. Last I heard he went down to Tennessee. Most likely those guitars will never see a gig, he just loves owning them.

25 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Considering there’s many more deaths attributed to vehicles, I would say there is a comparison.

You can start with OVI deaths, I mean after all that’s illegal. 🤔

You can compare any two things and try to make a point if you're dumb enough. Looks like you're trying to step up to the plate...

You're also making my point. "This rule doesn't prevent a bad thing completely, so what's the point of even having it!" Genius take that I'm sure you wouldn't want applied in other areas...

This isn't about the elimination of something bad. It's about the reduction. Over the decades there's been a steady drop in drunk driving injuries and fatalities for a reason. 

16 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Yes, and ?

So rather than 57000 reasons to own a AK, make that 57001....just because you'd like to have one.

Maybe you should look more closely at Neo's question. It didn't directly address the topic, his was an offshoot question.

Key word in the OP being "need". 

But I'll let you take it from here. Or maybe NEO will respond 

18 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You can compare any two things and try to make a point if you're dumb enough. Looks like you're trying to step up to the plate...

A human’s death is a death regardless…#amiright?

You're also making my point. "This rule doesn't prevent a bad thing completely, so what's the point of even having it!" Genius take that I'm sure you wouldn't want applied in other areas...

But your take is regulation, is it not? If that’s the case vehicles and drivers are well regulated.

This isn't about the elimination of something bad. It's about the reduction. Over the decades there's been a steady drop in drunk driving injuries and fatalities for a reason. 
I would attribute the reduction in fatalities to the safety improvements of vehicles over the years. Also, if a drunk driver is killed in an accident, do we blame the vehicle?

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Man you really aren't following, are you?

I'll try one more time, but I know I'm the fool for arguing with a donkey. 

Cars have a huge amount of benefit to our society. Tons of utility. A massive impact to our economy. Etc. The utility of cars far outweighs the negatives. 

Guns exist to kill/injure. That's it. They're a weapon. 

Even still, we have seatbelt laws, texting while driving laws, drunk driving laws, we require insurance, we require licensing and registration. Etc etc etc. 

I would LOVE if we treated guns like we do cars. It would be a hell of a first step to us not absolutely failing at gun violence compared to every other developed nation. 

So your comparison doesn't work. Not only do guns and cars serve vastly different purposes but cars are much more regulated. (Like, oh idk, a "well regulated militia"). 

I can't stop laughing, you really are stupid!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Same with guns, good point.

Some have different calibers for different uses. Some weigh more or less, some are for hunting, sport shooting, competition, defense. Some people enjoy shooting so much, they buy the permit to allow owning full auto. As I said already, I have different ones depending where I'm going.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It won't "prevent" anything. It doesn't prevent vehicular deaths either. But it sure as hell would help reduce gun violence, just like these actions reduce vehicular deaths. 

But the pro gun side will say exactly what you're saying, as if any action that doesn't completely eliminate gun violence isn't worth doing. We're so fucked overall that we need to just start taking steps in the right direction, but we've only gone back. (Paranoid posters feeling the need to have a gun on them at all times, etc.). 

Hey, at least you can see how asinine the cars and guns comparison is. That puts you a step about our delusional gun nuts on this board. Crazy to think some talking head (probably) came up with that comparison years ago and they all thought it was the most bullet proof (pun intended) logic ever...

Except in this case, it seems every time the subject of gun control comes up, whether here or among our politicians, it is subsequent to a school shooting or some other mass killing. Then follows the talk of registering, training and all that.

In one of your other posts, you specifically attributed "killings" as the reason for the above-mentioned laws. Gun violence encompasses other gun crimes and is generally reflected apart from killings alone in statistics.

I have no problem with registering, licensing, training if it were beneficial in curbing gun violence.

The freedom still exists.

Of course I'm not a gun owner and would have to hear the opinions of our law-abiding gun owning folks.

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

I mentioned you because I just happen to know a guitarist who just loves to collect guitars. Travels around and spends $$$$. Last I heard he went down to Tennessee. Most likely those guitars will never see a gig, he just loves owning them.

Yeah.. I can't see owning instruments that will never get played.. Actor Richard Gere does the same thing.. He collects them but he can't play them.. I've never understood this,,,

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You're pulling it out of context, which is ok because you'd be wrong in any stretch of the imagination.

The comparison holds because you care about deaths. You're the dumbass trying to make exact comparisons about registration and crap. So tell me, why do you want to ban guns? If not ban then what exactly do you want?

You mentioned firearms being the leading cause of death in children and I already shot that down because it's not merely little children. That number matters, because now we can move on to other more leading causes of death in children.

https://usafacts.org/data-projects/child-death

...the growing childhood death rates between 2019 and 2021 were primarily due to firearm injuries, drug overdoses, and car accidents.

-If we could pull out gang shootings, I'm sure drugs and cars surpass firearm deaths.

Injuries from firearms are the leading cause of death for children and teens

In 2020, firearms surpassed car accidents as the leading cause of death for children and teens. Deaths due to firearm-related injuries — including death by homicide, suicide, or accident — were around 20% of all child and teen deaths in 2020 and 2021, the largest proportion in at least four decades.

Firearm injuries have been the top cause of death for Black kids and teens for over 20 years

For white, Hispanic, American Indian and Alaska Native children, car accidents remain the leading cause of death. Cancer has been the leading cause of death in Asian or Pacific Islander children since 2010.

-So by the stats you can surmise culture may play a bigger role in childhood deaths than does firearms. Here, when you leave out blacks car deaths do surpass firearms as the leading cause of death. Now yes, all deaths matter but if you want to actually solve the death rates you have to look at what's actually causing it. Which will lead me back to my main point from a different post. People.

Say it with me, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

So again, by your logic, are you ready to protest and ban cars since it's the leading cause of death in children other than blacks? Or can you shut up about banning guns because you're full of shit and don't have an actual argument other than your feelings?

I don't have time to waste, but we could start throwing in numbers for the times armed citizens saved themselves or others by being armed. The number would be huge because you don't see all the times a homeowner just shows a gun and the criminals run.

So again, why do you want to ban guns? If not ban then what do you suggest?

13 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Except in this case, it seems every time the subject of gun control comes up, whether here or among our politicians, it is subsequent to a school shooting or some other mass killing. Then follows the talk of registering, training and all that.

In one of your other posts, you specifically attributed "killings" as the reason for the above-mentioned laws. Gun violence encompasses other gun crimes and is generally reflected apart from killings alone in statistics.

I have no problem with registering, licensing, training if it were beneficial in curbing gun violence.

Of course I'm not a gun owner and would have to hear the opinions of our law-abiding gun owning folks.

Here's the problem. What exactly would gun training do? Make the criminal better at hitting his targets?

The criminal is already bent on killing, the only people registration and licensing affect are people that abide by the law.

Registration gives gov't a list they can come confiscate at any point they wish. Registration stops nothing, it literally does nothing to stop any amount of violence, so it's infringement on my rights.

Let's not forget some important words here, shall not infringe. You don't punish the good guys cause your social issues are causing violence.

There are already a lot of laws on the books as is, criminals don't care.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

If you need an AR-15 chambered in 5.56 NATO or .223 and a 30+ round capacity magazine to defend your home then you have an even bigger problem. I know the AR platform can be chambered in a number of different calibers but .223 and 5.56 seem to be the most available calibers in my local sports shops and gun stores. It's more than likely the most readily available caliber across the country. If you can actually hit the broad side of a barn, anyone can stop a crackhead breaking into your house at 3am with a simple pistol or 12 gauge shotgun. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

But I'll let you take it from here. Or maybe NEO will respond 

Nah, I think I'm going to leave well enough alone. I think I better leave before one of the resident MAGA geniuses reminds me that "AR" doesn't stand for "assault rifle" 

While we were talking about needs.. Here's part of my knife collection.. the one on top is my Bushcraft Survival knife I got this past January from Holtzman Gorilla Survival Knife co. It comes with a positive locking Kydex sheath and a Ferro Rod fire starter and scraper.. The Extremus is my companion knife for processing Fatwood. It's not full tang like the Holtzman but very servicable. It's pretty close to what a Mora companion knife is.. The Holtzman is D2 stainless steel at 58-60 Rockwell. The Stanley 10-049 on the bottom has become an all around favorite utility knife... I use it in conjunction with my 1/4 x 6" Ferro Cerrium Rod for fire starting.. I just put a burr on the spine so I can produce sparks on the Ferro rod.. Not pictured is My Case Sod Buster Jr. that I use for slicing Apples while on the trail.. Another favorite of mine...

Nick's Knives.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

If you need an AR-15 chambered in 5.56 NATO or .223 and a 30+ round capacity magazine to defend your home then you have an even bigger problem. I know the AR platform can be chambered in a number of different calibers but .223 and 5.56 seem to be the most available calibers in my local sports shops and gun stores. It's more than likely the most readily available caliber across the country. If you can actually hit the broad side of a barn, anyone can stop a crackhead breaking into your house at 3am with a simple pistol or 12 gauge shotgun. 

Nah, I think I'm going to leave well enough alone. I think I better leave before one of the resident MAGA geniuses reminds me that "AR" doesn't stand for "assault rifle" 

There's more semi auto guns with even more damaging rounds. I have a couple of those as well.

Home protection is not the only reason people own ARs, but thanks for decreeing what the rest of us peasants should be allowed to own.

9 minutes ago, nickers said:

While we were talking about needs.. Here's part of my knife collection.. the one on top is my Bushcraft Survival knife I got this past January from Holtzman Gorilla Survival Knife co. It comes with a positive locking Kydex sheath and a Ferro Rod fire starter and scraper.. The Extremist is my companion knife for processing Fatwood. It's not full tang like the Holtzman but very servicable. It's pretty close to what a Mora companion knife is.. The Holtzman is D2 stainless steel at 58-60 Rockwell. The Stanley 10-049 on the bottom has become an all around favorite.. I use it in conjunction with my 1/4 x 6" Ferro Cerium Rod for fire starting.. I just put a burr on the spine so I can produce sparks on the Ferro rod.. Not pictured is My Case Sod Buster Jr. that I use for slicing Apples while on the trail.. Another favorite of mine...

Nick's Knives.jpg

Sweet collection. I have a Gerber fast back I always carry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

We have posters on here that take a gun everywhere they go. They're so brain broken and consumed by fear that they need to ability to instantly end a life (or multiple) on them at all times. Mall. Jogging. Grocery store. Whatever. 

This group will view anything short of "I can guy a gun whenever I want, keep it however I want, and take it wherever I want" as infringement on their "God given" rights. Listen to any of the NRA nonsense. 

What you or I would consider common sense gun reform others on this board would scream "communism!" at until they're blue in the face, leading to them during their gun at an imaginary "migrant" due to hallucinations from the lack of oxygen. 

The majority of younger folks want stricter gun laws. Maybe this is just another thing the rest of us wait out the boomers on and hope things aren't fucked beyond repair at the end. Hell, the majority of Americans want stricter gun laws... but lobbying is strong. Certainly not the only issue where politicians move again what a majority want. 

22 minutes ago, Jax said:

Sweet collection. I have a Gerber fast back I always carry.

And then here's my sod buster Jr. I inherited from my late stepfather.. And a cheap Santoku knife I got soley for food prep..

Case Sod Buster Jr. And Santoku.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

We have posters on here that take a gun everywhere they go. They're so brain broken and consumed by fear that they need to ability to instantly end a life (or multiple) on them at all times. Mall. Jogging. Grocery store. Whatever. 

This group will view anything short of "I can guy a gun whenever I want, keep it however I want, and take it wherever I want" as infringement on their "God given" rights. Listen to any of the NRA nonsense. 

What you or I would consider common sense gun reform others on this board would scream "communism!" at until they're blue in the face, leading to them during their gun at an imaginary "migrant" due to hallucinations from the lack of oxygen. 

The majority of younger folks want stricter gun laws. Maybe this is just another thing the rest of us wait out the boomers on and hope things aren't fucked beyond repair at the end. Hell, the majority of Americans want stricter gun laws... but lobbying is strong. Certainly not the only issue where politicians move again what a majority want. 

I have a concealed carry and usually carry a 9mm.  If you ever need help give me a call.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

You are just as delusional as you are stupid.

Typical make up shit as you go along.

It doesn't matter what the majority of younger folks want, not that you'd know anyways lol, it's our right in the constitution. I told you to go get educated on what that means.

It's not lobbying either, it's more of a fact the majority of Americans want to keep their freedoms and their rights.

You wouldn't know common sense until you start putting your money where your mouth is. Start driving an EV yet? How about any major donations to cancer research since you care about deaths? Have you stopped eating any beef products? Have you installed solar panels on your house? What have you done? Just whine about other people do?

You've brought up a bunch of made up garbage opinions but no real answers to anything. Politicians can't do shit, this country isn't a majority rule, it's a republic. We follow the constitution, that little thing you like to gloss over but have no idea what it really means. Our constitution protects our rights from the government. Your dumbass wants to give them more power over our God given rights.

• Like 1

Just now, Jax said:

You are just as delusional as you are stupid.

Typical make up shit as you go along.

It doesn't matter what the majority of younger folks want, not that you'd know anyways lol, it's our right in the constitution. I told you to go get educated on what that means.

It's not lobbying either, it's more of a fact the majority of Americans want to keep their freedoms and their rights.

You wouldn't know common sense until you start putting your money where your mouth is. Start driving an EV yet? How about any major donations to cancer research since you care about deaths? Have you stopped eating any beef products? Have you installed solar panels on your house? What have you done? Just whine about other people do?

You've brought up a bunch of made up garbage opinions but no real answers to anything. Politicians can't do shit, this country isn't a majority rule, it's a republic. We follow the constitution, that little thing you like to gloss over but have no idea what it really means. Our constitution protects our rights from the government. Your dumbass wants to give them more power over our God given rights.

I guess we should change the constitution everytime we do a poll of young people, LMAO!

• Haha 1

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

I guess we should change the constitution everytime we do a poll of young people, LMAO!

Hahahaha!!... My God kids are dumb!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jax said:

Registration gives gov't a list they can come confiscate at any point they wish. Registration stops nothing, it literally does nothing to stop any amount of violence, so it's infringement on my rights.

Oh for fuck's sake, do we have to go over this again and again? The second amendment language is VAGUE and open to interpretation. 

U.S. Constitution - Second Amendment | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Second Amendment

Second Amendment Explained

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Untitled.jpg.40730e7803867bf9cb81a814877245a0.jpg

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" 

And what shall not be infringed? "The right of the people to keep and bear arms"

If you actually go by the definition of the words used, does an assault weapons ban infringe your rights? Technically, No. 

Does an assault weapons ban prevent you from "keeping and bearing arms" , NO. Since you can still go out and buy and keep any firearm not listed in the ban.

Even though California had a assault weapons ban, they were still allowed to buy firearms.

"Private sales of firearms must be done through a licensed dealer. All firearm sales are recorded by the state, and have a ten-day waiting period. Unlike most other states, California has no provision in its state constitution that explicitly guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.[7] The California Supreme Court has maintained that most of California's restrictive gun laws are constitutional, because the state's constitution does not explicitly guarantee private citizens the right to purchase, possess, or carry firearms. However, U.S. Supreme Court decisions of Heller (2008) and McDonald (2010) established that the Second Amendment applies to all states within the Union, and many of California's gun laws are now being challenged in the federal courts."

Again, if actually go by the definition of the words used, then an infringement of your rights would be if California said that you are not allowed to carry any guns whatsoever Monday through Friday, only on the weekends. I carry my gun almost everywhere, including stores. In fact, I would even go as far as saying that signs posted on stores telling you that you're not allowed to carry on their property are more of an infringement of your rights than the California assault weapons ban is. But I get it though, why business owners wouldn't want you carrying in their store.

56 minutes ago, Jax said:

There's more semi auto guns with even more damaging rounds. I have a couple of those as well.

Home protection is not the only reason people own ARs, but thanks for decreeing what the rest of us peasants should be allowed to own.

But AR's are cheap and easy to get, and so are the mags. Somebody I know once bought a 44 magnum model 29 for around 600-700 dollars brand new. I also see bargain bin AR's going for around the same price. Which one do you think a mass shooter is going to pick?

3 hours ago, Neo said:

If someone wants an AR-15 chambered in 5.56 NATO and a 30+ round capacity magazine to defend their home, then it's really none of your business.

If someone wants that same gun just because it's cool to have, that's also none of your business.

If you don't have one because you think you'll never need one is your business.

8 minutes ago, FY56 said:

If someone wants an AR-15 chambered in 5.56 NATO and a 30+ round capacity magazine to defend their home, then it's really none of your business.

If someone wants that same gun just because it's cool to have, that's also none of your business.

If you don't have one because you think you'll never need one is your business.

I was all against Guns until I was in a situation where I was held at gun point and the gun was fired as a warning shot.. But somehow I remained calm and got home alive... I will never question a responsible persons necessity to own a fire arm for the sake of protecting what is theirs.. If I could afford one... I would get one myself as much as I despise them... But I truly understand the world and times we live in... These dumfucks think an AR-15 is bad.. Well what happens when facist groups like BLM and Antifa carry M16's and AK47's.. Do they really expect people to defend themselves with pea shooters?/... Look what happened at Blieburgh when they laid their rifles down and got mercilously massacred by Commies..... Fuck that shit!

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Oh for fuck's sake, do we have to go over this again and again? The second amendment language is VAGUE and open to interpretation. 

U.S. Constitution - Second Amendment | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Second Amendment

Second Amendment Explained

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Untitled.jpg.40730e7803867bf9cb81a814877245a0.jpg

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" 

And what shall not be infringed? "The right of the people to keep and bear arms"

If you actually go by the definition of the words used, does an assault weapons ban infringe your rights? Technically, No. 

Does an assault weapons ban prevent you from "keeping and bearing arms" , NO. Since you can still go out and buy and keep any firearm not listed in the ban.

Even though California had a assault weapons ban, they were still allowed to buy firearms.

"Private sales of firearms must be done through a licensed dealer. All firearm sales are recorded by the state, and have a ten-day waiting period. Unlike most other states, California has no provision in its state constitution that explicitly guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.[7] The California Supreme Court has maintained that most of California's restrictive gun laws are constitutional, because the state's constitution does not explicitly guarantee private citizens the right to purchase, possess, or carry firearms. However, U.S. Supreme Court decisions of Heller (2008) and McDonald (2010) established that the Second Amendment applies to all states within the Union, and many of California's gun laws are now being challenged in the federal courts."

Again, if actually go by the definition of the words used, then an infringement of your rights would be if California said that you are not allowed to carry any guns whatsoever Monday through Friday, only on the weekends. I carry my gun almost everywhere, including stores. In fact, I would even go as far as saying that signs posted on stores telling you that you're not allowed to carry on their property are more of an infringement of your rights than the California assault weapons ban is. But I get it though, why business owners wouldn't want you carrying in their store.

You're kidding.

Using your logic citizens could be left with only being allowed .22 pistols and BB Guns and you would considerer that a non-infringement of their right to bear arms.

4 minutes ago, FY56 said:

You're kidding.

Using your logic citizens could be left with only being allowed .22 pistols and BB Guns and you would considerer that a non-infringement of their right to bear arms.

He's fucking delusional...It must be that time of month for her.. She's on the rag...

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

It's not? Would you want to live in a densely populated area like an apartment complex if your idiotic neighbor's first choice for defense was a semi-automatic rifle chambered in those rounds? He would kill the intruder and his neighbors too. I guess if you live on a farm and own a lot of land and the nearest neighbors house is a mile away, then I guess an AR would make sense. 

I guess it depends on the situation and making a sensible choice on a firearm. Not that "sensible" would be something in your vocabulary.