THE BROWNS BOARD

Jameis Winston is a Brown

19 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Well, I guess the stupid haslams figure that Winston should take some heat off watson.

Watch for both of them to get injured next season, and we can watch DTR take them to the playoffs.

and watch for the Bucs to upgrade their wr group, too.

btw....

baker he is gonzo. I mean i  wish him well. but oh well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, syd said:

baker he is gonzo. I mean i  wish him well. but oh well.

yep.

I love the new wr signing. I can't wait for DTR to take the Browns to the playoffs !

With TWO explosive deep threats - EXCELLENT (when DTR takes over)

429829023_796959575817275_4782482342347980819_n.thumb.jpg.e2706f458cda5fb948d0a92436f9ba44.jpg

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

yep.

I love the new wr signing. I can't wait for DTR to take the Browns to the playoffs !

429829023_796959575817275_4782482342347980819_n.thumb.jpg.e2706f458cda5fb948d0a92436f9ba44.jpg

Too bad your obvious disdain for a QBs' sexual problems don't seem to extend to your politician.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Too bad your obvious disdain for a QBs' sexual problems don't seem to extend to your politician.

now thats some funny shit. damn cal your not gonna take that  are you ?

The rant in my delivery truck, was as epic as most post above. :)

last night, The Cap Poor Fin's remove DT C.Wilkins/ replaced w MLB /Anthony Walker w/ now a target on his chest for a number 🎯 with no DT protection

around 2 PM today

a) Derrick Henry to Balt'whore

b.) Patrick Queen is than a Squeeler

c.) "Browns to sign backup QB Jameis Winston"  🙃

IYIlvuWc21U4g.gif   Flacco better be getting paid $        

huh? 4M 2023 Saints backup QB...Browns rumored to pay 8.7M (believe it, when see it)

edit--- Jameis Winston deal with the Browns: $4 million guaranteed. $2.79 million signing bonus, $1.21 million base, up to $4.7 million available in incentives

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And yes, you nailed it, there aren't going to be "WE WANT WINSTON!" chants at the Browns Stadium after the first incomplete pass by Watson, so there's that.

Instead, we’re going to be scratching our heads wondering which QB the Browns are drafting in 2025.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Instead, we’re going to be scratching our heads wondering which QB the Browns are drafting in 2025.

We could very well be.

But then what would some on here whine about? 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

We could very well be.

But then what would some on here whine about? 

Temperature of the beer, colors of the uniforms, shape of the scoreboard…you know important shit like that.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

Temperature of the beer, colors of the uniforms, shape of the scoreboard…you know important shit like that.

1. The beer could always be colder

2. The orange is a weird shade now. Thanks, Haslams.

3. Looks like Tennessee BECAUSE THE HASLAMS ARE GOING TO MOVE THE TEAM RABBLE RABBLE!

There, done. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, syd said:

now thats some funny shit. damn cal your not gonna take that  are you ?

very cowardly to leave that other forum, and come here and keep bringing it up.

12 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

very cowardly to leave that other forum, and come here and keep bringing it up.

Syd has to be "on that other forum" to bring up the fact that you are a whiny bitch? 

I doubt mjp or tia will mind someone saying that about you on this forum. I'm sure they agree. 

• Haha 2

Flacco wants to play.  We have Watson.  So Flacco won't play unless Watson gets hurt.  But Flacco wants to play.  So he's going to go elsewhere to play if at all possible.  Meanwhile, do we sit on our hands?  The answer is no.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Orion said:

Flacco wants to play.  We have Watson.  So Flacco won't play unless Watson gets hurt.  But Flacco wants to play.  So he's going to go elsewhere to play if at all possible.  Meanwhile, do we sit on our hands?  The answer is no.

They must think Watson's shoulder will be fine if they brought in Winston instead of bringing Flacco back.

35 minutes ago, Orion said:

I get this, but what team out there is seriously thinking of signing 39 year old Joe Flacco and starting him? 

Then again, I don't understand why the Browns would look at Flacco and Winston and go "Well both will sign with us, the money is comparable, so lets go with Winston." 

I really think they didn't want to deal with a QB controversy. I kind of think that's why we have Winston now. I think this speaks to how confident they really are in Watson coming back and playing well. (Not very confident, I suspect)

• Upvote 1

as fans, we may get half truths

The "Flacco wants to return to Cleveland"

2 weeks ago, Flacco himself made radio stops w/Sirius & espn. Heard both.

Flacco & Stef were both raised in Philly. Joe commented on a great player/coach relationship he had w/Stef. Loved the guts, Stef showed as the play caller. Joe didn't want that last game to be his last here. Joe admittedly felt he let the room/fans down. Joe took that loss hard on himself. Yes, Joe wants a chance to play, but he really wants to win more than the money. He's secured his money..

Few days after Joe Flacco spoke & days after combine ?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You don't have to be a prude to hate the Watson trade. But you do if you're going to shit your pants over a consensual peccadillo in the parking lot of the cheesecake factory.

😁

WSS

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Orion said:

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I get this, but what team out there is seriously thinking of signing 39 year old Joe Flacco and starting him? 

Then again, I don't understand why the Browns would look at Flacco and Winston and go "Well both will sign with us, the money is comparable, so lets go with Winston." 

I really think they didn't want to deal with a QB controversy. I kind of think that's why we have Winston now. I think this speaks to how confident they really are in Watson coming back and playing well. (Not very confident, I suspect)

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

as fans, we may get half truths

The "Flacco wants to return to Cleveland"

2 weeks ago, Flacco himself made radio stops w/Sirius & espn. Heard both.

Flacco & Stef were both raised in Philly. Joe commented on a great player/coach relationship he had w/Stef. Loved the guts, Stef showed as the play caller. Joe didn't want that last game to be his last here. Joe admittedly felt he let the room/fans down. Joe took that loss hard on himself. Yes, Joe wants a chance to play, but he really wants to win more than the money. He's secured his money..

Few days after Joe Flacco spoke & days after combine ?

Andrew Berry is building this team to give DW the best possible opportunity to win.

Berry may not admit this publicly, he is also taking away any excuse DW could make.

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

yep.

Cal is very crabby about what a terrible WR he felt Jarvis Landry was.  Not only that, the ONLY place OBJ struggled was In Cleveland when Baker couldn't get him the football.  Before Baker, OBJ made Pro Bowls and right after Baker he was catching TD passes in playoffs and the Super Bowl.  The bigger part of this is John Dorsey (the guy that DRAFTED Baker 1st overall made impressive efforts to bring his QB help at WR here like Jarvis Landry and OBJ.  Not 1 person in here complained about either move by Dorsey while most people celebrated them.  Baker had a choice: make more commercials or work on his chemistry with OBJ (after/outside of practice).  

18 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Dumbest move since the Manziel draft pick.

Here I thought the front office was doing a great job in general. This is really baffling.

Not for nothing, but now that the Bears cornered themselves into the point of no return with Justin Fields while they still plan to go through with their plans to draft Caleb Williams - I think the Browns could have traded for Justin Fields without giving up too much in return.  I wish they would have at least inquired if they didn't already do so.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

Not for nothing, but now that the Bears cornered themselves into the point of no return with Justin Fields while they still plan to go through with their plans to draft Caleb Williams - I think the Browns could have traded for Justin Fields without giving up too much in return.  I wish they would have at least inquired if they didn't already do so.

I don’t know why there are NFL teams that are willing to spend a high pick on Caleb Williams…he’s a turnover machine.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I don’t know why there are NFL teams that are willing to spend a high pick on Caleb Williams…he’s a turnover machine.

When USC played their Bowl Game without Caleb Williams - the QB they started threw 6 TD passes.   USC lost 5 games Caleb started in 2023 fwiw...

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

You don't have to be a prude to hate the Watson trade. But you do if you're going to shit your pants over a consensual peccadillo in the parking lot of the cheesecake factory.

😁

WSS

Yeah, it's only adultery 😁.  The moral compass only seems to get used in here for Watson.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

When USC played their Bowl Game without Caleb Williams - the QB they started threw 6 TD passes.   USC lost 5 games Caleb started in 2023 fwiw...

Not counting interceptions, he’s responsible for 32 fumbles in 36 games. 🤓

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 1:13 PM, nickers said:

The big difference for me is.. Flacco can overcome his Int's... Winston falls completely apart at the seams with absolutely 0 ability to overcome his mistakes...

you mean  like this.

Flacco can over come what ?

On 3/12/2024 at 4:11 PM, syd said:

I would start Winston  over.

zappe

stidham

o'connell

pickett or wilson

levis

darnold

carr

howell

I still stand by  this. and yes i do like to quote myself

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Yeah, it's only adultery 😁.  The moral compass only seems to get used in here for Watson.

And that bothers you as much or more than multiple counts of sexual imposition and alleged rape? Got it you guys hate Cal so much that you pull stuff like this out of your ass. And no doubt neither you nor Tex have ever had sex with any woman in the very first one. Ironically he's probably the only guy that never did any of those things. But like I said you don't have to be a prude to hate the Watson deal. Winston didn't set the team back that much so who cares?

WSS

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Not counting interceptions, he’s responsible for 32 fumbles in 36 games. 🤓

And that's just on the programs he hand selected for himself.  What could possibly go wrong as a rookie on a team that doesn't protect the passer very well?

That said, he does have intriguing passing stats when he's not being more generous than Santa Claus to the opponents. Here's his stats sporting good TD:INT ratios but none better than 41:3 from Fields. What got cut off was 35 sacks, for 272 yards and a passer rating of 170.1 in 2023. He takes a lot of sacks at the college level. TDs and INTs are bolded below. 

SEASON
GP
COMP
PATT
ATT/G
PCT
PYDS
PYDS/ATT
PYDS/G
PTD
LNG
300+
INT
SCK
SCK YDS
QBR

• Upvote 1

WEDNESDAY,  MARCH 13, 2024  ▪︎-->

~AND~  our old friemd  JOE FLACCO  is now an  INDY COLT !

See the new thread on this.  

USATSI_22174053-768x459.jpg