THE BROWNS BOARD

IGNORE LIST - a little tricky

Dan_in_Florida

Hi,

I just thought I would pass along how to put people on the "IGNORE LIST". I thought it was a little tricky but I updated all mine in the member directory.

The Ignore lists did not transfer over so you will have to reset them.

FYI :P ,

GO to the MEMBER'S PROFILE

On the LEFT, Click on the Orange "OPTIONS" button

Click "Ignore User"

Don't forget to scroll to the bottom of the next page that pops up and

Click on "ADD A NEW USER TO YOUR LIST"

--------------------

Your done!

Hi,

I just thought I would pass along how to put people on the "IGNORE LIST". I thought it was a little tricky but I updated all mine in the member directory.

It'd be nice if the guys on "ignore" just vanished from a board when you view it.

I wonder if that's possible?

That way one would just never see them at all.

The "you have this poster on ignore" is almost as cluttering.

WSS

It'd be nice if the guys on "ignore" just vanished from a board when you view it.

I wonder if that's possible?

That way one would just never see them at all.

The "you have this poster on ignore" is almost as cluttering.

WSS

At least you don't have to read their dumbass comments. It would be nice if you didn;t see the topic titles they posted either.

Hi,

FYI :P ,

Click "Ignore User"

--------------------

Your done!

I can't see this post since this user is on my ignore list. :lol:

the last board we just had made their post really small so you even would not notice it when reading through, this new board sux, it has a massive amount of space taken up to tell you they are ignored. defeats teh whole purpose to put soemone on ignore

I know I am not the best with these things; however, I still cannot add my son's Kilbourne helmet as my avatar....UGH :lol:

The problem with your Avatar is it was UPLOADED to the site. This NEWest forum does not support that. If you have your photo uploaded to another site (say Photobuckt.com FREE account), just insert the URL web address of the photo and YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR SON'S HELMET as your Avatar.

Oh, put Lummy on INGORE too! :unsure:

Hi,

FYI :wub: ,

Click "Ignore User"

--------------------

Your done!

Is there anyway we can add this functionality or hyperlink just by clicking on the user avatar or name in a thread instead of having to go to their profile, etc.. just as a short cut (I know I'm only talking about saving 1 or 2 steps here). Since I make my ignore decisions directly after reading the dumbest thing ever (in some cases, it's become an epidemic), it would be nice to not have to leave the thread. Just a thought.

Otherwise this thing is going swimmingly.

Wow, I had no idea so many people use the ignore button.

Not my style, I usually just laugh at the tardedness altogether. There are a few on here who are decent posters but I can't read their stuff. It's one long run on sentence with bad grammar and spelling, so I just skip over them usually.

Wow, I had no idea so many people use the ignore button.

Not my style, I usually just laugh at the tardedness altogether. There are a few on here who are decent posters but I can't read their stuff. It's one long run on sentence with bad grammar and spelling, so I just skip over them usually.

LOL! I'm trying to get better - I promise!

- Tom F.

Guest ATENEARS
the last board we just had made their post really small so you even would not notice it when reading through, this new board sux, it has a massive amount of space taken up to tell you they are ignored. defeats teh whole purpose to put soemone on ignore

If you base the worth of a Cleveland Browns Message Forum on the functionality of the 'ignore feature' ... then you are probably here for all the wrong reasons.

Good luck finding a Browns Forum with the Ignore feature perfectly as you'd like it ...

post-80-1226869772_thumb.jpg

If you base the worth of a Cleveland Browns Message Forum on the functionality of the 'ignore feature' ... then you are probably here for all the wrong reasons.

Good luck finding a Browns Forum with the Ignore feature perfectly as you'd like it ...

I agree. If you don't want to read it, don't. Quit acting like little girls. :lol:

Guest ATENEARS
There's one more name to add to that list, but I don't dare say it.

Please add me to that list. there's hardly even debate here these days, it one or two having opinion against the grain and three threads about how to put those one or two on ignore.

Have you guys checked out the competition? I'm sure other sites have honed 3-5 year old proven ignore features and plenty to drown out anything against the grain with mods standing by for those opposing opinions that get through. Seriously, check'em out, settle in somewhere. Don't let a couple of pesky fans here ruin your night of tea, crumpets, and browns stroking.

The ignore list is gay. Seriously...who here is that annoying that you have to ignore them? Not even Rich and Ghoolie on their worst behavior earn ignore status.

If I were you Skippy...I would get rid of the ignore feature completely.

This one time, on this one board I was on, it was really cool. The ignore feature allowed me to put everyone on ignore except my one girlfriend, so we just talked and talked and talked like nobody else was even there.

It was really cool.

Please add me to that list. there's hardly even debate here these days, it one or two having opinion against the grain and three threads about how to put those one or two on ignore.

Have you guys checked out the competition? I'm sure other sites have honed 3-5 year old proven ignore features and plenty to drown out anything against the grain with mods standing by for those opposing opinions that get through. Seriously, check'em out, settle in somewhere. Don't let a couple of pesky fans here ruin your night of tea, crumpets, and browns stroking.

LOL. I was going to list you just to be a dick...

Actually, you almost always have good shit to say, if I ignore the fact you just hate QBs.

I check out the other boards, but I'm not a member at any of them. I like it here much more; ignore just makes it more enjoyable when I don't have to worry about the above mentioned cluttering up the threads. Mostly, they are on ignore because all they want to post about is DA; if I see their posts, I'm tempted to reply and just keep the thread alive. There is no point to it anymore, I figure.

Someone quote Mark-o, so I can see what he said. He is sooooo annoying (because he thinks ignore is gay), that I added him to my list. :unsure:

I appreciate all the time it takes for people to tell us who they have on ignore. That way we won't accidently post a response to someone who won't be able to read it.

It's also a good way for a little bitch like lemosely to say "I don't want to communicate with you but I really hope you see my post so that you are aware of my hurt feelings"

I suggest a page with a spreadsheet which shows who has who on ignore.

By the way I use a different ignore feature, it's called the scroller on my mouse, and it rolls the moment it detects a faggoty BQ loving one-liner from the XXY gene pool on here.

Guest ATENEARS
Really stan??? Sometimes I really wonder what board you are reading. Maybe if you stopped multi posting in all the BQ threads you could find the following threads that have great discussions about Savage, Crennel, the defense or lack there of, the under use of Harrison among many other topis.

Oh and the other thing all these threads have in common? Not one post by you or any of the others who whine that we don't discuss the other problems with the team enough.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=696

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=865

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=918

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=883

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=899

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=901

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=834

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=829

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=820

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=825

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=788

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=778

And I'm not going to let up on this either. And if you're next whine will be that yeah we're discussing these things now that Quinn is starting, Well with all the bouncing from board to board, it would be hard for me to go find the threads as easily as this. But you KNOW they were there.

Hey JADBF, have you any idea the amount of time it takes to move a data base of 1700+ members and 5 yrs of compiled data to a new forum, only to research and move the information again within weeks, haggle over recouping and subscribing monies from three seperate host plans, uninstalling, installing, setting-up, uninstalling, researching, purchasing, reinstalling, troubleshooting just the chat room aspect, not to mention educating myself, other admins, mods, and members on use of back-to-back new formats? (in a nut shell)

Excuse me for skipping topics this week such as "another useless rant about Harrison", or other topics I've saturated during the Anderson era that sunk to page 8 while most played circle-jerk with Lum ... excuse me, I've been busy with not only the above brief description, but in answering cries about the colors of lines, the background color of lines, avatars-out-my-ass, chat rooms, sign-in / log-off errors, bewteen servicing support tickets for about four different venues that present you this place.

You caught me with my pants down this week and are going to post at the end of each thread about my absence?

What have I missed? Did I miss getting accused of having multiple screen names? (You're dead wrong, my friend)

Did I miss getting accused of only trying to raise the hit counts? (So, I can scramble to afford more bandwith? Gee, that makes sense)

Did I miss where we no longer have that cockpit around our starting QB anymore? That our Defense/Braylon/DB's/Run Game/Schedule/etc. aren't All-Star calibre, and just one player labeled many silly names isn't the only reason we were only 13-10 over the past season and a half?

How nobel we pick this week where I'm up til 1:00am and back at working on this move by 6:00am to discuss such crazy notions.

Thanks for calling out that I've been absent from it all.

Hey, when did we get this new forum?

Why can't the ignore button shut up the neighbors dog???

Archived