THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Bullshit

Zombo

Got to wonder why they think he wouldn't be there at 27? They are smarter than me but??? No Bowers?

Probably had information that some other team was high on him and were likely to pick him before 27, either that or they had a strong feeling about it, but I think it's the former.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what we gave but but a really solid pick who is only made it this far in the draft because he was kicked out of Penn State as a freshmen. Has been a model citizen since then and he looks like he eats babies so I am more than happy. Really solid pick. Our interior line is close to 700 pounds now HAHA.

I found this on the internet:

SI.com's Peter King hears the Chiefs are "very interested" in Baylor NT Phil Taylor.

TFY Insider's Tony Pauline seconds the report, stating the Chiefs are "set to take" the Baylor star. Taylor is considered the top true nose tackle available, and he's been popularly "mocked" to Kansas City. As long as Taylor's foot checks out with team doctor's, he's a good fit as the anchor in Romeo Crennel's 3-4 scheme.

This is Taylors overview on NFL.com

Taylor possesses the rare size and natural brute strength NFL front offices are looking for in a potential 3-4 nose tackle or two-gaper. Can anchor against the run, fight through double teams, uses his hands well, and doesn't necessarily need to come off the field on third down with his adequate pass rushing ability and good feet. A tendency to play high, limited range, in-game durability and some off-the-field red flags do hurt his stock. However, prospects with Taylor's size and ability don't grow on trees, so he shouldn't last past the middle rounds.

Phil

Intriguing to say the least, maybe this whole time we were thinking 4-3 but we are sticking with the 3-4?

Well if that's the case we don't need as many pieces as we thought on the D.

I guess if we pick up a LB that would be our answer.

I agree, Dawg. Next pick is a LB and I think all that talk about a 4-3 was smoke and mirrors.

Intriguing to say the least, maybe this whole time we were thinking 4-3 but we are sticking with the 3-4?

Well if that's the case we don't need as many pieces as we thought on the D.

I guess if we pick up a LB that would be our answer.

Or maybe their plan is to use the middle DT's to shore up the line and use smaller ends to rush around. Rubin and Taylor can take on two blockers each and not go back an inch. My prediction for the season is our MLB see's has a career high in tackles.

He looks like a prototypical nose tackle in a 3-4, aren't we going to a 4-3? kinda confusing could be a tackle tho. Dude is huge but surprising to give up a 3rd to move up. In heckert we trust????? Lol

3rd is standard for how much it cost. Plus we have another 2nd now and another 4th this year. We could also trade back from the first 2nd round pick and grab some more. Who knows. I won't judge this pick until I see him in action, but it has be excited.

Or maybe their plan is to use the middle DT's to shore up the line and use smaller ends to rush around. Rubin and Taylor can take on two blockers each and not go back an inch. My prediction for the season is our MLB see's has a career high in tackles.

Maybe

let's hope its tackles for losses.

One of the most accurate mock drafts out there (Walter Football) had Ward as a 6th round pick last year! TJ is the reason I don't judge until the season.

I watched him play for the ducks and loved his game speed and the way he hit. He wasn't unheard of. But I see what your getting at.

My prediction for the season is our MLB see's has a career high in tackles.

We have a 4-3 MLB?

What I'm not seeing is who we had to spend a 3 to jump ahead of...

Archived