THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Bullshit

Zombo

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underrated: Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh: Sheard isn't a traditional pass-rushing end -- a sudden athlete capable of beating NFL-caliber offensive tackles with speed alone. Sheard has a surprisingly strong bull rush at 6-3, 264 pounds, and has shown consistent improvement throughout his career. Rather than fall apart while facing double teams after "star" Greg Romeus went down because of an injury, Sheard raised his game, earning the Big East Defensive Player of the Year honors with 52 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, nine sacks and four forced fumbles. Sheard, likely to be taken between picks 20-45, will be more productive as a rookie than at least a few of the more highly touted defensive ends of this draft. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

Underrated: Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh: Sheard isn't a traditional pass-rushing end -- a sudden athlete capable of beating NFL-caliber offensive tackles with speed alone. Sheard has a surprisingly strong bull rush at 6-3, 264 pounds, and has shown consistent improvement throughout his career. Rather than fall apart while facing double teams after "star" Greg Romeus went down because of an injury, Sheard raised his game, earning the Big East Defensive Player of the Year honors with 52 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, nine sacks and four forced fumbles. Sheard, likely to be taken between picks 20-45, will be more productive as a rookie than at least a few of the more highly touted defensive ends of this draft. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

This doesn't really mean much but what was his 40 time?

So I'm basically not going to listen to Heckert anymore as to him liking players or not unless he was overruled, which I doubt. From everything he said he was high on Bowers, and doesn't pick him in the 2nd round.

I doubt anything has happened since the doctors have passed the tests for his knee.. so yeah. Should have picked Bowers, but this Sheard guy seems good, but not as good as Bowers.

If I were Bowers I'd be infuriated right now.

So I'm basically not going to listen to Heckert anymore as to him liking players or not unless he was overruled, which I doubt. From everything he said he was high on Bowers, and doesn't pick him in the 2nd round.

I doubt anything has happened since the doctors have passed the tests for his knee.. so yeah. Should have picked Bowers, but this Sheard guy seems good, but not as good as Bowers.

He may have been trying to goad someone in the top 5 to take Bowers so that Green or Peterson would fall to them.

Sheard has multiple years of production and he is the typical type of DE that Heckert takes. He also doesn't have to reach for him which is good, even though I thought we would go Reed over Sheard. Now all we need to do is take Sheard's opposite in Romerus in the 4th or 5th and we will be solid.

I take this back for Bowers being a better pick after the word is out that he needs more surgery and what not, plus I saw some video on Sheard and I'm honestly surprised he wasn't picked higher from what I saw.

Archived