THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Bullshit

Zombo

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good pick IMHO.

browns have been getting street cred the last couple of days. cribbs and mccoy both on espn.....about time.

i really don't agree with trading the sixth if all you are going to do is come back with a DT from baylor (but what do i know).

i think we'll get a receiver next.

You don't want to outsmart yourself in the draft, this seems like a small reach. Third round pick is important, u don't give that up easily... Watch Jordan be there at 27 and patriots take him at 28?

Man, Jordan sure looked like a stud DE.

Lets see who we have to pick from at DE in the second round so far. Bowers who was expected to go no later than 20, Reed who wasn't supposed to go past 27, Allen Bailey from Miami and Sheard from Pitt. All solid choices at the begining of the second. WR's we have Cobb from Kentucky and Smith from Maryland along with Titus Young who might be there at the second 2nd round pick. Alot of good DE's and WR to pick from in the second still. Plus there is also Wilson at LB from Illinois, several good OT, Moore who is the best FS prospect in the draft, Harris (Miami) and Williams (Texas) who are great CB's. So many solid players who could have easily went in the first round.

Cinci, Baltimore and Pitts ... all made good picks. Wow, this isn't getting any easier.

I disagree. Green has no one to throw to him and at best will have a 2nd round rookie, and Heyward will be a backup for the next year or two and only if he is him self after the tommy jones surgery. The only good pick is Smith, and I'm hoping his character concerns cause him to do something stupid.

The pick wasn't sexy but trusting Heckert, we should have solidified our interior DL, which gives us numerous options with pass rushers. There was a reason they traded back up to get Taylor...was it to build the DL inside/out, or may it have been to work a trade once things free up with the CBA? Look at it this way....in a draft loaded with HUGE question marks (read potential busts) on the DL, we are now 2 picks richer this year (in the 1st 4 rounds) & 2 next. Once again I will say that I think the Browns have great folks running things & know one hell of a lot more than I do, so I'll just wait to see what happens.

I do find it interesting that Bowers is still available.

Mike

The pick wasn't sexy but trusting Heckert, we should have solidified our interior DL, which gives us numerous options with pass rushers. There was a reason they traded back up to get Taylor...was it to build the DL inside/out, or may it have been to work a trade once things free up with the CBA? Look at it this way....in a draft loaded with HUGE question marks (read potential busts) on the DL, we are now 2 picks richer this year (in the 1st 4 rounds) & 2 next. Once again I will say that I think the Browns have great folks running things & know one hell of a lot more than I do, so I'll just wait to see what happens.

I do find it interesting that Bowers is still available.

Mike

Canton Mike, awesome post..this pick want sexy(wr,de) but it filled a huge need..

Archived