Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

maybe it's just me. but anyone coming on here and actually salivating over next year after just 2 weeks played this year pisses me off. and in my book makes them a fair weather fan.

what about this year? answer me that batman? we just bend over and take in the ass again in the 'hopes' that our FO might actually do something right?

i hope they pick an OL a CB and WR with their first three picks just to see if you show up here again around draft time. then let's see who is bitching then.

By the way its "riddle me this, batman" not "answer me that, batman"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey i actually agreed with you in another post. i was just defending someone i don't know but do know, you know? it was like watching a guy who's already beat up just getting piled on and kicked in the side. as a human being you want to see the bloodshed stop.

we were seriously worried that he might blow something up last night or jump off a bridge.

that being said i hated BOTH the TR and weeden picks. i've been screaming for another corner for 3 years now and the fixing of the right side of the line. that's all i want.

can god just grant me that one wish before my liver explodes?

then everyone can go nuts over WRs, Rbs hell even another QB (but i agreed with you in another thread that i think weeds needs to be given every opportunity this year to show that he can play and manage this team on the field).

so we are not that far apart in our rational.

on a side note: if you haven't found out by now busting balls is a huge thing here so don't take things too personally. it turns out i'm older than you and yes the leroy kelly era is when i started watching the browns. hell thom darden is from my hometown. so i apologize for the rant and hope you stay around.

if we ever meet, first round is on me. and the second.

cheers!

No doubt we need a corner badly and should have signed one of the free agents in the off season. I am really hoping the right side improves when Luavo and Pinkston return. No worries I can rant and rave at time myself as you can see. I'm in 138 - 17 midway the big old guy lol., stop and say hello if you make it to a game

Trent's career rushing stats for the Browns is an incredible, unbelievable, Hall of Fame like 62yds per game. Does he go over that this week or under?

I say Under

This week it most likely will be under. The more accurate indicator will be the season average and sorry but I think it will be over. Now if he should tear up the league, I would have to say he was mis-managed here. And that would say much about our FO.It works both ways and we really won't know for sure until about Thanksgiving....

I know this is an attempt at humor... but seriously, it's way to soon... Fuck it, I'll play along...

Trent will topple 100 yards. Yes, vs the 49ers.

He would have had 100 yard games if we weren't resting him for the Colts in the second halves of both games...and on third downs...

who will be our next franchise QB? (all i know is they better be a pocket passer). so who for argument's sake if you take your read option QBs off the list...who does that leave you with?

and if they don't work out can we call for banner and lombardi's head and you can disappear?

As I already stated, I like Teddy Twatwater because he is what Weeden is not: poised in the pocket. If it doesn't work out, you can do whatever you want. You're the only one who has a problem (for no apparent reason) with me, so you can feel free to leave if you can't stand my presence. I'm not going anywhere.

I posted this on another T-Rich thread so it's probably been missed.

I think you all might want to see a few examples of our OL Run Blocking :

http://www.draftbrowns.com/2013/06/browns-film-room-trent-richardson/

Here, if this posts correctly you should see something interesting:

Trent-Richardson-vs-PIT-1C-420x309.png

Followed by play result:

Trent-Richardson-vs-PIT-1E-420x312.png

There is more analysis and pictures on the link.

Wow..

I know this is an attempt at humor... but seriously, it's way to soon... Fuck it, I'll play along...

He would have had 100 yard games if we weren't resting him for the Colts in the second halves of both games...and on third downs...

Wow! I kinda figured he will see limited action this week and need a little time to learn the playbook.But then again, after being an older than dirt Browns fan....he gonna hit the headlines with 250...SSDD

Yeah that basically kills Richardson. Its only five out of 267 plays though

Makes me wonder what McGahee, as a Veteran RB, will do if have anywhere near these types of holes still.

Also explains (to me at least) why Hardesty always looked better going through the line than T-Rich.

Bwah ha ha! Really? You really think Richardson will sniff anywhere close to 100 yards? You do know the colts line sucks, right?

They plan to use him as much as he can take... something we never managed to do.

Lombardi is not our primary drafter... Joe Banner is, along with guys like Ray Farmer, John Sandusky, and Ken Kovash. Also, veteran coaches such as Norv Turner and Ray Horton. Our player personnel department is filled with quality guys, including a mix of "football guys" and "analytics" guys. I would imagine Banner pulled the trigger on this trade b/c he is smart enough to realize TRich is not worth a 1st round pick, and we may have gotten a steal.

Don't forget, while us fans have to go through this "rebuilding" sh** again and again, this is theses guys' first season. They are trully trying to re-build, and I believe they are trying to do it correctly, and quickly.

If thats the case then why the fuck is Lomtardi even here in the first place...Banners butt warmer maybe?

Followed by play result:

alright in everybody's eyes now TR is/was a bum. i think the guys was class act. no not worth a #3 pick. no not a RB dynamo.

BUT in his defense, do you think this might be a miscommunication, a RB not getting the play call right?

i mean zombo could have made a yard in that hole. B)

Miktoxic, why be a fuckin dick? Jackass. Make you feel better keyboard tough guy?

I agree with you though. How ppl have any fucking faith in Lombardi is amazing, he last QB he took in the draft was Jamarcus Russell. Show me any evidence to suggest they'll pull in top notch talent for this team, please. This FO has a track record of failure, laden with busts. Thinking that we'll capitalize on all these picks is just blind optimism, not reality.

We need a QB and we woulda been able to get him with our own pick, we weren't winning many games with this Oline. We need guards, a WR, and another CB to replace Owens and Skrine. Until we fix the Oline, it's pointless. Schwartz is statistically the WORST Olineman in the NFL through 2 games, btw. The problems aren't limited to OG.

BUT in his defense, do you think this might be a miscommunication, a RB not getting the play call right?

No... it was a trap play with Greco pulling right. The hole has to be somewhere to the right. Impossible to miss that call...

But regardless an NFL RB has to see that hole... no excuses...

And it was not just this one time. Not that you or anyone read it, but in my week one breakdown I noted that TR missed holes less than a yard from where he ran on a few occasions. I even joked that he wears glasses off the field, so maybe he needs them on the field as well.

so your point is? .....

Belichick is your hero , and you are butthurt from way back in 1993?

No sugar butt.....since 64' my point? You're a fuckin moron that know's shit. My "hero?" My dad..Landed on Guadalcanal at 17 and spent his 19th birthday on Pelilu. My other Hero? The Corpsman that saved my life in Vietnam.... now go grab your ankles

And you have sports hero's??? I pitty you

Miktoxic, why be a fuckin dick? Jackass. Make you feel better keyboard tough guy?

I agree with you though. How ppl have any fucking faith in Lombardi is amazing, he last QB he took in the draft was Jamarcus Russell. Show me any evidence to suggest they'll pull in top notch talent for this team, please. This FO has a track record of failure, laden with busts. Thinking that we'll capitalize on all these picks is just blind optimism, not reality.

We need a QB and we woulda been able to get him with our own pick, we weren't winning many games with this Oline. We need guards, a WR, and another CB to replace Owens and Skrine. Until we fix the Oline, it's pointless. Schwartz is statistically the WORST Olineman in the NFL through 2 games, btw. The problems aren't limited to OG.

Thanks for talking sense into him... lol.

To clarify, I actually don't have faith in Lombardi, I have faith in Banner. I think Lombardi is the GM because Banner wanted someone he could control. Lombardi is going to be on a very short leash in the draft. The T. Rich trade isn't about getting the QB, it's about getting as much high-level talent as possible. As you rightly mentioned, the browns have many problems on the offensive side of the ball. It's going to take all those picks and free agency to fill them.

Followed by play result:

I saw that. It proves what I've been saying since March of last year...Richardson is an average back in a beast body.

I'm sure thee were multiple examples of this. But our line is still tied for last in the league as of yesterday (per CBS Sports Radio) and there have also been examples of bad run blocking as well.

Greco and Lauvao need time together starting and the line needs to jell. OL is a cohesive unit, plug and play replacements rarely get the job done.

I can't quite figure this one out. The Browns have a very good defense, but a terrible offense, and yet, they trade away the only player on offense the opposing defense needs to prepare for?? For one pick that could be anywhere in the teens or twenties? Glad the Ravens didn't do that with Jamal Lewis when Kyle Boller was at the helm. At least they remained competitive.

If thats the case then why the fuck is Lomtardi even here in the first place...Banners butt warmer maybe?

Banner's ass is squarely on the line with two extremely unpopular decisions- first hiring Lombardi, second trading Richardson. If he's wrong, he'll be out of a job before the snow flies in 2014.

Take away AP's season opening TD run and he's averaging around 2 YPC.

Just throwing it out there.

Peterson also has a 2,000 yard rushing season to his credit- get back to me when Richardson can say the same. :)

"We're gearing up for a big roster overhaul, I believe."

I think anyone who has been here more than 1 year is vulnerable, including Thomas and Haden, and maybe they should clean house.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The rooster NEEDS a big ovehaul except........The Cupboard is BARE...The only 2 players that could possibly bring you value are Haden and Thomas and you won't get high value for either, especially Thomas because of his contract. You have to hope the players you have progress year after year. I would be shocked if they let Thomas go...Someone will get really,really hurt

alright in everybody's eyes now TR is/was a bum. i think the guys was class act. no not worth a #3 pick. no not a RB dynamo.

i mean zombo could have made a yard in that hole. B)

Who said he was a bum? The "bums" were the ones who not only drafted him 3rd but used MULTIPLE PICKS TO GET HIM!!!!!!! I was sold on either Kalil (bookend tackles ahhhhh) or Clairbone and would have traded DOWN for Barron, Kuechly, Floyd, or Kirpatrick...oh well .......Waiting for Next Year

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The rooster NEEDS a big ovehaul except........The Cupboard is BARE...The only 2 players that could possibly bring you value are Haden and Thomas and you won't get high value for either, especially Thomas because of his contract. You have to hope the players you have progress year after year. I would be shocked if they let Thomas go...Someone will get really,really hurt

OOOOPS.....I missed Alex Mack... I understand this ownership wants to make it's mark.... and this trade is good for the Browns if they have made at LEAST a 5 year commitment to the Head Coach. If not this franchise is doomed to be the all time laughing stock of pro sports.....wait isn't it there already?

Archived