Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

The trade will be bad for the Browns. I was listening to NFL radio and basically D'qwell, and Joe Thomas are upset about this trade. THey are both leaders on the team and you know the locker room is a buzz about it. TRich was well liked and players respected him for playing hurt. Another thing is Dmitiri Patterson has been saying he was cut not because of his play but because he was telling Browns players not to trust Banner. That Banner was a snake. What do you think players are thinking of Banner now? If a Free Agent wants to sign with the Browns you don't think they'll talk to players on the team? Or former Players?

Now as far as TRich's play is concerned, its comparable to other rookie rb's who had good careers. You can't judge a player on 18 gms. Especially a rb. Lets look at some numbers of other backs in first 18gms.

First TRich's numbers

Last year 267 att 950yrds 3.6ypc 11tds 51 rec 367yrds 1td

Emmit Smith

1990® 241att 937yrds 3.9ypc 11td 24rec 228yrds 0tds

1991 led NFL in rushing

Rickey WIlliams

1999® 253att 884yrds 3.5ypc 2tds 28rec 172yrds 0tds

2000 first 2 games: 44att 134yrds 3.04ypc 0tds

YPC for a HOF RB his first 3 season 4.1, 3.7, 3.0

That RB was Marshal Faulk

LaDamian Thomilson averaged less than 4.0 ypc in 5 seasons (no they werent all at the end of his career)

Jerome Bettis avg 3.9ypc for his career in 13 seasons he only went over 4.0ypc 4 times and he's a HOF

Walter Payton 1975® 196att 679yrds 7tds 33rec 213yrds 0tds

first game of 1976 25att 70 yrds 2.8ypc

So you can't call Trich a bust. You can't judge him on 18 gms. You fit the system to the players not the other way around. TRich was making 2-3mill a yr so he wasn't hurting the bottom line. As far as not being versatile look at his receptions last year he had 51, look at the other rb's listed he had more receptions than any of them as a rookie except faulk had 52. Thomilson, Emmitt, and Rickey Williams all played under Turner before and Smith, and Williams running styles were similar to Trents. This trade was about Lombardi's and Banners ego. So without knowing how TRich will turn out and the trade causing strife with the players they made this trade. This will come back and bite the Browns.

@419lions,

From a fellow new user, I have to say your stats obscure the fact that the NFL is a VASTLY different league in 2013. Running backs no longer have 300 carries a year to prove themselves. If a rookie RB doesn't show explosiveness or a special dynamic in the passing game, they're generally not going to get those 30 carries a game to "pound out" 100 yards. Not when passing is emphasized to such an extent. I mean, look at the year that we played Woody Hayes football with Peyton Hillis. I didn't see too many teams go draft a 260 lb running back and hand it to him 35 times a game the next year, in fact the Browns completely went away from that offense the next year.

Richardson may turn out well with a better line and a better QB, but he's NOT going to be a 300 carry back on a team that has Andrew Luck as it's focal point on offense. If he isn't a hit right away, he's going to end up getting 18 carries a game just like he did here.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have saw the hole, dove forward, got four yards, removed on a stretcher, never played again, and been one happy motherfucker the rest of my life!

Zombo.com

Zombo

T.G. Zombo - RB, CLE

First Down Completion - 100%

Yards Per Carry - 4.3

Career Fumbles - 0

Career Drops - 0

Blocking Assignments Missed - 0

Get that gold jacket fitted my friend ;)

The comparrisons were just to show the data on TRich is incomplete. I see a lot of people on here saying Richardson was a bust and not elite. That has not been determined. Look at AP last year he carried the Vikings to the playoffs. The AFC North you have to play good defense and run the ball. In Nov and Dec playing outdoors you need a rb. Lombardi has veen saying Hoyer is great before he was Browns GM. He hated the trade up to get Richardson. He made this move because of ego. Fiscally it doesnt make sense. Lions are paying Bush 5mill a yr as a fa rb. So thats kind of the bar for next year fa rbs. Trich was making less than that. This trade doesnt ensure you get your qb next year. If the Browns draft a qb in 2nd or 3rd rd next year does this trade still make sense? The bigger issue is what does this message say to the other players? They already had pattersob saying dont trust Banner. If you play hurt we'll trade you. If you complain about getting the ball and sticking to the ganeplan we'll trade you. You think they trust Banner now? If the fo, coaches lose the team 2 games in your in trouble.

I also believe they never planned to let Weeden start this year. The plan was to let Hoyer start all along. Two things can happen. Hoyer plays good and they decide they dont need to draft a franchise qb next year. Which makes the TRich trade pointless, or Hoyer is bad and they have to backtrack and name Weeden the starter again.

THIS FAT FUCK SET US BACK A DECADE. HIS HATING THE MOVE MAKES ME THINK IT WAS THE RIGHT CHOICE.

I can see why you would think that, and I'm inclined to agree with you in regards to fatso! At any rate, I wouldn't say a decade! With the right personnel in the front office, and the way the NFL is set up, teams can and do go from worst to first relatively quicky. What remains to be seen is do we in fact have the right personnel this time? Time will tell. Though I wasn't a fan of bringing in Lombardi.

Holmgren is an asshat who took $40 million from Lerner and left us with no quarterback. If we had a quarterback, we wouldn't have had to trade our running back.

Zombo

Holmgren should have stuck with what he does best, and that was coaching! I mean seriously, didn't Seattle strip him of his executive duties because he sucked as a GM?

exacatatctly.

banner on mike and mike right now is dodging all bullets to answer the exact question of WHY the trade was made.

"i just spoke to a few players." "the emotion on the trade we really appreciate from the fans."

WHO THE FUCK IS RYAN GRIEGSON? and why does he have so much pull to tell banner how the team should be structured?

"i watched every play of the eagles play last night as was very impressed with the way they honored donovan mcnabb and andy reid."

hey joe how'd that work out for ya?

tell me you're gonna draft a read option QB and run that offense thru turner. tell me the coaches you hired won't jump ship as fast as possible. yeah RG3 and mike vick are lighting it up....in the turnover ratios.

how about a pocket passer game manager like we passed on like like alex smith (no i'm not saying we should have done everything to get him etc. just saying another dumb non-action, like with a CB). we tradede away a #3 pick. will we look at josh freeman this offseason if weeds doesn't work out? or how about we trade away mack and thomas for him? it's about the value we got for TR.

photo-thumb-1174.jpg?_r=1366254910

What kind of sig pic is that? You've already established you're old. You live in your moms basement, don't you.

shake the dust off your sack and nut up, quit crying. It is what it is. I don't like it either but let's try to find some positives, some tiny speck of hope that they will pull through and build us the franchise the way it should be.

I agree that Holmgren wasnt the right hire at the time. I feel the same way about Lombardi, Banner, and Chud. As far as the 10 year thing that isnt true. In reality the 3yrs to build a team doesnt really apply anymore either. If they thought Richardson wasnt the guy. Why not draft a rb this year? Also on NFL radio yesterday they said T-Rich founded out he was traded from a friend than confirmed it by listening to the radio. Things like that dont sit well with players. Especially after Patterson was telling them they cant trust Banner.

I also believe they never planned to let Weeden start this year. The plan was to let Hoyer start all along. Two things can happen. Hoyer plays good and they decide they dont need to draft a franchise qb next year. Which makes the TRich trade pointless, or Hoyer is bad and they have to backtrack and name Weeden the starter again.

None of that changes the fact that the Browns are drafting a QB next year

Yeah that basically kills Richardson. Its only five out of 267 plays though

What I was thinking as well. I mean it's a great assessment but I'm pretty confident you can find that many plays of bad reads by any NFL RB. Frankly it's over though. We got a solid vet and a young guy with something to prove. Nothings gonna change so let's see what the next man up has to offer.

Got you beat there pal- I go back to 1957 and the Ernie Davis tragedy. Got in on my pals seniority back in 1999- 31 years worth and counting. StubHub says my tickets sell for an average of $175- still interested? If you guys want to rag on me for being pissed about the high probability of yet another wasted season, I'm asking top dollar for my section $250 per.

Edit: may I quote USA Today? If you’re a Browns season ticket holder this morning, the idea of heading to the stadium seven more times this year to watch Brian Hoyer and the decaying carcass of Willis McGahee lead your offense can’t be at all appealing.”

Yeah- real entertaining watching another loss, more like a nightmare horror show. Hi guys- it's just like the movie Groundhog Day. I don't call that entertainment- especially since I have to drive 220 miles to watch it.

It would be more fun to just let the empty seat show up- and watch the game at home on Sunday Ticket. Saves me seven hours of weekend driving. That's the kind of "statement" I just might make. Plus I have relatives in Cleveland I'll give the tickets to, depending on how the season unfolds.

Why would I want to give someone who wants a refund full price + for his tickets...you make zero sense I'll be in my nice and warm in my vibrating lounger sipping my Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve Whiskey watching football entertainment and I'll pick up cheap tickets outside when the attendance fall..

It's a shame we couldn't have gotten Andy Reid for him. Pretty amazing what the right coaching staff can do in the NFL. KC 3-0

Yea I can't understand why a veteran coach wouldn't JUMP at the chance to coach Cleveland All pro quarterback great defensive backs solid ownership and a GM president the fans LOVE....You would think Reid, Bellick, Gruden, Cowher would PAY Cleveland to coach here

Yup... HOF Coach? maybe... HOF GM? No...

His draft for Luck? How about his pursuit of RG3? How about his drafting Wheezy? How about his trading up for TR? His choice of Shurmur?

Odd that he fondly remembers having a trade of his entire draft for Luck rejected, which means he would have been unable to select TR.

Odd that he offered his draft for Luck, but was unable to work a deal to get RG3 despite doing everything possible (as we were told at the time).

I guess we know now what style of QB he wanted... and did not want...

I honestly do not care what Holmgren thinks.

Hoyer's success or failure has absolutely nothing to do with the value of the 1st rounder we got for TR. The only thing now is where the Colts finish... and based upon what I have seen so far, it will not be as high as they finished in 2012.

And as far as "the plan" goes the only thing we know at this point is that they now rank Hoyer over Campbell.

attachicon.gifIMG_0040.JPG

PM me...face value is $290 each and I can meet you at the Gander Mtn in Twinsburg anytime this weekend.

Club seats for the thurs. Night Buffalo game should be a great game...their starters against our practice squad

Oh...and bring cash...I'm old school too

I'm leaving tomorrow for Pittsburgh to see my daughter. Pirates games Saturday & Sunday and the company she works for has a box forSunday's Steeler game I can't believe I'll be there to watch the squeelers raise their record to 0-3. I have to find someone to go to the Bills game as my wife is a Surgical Nurse and is on call Tues Wed and Thurs nights... I live 120 miles away so any pickup would have to be game day

Considering RG3 went for 2012, 2013 & 2014 first round picks plus 2012 second round pick the trading your whole draft for Luck seems like a weak offer.

True... I'd forgotten how steep a price they paid for the #2 overall.

Wow is Washington royally fucked.

Of course Holmgren hates this trade ... He's the one that wasted draft picks to trade up and take a RB #3 in a QB-run league. It makes him look bad that the Browns are trying to cut-bait and get actual value for Trent while he still has some. The current FO is basically stamping a big fat "Bust" label on Holmgren's pick, less than 2 years after he made it. I can't see him exactly applauding the move.

Also, TR being considered the "Best Talent" is probably more indicative of the rest of the poor talent Holmgren assembled on offense, rather than TR's actual talent level.

Lombardi said last year before he was with the Browns. If someone needs a qb sign Hoyer. What im saying doesnt effect if they draft a qb, but neither did trading Richardson. If Hoyer goes out and wins 5 games and Browns get 5th pick. Do they still get the franchise qb? If your sitting behind Jax, Oak, Tb, and Min do you still get the franchise qb? This trade had no effect on the Browns getting a franchise qb. This fo, coach are giving up basically after 2 games. The players arent going to play hard for someone who quit on them after 2 games. The trade wasnt about a qb. It was about Trich complaining about the game plan. Same way Patterson was released because he told guys dont trust Banner. Yes its a bussiness but its built on respect. And if the players feel the fo, coaches dont respect them than they already lost the locker room.

Good Morning Browns fans

I'm a Jacksonville Jaguar fan but follow every team in the NFL closely, I know this has been discussed at nauseam but you guys pulled off a heck of trade netting a first round pick for Trent Richardson. It was a mistake to draft Trent 3rd overall to begin with as a RB has to have a rare combination of size, speed, vision, lateral agility, power, and quickness (an Adrian Peterson clone) to warrant being taken so high, Trent never possessed those elite traits for the Browns (Mike Holmgren and Co) to make such a pick.

I'm also not buying the Indianapolis Colts hype, they are more than a RB away from being considered a legit contender, that team can easily be 0-2 right now and will be 1-2 after this week’s game against San Francisco. I watch the Colts a lot and that is a team that doesn't win at the line of scrimmage on the offensive or defensive side of the ball, and because of that I don't believe they'll win more than 7 games this year. The Browns have a legit chance of having 2 picks in the top 10 in the 2014 NFL draft, a draft that is loaded at the front end with elite QB and pass rushing prospects. Your team is merely a competent QB away from being a legit contender; I like the Browns chance of finding one next year. Both of our organizations have struggled for an extremely long time, but it finally looks like there are better days ahead for both of us.

I can see why you would think that, and I'm inclined to agree with you in regards to fatso! At any rate, I wouldn't say a decade! With the right personnel in the front office, and the way the NFL is set up, teams can and do go from worst to first relatively quicky. What remains to be seen is do we in fact have the right personnel this time? Time will tell. Though I wasn't a fan of bringing in Lombardi.

So right! Look at KC

But our line is still tied for last in the league as of yesterday (per CBS Sports Radio) and there have also been examples of bad run blocking as well.

Who'd we tie with? And yes, there's been bad run blocking as well. I documented a couple in my breakdown. As with the pass blocking most of the bad run blocking is somehow Cousins related.

Zombo.com

Freaking great site... made me feel very "Welcome"... and you even have T-shirts...

http://www.15footstick.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=EZCMS&file=index&menu=14&page_id=6

It's a shame we couldn't have gotten Andy Reid for him. Pretty amazing what the right coaching staff can do in the NFL. KC 3-0

You can have Andy... I'll take Chud and Alex Smith... I'll even throw in Wheezy.

Archived