Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

Richardson out gains McGahee. McGahee gets hurt. Richardson rushes for 175 and 3 TD's. POG flies to Indy, kills Richardson, kisses Luck and then swallows a knife.

I don't know about that...

But maybe, I'd be in the backseat of Banner's car, waiting for him with a butcher's knife, a bag of feathers and a bucket of tar.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is, Richardson for a first rounder is probably about fair value - 31 other teams seem to think so. So why trade for 'fair value' mid way through the season.

I'm coming round to the trade, I just wish we could have got a bit more. If we end up sucking enough to get a top 3 pick, we get our starting QB, then we use the colts' on a WR. That gives us a 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th to get a RB, CB and OG. I'm actually OK with that. .

"My big concern is this season"

WHY??? Think the Browns would have made the playoffs with Richardson this year? At BEST they would have won 6 or 7 and if you take the emotions out of it you would agree. MY BIG CORCERN is Ownership/GM/Coach...if any one of these 3 change the Browns are S-C-R-E-W-E-D again. You have at least 8 holes to plug, plus step in type of players and you ain't gonna get that in 2-3 years. Bannerbardi/Chud are gonna need at LEAST 4-5 years because of the bullshit flopping each coach before them made. Plus you HAVE to overpay to get a free agent to come play for a loser in a winter climate. Right now I would take Carolina over Cleveland in a heartbeat...I hate the cold!!!

All the reports I've read from an Indy point of view are surprisingly similar to us - nobody in that backfield will be able to rush until their OL gets fixed. Otoh, teams will respect the pass more, but I still don't see a 100-yard game. Given that he's got about 3 days to learn the playbook, will be part of a 1-2 combo with bradshaw, I'd say 60-yards is about right.

If TR goes to Indy and has a real good season, we will know that he was mismanaged and will say a lot about the management team in place. And the same will hold if he flops, we will know then that the management team has a clue. Sorry for being so skeptical but as a Browns fan it comes honestly.

No it won't...Who did the Browns get in exchange and where is he playing in '13? Will he be in Minnesota in time for the game? This trade will take 2-3 years to make a SMART comparison and even then so what? It's apples to grapes...the Browns line SUCKS and won't get better in the near future. You do understand that you need only average 62.5 yd/game to get 1,0000 right? 20 carries/ game...3.2 yds / carry not real impressive right? Richardson couldn't even do that...BUT BUT he was hurt!!! Yep.....behind a better line.....

dude you are playing with the wrong person.

i'd love to break you down, but you've probably already been deleted from the board.

thank friggin god. what a dick.

Sorry sparky still here....maybe next year in 4th grade they will teach you how to follow a thread. The whining little school girl was bitching because he's had to wait since 99 for a championship and wants a refund on his tickets...I offered to buy a couple

Break me down? Shit I've been a Browns fan since the 50's had season tickets for over 30 yrs ending in '95 and saw every Steeler game home and away for 21 years...that's 42 games for you 3rd graders...Break me down.....buttercup I'm waiting

I forget....do we have two 1st rounders next year or do we now have 3? For some reason I thought we picked up one in a earlier trade.

I found the answer....2 next year.

You saw what happen the last time the Browns had 2 1st rounders behind Trent/Weeden right?

Got our Franchise Tackle and our Franchise QB......Philadelphia used the pick to draft Kevin Kolb who Cleveland wanted even after they passed him over

3 missed 1st round picks in 2 drafts......only in Cleveland

Let me start with a rousing FUCK YOU. Just who the fuck do you think you are to assume I just jumped on the Browns bandwagon. Hell that proves your ignorance as they aren't currently what I would call a bandwagon team.

I am a Browns fan through and through and have been for 51 years. I don't care how long PoeticG has been here or how many posts he has. His posts make no sense and he rambles. It is obvious often his main goal is to simply increase his post count with his stupid one liner rants. You and he are peas of a pod. Internet groupies that define their expertise, value and self worth by their post count. You barked (pun intended) up the wrong tree asshole. I am a long time season ticket holder and have every right to express my opinions here regardless of what you or your little buddy think. I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio and will be a Browns fan until I die. He's been "through" with the Browns since hmmm I don't know maybe 40 posts ago. As far as the O line is concerned please take a look at the 21 backs that rank above him and convince yourself their lines are all great. They aren't some of them are simply playmakers.

You keep defending your little internet butt buddy all you want. Fact is his posts this week have been pure bullshit.

PS did you mean to try pulling off Latin there or did you actually mean Ass Nausea?

Way to go JCAMM throw logic and the truth at em.....They don't want the truth, they can't handle the truth. 51 years? Bandwagon jumper.....54years here and had seasons for 30 years ending in 95 except for the 3 1/2 years I spent in Vietnam. 1st thing my dad handed me when I got off the plane back in the world was my Browns Season Tickets

Miss You Gunny....SEMPER FI DAD

Break me down? Shit I've been a Browns fan since the 50's had season tickets for over 30 yrs ending in '95 and saw every Steeler game home and away for 21 years...that's 42 games for you 3rd graders...Break me down.....buttercup I'm waiting

well i guess since you are now in your 60s and talkin like a 15 year old Nword....you got us all beat.

semper fi what when and where?

i served six years USArmy. you?

you just come off sounding like such an ass that i really don't even want to see your posts anymore.

do us all a favor and show up with your overseas combat war ribbon or even a record of an achievement award.

then come talk to me. i know plenty of 'guys' that went to camp pendleton and got washed out before the end of basic training. yeah sure they are the marines and i was army but i made it through training with special forces as an armchair ranger that would make you vomit.

By the way its "riddle me this, batman" not "answer me that, batman"

gotcha!

was looking for the nerd to correct me on that!

listen little queefs, i'm not trying to be a dick and in no way am i trying to be an internet 'tough guy'.

do i have a problem with a lot of you guys showing up now. right now? yeah.

you know why? because it gives you the bridge to talk about next year's draft and who you envision being the next tim couch. hey go for it. but the point you are leaving out is that this FO that you have so much faith in has just basically told every browns fan to go fuck themselves until 4/2014. that's my problem.

god i hope these guys make this trade a positive move.

BUT

you also have to understand we've all heard this song and dance before. JUST WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR. NO, WAIT. IT'S A 5 YEAR PLAN. OH HE DIDN'T WORK OUT SO LET'S GET RID OF HIM. OH IT MUST BE THE OC, GET RID OF HIM. NO IT'S THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR GET RID OF HIM...........

oh well, wait until next year (going on 20 in my book).

Mike Holmgren hates Cleveland Browns’ trade of Trent Richardson, says he’d quit if he was head coach

Eric Edholm 6 hours agoShutdown Corner

USATSI_6422708.jpg

(USA Today Sports Images)

Mike Holmgren was in charge of delivering the Cleveland Browns Brandon Weeden at quarterback and Trent Richardson at running back.

So you can imagine that Holmgren isn't seeing this trade from the perspective of the Browns' new regime. In fact, if he was coach, Holmgren said he would have stepped down following the deal, he said on Sports Radio 950 KJR in Seattle on Thursday, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

[Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football is open for business]

"I struggled with it,'' Holmgren said. "Philosophically, if I am the coach and someone came in anywhere and did that, I'd say 'OK, fire me, or I'm going to quit. Or we're going to both go into the owner and talk about this and the we'll see who's still standing.'''

Holmgren, the former team president, was let go after Jimmy Haslam took over ownership last fall, and Joe Banner replaced Holmgren. The team fired Pat Shurmur and his staff and hired Rob Chudzinski in his place. There's a new sheriff and deputy in town, and they clearly don't share Holmgren's vision of building the offense.

"How do you make your team better by trading your best player?'' he said rhetorically. "He's the best offensive player. He's a valuable, valuable guy.'

"Clearly the coach (Chudzinski) is OK with this because they sat at the news conference together. I personally would not be OK with it. It was my best offensive player, a young guy. Not an eight-year vet. He's a young guy.''

Part of this might be Holmgren trying to repair his reputation, which has taken a bit of a hit in recent seasons, and maybe there are some hurt feelings with how things ended in Cleveland. But less than 18 months after his regime draftedRichardson to the Browns, it's still clear that Holmgren remains fond of him, too, and thinks that the Browns made a dire mistake here.

Holmgren wondered what the Browns players thought of the deal.

"You can't tell me some of those players aren't asking some of the questions [we] are asking,'' he said. "They were friends with [Richardson]. It's too wild. This sort of thing doesn't happen, and it happened, so asking questions about it would be natural.''

As an aside, there also was an interesting note from the interview with Holmgren: He offered the Colts his entire 2012 draft pool of picks for the Colts' No. 1 pick, so he could draft Andrew Luck. Colts GM Ryan Grigson wasn't having anything to do with that Rick Williams-esque offer.

"I talked to him last year (at the owner's meetings) before we made the trade,'' he said. "I said, 'I'll give you all of our draft picks for the No. 1 pick and I'll take Luck. I'll give the whole draft to you.

"I said, 'Ryan let's do the deal, right now, right here.' He said, 'We're taking Luck.' We were by the pool, I might've even had a lemonade in my hand. He didn't take me seriously, because I was ready to pull the trigger. They were going to take him, and they should've taken him. They did the right thing, but he said if some craziness would've happened, they would've taken
Trent Richardson
. And now a year later, they get both of them. If you asked him last year, 'Would you trade your 24th pick in the first round for Trent Richardson,' you would do that easily.''

Crazy how much can happen in a year.

- - -

well all you that bought into the fat walrus as the savior of browns football...........what do you got to say now?

either it's holmgren didn't know what he was doing and i love the richardson trade but i still sucked cock for holmgren

OR

holmgren made the wrong picks but if he was still here we'd be winning, because he was the football genius that was going to save this city.

bunch of 2 face fucks.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The rooster NEEDS a big ovehaul except........The Cupboard is BARE...The only 2 players that could possibly bring you value are Haden and Thomas and you won't get high value for either, especially Thomas because of his contract. You have to hope the players you have progress year after year. I would be shocked if they let Thomas go...Someone will get really,really hurt

That does fit right in with the perpetual rebuilding we have been doing for over a decade now. Year in, year out...April is the most exciting month for Browns fans. Sad, sad, sad!

I couldn't agree more about the O line. Teams that keep stocked on linemen seem to be able to plug in "skill" position players at will and keep winning...ala Pats and pissburg. But it seems like they are drafting line men each year. The line is key on either side. Our D line has been making the whole defense much better and possibly a playoff caliber D with another back.

Pittsburgh picked up the Titains starting G/C from last year FERNANDO VELASCO at church Sunday....37 hours before the game and he STILL OUTPLAYED O'NEIL COUSINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need at least 2 corners unless you are sold with skrine (or is it Scream?) and Ownes and at least 2 more safeties TJ has trouble with some coverages

gotcha!

was looking for the nerd to correct me on that!

listen little queefs, i'm not trying to be a dick and in no way am i trying to be an internet 'tough guy'.

do i have a problem with a lot of you guys showing up now. right now? yeah.

you know why? because it gives you the bridge to talk about next year's draft and who you envision being the next tim couch. hey go for it. but the point you are leaving out is that this FO that you have so much faith in has just basically told every browns fan to go fuck themselves until 4/2014. that's my problem.

god i hope these guys make this trade a positive move.

BUT

you also have to understand we've all heard this song and dance before. JUST WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR. NO, WAIT. IT'S A 5 YEAR PLAN. OH HE DIDN'T WORK OUT SO LET'S GET RID OF HIM. OH IT MUST BE THE OC, GET RID OF HIM. NO IT'S THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR GET RID OF HIM...........

oh well, wait until next year (going on 20 in my book).

They are doing real good.....if you want a team that is in a perpetual rebuild mode. Hell, in that they are the best. I.m tired of watching for draft day and want to see some competitive football games.Only 2 more years and we get a new GM and coach....?

The trade will be bad for the Browns. I was listening to NFL radio and basically D'qwell, and Joe Thomas are upset about this trade. THey are both leaders on the team and you know the locker room is a buzz about it. TRich was well liked and players respected him for playing hurt. Another thing is Dmitiri Patterson has been saying he was cut not because of his play but because he was telling Browns players not to trust Banner. That Banner was a snake. What do you think players are thinking of Banner now? If a Free Agent wants to sign with the Browns you don't think they'll talk to players on the team? Or former Players?

Now as far as TRich's play is concerned, its comparable to other rookie rb's who had good careers. You can't judge a player on 18 gms. Especially a rb. Lets look at some numbers of other backs in first 18gms.

First TRich's numbers

Last year 267 att 950yrds 3.6ypc 11tds 51 rec 367yrds 1td

Emmit Smith

1990® 241att 937yrds 3.9ypc 11td 24rec 228yrds 0tds

1991 led NFL in rushing

Rickey WIlliams

1999® 253att 884yrds 3.5ypc 2tds 28rec 172yrds 0tds

2000 first 2 games: 44att 134yrds 3.04ypc 0tds

YPC for a HOF RB his first 3 season 4.1, 3.7, 3.0

That RB was Marshal Faulk

LaDamian Thomilson averaged less than 4.0 ypc in 5 seasons (no they werent all at the end of his career)

Jerome Bettis avg 3.9ypc for his career in 13 seasons he only went over 4.0ypc 4 times and he's a HOF

Walter Payton 1975® 196att 679yrds 7tds 33rec 213yrds 0tds

first game of 1976 25att 70 yrds 2.8ypc

So you can't call Trich a bust. You can't judge him on 18 gms. You fit the system to the players not the other way around. TRich was making 2-3mill a yr so he wasn't hurting the bottom line. As far as not being versatile look at his receptions last year he had 51, look at the other rb's listed he had more receptions than any of them as a rookie except faulk had 52. Thomilson, Emmitt, and Rickey Williams all played under Turner before and Smith, and Williams running styles were similar to Trents. This trade was about Lombardi's and Banners ego. So without knowing how TRich will turn out and the trade causing strife with the players they made this trade. This will come back and bite the Browns.

They are doing real good.....if you want a team that is in a perpetual rebuild mode. Hell, in that they are the best. I.m tired of watching for draft day and want to see some competitive football games.Only 2 more years and we get a new GM and coach....?

exacatatctly.

banner on mike and mike right now is dodging all bullets to answer the exact question of WHY the trade was made.

"i just spoke to a few players." "the emotion on the trade we really appreciate from the fans."

WHO THE FUCK IS RYAN GRIEGSON? and why does he have so much pull to tell banner how the team should be structured?

"i watched every play of the eagles play last night as was very impressed with the way they honored donovan mcnabb and andy reid."

hey joe how'd that work out for ya?

tell me you're gonna draft a read option QB and run that offense thru turner. tell me the coaches you hired won't jump ship as fast as possible. yeah RG3 and mike vick are lighting it up....in the turnover ratios.

how about a pocket passer game manager like we passed on like like alex smith (no i'm not saying we should have done everything to get him etc. just saying another dumb non-action, like with a CB). we tradede away a #3 pick. will we look at josh freeman this offseason if weeds doesn't work out? or how about we trade away mack and thomas for him? it's about the value we got for TR.

The trade will be bad for the Browns. I was listening to NFL radio and basically D'qwell, and Joe Thomas are upset about this trade. THey are both leaders on the team and you know the locker room is a buzz about it. TRich was well liked and players respected him for playing hurt. Another thing is Dmitiri Patterson has been saying he was cut not because of his play but because he was telling Browns players not to trust Banner. That Banner was a snake. What do you think players are thinking of Banner now? If a Free Agent wants to sign with the Browns you don't think they'll talk to players on the team? Or former Players?

Now as far as TRich's play is concerned, its comparable to other rookie rb's who had good careers. You can't judge a player on 18 gms. Especially a rb. Lets look at some numbers of other backs in first 18gms.

First TRich's numbers

Emmit Smith

1991 led NFL in rushing

Rickey WIlliams

LaDamian Thomilson averaged less than 4.0 ypc in 5 seasons (no they werent all at the end of his career)

Jerome Bettis avg 3.9ypc for his career in 13 seasons he only went over 4.0ypc 4 times and he's a HOF

So you can't call Trich a bust. You can't judge him on 18 gms. You fit the system to the players not the other way around. TRich was making 2-3mill a yr so he wasn't hurting the bottom line. As far as not being versatile look at his receptions last year he had 51, look at the other rb's listed he had more receptions than any of them as a rookie except faulk had 52. Thomilson, Emmitt, and Rickey Williams all played under Turner before and Smith, and Williams running styles were similar to Trents. This trade was about Lombardi's and Banners ego. So without knowing how TRich will turn out and the trade causing strife with the players they made this trade. This will come back and bite the Browns.

now that's the way to pop a cherry.

welcome to the browns board!!

First TRich's numbers

Emmit Smith

1991 led NFL in rushing

Rickey WIlliams

While i agree you can't call him a bust yet, I hate these comparisons of so and so started off bad and they became hall of famers. So everyone that starts of bad becomes a hall of famer (rhetorical, please don't answer)? Those comparisons are kaput!

Anyways, there's a reason Holmgren is not employed, HE SUCKS!!! There is never a shortage of bad teams needing a saviour/guru to come in and right the ship. The game has passed fatso Mike.

alright in everybody's eyes now TR is/was a bum. i think the guys was class act. no not worth a #3 pick. no not a RB dynamo.

BUT in his defense, do you think this might be a miscommunication, a RB not getting the play call right?

i mean zombo could have made a yard in that hole. B)

I would have saw the hole, dove forward, got four yards, removed on a stretcher, never played again, and been one happy motherfucker the rest of my life!

Zombo.com

Zombo

can we go back in the archives and get some quotes from all you mofos when he was hired to what you are saying now?

hold on i'll be right back....................

We were wrong. He sucked. Let's leave it at that.

I liked Butch Davis when he came in too.

But results are results.

Zombo

Archived