Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

I also believe they never planned to let Weeden start this year. The plan was to let Hoyer start all along. Two things can happen. Hoyer plays good and they decide they dont need to draft a franchise qb next year. Which makes the TRich trade pointless, or Hoyer is bad and they have to backtrack and name Weeden the starter again.

No, it doesn't make the trade pointless. If Hoyer works out it makes the trade pretty good. We have a boatload of picks to fill some holes.

As with others....I think Trent was a nice back, but I didn't view him as a special back. He is the kind of guy you have to invest in and let him run the ball 25 times a game to get his 120 yards.

We are obviously looking to be a different team.

Three or four years ago I said spread option QBs would be the future of the NFL and people laughed, but all I was doing was looking at trends in the high schools and colleges.

Shannahan sort of proved that RB is a throw away position when he kept plugging in 1000 yard rusher after 1000 yard rusher. It's

turning in to sign a guy to a rookie contract, let it expire, and bring in the next guy. Every now and again you have a "special" runner....but IMO the running back records on the books are probably going to survive a while because runningbacks turn over every 3-4-5 years.

Things change. Homie didn't believe it would. It did.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks. i don't want to seem like i'm pissy about this trade. it's not the trade. it's the way it went down and the lack of value we got back in return just to realize that we have to trust in joe banner and mike lombardi to make this a winner deal for us.

didn't we just do this same dance 2 years ago? when will it end? (never) in our lifetime. bet?

Sure... if you're right, I'll buy us beers... If I'm right, you buy...

Win - WIn... Except that if I'm right we're celebrating and if you are we're crying in them...

Getting less than we spent on TR was inevitable given his performance (86.7 total ypg). Had he averaged 150 all-purpose per game we'd have never traded him.

I'm in the camp looking at this glass as being half-full. I'm genuinely pleased we got a 1st rounder. Had Indy not been a team in need and had it not been such a "sacrifice" for us to part with our healthiest of 3 RBs, I don't think we could have done any better at any other time.

I also believe it is possible that the Indy pick will be much earlier than their #24 pick in 2012. They barely beat Oakland in week one.

Everyone keeps saying that RBs are a dime a dozen.

Then how come we don't have one? We don't have a dime?

We don't have one NFL carry on our tailback depth chart and we play a league game in three days.

Zombo

Because our line isn't getting it done right now. Ghoolie and Rich say linemen are a dime a dozen and bring in skill players. I am all about the beef. I say if you have linemen who can dominate, even you or I could gain a few yards. A young stud who knows what he is doing can gain a bunch.

No, it doesn't make the trade pointless. If Hoyer works out it makes the trade pretty good. We have a boatload of picks to fill some holes.

As with others....I think Trent was a nice back, but I didn't view him as a special back. He is the kind of guy you have to invest in and let him run the ball 25 times a game to get his 120 yards.

We are obviously looking to be a different team.

Three or four years ago I said spread option QBs would be the future of the NFL and people laughed, but all I was doing was looking at trends in the high schools and colleges.

Shannahan sort of proved that RB is a throw away position when he kept plugging in 1000 yard rusher after 1000 yard rusher. It's

turning in to sign a guy to a rookie contract, let it expire, and bring in the next guy. Every now and again you have a "special" runner....but IMO the running back records on the books are probably going to survive a while because runningbacks turn over every 3-4-5 years.

Things change. Homie didn't believe it would. It did.

ball it wasn't just shanahan, every winning coach knows you can find a RB anywhere, be it the big strong bullworker or the zippy dancer/cutter.

where you threw me is with the read option. ask RG3 how that's working out for him or chip kelly last night.

1 - Different Owner

2- Different FO and Scouting department

3 - I like Trent, but . . .

4- I'm not crazy about Lombardi being here.

5- Banner, may be better than I or others care to admit.

There are more decision makers than just these two, though I would venture that Banner essentially rules.

Wait and watch, or bail?

Seriously.

Are you really going to bail on your Team at this point?

MjAxMi05MmYzNzQ2Y2YzZjYzNTEy.png

27 pages later ... We dropped Trent for a first round pick and picked up McGahee.

I'm really not sure it will effect our 2013 season that much.

These guys are going to draft their guys next year. That'sall. The end.

Z

27... 57... whatever it takes...

I'm going to continue participating in this thread until we take Maurice Claret's request for a try-out seriously....

Because our line isn't getting it done right now. Ghoolie and Rich say linemen are a dime a dozen and bring in skill players. I am all about the beef. I say if you have linemen who can dominate, even you or I could gain a few yards. A young stud who knows what he is doing can gain a bunch.

Is an O-line dime the same value as a Back dime?

another SMART man.

it all begins and ends in the trenches.

Uhm. I'm with ya Z.

Either way. I'll watch. and drink a lot.

... and Dr. Z talks yet another in off of the ledge....

Cheers, Po... I'll be hoisting them with you. Let's make an afternoon of it. Noon (CDT) for us and 15:15 for the Colts....

what a bunch of dopes browns fans have become, let alone the faggots that still brng up uni change.

i don't care if everyone and their mother is running the read option or spread your mother's legs offense. this is still the AFCN. you nee to be able to run the ball when the winds off lake erie are whipping around 30 mph and the sleet is coming in horizontally.

what a bunch of pussies. we should be punching people in their chin yet everyone wants to dance the tango. sure you need a strong armed QB who isn't dumb and doesn't stare down his receivers and can take a hit and can read defenses (that's why this trade will be a bust cuz there is no QB out there right now like that).

OL!OL!RB!OL!CB!CB!S!S!WR!WR! get those players and shep (in pink tights) could play QB in this league.

I heard quite enough of Fajita for a lifetime. He's a rainbow loving sissypants that never did a thing in Cleveland while collecting a check. He's jealous that Trent was the face of the franchise.

... I honestly believe that Trent will find a way back to Cleveland someday. He knows a debt is owed to the fans here. He knows.

I heard quite enough of Fajita for a lifetime. He's a rainbow loving sissypants that never did a thing in Cleveland while collecting a check. He's jealous that Trent was the face of the franchise.

... I honestly believe that Trent will find a way back to Cleveland someday. He knows a debt is owed to the fans here. He knows.

Might be a nice sentiment, but winning (Indy) changes everything as they say.

Totally understand the shock and disappointment, I had several moments of shock/disbelief myself when I heard about the trade - though it was a hacked account joke.

Let's just say it all boils down to we didn't know how to use his talents (he is talented), irregardless of whose fault that is.

I'm hearing more and more things I'm not pleased about that actually add up, but it just doesn't matter now - both Trent and the Browns have a new slate/clean start now.

Let's see where we go from here.

If you do FF, put TR on your Team.

Me, I don't know what the heck FF is even about, so I'll leave that to others.

like you aren't delusional cysco (about your sexuality, your hair loss, growth of man boobs and low sperm count....sounds to me like it's time to make a chamge, if ya know what i mean).

let the dude rant and it will be over. you stickin in the knife every 2 seconds ain't helpin shit.

just STFU already.

(and yes i'd do the same in your defense asshole).

Po..Trent doesnt give a fuck where he plays..trust Me..he just wants a ring..and lots of money...he doesnt give two shits about you Po...none of them do...

Fear not about Ghoolie - he's so far off base about the O-line it isn't' funny. LT get routinely drafted in the first round- that's not dime a dozen. What I'm seeing is a Browns o-line (at least the right side) constantly getting shoved into the qb, and can rarely, if ever get to the second level on blocking running plays. Chance Warmack or T-Rich easy decision.

Fear not about Ghoolie - he's so far off base about the O-line it isn't' funny. LT get routinely drafted in the first round- that's not dime a dozen. What I'm seeing is a Browns o-line (at least the right side) constantly getting shoved into the qb, and can rarely, if ever get to the second level on blocking running plays. Chance Warmack or T-Rich easy decision.

yep. if only we had level headed personnel in the FO to make such picks. the thing is, around here everyone is so worried about making the wrong pick that that's exactly what they do.

Archived