Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

I like Richardson for lots of reason. None of them involve homosexual fantasies, sorry to let you all down there...

One of the reasons I like him so much: For years we could NEVER stop the run. NEVER. One of the absolute worst teams, by far, at stopping the run. When Richardson came here, our defense actually practiced and prepared for an elite runningback, week in and week out. The opponents runningback would not be much better than Richardson regardless of who we would be playing. He gave the Defense good looks and prepared them well... That's just one of the reasons why I liked Trent, but I still think and believe that he'll come back someday, he has unfinished business here. Unlike Lebron, he was taken and didn't want to leave.

Damn, I didn't realize how much he contributed to our 19th ranked rushing defense last season.

How could we be so blind?! We need him back!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to do what Everybody thinks I'm going to do again tonight.. and Freak out about Trent Richardson, maaan.

...I still kinda am though, :( not even trying to lie about it.

Do you think we'll get a heavy dose of Richardson chants on Sunday at Browns Stadium? Will there be protests? Will the stands be pretty bare? Just wondering if we will see an impact there or not. It's crazy that it's the BrownsBoard Game of the Year too. I hope you guys represent!

After this past week's win, I think the Stadium will be full.

Lauvao should be back this week (I hope), so I'm hoping to see a better OL, no matter who's QBing.

Whatever, the tape speaks for itself.

And the stats speak for themselves as well...13 carries...35 yards.. 2.7 YPC.

Meanwhile the other back on the team went 19 for 95... Trent might be the most expensive goal line back in league history.

thanks for posting this vid!

in it you can clearly see why his brother's nicknamed him "Big Tooth"!

(one of his front teeth is like 1 1/2 times the size of normal...once you know it's there you can't miss it.)

saw it last year and wasn't gonna poke fun at him since he was a Brown...but now all bets are off!

he hides it well, but not well enough!!

bwahahahaha!!!! BIG TOOTH 3.5!!

And the stats speak for themselves as well...13 carries...35 yards.. 2.7 YPC.

Meanwhile the other back on the team went 19 for 95... Trent might be the most expensive goal line back in league history.

and bradshaw will do like he did with the giants last year play a couple of good games get hurt at playoff time and be classified as useless.

you motherfuckers are just mean.

glad i won't meet any of you assholes at the tailgate.

and bradshaw will do like he did with the giants last year play a couple of good games get hurt at playoff time and be classified as useless.

you motherfuckers are just mean.

glad i won't meet any of you assholes at the tailgate.

How is that mean? Those are the stats are they not? The dude has had a gay love affair with some very good to very average players on this team and has been ridiculous in his gay love for some of them.

He's still pissed off that we got rid of Cribbs who clearly has nothing left as he is as close to playing for an NFL team this year as I am right now. Colt McNoodle was going to lead us to the super bowl and Trent Richardson was the 2nd coming of Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, Barry Sanders, and Earl Campbell.

He has a tremendous talent for making me not like players who were previous extremely likable...

yeah and everyone knows that so why not just not respond instead of piling on like a bunch of flesh-eating zombies.

there's not too many people on here i don't get along with except the trolls and the bullies.

give him a week and he'll forget about it.

keep kickin him in the side and it'll never end.

sorta like the DA and QUEEF love affairs i heard soooo much about, right shep?

should we pull up some of those posts to embarrass you?

Po... gonna just skip your posts for a while. Just too painful...

Catch ya later...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between Bradshaw's numbers and general giddyness after drubbing the reigning NFC Champs, it's easy to see how fans may be having second thoughts. But there's a long way to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile back at the thread...

It was refreshing today to hear a number of analysts recanting any mention of our tanking and general team disfunction.

Meanwhile back at the thread...

It was refreshing today to hear a number of analysts recanting any mention of our tanking and general team disfunction.

until gordon gets traded. then you'll see the browns fans storming the gates at berea like the zombies in WWZ.

I'm not going to do what Everybody thinks I'm going to do again tonight.. and Freak out about Trent Richardson, maaan.

...I still kinda am though, :( not even trying to lie about it.

Do you think we'll get a heavy dose of Richardson chants on Sunday at Browns Stadium? Will there be protests? Will the stands be pretty bare? Just wondering if we will see an impact there or not. It's crazy that it's the BrownsBoard Game of the Year too. I hope you guys represent!

I go to 6 games a year, and always represent, but no, I won't be chanting for Richardson.

49 pages on this thread? Really? That is about as many as on the Hot Cheerleaders. And that has taken years to accumulate.

I combined like 8 threads dealing with this. And if you take out Po G's love letters to T-Rich, it is only really about 23 pages of discussion.

Zombo

Whatever, the tape speaks for itself.

PG, I was in the middle of a long reply (that blew up when I deleted the wrong tab) but the tape does speak for itself. I don't have time to re do the specifics, but head over to Pro-Football-Reference, look up how Richardson stacks up against the rest of NFL running backs- and it isn't pretty. The only thing he was in top 10 last year is scoring. His YPC and total yards were AVERAGE. We'll wait until the end of the year to see how this turns out- but right now, the Colts just goat a very expensive goal line\ third down back.

PG, I was in the middle of a long reply (that blew up when I deleted the wrong tab) but the tape does speak for itself. I don't have time to re do the specifics, but head over to Pro-Football-Reference, look up how Richardson stacks up against the rest of NFL running backs- and it isn't pretty. The only thing he was in top 10 last year is scoring. His YPC and total yards were AVERAGE. We'll wait until the end of the year to see how this turns out- but right now, the Colts just goat a very expensive goal line\ third down back.

Freudian slip?

August 12, 2012...

When the Cleveland Browns drafted Trent Richardson, they did so with an eye toward the past and the future.

Since Cleveland returned to the NFL from its hiatus in 1999, the absence of a franchise quarterback has doomed the Browns. The persistent inability to pound the ball against opponents hasn't helped.

The Browns have chewed up 16 starting quarterbacks in 13 seasons. Most were a disaster, but even the best among them were doomed by a weak-sister running game. The Browns have finished an average of 26th in the NFL in rushing since 1999. That's led to averaging 27th both in total yards and points scored during this dark stretch.

From NFLShop.com:
Trent Richardson gear.
p12864480reg.jpg

Assuming Richardson's knee heals up, Brandon Weeden has something everyone from Tim Couch to Colt McCoy lacked: A potentially elite back who can keep defenses honest and take the heat off a developing signal-caller.

The roots of Cleveland's West Coast offense conjure images of a precision passing game, but Browns president Mike Holmgren knows that's not the entire story.

In Holmgren's first two trips to the Super Bowl with the Green Bay Packers in 1996 and 1997, he relied on running backs Edgar Bennett and Dorsey Levens to balance out Brett Favre and the pass. Holmgren returned to the Super Bowl in 2005 with the Seattle Seahawks, but they wouldn't have come close without Shaun Alexander's outrageous 1,880 yards and 27 touchdowns on the ground.

These are the roots behind Cleveland trading up to secure Richardson with the third-overall pick in April's draft.

The Browns are counting on the former Alabama star to give the team some long-lost identity. No player has led the team in rushing more than two seasons in a row since bulldozer Kevin Mack did it between 1990 and 1992. The in-between has been a horror show.

The hope in Cleveland is that Richardson -- who will be featured in our upcoming video series, "Everything to Prove," which debuts Aug. 15 -- will return with a steel-strong knee and a fire in the belly to help alter the balance of the AFC North.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000049032/article/trent-richardson-can-help-restore-order-for-browns

August 12, 2012...

The hope in Cleveland is that Richardson -- who will be featured in our upcoming video series, "Everything to Prove," which debuts Aug. 15 -- will return with a steel-strong knee and a fire in the belly to help alter the balance of the AFC North.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000049032/article/trent-richardson-can-help-restore-order-for-browns

Richardson's steel strong knee is averaging a whopping 3.1 ypc this year. Wow. Lesean McCoy is almost averaging as much yardage PER GAME than Richardson has totaled the entire 2013 season.

There's a reason Haslam fired Holmgren and Heckert- Trent Richardson would be exhibit 1A. Remains to be seen if Weeden is 1B. Obviously Banner, Lombo, and Chudd thought Richardson was expendable- and his career stats back that up.

When you going to get it- you DON'T need to draft a running back high in the first round anymore. Alfred Morris (sixth round) and Arian Foster (UFA) have outperformed the mighty Trent.

Arian Foster... 3.7 YPC

Arian Foster... 3.7 YPC

Ahem, 3.7 > 3.1 Actually it's 3.9 (just looked it up) . LeSean McCoy- who's tearing it up with the Eagles, second round 53 overall. BTW, Alfred Morris 5.6 YPC, Obi-wan banana 11.5 on his two carries. You're out of ammo kid.

When all is said and done, these teams with great RBs are not winning championships. Most of them are terrible.

RB is a dime a dozen, don't spend big picks position.

PG needs a trip down Memory Lane. Shall we look at the top 5 Running backs of ALL Time +1? That would be Emmit Smith, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Jim Brown. Smith was blessed to have Troy Aikman and Michael Irving along for the ride. The other five? Two rings among them. Soooooo.... the odds are stacked against Richardson, or the far, far superior Adrian Peterson ever winning multiple rings- unless Luck turns into the next Joe Montana, and Reggie Wayne can play at a high level until he's 45.

When all is said and done, these teams with great RBs are not winning championships. Most of them are terrible.

RB is a dime a dozen, don't spend big picks position.

wrongo.

strong up and down the middle on both sides of the ball wins championships. fucking assholes that still believe that you can have an average defense and still win cuz you got kurt warner and some doncoryell offense.

GTFO chump.

guess you didn't see the niner game tonight when frank FUCKING gore led them to victory.

go back to playing madden and you pretending to be peyton manning.

douchebag.

wrongo.

strong up and down the middle on both sides of the ball wins championships. fucking assholes that still believe that you can have an average defense and still win cuz you got kurt warner and some doncoryell offense.

GTFO chump.

guess you didn't see the niner game tonight when frank FUCKING gore led them to victory.

douchebag.

No one is saying you can have a crap running game and win championships, though it's been done in recent years. Frank Gore, third round 65th overall- doh.

THAT'S what I'm trying to get through PG's thick skull, unless you see the reincarnation of Jim Brown (and I'm on record I didn't see that in Richardson) .there is no reason, nada, none, zilch to ever draft a running back in the Top 10 anymore. Freaking history proves it in spades- unless you have the super stud qb to go along with the super stud RB, you're doomed to come up a notch or two short of a Lombardi Trophy.

No one is saying you can have a crap running game and win championships, though it's been done in recent years. Frank Gore, third round 65th overall- doh.

THAT'S what I'm trying to get through PG's thick skull, unless you see the reincarnation of Jim Brown (and I'm on record I didn't see that in Richardson) .there is no reason, nada, none, zilch to ever draft a running back in the Top 10 anymore. Freaking history proves it in spades- unless you have the super stud qb to go along with the super stud RB, you're doomed to come up a notch or two short of a Lombardi Trophy.

i know, but you as well as i know that that is a lost cause.

AP is prob the best running back in the game but with a shit team around him (OLine, no QB, no defense) it means absolutely nothing.

so before we go throwing TR on the fire let's think about what else was there for him to succeed.

all i'm saying.

a lot will be proven this week.

it might be shocking to some, even me, given the outcome.

wrongo.

GTFO chump.

douchebag.

first off your a hypocritical immature bitch. You talk about people being bullies on here and you're an asshole yourself.

second you're an idiot. You take one example to make your point. Where was AP when he played the Browns? The best RB in the league. Hows the eagles doing with the leading rusher? Fuck you.

no shit you need balance. The point is RB is a dime a dozen position that isn't as important as it was back in the day.

you old douchebag.

Archived