Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 carries for 35 yards. . Now he's with the Colts playing with a back gaining more yards behind the same line.

I just can't take the excuses for this guy anymore. He isn't special. He's just a guy. We absolutely fleeced the Colts.

And the right side of our line is just HORRIBLE. I can't believe how bad Schwartz looks. He's like a statue.

"First it was inexperience and a minor knee clean out. Then it was ribs. This year it was bad blocking"

More like:

Jake Taylor: Oh, Skip, they were a different team last year.

Lou Brown: Taylor, its not your job to make excuses. Thats all you

guys do good! Its either a *leg* thing or a *spiritual* thing, or

a *psychological* thing, or a *heart attack*!

Jake Taylor: Who used heart attack?

Lou Brown: Me.

"First it was inexperience and a minor knee clean out. Then it was ribs. This year it was bad blocking"

More like:

Jake Taylor: Oh, Skip, they were a different team last year.

Lou Brown: Taylor, its not your job to make excuses. Thats all you

guys do good! Its either a *leg* thing or a *spiritual* thing, or

a *psychological* thing, or a *heart attack*!

Jake Taylor: Who used heart attack?

Lou Brown: Me.

put the meth pipe down and we might actually understand what you are talking about.

More than 3/4ths of NFL teams would gladly take him solely because of his potential. Potential that he's, as of yet, failed to reach.

Nothing gets a coach fired faster than potential.

Maybe not, but you seem to have "dumbest shit ever stated" on lock at the moment.

I also think we should have gotten more.

We could have milked them for a middle round pick given we had more time.

The Colts went into that draft wanting to get Andrew Luck but are on record stating that they also loved Richardson. So essentially, they traded a 2014 1st round pick for a 2012 first round pick, straight up and also didn't have to pay any of his $13 million dollar bonus.

They perceived Trent to be a top tier talent and were also desperate at RB. We did not perceive him to be special, had no need for him, and are looking to build via the draft.

"So, yes, I believe we could have gotten more out of the trade"

Honestly...How on God's green island in the Pacific did you flunk out of GM school? The way you talk you should have GM'd your way to 5 super bowls and drafted a dozen hall of famers. Cleveland fans think ( fill in the blank) coach will come to Cleveland or (fill in the blank) free agent will sign or bitch because they feel the front office didn't "try" hard enough to sign whomever and then whine because the Browns have to overpay and pay starter money to other teams backups... With the luck of the Browns they will pull some bull shit miracle, finish 7-9 and draft 17th while the Colts go to the playoffs and the Richardson's pick is 30th

Calm Down. It was one game. Against the 49ers at home. On a new team, new coach, new playbook... it's been 3 days. Wow

I agree with that.....however, I am glad we shipped him and got a first rounder. Trent is a plugger who needs 25 carries a game to get his numbers and we aren't running a O that is going to grind one back 25-30 times a game.

Honestly...How on God's green island in the Pacific did you flunk out of GM school? The way you talk you should have GM'd your way to 5 super bowls and drafted a dozen hall of famers. Cleveland fans think ( fill in the blank) coach will come to Cleveland or (fill in the blank) free agent will sign or bitch because they feel the front office didn't "try" hard enough to sign whomever and then whine because the Browns have to overpay and pay starter money to other teams backups... With the luck of the Browns they will pull some bull shit miracle, finish 7-9 and draft 17th while the Colts go to the playoffs and the Richardson's pick is 30th

There's never been a 24 year old GM in the history of the NFL. I still have 16 years of reading your dumb shit and making you look like an idiot before I attempt to become a GM.

Multiple media sources said GM's around the league were shocked by the trade and weren't contacted about him being available. Several reporters have also noted that GM sources stated they would have easily given up more to get the guy. But hey I'm sure that's all bullshit too right? Just because you believe something doesn't mean it's right.

So this morning...

1. USA Today runs an article, "Richardson Must Get Past the Excuses in Indy." That's the guy who earned us a first round pick.

2. LaConfora tweets that a lot of NFL types have known for some time that Brian Hoyer was the best quarterback "never to get his shot."

That was fast. Remember when the Browns were all crazy and shit? Like last week?

So this morning...

1. USA Today runs an article, "Richardson Must Get Past the Excuses in Indy." That's the guy who earned us a first round pick.

2. LaConfora tweets that a lot of NFL types have known for some time that Brian Hoyer was the best quarterback "never to get his shot."

That was fast. Remember when the Browns were all crazy and shit? Like last week?

I can't say I was happy about the trade and it will be some time yet before we can say for certain one way or the other. I had no problem with starting Hoyer at all and welcomed his chance. I'm not a Campell fan at all. Hoyer can and should get better with some reps and game time.

Anything is better than watching Weeden fail constantly. I'm glad for Hoyer that he gets "his shot" and hope he makes the most of it.

Richardson is another story. I imagine even Hoyer wishes he had a back like Richardson to take the load sometimes... 50+ passes...

Anything is better than watching Weeden fail constantly. I'm glad for Hoyer that he gets "his shot" and hope he makes the most of it.

Richardson is another story. I imagine even Hoyer wishes he had a back like Richardson to take the load sometimes... 50+ passes...

I gotta agree whole heartedly on the RB thing. And I wish someone would show us where all these dimestore RBs are at. It's been 14 years now and we still haven't seen consistancy at RB.

I imagine you wish you could take Richardson's load sometimes.

I like Richardson for lots of reason. None of them involve homosexual fantasies, sorry to let you all down there...

One of the reasons I like him so much: For years we could NEVER stop the run. NEVER. One of the absolute worst teams, by far, at stopping the run. When Richardson came here, our defense actually practiced and prepared for an elite runningback, week in and week out. The opponents runningback would not be much better than Richardson regardless of who we would be playing. He gave the Defense good looks and prepared them well... That's just one of the reasons why I liked Trent, but I still think and believe that he'll come back someday, he has unfinished business here. Unlike Lebron, he was taken and didn't want to leave.

It should be interesting when we play them. Our run defense against the way they should be running then. It may be a passing league now but I sure do like us having a solid front on the D now

I don't believe we play them this year . . . unless it's a Playoff game, so not likely.

I am glad we got rid of that guy for a 1st rounder......he is a typical back....give me 5 carries in the NFL and I'd average what TR did...and I am at least 35-40 years older. After 5 carries, it starts to go down pretty quickly....I'll admit.

I'm not going to do what Everybody thinks I'm going to do again tonight.. and Freak out about Trent Richardson, maaan.

...I still kinda am though, :( not even trying to lie about it.

Do you think we'll get a heavy dose of Richardson chants on Sunday at Browns Stadium? Will there be protests? Will the stands be pretty bare? Just wondering if we will see an impact there or not. It's crazy that it's the BrownsBoard Game of the Year too. I hope you guys represent!

I like Richardson for lots of reason. None of them involve homosexual fantasies, sorry to let you all down there...

One of the reasons I like him so much: For years we could NEVER stop the run. NEVER. One of the absolute worst teams, by far, at stopping the run. When Richardson came here, our defense actually practiced and prepared for an elite runningback, week in and week out. The opponents runningback would not be much better than Richardson regardless of who we would be playing. He gave the Defense good looks and prepared them well... That's just one of the reasons why I liked Trent, but I still think and believe that he'll come back someday, he has unfinished business here. Unlike Lebron, he was taken and didn't want to leave.

your fantasy butt buddy spent the majority of practice with the trainers, nursing one of his many injuries. When was he ever not hurt? When?

Whatever, the tape speaks for itself.

Archived