Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

haha. lets just say they are assessing without emotion getting in the way

Just read the Simmons article... very good... http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9697327/game-changers

This wowed me...

"Shouldn't it mean something that, over and over again, quality running backs have fetched relatively cheap trade packages? Justin Higdon of DraftBrowns.com defended the Richardson deal and made a shrewd point: He's the first back since Ricky Williams to fetch a first-rounder in a trade. Normally, they go for much less. St. Louis gave up a fifth- and second-rounder for Marshall Faulk. Seattle gave up a fourth and a fifth for Lynch. Indy allowed Edgerrin James to leave for nothing. Now Richardson is fetching a first-round pick? Doesn't this seem … off?"

This made me laugh out loud...

"Translation: Thanks to that trade, the Browns are officially in Drowney for Clowney AND Play Dead for Ted mode."

And this may have been as persuasive as any bit...

"And by the way, Luck continues to get creamed behind a shaky offensive line; as Barnwell pointed out on Wednesday, he's getting knocked down at a legitimately unsustainable rate. Twice as much as any other starting QB, basically. So instead of Richardson propelling them to 10 or 11 wins, there's a much better chance this trade swings the other way, with Indy missing the playoffs and maybe even losing a top-10 pick. Our friends at PredictionMachine.com simulated the 2013 season 50,000 times and earmarked the "improved" Colts for 6.5 wins, projecting that they'd be handing Cleveland the sixth pick in next April's draft."

Thanks... moving on to read the Barnwell article.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/75160/the-browns-hit-reset-again-with-an-unprecedented-trade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim Brown pours praise upon Richardson By RAY ROBINSON | 7/26/2013, midnight
Jim-Brown-Trent-Richardson-cp_web_t580.j
Jim Brown and Trent Richardson

Trent Richardson shows spunk, spark and speed at camp

By Ray Robinson

Staff Writer

Browns running back, Trent Richardson, had eyebrows raised last year with people wondering if he was injury prone.

Richardson played hurt most of last season, and his numbers and performance suffered tremendously over what was anticipated from the then hard running rookie.

Eyebrows were raised on yesterday afternoon at the Browns training facility in Berea as Richardson showcased his wares to the media, fans and to the delightfully cheerful Browns upper management team.

His hands seemed to be spider-like as he snagged and snared the majority of the passes that were thrown in his direction.

His running appeared to be a step quicker than I remember, but, don't forget, we never really saw him play at full speed much last year because he played with broken ribs that prevented him from making hard cuts and taking the brutally hard hits that come from playing in the NFL.

Richardson admits to losing about five pounds, however, he seems to have lost a few pounds more. His physique shows it too. Although he was injured most of last year, his body was still cut and he was considered to still be in great physical condition. Now, he is ripped and ready to prove that he wasn't just a flash in the pan during his glory days in college.

Many people, including the Browns' brass, couldn't see Richardson being ready to compete at the start of training camp. Richardson, on the other hand had his mind set on being in camp, on time, in shape and ready to play at a level beyond what may have been expected of him.

He even got a ringing vote of approval from former Browns running back, Jim Brown. During a team meeting, Brown pulled Richardson in front of the room and continued to tell him how he has Browns' blessings and that he was wrong about labeling Richardson just an ordinary back, as Brown did last year.

Richardson was also spotted talking to new Browns owner, Jimmy Haslam during the practice.

"I just feel must better with my running and with my routes. I missed a lot of playing time last year, but I am here and in good shape, ready to paly some football," an excited Richardson exclaimed. " I lost weight, I'm at about 225 now. I played at 233 last year, but the ribs kept me from really digging in."

The fans loved his performance and they showed it with plenty of ohhs and ahhhs. He was mobbed by fans after he left the field. He talked with fans and signed a few autographs to boot.

Keep throwing out there that Jim Brown said Trent was ordinary and keep forgetting that he said he was wrong. I don't care, we know the truth.

lol This is from 2006... What happened THIS week in unacceptable.

I'll be back but I just found this real quick before I go...

97-year-old Browns fan reacts to trade

newsnet5.com

updated 9/20/2013 3:45:30 AM ET

Bette Mizer loves to talk with anyone about her beloved Cleveland Browns, but she's not happy about the decision to trade Trent Richardson.Mizer is 97-years-old so she has plenty of experience when it comes to dealing with the ups and downs of the brown and orange.

"We just lost Trent Richardson who we just hired this last year and he's gone far away to the Indianapolis Colts," Mizer said. Mizer, of Massillon, volunteers once a week at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. She greets visitors, asking them which NFL team is their favorite. There is no doubt which team she likes the most. Her lifelong love affair dates back more than 90 years, when at the age of 6 she started going to Browns games with her father.When the Browns won their last championship in 1964, Mizer was in the stadium.

"The mood was fantastic. Why wouldn't it be?" she said. Mizer's mood wasn't great when she learned of the Richardson trade. The running back was becoming her favorite player after the Browns didn't re-sign her previous favorite. "I always liked Phil Dawson, the kicker, but now he's gone," she said. Mizer explained that she'll always support the Browns, adding that "she's too old to change teams now. "She hopes the new regime has a plan in place to bring home a Super Bowl before she turns 100. And then, she repeated a familiar refrain known by Browns fans across the globe: "Wait until next year."

She then asked what her daughters name is for the 11th time.

Sorry G, I'm done. If you post a stat from the Hall of Fame to be RB that proves he is elite, then I will engage, but posting random stuff is only helping my point. Just so you know how you come off to at least me, but probably many others, is like a teenage girl who just learned that The Wanted broke up.........It's time for you to build a bridge and get over it.

Like I posted in another thread Emitt Smith, Bettis, Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk, Thurman Thomas didnt sniff 4.0ypc their first year. Hell Faulk avg 3.0ypc his 3rd season. Ypc is overblown. How many goaline and short yardage carries did Trent have? Trent is getting the blame because this FO failed to get players that could run block, get any weapons at wr to help the qb and take attention away from Trent. They also failed to put a winning team on the field. None of which was Trents fault. Dont give me a gm, coach needs 3 years b.s. That doesnt happen in the NFL anymore. And this is not about a qb either. Trent complained about the game planning so he was dealt. Simple, End of story. They will lose the locker room and in 2 years Browns will do it all over again. New coach, New gm all of it.

No, don't go fucking running away now! WATCH!!

2013 is now a throw away year...

I don't know about that. I am not a Browns fan but I had to say this. I don't think this trade is the end of the season. Someone mentioned that the Browns are now at the bottom with Jacksonville and Oakland but I don't agree. First, neither of those teams has Cleveland's defense. If the Browns start dismantling the defense and trading the likes of Haden then yes 2013 has been thrown away but until that happens Cleveland has a chance to still finish in the middle. Which ironically would kill their chance at a guy like Teddy but the Browns aren't dead and broken. McGahee is actually probably a short term improvement over TRich. And you still have Cameron and Gordon on offense. Sure they want to see what Hoyer can do but I will tell you as a Pats fan, he isn't that good. Weeden is easily the better QB. Now the Browns are in a tough situation here, if they want to go with Hoyer and improve their chances at losing then that will help them get worse but it will be at the expense of being able to get something for Weeden, which I am sure they could. If they do play Weeden and McGahee rushes for more than 3.5 yards per carry they may actually win more games. Trading Richardson is not the death knell that some may think. Just my opinion.

son, give it a rest. have some dignity

Isn't this dignity? Fighting for the fanbase, not being a sheep?

dig·ni·ty (d g n-t) n. pl. dig·ni·ties. 1. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect. 2. Inherent nobility and worth: the dignity of honest labor.

It's time the FO started respecting the hard working, paying and long suffering Browns Fans.

The Cleveland Browns Fans would like to challenge the Trade of Trent Richardson.

http://distyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/NFL_Challenge_Flag1.png

Isn't this dignity? Fighting for the fanbase, not being a sheep?

dig·ni·ty (d g n-t) n. pl. dig·ni·ties. 1. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect. 2. Inherent nobility and worth: the dignity of honest labor.

It's time the FO started respecting the hard working, paying and long suffering Browns Fans.

you are flogging a dead horse. TRich is gone forever and the Browns begin a new chapter tomorrow in gopherland. TRich was like a festering ass boil. You know sooner or later you are going to have to lance that thing. It gonna hurt like hell and reek of ass pus but it's gotta be done. I respect the FO for having the decisiveness to pull the trigger. who knows, maybe some of that resolution will filter down to the troops in the trenches tomorrow.

Yeah, the Colt's called Richardson a rolling bowling ball of butcher knives... I'm sure your analogy of an ass boil that needs lancing is much more apt to fit the description... quit licking your chest.

Some people on here are straight homers for the Browns. They refuse to see anything negative about the organization at all. Banner and Lombardi arent going to build a winner. They had this offseason to build something. Chud is suppose to be an offensive minded coach yet the offense is the same it has been the past how many seasons. They knew that Gordon was suspended for 2 gms and they didnt get any sort of wr help. You have Benjamin they dont utilize him at all. Hes fast and good in space. Yet no wr screens no attempt to get him the ball and let him run. The oline was suspect and they didnt bring anyone in to help. Weeden got abused for 2 gms and hes taking the blame. Banner said the franchise qb might be on the team already. He was refering to Hoyer the guy who is on his 4th team in 5 years. We know Lombardi likes him guess Banner does to. So basically he admitted the Richardson trade wasnt about getting a qb. D'qwell and Thomas are upset about the trade of course theyre not going to trash the team publicly. NFL radio had a 1 hr segment about the trade and how the Browns players dont like Banner and Lombardi and how Browns are a mess of an organization. Banner threw Chud under the bus by saying he was on board so now the players cant go to him about it. At least he could of smoothed it over by saying it was the fo guys who did it. Thsi didnt start with the Richardson trade. It started last yr when Banner was hired. Patterson was familar with him and players turned to him to find out what Banner was like. He told them he was a snake and dont trust him. Richardson was complaining about the game planning and bam now hes gone like Patterson. And they cant take credit for the defense. Most of the players were from before they were there. So tell me in one offseason what have they done? How many starters did they draft?

^+1

Cleveland at Minnesota: Trent Richardson became the first person in history to seem sad about leaving Cleveland. Here’s how people usually react when told they’re leaving Cleveland: Vikings 23, Browns 6.

http://i.imgur.com/S0zl2.gif

Sadly there is a difference between a spirited debate and talking with an upset homer.

I've yet to hear anyone make a compelling argument as to why trading Richardson was a bad thing. And I can't really see anyone complaining about it besides Poetic so far. But the posts may be there in the flurry of nonsense going on.

Personally I think his inability to make big runs and hit the hole quickly were blatantly obvious last season. I was screaming we should have been starting Hardesty...his only healthy season wasted while we trot out an injured T Rich every week. I welcome the change at the position, but I'm kind of bummed Lewis is injured.

Some people on here are straight homers for the Browns. They refuse to see anything negative about the organization at all. Banner and Lombardi arent going to build a winner. They had this offseason to build something. Chud is suppose to be an offensive minded coach yet the offense is the same it has been the past how many seasons. They knew that Gordon was suspended for 2 gms and they didnt get any sort of wr help. You have Benjamin they dont utilize him at all. Hes fast and good in space. Yet no wr screens no attempt to get him the ball and let him run. The oline was suspect and they didnt bring anyone in to help. Weeden got abused for 2 gms and hes taking the blame. Banner said the franchise qb might be on the team already. He was refering to Hoyer the guy who is on his 4th team in 5 years. We know Lombardi likes him guess Banner does to. So basically he admitted the Richardson trade wasnt about getting a qb. D'qwell and Thomas are upset about the trade of course theyre not going to trash the team publicly. NFL radio had a 1 hr segment about the trade and how the Browns players dont like Banner and Lombardi and how Browns are a mess of an organization. Banner threw Chud under the bus by saying he was on board so now the players cant go to him about it. At least he could of smoothed it over by saying it was the fo guys who did it. Thsi didnt start with the Richardson trade. It started last yr when Banner was hired. Patterson was familar with him and players turned to him to find out what Banner was like. He told them he was a snake and dont trust him. Richardson was complaining about the game planning and bam now hes gone like Patterson. And they cant take credit for the defense. Most of the players were from before they were there. So tell me in one offseason what have they done? How many starters did they draft?

Have you watched the Browns play this year? Benjamin can't catch and is worthless as a receiver because the DB's just push him down at the LoS. He needs to be returning kicks. If he gets hurt, too bad.

you don't think the jury is still out on weeden? i mean we did use a number one pick for him. he looked really good in some of the preseason games and had moments in the first 2 where people actually thought that hey he's starting to get it.

OR

do we trade him away too?

just asking.

I like Weeden a lot. I like his skill set and his personality. But I don't think the FA is sold on him and that's what ultimately matters.

Lombardi and Banner have big egos. They've shown that they want to erase any memory of the old regime and install their players. On Sunday, there will be 3 players drafted by Heckert starting on the offensive side of the ball, as opposed to the 10 offensive starters that were in this roster day one.

The thing I don't get is...our defense is filled with Heckert draft picks as well (Haden, Ward, Skrine, Taylor, Sheard, Winn), and the defense is looking really good. What's with the offense?

Exactly my point on Benjamin you have to get him the ball in space and let him make plays. Line him up in the backfield, reverses. The offense has veen bad for years yet this F.O. did nothing to address it in the offseason. Thus to me they have no credibilty. If Trich goes off this year will all of you still be apologists for this front office? These were bad hires by Haslem. He should have brought in someone to help him hire a CEO and GM.

Couch and I agree 100%. Those hard-nosed cold weather teams in Green Bay, New York, and New England seem to be pretty pass oriented, right? The Steelers have sucked ass at running the ball for a very long time, have been Ben's team for about 7 years, since Bettis, basically. And we know who the highest paid Raven is, and rightfully so. He carried them through the playoffs.

The Bengals got great value out of their new back (round 2?) Bernard... but let's get real: They're a pass first team, too. A.J., couple elite TEs, etc.

This notion that "you have to run to win" is just wrong. It's simply not true. There are BAD running teams winning championships (average rank of 10 Super Bowl participants before last year was 23rd with four 30th or lower). Running the ball well is NOT a commonality of winning teams. Having the best quarterbacks IS.

Some people just need to catch up. This new regime gets it: The 2011 trade (Julio Jones for Weeden, Little, and Taylor) looks worse and worse by the day. The 2012 draft is a disaster of epic proportions. Heckert sucked ass. The architecture of today's team is first, second and third, get a great quarterback. And then rush the passer. That is all.

Everyone is so quick to glorify the hard-nosed, tough AFC North teams.

"This is the AFC North, brother. Where men are men and eat steel sandwiches and shit brick buildings. We play in 70 MPH swirling winds off Lake Erie and battle through 10 ft. Deep snow storms. Passing the ball is for pussies and we'll show the league with our hard nosed, run between the tackles team and bruising RB's."

The 12 postseason QB's of 2012 ranked the following in QB rating during the regular season: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th,13th, 14th,22nd and 26th.

The first 4 QBs out were the ones ranked 26th, 22nd, 14th, and 3rd. And the 3rd ranked QB (Rg3) was eliminated by the 4th ranked QB (Wilson).

8 of the top 10 QB's made the postseason.

3 of the top 15 QBs are AFC North QB's. The other AFC North QB...29th.

I have about 15 counter points to your stupid argument and I'm drunk and operating on 1 hour of sleep on 72 hours of work.

I know you wish that this was the AFC North of old, where guys could leave their blue collar jobs and walk to the stadium with their lunch pails and watch a tough nosed RB grind out 100 hard fought yards and beat the opposing team 14-7. But it's not. Nowadays, if you score 14 points in the NFL...you more than likely are going to lose by 10.

Trent Richardson led us to 5 wins. That's it. Those are the facts. Blame OL all you want but we have two first rounders, a second rounder and a third rounder on our line...which is a lot more invested that other teams are.

We have a lot of holes, but until we get a franchise QB we will never win. Those are the facts. You can either choose to be an adult and accept it or bitch about trivial matters and think you're right when you're not.

The right QB changes everything.

I know you're going to say, but we've had 17 QBs and no one did anything...so it must be something else.

Look at the QB's we've had. Which one has gone on to have a career anywhere else? Outside of Tim Couch, when was the last time we even attempted to draft a franchise QB? Weeden? He was a late 1st round flyer who would have slipped to the second (or third). McCoy? He was a mid round project QB. Quinn? He was projected a top 10 pick and fell to 22 after concerns about a lack of an NFL caliber arm and unprofessional attitude.

We just kind of take a questionable pick and then go "Well, we'll take whatever QB is on the board with our next pick."

Couch was the only time in recent history we've taken a franchise QB and he was fucked from jump street.

EDIT: and we're getting new uni's next year

Archived