Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

Not drafting Tannehill at #4 is going to be added to Holmgren/Heckert's horrific resume, too. Choosing NOT to get Julio Jones, Tannehill, and Doug Martin? Uh, that's the definition of "unemployed."

So shut up, Holmgren. Your personnel acumen is beyond dreadful. Didn't you trade for Charlie Frye?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best endorsement of the trade ever is Holmgren dissing it. Seriously. He traded for Charlie Frye. He got on the table for Colt McCoy. He signed Jake Delhomme. He was part of trading Julio Jones basically straight up for a NT (since Weeden and Little haven't added any value). He passed on Tannehill to trade up and take a RB... AT NUMBER THREE... IN 2012!!!!!

That means you suck at personnel, which was always the ding on Holmgren. Lombardi thinking all of that sounds Retarded? Well, guys, he's right. Banner and Lombardi getting a first round pick for Richardson was amazing. Getting upgraded draft picks in 2014 (5 for 4, 4 for 3) in a much better draft? Stop it. That's amazing. Being willing to cut guys like Kellen Davis, guys they signed? Ballsy.

I like everything they've done. Well, I might've drafted E.J. Manuel, but I ain't complaining about Mingo. Great pick. They got talked into giving Weeden and chance and he looked exactly the same. They knew they couldn't win shit with him so it's about gearing up to seriously make a difference come offseason and draft.

Nothing there to knock.

Last time I am going to reply to one of your inane posts...

Some people on here are straight homers for the Browns. They refuse to see anything negative about the organization at all.

You're new here, right? Plenty of folks criticized the drafting of TR and Weeden when it was done. We disagree with you now...

I guess who the "homer" is is just a matter of timing....

Banner and Lombardi arent going to build a winner. They had this offseason to build something.

You gave them one whole year? Awesome...

Chud is suppose to be an offensive minded coach yet the offense is the same it has been the past how many seasons.

No... the offense is different. Results are the same (so far), but the offense is different.

Cases in point are the utilizaton of our budding stud of a TE, use of a pistol formation and increased use of a full-blown shotgun.

They knew that Gordon was suspended for 2 gms and they didnt get any sort of wr help. You have Benjamin they dont utilize him at all. Hes fast and good in space. Yet no wr screens no attempt to get him the ball and let him run.

You don't get quality "help" for 2 games... C'mon man...

They did sign Bess for the long run.

Benji now returns punts, which counts for something... and he's had some issues catching as well...

The oline was suspect and they didnt bring anyone in to help.

On paper the O-line was decent, but not deep. Injuries to 2 of your 3 best OG's tend to derail things.

Weeden got abused for 2 gms and hes taking the blame.

First, QB always does. Second, the offense has been taylored to Wheezy's "strengths", yet they are still difficult to see. Third, the staff stood behind him as starter from near day one, thru preseason and two regular season losses. Only when injured and unable to play was he replaced.

Banner said the franchise qb might be on the team already. He was refering to Hoyer the guy who is on his 4th team in 5 years. We know Lombardi likes him guess Banner does to. So basically he admitted the Richardson trade wasnt about getting a qb.

He may have been referring to Hoyer... Maybe Weeden... Maybe he's lying...

He's not going to tip his hand. If he did, you'd be on him for doing so...

And why not give Hoyer a shot. Of course Hoyer is liked; if he was not liked, he would not be here.

D'qwell and Thomas are upset about the trade of course theyre not going to trash the team publicly.

And yet you heard they were disgruntled "on the radio."

NFL radio had a 1 hr segment about the trade and how the Browns players dont like Banner and Lombardi and how Browns are a mess of an organization. Banner threw Chud under the bus by saying he was on board so now the players cant go to him about it. At least he could of smoothed it over by saying it was the fo guys who did it.

So your solution to a group of dusgruntled players would be to have your HC tell them "I'm pissed, too?" You clearly do not know shit about the psychology of organizations.

Thsi didnt start with the Richardson trade. It started last yr when Banner was hired. Patterson was familar with him and players turned to him to find out what Banner was like. He told them he was a snake and dont trust him.

LOL... I wonder why a the word of a player who has been with 5 teams in 10 years is golden in your book?

Richardson was complaining about the game planning and bam now hes gone like Patterson. And they cant take credit for the defense. Most of the players were from before they were there. So tell me in one offseason what have they done? How many starters did they draft?

Well... they moved us from an average 4-3 to a near stellar 3-4. Drafted a stud DE/OLB that suffered a bruised lung (should have sen that coming).

They did not have a second round pick as the prior FO used that one.

Traded their 3 and 4 (upgrading both in 2014) and did not pull any miracles in rounds 5 thru 7, where projects abound and starters are rare.

However, they signed Kruger (solid, veteran 3-4 OLB) and Des Bryant (solid 3-4 DE)...

Exactly my point on Benjamin you have to get him the ball in space and let him make plays. Line him up in the backfield, reverses. The offense has veen bad for years yet this F.O. did nothing to address it in the offseason. Thus to me they have no credibilty. If Trich goes off this year will all of you still be apologists for this front office? These were bad hires by Haslem. He should have brought in someone to help him hire a CEO and GM.

Your point is that we need to put him in the backfield, a clear sign that it's a passing play because he's obviously not going to be pass blocking. You're a wet biscuit Retard.

LOL... So it is a passing league?

Tannehill is getting easier and easier to pick at that #4 spot, but he sure as hell was not a cinch on draft day 2012.

Not even for me and I was high on his potential.

Lets just make a thread where PG posts replies to himself about TR and end this drivel.

Agree... and rig it to where only Formula 409lions and he can see it...

Mods? Doable?

She then asked what her daughters name is for the 11th time.

LMAO....

Sorry G, I'm done. If you post a stat from the Hall of Fame to be RB that proves he is elite, then I will engage, but posting random stuff is only helping my point. Just so you know how you come off to at least me, but probably many others, is like a teenage girl who just learned that The Wanted broke up.........It's time for you to build a bridge and get over it.

Yup... me, too...

Wait??? What?? The Wanted broke up?

I'll bet the list of non-HOF RB's who averaged less than 4.0 ypc is longer...

I heard quite enough of Fajita for a lifetime. He's a rainbow loving sissypants that never did a thing in Cleveland while collecting a check. He's jealous that Trent was the face of the franchise.

Never did a thing? Was the brains that made the Rob Ryan D work, yet did not do a thing? Wow...

and if they totally screw the 2014 draft up there will unmitigated outrageous call for lopping off both their heads.

I'll be there as well, if it happens...

Norv Turner offense is based on long passes. Yet the online can't pass block so plays cant develop. Your facing constant pressure so where's the screens to the rb, te, or wr's? How about a draw play? My point with Benjamin is you move him around instead of playing out wide not being to get off the line. Look at Calvin Johnson he plays slot,x,y hes also lined up in the backfield. Get Benjamin on a lb create a mismatch. The Browns d has been decent for a few years, but they would lose games 13-6 because no offense. Its the same now. Their was a need at wr regardless if he was suspended or not. The Browns suffer from not having playmakers on offense. This offseason they didnt address it in the draft or fa. Who drafted that young TE? Not Banner so they dont get credit for that. They did nothing in first offseason. The team is still bad on offense. Yes after one year im discouraged by this front office. It doesnt take 3 years to build a winner is evident by a few teams every season. You traded the #3 pick for what will be a middle or late 1st rd pick. Roy Williams the wr got traded for a 1st, 3rd and 5th. Not impressed. Wasnt impressed with Holmgren either. Browns won 5 last year I expect an improvement over that. Also more picks are just that more picks. Doesnt mean they'll be good picks. I surely wouldnt trust Lombardi to make them. And Patterson being on multiple teams has nothing to do with his credibility. He made the remarks before he was released. Chud didnt have to say he was mad about the Richardson trade he could have simply said it was out of his hands. Also NFL network has access to players, personel for the Browns they have no reason to talk about it if their isnt something there. In only 2 games they have alienated the locker room. They are doomed to fail.

Its really hard to say. We don't know where the Colts draft pick will be, for all we know it could be top 10. Especially if Luck goes down due to his lousy line. Or they could be in the superbowl. The quality of the player we can get right now for that pick is really variable.

I'm of the thought that running backs are a dime a dozen. So the browns are ahead by default...though sort of down since they drafted t rich in the first place. Give me a cheap 5th round scat back like Dion Lewis and I'm perfectly content.

I think the move helped ensure we will be able to snag a 1st round QB with our pick and then a WR or CB with that colts pick. Or package them up if its at all possible, to snag the top QB.

Um..yes it's hard to say, because if it were easy to say there would be no need for a poll.

The browns get ripped off. Trich is a stud and will be awesome for the Colts.

The draft will be QB rich, and whichever QB the browns select will be the wrong guy...and if you think that the scenario I presented is outrageous, you as a browns fan are in extreme denial.

We could have gotten:

First Round Pick

Second Round Pick

Fourth Round Pick

Second Round Pick

This is the Price to receive a franchise runningback.

You're out of your damn mind. the Chiefs got Alex Smith a franchise QUARTERBACK for a second round pick, and another conditional. The Saints landed Drew Brees- who happens to now have HOF credentials for a sack of seeds. BTW, in today's NFL quarterbacks have at least 5 times, if not 10 times the value of running backs.

Ricky Williams is the ONLY other RB that ever garnered a first round pick in exchange. EDIT= recent history. The Hershell Walker trade may go down as the most lopsided trade in the history of the NFL- it sent the Cowboys to multiple Super Bowls, and well, guess the rest- look it up if you have to. Most top RB trades are third round compensation- or even lower. It doesn't matter a damn thing where Richardson was drafted- if you'd take off your man-love blinders for 1\2 a second and listen to the background noise- RICHARDSON WAS DRAFTED WAY TOO EARLY- I said so two years ago, you weren't listening then- and you're sure not listening now. Not only that dumbass Heckert- must have been on a booze bender-even gave up picks to move up one spot to take him- when all along the Vikes were taking Kalil. I can now safely rate that move a solid F on how it turned out.

As a season ticket holder it totally sucks that the Browns are officially tanking the season before the first day of Fall- but really- I saw a stat where teams that lose their first two games only have a 8-9% chance of making the Playoffs. so we weren't going to the Promised land this year- with or without Trent. I've calmed down some- let's just say it was a totally ballsy move on the part of the Browns- and didya know- washed up Willis McGahee had a better ypc than Trent last year?

Teddy Twatwater, yay, playing in that powerhouse Big East.

Andrew Luck isn't in this draft

FYI a bum named Johnny Unitas played for Louisville. Bret Farve played for Southern Miss. Marino? Pitt- real powerhouses there. :)

We could have gotten:

First Round Pick

Second Round Pick

Fourth Round Pick

Second Round Pick

This is the Price to receive a franchise runningback.

where has this EVER been the price for a Franchise RB??? Do u have any examples? If this is the case then Minnesota made one of the worst draft day trades ever. And every single team in the leaguedropped the ball not moving up to get Richardson for the little assets we gave up for him.

Couch and I agree 100%. Those hard-nosed cold weather teams in Green Bay, New York, and New England seem to be pretty pass oriented, right? The Steelers have sucked ass at running the ball for a very long time, have been Ben's team for about 7 years, since Bettis, basically. And we know who the highest paid Raven is, and rightfully so. He carried them through the playoffs.

This notion that "you have to run to win" is just wrong. It's simply not true.

well you are right and everyone else is wrong...once again. talk to me in december when any #1 WR is scratching at the iced field trying to get open let alone off the line.

have you really been gone that long?

well you are right and everyone else is wrong...once again. talk to me in december when any #1 WR is scratching at the iced field trying to get open let alone off the line.

You make it sound like everybody plays on ice in December.

NFL stadiums have subterranean hydronic hearing systems to heat the soil in the winter months. Even the "Frozen Tundra" of Lambeau has a field heater.

Once again, this isn't the 1950's where guys would get off of work and go play football on Sundays and then take their jerseys home for their wives to wash.

ONE LATE FIRST ROUND PICK?!

THAT IS NOT GOOD VALUE!!

Pretty much a second rounder after the fact. Jim Irsay would have been willing to give up MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more to get Richardson.

#The MOTHER OF ALL TRADES!

#SHOCK AND AWE!!!

Like I said, the Falcons gave up much more to move up from 22 or so to pick Julio Jones... this is a worse deal by a great down and distance!

Again how is that not good value. Cause I was looking at similar trades for a RB and I came across Reggie Bush who , like him or not, Richardson can't hold his jock strap in college or in the pros. The saints traded him for a backup and 6th round pick. And miami didn't even resign him to a contract. Like anyone gives a shit what Irsay has to say. Of course he's gonna say that shit. He's about as football savey as Jerry Jones.

At first I thought u were joking about all the shit u say about Trich. Buy low and behold I can see u sitting in ur little mancave basement with all the Trich gear. Home and away jerseys from both years. All the bobble heads. Posters. Autographs u stood in line with all the little kids to get. Surrounded by all that CRAP and ur crying. Watching the replay of him de-helmeting Coleman in one of his longest career runs. Probably an asshole to be around since the trade. Maybe even kicked ur dog whim Uve cleverly named Richardson.

Don't usually like to troll anyone but u deserve this with all ur jackass posts.

You mean like the Pack, Pats, Giants, etc., last few years? Have you been out of the country?

BaconHound, on 19 Sept 2013 - 6:10 PM, said:

Teddy Twatwater, yay, playing in that powerhouse Big East.

Andrew Luck isn't in this draft

actually, Louisville is in the American Athletic Conference. They start their ACC schedule in 2014 where the competition stiffens a bit.

I'm still not totally convinced about our D, and even still they're a couple injuries away from being devastated not to mention the morale factor.

It's a long season and with our anemic Offense they're going to break down.

Kind of reminds me how people were crowning Weeden as gold after two pre season games then look what happened, where's your I told you so threads now?

Everyone keeps saying that RBs are a dime a dozen.

Then how come we don't have one? We don't have a dime?

We don't have one NFL carry on our tailback depth chart and we play a league game in three days.

Zombo

No shit, and they sign a 32 year old cripple with no future or upside past this waste of a season.

so? He's got a shiny new jersey- ditto Ryan Leaf. Browns? Courtless Brown, Spare Change Warren, Smokin the Green Willie, Knievel Winsow, Butterfingers Braylon, Camlock Wimbley and your point would be?

Ya want to know why the Browns have sucked forever? There you have it.

Tell you what PG Richardson rushes for 1200+ yards this season and 12+ TDs (I could make it 2,000+ to guarantee ll never have to pay up) I'll even give you a pair of my season tickets How that?

Isn't this dignity? Fighting for the fanbase, not being a sheep?

dig·ni·ty (d g n-t) n. pl. dig·ni·ties. 1. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect. 2. Inherent nobility and worth: the dignity of honest labor.

It's time the FO started respecting the hard working, paying and long suffering Browns Fans.

man we know how much TR meant to you but as of right now...he's gone. ya gotta reel it all in and deal with it.

you are flogging a dead horse. TRich is gone forever and the Browns begin a new chapter tomorrow in gopherland. TRich was like a festering ass boil. You know sooner or later you are going to have to lance that thing. It gonna hurt like hell and reek of ass pus but it's gotta be done. I respect the FO for having the decisiveness to pull the trigger. who knows, maybe some of that resolution will filter down to the troops in the trenches tomorrow.

if you happen to meet him on the teilgate on the 29th, do me a favor and take good care of the kid.

you know he means well. maybe a couple of face mask oxygen bong hits of the chronic will set him at peace.

DISCLAIMER: I, NOR THE BROWNS BOARD SUPPORT LEWD AND ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR. THIS IS NOT FROM AN ANIMAL FREE HOUSE NOR A SMOKE FREE HOUSE....agent scully. you sexy bitch you.

4uuh.jpg

You mean like the Pack, Pats, Giants, etc., last few years? Have you been out of the country?

and what were those franchises built on? really? (giants:brandon jacobs, joe morris and do i have to name the defense? GB: looks mediocre w/o a running game. pats would hire a guy at the barber shop for a running game as long as they had their tight ends and receivers. how's that working out for them, the steelers etc.) y'all will never get it huh? huge lines, tough runners, sufficient passing game and GEATdefense wins championships. period.)

not trying to start an argument

BUT if you don't think those teams were most dominate when they had the run game then you were floating around uranus,

actually, Louisville is in the American Athletic Conference. They start their ACC schedule in 2014 where the competition stiffens a bit.

hit me up homey cuz that shit is funny as hell.

BIG EAST football? (cough....choke....laugh!!)

Archived