THE BROWNS BOARD

Stockton Shorts Discusses Brian Hoyer

StocktonShorts

So Stockon posts the second Hoyer has a bad game but is gone while they win? Dude, just go suck a fat baby's dick and give it up. I believe most people here are tired of your shit and agenda. Just walk away, your not gonna change anybody's opinion. If you are a true Browns fan you support who's playing right now, not who you want!

He posted after our last couple of wins, but not as much. Still the same old though, Hoyer sucks blah blah I can't enjoy a win if Hoyer is our QB.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Stockon posts the second Hoyer has a bad game but is gone while they win? Dude, just go suck a fat baby's dick and give it up. I believe most people here are tired of your shit and agenda. Just walk away, your not gonna change anybody's opinion. If you are a true Browns fan you support who's playing right now, not who you want!

Just curious, why a fat baby?

Just curious, why a fat baby?

The evolution of dick sucking put downs has really come a long way.

I always got a kick out if the animal sub genre. You know, go suck a donkey dick, and the like.

I really think we need to see more of the celebrity sub genre personally. Go suck Jeff Goldbloom's dick while Whoopie Goldberg spoons creamed corn into your ass. That kinda thing.

Once again Hoyer is not the future.

Should be obvious to everyone by now.

You don't build a house and wait until its time to furnish it and go "Time to switch out the foundation"

You build around your QB. Find the QB then build with that QB.

Thats how you have a chance at the playoffs for 10 straight years and not just 1 year in which you have the easiest schedule in the NFL (and despite that if the playoffs were next week we wouldn't make it)

Too bad the season doesn't end after 10 games.

"Theres No Reason To Rush Him"

Dont you think he should get in game OTJ training? If he is our starter next year.. wouldnt it be good if he got 5-6 games under his belt so he has seen live bullets? That makes sense to me. You wouldnt want him to start off next season unprepared. It would be unfair to judge him then. Now the he would be in his second year.. people will expect more.. but its unfair to expect more if he's never played. Thats why you give him games THIS year.. so NEXT year you can get a better judgement of his play

Then Green Bay should have cut Aaron Rodgers. He threw a grand total of 35 passes his first three years, and his combined qbr for the first two was around 42. You put Manziel in and it turns out he totally sucks, we blow a playoff opportunity- you think it's all going to be peace and harmony in Berea and on the Lakefront?

Yeah- he can get his playing time this year in garbage time, or when the Browns get eliminated from playoff contention. Guys like Joe Thomas and Joe Haden are sick & tired of losing. They're not in the mood to do a quarterback experiment with the team at 6-4. I'd say 90% of the fanbase thinks likewise.

Insider rumors had it that Hoyer began his 3 game trial period starting with the Bengals. Better be 2-1. If Brian plays like crap against the 32nd ranked pass defense with Josh Gordon back, well then the Manziel homos have a lot more traction to their argument Manziel should be starting.

Those two things are known, everything else is just a waste of time. What are you doing then? Honestly tell me. What are you going to prove if the Browns make the 6 seed and then start a 2nd year QB that has never seen the field before next year, against a 1st or 2nd in the division schedule no less. Is that how you build long term? Or even worse you resign Hoyer. Then its medocre from here until the eyes can see.

Browns have played the easiest schedule in the NFL and if the playoffs started next week the Browns would finish 10th in the conference. What more do you need to find out about this year?

I've said it since day 1, this is all a waste of time. "Oh Stockton being in the playoff hunt is a waste of time huh?" yes. Yes it is. It only goes to show how small time you people are. You care more about this team, which isn't that good, having a chance at the playoffs NOW then setting this franchise up for the future.

Again- they play 16 games, not 10.

RED= you're nuts. You have no f**king clue if Manziel is that rarest of all birds- the next Brady or Peyton Manning, guys who can pull off consistent 10 win seasons, even if they're surrounded by garbage. .Sure as hell the Browns management isn't going to throw a potential playoff run in the toilet, just to find out NOW if JFF is. Speaking of "finding the franchise qb" see Manning, Brady, and maybe Rodgers- I believe Drew Breese and Matt Ryan qualify as "franchise quarterbacks" funny, they've won less games than Hoyer this year. Phillip Rivers is about as "franchise" as they come, and he can't get his team to the playoffs every year either.

Finally- in regards to other teams stacking the box, getting Gordon back will put a quick end to that. Who says so? Donte Whitner.

They absolutely built around Russell Wilson.

this right here proves you know dick about football. they didn't build around russell wilson. that team was stacked the second he went in the game.

Retard: the throbbing vein in the neck of every true brown's fan.

this right here proves you know dick about football. they didn't build around russell wilson. that team was stacked the second he went in the game.

Retard: the throbbing vein in the neck of every true brown's fan.

Yeah- he forgets the reason the Seahawks won that super Bowl- a defense studly enough to make Peyton Manning look like dog doo-doo, and Marshawn Lynch.

Russell Wilson? Every qb gets praised to heaven after a new Super Bowl win. Giants fans would like nothing better than to run Eli Manning out of town.

Giants fans would like nothing better than to run Eli Manning out of town.

that's what happens when you don't draft correctly. the giants have always been built around a stud OL with a serious running game and a stacked defense. like i said in another thread: take away that and any QB will look like brandon weeden on a bad day. without repairing any of it for 2 years now i think eli is shell shocked and would do both the team and himself a favor by going somewhere else.

Do you genuinely believe that Hoyer has said that to Farmer? That it's not, at most, his agent stirring shit? Because it definitely sounds like a lot of nonsense cooked up by the media that completely contradicts everything we know about Hoyer's persona.

Don't answer - this is a Tate thread and we shouldn't hijack it with other stuff. Feel free to reply somewhere else though.

Hoyer has said it himself to the media directly.

Theres a lot more than 5 Franchise QBs.

Then listing ten more should be no problem.

And go...

You build around your QB.

Wait... I thought great QBs were enough? That they could overcome deficiencies all around them... win unwinnable games... Not so? Whatever...

Name three teams that have successfully taken the "build around the QB" approach. Since there are so many franchise QBs, it should again be easy.

EDIT: Nevermind... saw your bullshit examples... Just more StockBoy handwaving at a different level.

Seems the trend lately has been getting a team and then plugging in the franchise guy.

See:

1.) Denver

2.) Seattle

3.) Chiefs

4.) Packers

5.) Indy?

6.) AZ?

Up next: Bengals?, Browns?, Chicago?, Houston?, Buffalo?

The teams who get a QB before everything else: Vikings, Jags, Raiders, Falcons

Regardless there's many right ways to build a team. Plugging "the guy" into a well built team seems to help them flourish more than plugging a guy into a more hapless team like the vikings, falcons, jags, jets, raiders

Seems the trend lately has been getting a team and then plugging in the franchise guy.

See:

1.) Denver

2.) Seattle

3.) Chiefs

4.) Packers

5.) Indy?

6.) AZ?

Regardless there's many right ways to build a team. Plugging "the guy" into a well built team seems to help them flourish more than plugging a guy into a more hapless team like the vikings, falcons, jags, jets, raiders

Good points.

The ones plugged into built teams get to safely perform out of the gate and do well.

The ones plugged into bad teams first and then "built around", usually get broken and then fail. The list is too long to even research or type. But some names that quickly come to mind are Tim Couch, David Carr, RGIII & Sam Bradford, who all died on the vine waiting for the "build".

It makes you wonder if BH isn't just the likable sacrificial lamb being used to build around, while protecting the prodigal son from any harm as he grows up.

See:

1.) Denver

2.) Seattle

3.) Chiefs

4.) Packers

5.) Indy?

6.) AZ?

Can't explain how dumb this list is.

Denver got Peyton Manning. They were going to be good either way.

Seattle was 7-9 before Wilson

Arizona (who I don't think belongs on this list) was 5-11 before Palmer

Indy was 2-14 before Luck

Chiefs were 2-14 before Smith

Packers are the best scenario, they were 13-3 before Rodgers, then 6-10 his first year (after sitting 4 years) and they had to rebuild the roster around him.

None of those teams were "Ready" teams before they got their QB (Except maybe Denver) They all grew with their QB. As did Atlanta (as someone tried to throw in Matt Ryan as "rushed too soon" that guy has been the #1 seed and in a NFC Championship. By this boards standards thats HOF quality).

Quarterback is a like a boner in a whore house - you're only as good as your protection.

Make that a celebrity boner and involve a canned vegetable and you may be onto something...

Do you think Robert Griffin III is a good QB? How about Matt Schaub? Do you think they're good QBs? I don't.

However both those guys in their first full season in this EXACT same offense put up these numbers

RGIII 65.6% completions 20TDs 102.4 Rating
Schaub 67.9% completions 29TDs 98.6 Rating

Hoyer right now 55.7% completions 11TDs 86 Rating

Those other two QBs aren't even good. Schaub is a bum and RGIII doesn't even know any QB mechanics and they blew Hoyer out of the water in this system. Thats how bad Hoyer is. The most QB friendly system in the universe and he's dead last in completion % in the NFL in it.

"Oh but Stockton the run game" Shut up. The run game is failing because nobody is scared of Brian Hoyer. Teams loading up against the run only opens more opportunities up for the passing game, not less.
Put it this way, right now Tom Brady has the 31st ranked rushing O.
Andrew Luck has the 25th ranked rushing O.
Big Ben 19th.
Phillip Rivers 29th.

Aaron Rodgers 13th.
Hell Arizona is 30th in rushing. Why are they not struggling?

And before you go "Well the offensive line..." I'll stop you there.
The Oline in RGIIIs first year was 23rd in Pass Protection.
In Schaubs year his Oline was 16th in pass protection.
Browns pass protection is 8th.

"But Stockton the Wide Receivers"
Right now the Browns have the second least drops in the entire NFL. Second LEAST.

In RGIIIs rookie year, the Redskins LED THE LEAGUE IN DROPS. Led the entire NFL.

Hoyer is a Miller High Life in a Champagne League.

Do you think Robert Griffin III is a good QB? How about Matt Schaub? Do you think they're good QBs? I don't.

However both those guys in their first full season in this EXACT same offense put up these numbers

RGIII 65.6% completions 20TDs 102.4 Rating

Schaub 67.9% completions 29TDs 98.6 Rating

Hoyer right now 55.7% completions 11TDs 86 Rating

Those other two QBs aren't even good. Schaub is a bum and RGIII doesn't even know any QB mechanics and they blew Hoyer out of the water in this system. Thats how bad Hoyer is. The most QB friendly system in the universe and he's dead last in completion % in the NFL in it.

"Oh but Stockton the run game" Shut up. The run game is failing because nobody is scared of Brian Hoyer. Teams loading up against the run only opens more opportunities up for the passing game, not less.

Put it this way, right now Tom Brady has the 31st ranked rushing O.

Andrew Luck has the 25th ranked rushing O.

Big Ben 19th.

Phillip Rivers 29th.

Aaron Rodgers 13th.

Hell Arizona is 30th in rushing. Why are they not struggling?

And before you go "Well the offensive line..." I'll stop you there.

The Oline in RGIIIs first year was 23rd in Pass Protection.

In Schaubs year his Oline was 16th in pass protection.

Browns pass protection is 8th.

"But Stockton the Wide Receivers"

Right now the Browns have the second least drops in the entire NFL. Second LEAST.

In RGIIIs rookie year, the Redskins LED THE LEAGUE IN DROPS. Led the entire NFL.

Hoyer is a Miller High Life in a Champagne League.

You can look at stats or you can look at a player's intangibles, your call. Nothing you can do when you have zero protection and cookie cutter recievers that can't make a play or get open unless they're set up perefectly.

PS: die

Please review the footage and post the box counts for at least one of the games where you believe this has occurred.

Those issues were addressed in the post.

And please list these "intangibles".....

Geat feel for the game, goes through his progressions, reads the field,good decisions, great touch, usually very accurate when his team allows him to get into a rhythm, knows how to switch up velocity on throws, great at hitting recievers I coverage squeezing it through tight windows, good technique, acceptable footwork. And his best attribute, his leadership and ability to get a team behind him. Makes his team better. And the dude is just a winner, always steps it up big time when we need him most. You can thank the protection and recievers' inability to do anything for his 4th quarter Sunday. Two completely different teams last year when hoyer was in and when weeden and Campbell were in. Only a handful of QB's could have been as succesful as hoyer up to this point in the season.

Geat feel for the game, goes through his progressions, reads the field,good decisions, great touch, usually very accurate when his team allows him to get into a rhythm, knows how to switch up velocity on throws, great at hitting recievers I coverage squeezing it through tight windows, good technique, acceptable footwork. And his best attribute, his leadership and ability to get a team behind him. Makes his team better. And the dude is just a winner, always steps it up big time when we need him most. You can thank the protection and recievers' inability to do anything for his 4th quarter Sunday. Two completely different teams last year when hoyer was in and when weeden and Campbell were in. Only a handful of QB's could have been as succesful as hoyer up to this point in the season.

There is nothing in this post that is supported by facts. Not a single thing. From the fact hes terribly inaccurate (worst in the NFL) always has been, and right to the point where he makes his "team better". Meanwhile in losses everyone is complaining about how the team didn't play well. How is that making the team "better"?

I agree there were a a couple drops in the 4th on Sunday. The INT wasn't Hoyers fault. Now what do you do to explain away his 3rd quarter that saw him go 2-11?

Why is it if you point out that Hoyer is stinking up the joing (51% 4TD 4INT sub 80 Rating last 5 games) You're "Not a true Browns fan" however its perfectly fine for everyone to throw the OLine (8th in pass protection) and the WRs core (2nd least drops in the NFL) under the bus and still be a "True Browns fan"?

Please review the footage and post the box counts for at least one of the games where you believe this has occurred.

Happens every game. Not only that, but you don't have to just load up the box to stop the run. You can play man and simply dedicate your interior D to stopping the run, leaving maybe a safety high just for a deep chuck.

Thats what teams do. Its not an argument anymore.

There is nothing in this post that is supported by facts. Not a single thing. From the fact hes terribly inaccurate (worst in the NFL) always has been, and right to the point where he makes his "team better". Meanwhile in losses everyone is complaining about how the team didn't play well. How is that making the team "better"?

I agree there were a a couple drops in the 4th on Sunday. The INT wasn't Hoyers fault. Now what do you do to explain away his 3rd quarter that saw him go 2-11?

Why is it if you point out that Hoyer is stinking up the joing (51% 4TD 4INT sub 80 Rating last 5 games) You're "Not a true Browns fan" however its perfectly fine for everyone to throw the OLine (8th in pass protection) and the WRs core (2nd least drops in the NFL) under the bus and still be a "True Browns fan"?

Like I said, you can look at stats or at intangibles and watch the games. I'm not even going to bother explaining why those stats you put up are completely pointless in context. I'm done with you, you're an idiot and have an agenda. Seriously tho, go die

Like I said, you can look at stats or at intangibles and watch the games. I'm not even going to bother explaining why those stats you put up are completely pointless in context. I'm done with you, you're an idiot and have an agenda. Seriously tho, go die

You're done because you've run out of legs to stand on.

I've watched every game. If you're still under the mindset that Brian Hoyer is a Franchise QB, a long term answer, then there is no way you've watched every game this year.

This is what has happened around here. Everyone accusing everyone who isn't on board with Hoyer of being a "Johnny Fanboy" when in reality you're all just Hoyer fanboys. You're more in love with Hoyer then you are the Browns. If cared more about the Browns you wouldn't think much of Hoyer and certainly wouldn't jump to defend him, while throwing the rest of the team under the bus, after a 30 incompletion game.

Brain Fanboys are the problem. People too blind to see the truth because they're in love with the local kid. You care more about Hoyer than you do the Browns and its proven when you trash everyone on the team except for Hoyer.

Archived