THE BROWNS BOARD

It's Hoyer

hx214

What Im trying to "convince" you of is that even though he is our starter on Sunday.. not everyone internally agrees that he should be. That is HUGE. Shannahan pointed out he was excited about Johnny.. and made sure to point out it was Pettines decision.. not his.

This in addition to the recent player texts that came out today in support of Johnny>Hoyer..

It goes to show that Brian.. doesnt have the full support of the locker room.. which is one of the reasons people use to support putting him in on Sunday in the first place

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Im trying to "convince" you of is that even though he is our starter on Sunday.. not everyone internally agrees that he should be. That is HUGE. Shannahan pointed out he was excited about Johnny.. and made sure to point out it was Pettines decision.. not his.

This in addition to the recent player texts that came out today in support of Johnny>Hoyer..

It goes to show that Brian.. doesnt have the full support of the locker room.. which is one of the reasons people use to support putting him in on Sunday in the first place

The division has been true to some degree all season. They can think what the want about who the man is BUT on Sunday they all get paid to back the guy taking the ball. It is sort of like at work. I think the new sales manager I have is a dick. He is not good at his job in my opinion. I still however go out, work hard and sell. Why ??? It gets me paid and excelling gets me more money. Same deal for professional athletes.

are you sure you're not a kardasian or a member of TMZ? why, as a fan, do you want to 'sensationalize' everything?

"OMG he doesn't have everyone's support in the locker room!" put me in any locker room anywhere and i'd hit someone swinging a dead cat that doesn't agree or support someone else there.

be for real. your whole johnny schtick is starting to stink up this joint. if you're a brown's fan you just want them to win, not care about how some rookie's jock is swinging.

The coaching staff and locker room is divided then?

All these guys wanna win, they clearly have said they support both guys. Obviously the media is blowing everything out of proportion and you're on the bait making it out to be a great divide.

Hoyers the guy, period. They wouldn't make the call if nobody believed he could win.

During the game Sunday are you going to bitch and moan about every good play Hoyer has because it means you have to wait longer to see the man you already purchased 17 fatheads of so you can see him in every room of your house.

Or are you going to support the quarterback of your Cleveland Browns and hope he, and the rest of the team play well and get a W.

you already purchased 17 fatheads of so you can see him in every room of your house.

you mean 2 fatheads. one for the basement he lives in and one for his grandma's basement upstairs.

oh maybe he has a cardboard cutout of manziel that he sticks on his grocery cart he stole from IGA. the cart he uses to pick up cans with.

you mean 2 fatheads. one for the basement he lives in and one for his grandma's basement upstairs.

oh maybe he has a cardboard cutout of manziel that he sticks on his grocery cart he stole from IGA. the cart he uses to pick up cans with.

Fucking Hilarious!

Lol

guys guys..

i want the browns to win above all

thats what fuels me.. the desire to see them win..

its less about the locker room itself and more about what hoyers fans say about the locker room

this is to combat that

btw, busting your balls legend. i think we all want the browns to win. at least you are a true fan, so i can understand your angst. it's the Aholes that aren't brown's fans that cry for johnny that piss me off. either way i'm sure manziel will see the field again this year. let's just hope it's not because we're losing by 35 friggin points.

Lol
guys guys..
i want the browns to win above all
thats what fuels me.. the desire to see them win..
its less about the locker room itself and more about what hoyers fans say about the locker room
this is to combat that[/quote

Why so gay for a QB? Your screenname is familiar, are you some Quinn Fag we chased off to Barking Tard years ago?

Z

btw, busting your balls legend. i think we all want the browns to win. at least you are a true fan, so i can understand your angst. it's the Aholes that aren't brown's fans that cry for johnny that piss me off. either way i'm sure manziel will see the field again this year. let's just hope it's not because we're losing by 35 friggin points.

Yes. And it only takes a couple of those at that. I can only really care to listen to Browns fans on the subject, not fans of the team since May. I think real fans are split at least 50/50 on BH/JF

Lol. Mik keeping it real.

I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?

They're a couple linebackers, a pass rush, a heathy Cameron, and a #2 wr short.

" If you get the feeling I'm not easily impressed anymore by ONE series, you'd be 100% correct."

That's good because Hoyer will need a lot more than 1 good series to beat Indy.

No shit Sherlock. If you followed my posts, I thought it was gonna be JFF Sunday. Indy has the #1 scoring offense in the NFL. If the Browns can't generate an effective running offense, or get some points on defense, they have little chance. And I did say, I'm 100% in favor of putting Manziel in if Hoyer plays like crap- before the game is out of hand.

some surprise! yes he's one of the best QBs in the league!

and? so?

do you think we have an aaron rodgers on this team?

i really don't get your argument. if aaron rodgers were on this team right now how much better do you think our record would be?

Print the Super Bowl tickets.

SHANNAHAN JUST DROPPED A BOMB

There has also been a total of 4 players that have been reported to say privately that.. Johnny is the man..

And Joe Thomas said he still supports Hoyer.

It's a no brainier starting Hoyer. Throwing a rookie in when we still have a shot at the playoffs could cost Pettine his job if it doesn't go well. Manziel will be the starter of the future but right now they owe Hoyer a chance to at least redeem himself. If he's rotten then ok put Manziel in. But I think you should only play Manziel if we are eliminated. As long as we are still in the hunt the veterans on the team need continuity. They trust Hoyer in the huddle, they know his hard count and the chemistry is already there.

I also think by naming Hoyer the starter from the beginning, if they replace him now it looks like we are throwing in the towel for next year.

Did Manziel provide a spark? He sure did. With that said he's going to make rookie mistakes that could cost us a shot as the wildcard.

Let Hoyer prove one way or another if he's got what it takes. At least let him audition for a gig with some other team.

And there's also the risk factor if Manziel were to get injured. Pettine knows and understands what's at stake.

It's a no brainier starting Hoyer. Throwing a rookie in when we still have a shot at the playoffs could cost Pettine his job if it doesn't go well. Manziel will be the starter of the future but right now they owe Hoyer a chance to at least redeem himself. If he's rotten then ok put Manziel in. But I think you should only play Manziel if we are eliminated. As long as we are still in the hunt the veterans on the team need continuity. They trust Hoyer in the huddle, they know his hard count and the chemistry is already there.

I also think by naming Hoyer the starter from the beginning, if they replace him now it looks like we are throwing in the towel for next year.

Did Manziel provide a spark? He sure did. With that said he's going to make rookie mistakes that could cost us a shot as the wildcard.

Let Hoyer prove one way or another if he's got what it takes. At least let him audition for a gig with some other team.

And there's also the risk factor if Manziel were to get injured. Pettine knows and understands what's at stake.

Pettine is scared Hoyer might defriend him on Facebook if he gets benched.

not with this offensive line.

Seriously? You don't think the Browns would have put more points on the board with one of the best quarterbacks in the league?

I think we'd have a much better record with even an above average quarterback. Yes I'm glad we squeaked a couple by but wouldn't it be nice to have a couple touchdown cushion?

WSS

I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe.

The fan base and press is calling for the flashy rookie to start over the embattled veteran.

The rookie HC, whose rookie predecessor was fired after one year, decides to start the embattled vet.

Safe choice???

I like Pettine addressing this. It also raises the point of what an "QB-centric offense" is. Is it one where you have faith in your QB to sling it around 50 times a game?

It's a great question that was lost in the harangue.

One where the offense starts with scheming the use of its QB's unique skills and capabilities and everything else emanates from that scheme. Everything else includes a pass to set up the run approach.

Wow, mik, your views are so moving and intelligent. You've really put me in my place. You didn't try to prove me wrong, but hey, why do that when you can call names.

Aaron Rodgers in Super Bowl - 304 yds, 3 td's.

James Starks - 11 Carries, 52 yards, 0 td's

Aaron Rodgers CARRIED the OFFENSE in that Super Bowl.

I think P Manning and Rogers are excellent examples of QB-centric schemes. Brady is a third, and Luck is the nextgen example, but I think that's it. However, it does not mean that even these greats can reach the ultimate success with out benefit of other phases of the game. Not over the course of full season at any rate.

But in any given game, including the ultimate game, then they can most certainly carry their team to the prize. Just as Rogers did in SB XLV over Big Ben's Boys 31-25...

... even if the Pack's cause was aided by a Pick-6.

Lol

this is to combat that

Then let the games begin...

Earlier you said "four" texts? I assume Haden and Winn are two... just wondering if any offensive players are in that four. Or is the number growing? Other reports claim the QB players were backing was not close...

"I can tell you: Manziel advocate(s) outnumbered by a lot — Aditi Kinkhabwala (@AKinkhabwala) December 3, 2014”

As for Shanny... Pettine ain't going to be too happy with him taking private positions public.

"#Browns HC Mike Pettine: QB debate sparked lively discussions among staff but at the end of the day we all agreed. — Nate Ulrich (@NateUlrichABJ) December 3, 2014”

The division has been true to some degree all season.

Yes... nothing new. Growing? Almost certainly, but nothing new.

So if we are going with the non quarterback centric offense and claiming that Rodgers and Manning are aberrations in professional football, which Super Bowl quarterbacks in recent years have been approximately the same caliber as Brian Hoyer?

WSS

Hoyer has only started 16 games, but his numbers so far are Eli Manning-esque ... winner of not one, but two Super Bowls.

Zombo

Hoyer has only started 16 games, but his numbers so far are Eli Manning-esque ... winner of not one, but two Super Bowls.

Zombo

Well lets say that when Brian Hoyer is named MVP of a couple Super Bowls I will put them in the same category. If and when that happens I'll drive to Florida to buy you a beer.

WSS

So if we are going with the non quarterback centric offense and claiming that Rodgers and Manning are aberrations in professional football, which Super Bowl quarterbacks in recent years have been approximately the same caliber as Brian Hoyer?

WSS

Aberrations? Did I imply "aberrations"? I think I implied exceptional as in examples of the ultimate QB-centric Offense.

Which Hoyer?

The pre-Mack-injury Hoyer, including 2013, when we had a "RB/PAP-centric" offensive attack, was comparable to Dilfer, Johnson and a few earlier examples that would undoubtedly stretch the limits of "recent".

There are no examples of the post-Mack Hoyer.

Archived