THE BROWNS BOARD

It's Hoyer

hx214

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.

My thoughts as well. Pettine said "we're not a QB-centric offense".

Now will JM be assigned just to do trick plays as we saw earlier in the season, or some actual QB-time?

and with that comment you prove what a fuckwit you are.

Cleveland has the most passionate fan base in all of professional sports, especially football you arrogant elitist twat.

Cleveland does have a passionate fanbase. But he's right, a good half of it is comprised of Retards and assholes. Nobody's eats their own quite like Cleveland fans.

I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?

Do you honestly believe this team would win a playoff game with Johnny given the current state of this team? Thought not....

My thoughts as well. Pettine said "we're not a QB-centric offense".

Now will JM be assigned just to do trick plays as we saw earlier in the season, or some actual QB-time?

I like Pettine addressing this. It also raises the point of what an "QB-centric offense" is. Is it one where you have faith in your QB to sling it around 50 times a game?

Those teams usually don't have quality defenses or running games to boot.

Fact is, while the QB is the most important position on the field, he much like anyone else - needs support and production from the other 10 positions.

I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man.

I like Pettine addressing this. It also raises the point of what an "QB-centric offense" is. Is it one where you have faith in your QB to sling it around 50 times a game?

Those teams usually don't have quality defenses or running games to boot.

Fact is, while the QB is the most important position on the field, he much like anyone else - needs support and production from the other 10 positions.

I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man.

Right. But there are teams that heavily rely on them. Browns solid wins this year were truly a team effort. The Thursday night game in Cincy stands out.

Every game, every week is winnable. We certainly should beat Carolina and no reason to think we won't beat Cincy at home either. Indy and Baltimore will be tough but you never know.

Haloti Ngata could not have been suspended at a more convenient time. With him gone, establishing a running game will be easier, to say the least.

I honestly believe that if we beat the Colts, we can take all 3 games after.

" I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man."

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Peyton Manning

Just to name a few.

I'll address these in order.

The previous Packer seasons were rather terrible until the 2nd rated defense and the emergence of James Starks and Brandon Jackson in the playoffs really put the Pack over the edge. Clearly Rodgers wasn't getting it done by his lonesome previously.

Brees? Pretty much the same. The defense was opportunistic and decent in 2009 but Sean Payton finally going with a balanced attack (two RB's over a 600 yards including almost 800 yards of offense for Reggie Bush) was their big difference.

Peyton might be your best example. But it still isn't enough. How many years previous after having a dominant offense (although, dominant over the lowly AFC South) did the Colts defense fail time and time again in the playoffs? Peyton couldn't keep up. Then by some miracle during the 06 run they decide "hey, maybe we should stop the run" and then be lucky enough to face a Rex Grossman led offense in the Super Bowl.

Again,

"I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man."

You said nothing about defense in this quote. In the Super Bowl game itself, Aaron Rodgers carried the Packers offense. Wothout him, they lose.

go grow some weed or something. do this country a favor by your vast knowledge of agriculture and shut up about football cuz you know dick.

Wow, mik, your views are so moving and intelligent. You've really put me in my place. You didn't try to prove me wrong, but hey, why do that when you can call names.

Aaron Rodgers in Super Bowl - 304 yds, 3 td's.

James Starks - 11 Carries, 52 yards, 0 td's

Aaron Rodgers CARRIED the OFFENSE in that Super Bowl.

some surprise! yes he's one of the best QBs in the league!

and? so?

do you think we have an aaron rodgers on this team?

i really don't get your argument. if aaron rodgers were on this team right now how much better do you think our record would be?

Wow, mik, your views are so moving and intelligent. You've really put me in my place. You didn't try to prove me wrong, but hey, why do that when you can call names.

Aaron Rodgers in Super Bowl - 304 yds, 3 td's.

James Starks - 11 Carries, 52 yards, 0 td's

Aaron Rodgers CARRIED the OFFENSE in that Super Bowl.

I apologize for my lack of clarity. When I mean carry the offense, I should say carry the team. Which was my intent to point out.

SHANNAHAN JUST DROPPED A BOMB

"Johnny did stuff in the game that made me excited," Shanahan said. "I liked what I saw from him. He did a good job, but when you decide on the starter -- and Coach decided on it I think on Tuesday -- once that happens, it's business as usual. You rep it that way, and you always try to prepare the starter to have the best chance to win."

There has also been a total of 4 players that have been reported to say privately that.. Johnny is the man..

" I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man."

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Peyton Manning

Just to name a few.

Check out the defensive stats in those games. Pick 6s usually lead to a win..

SHANNAHAN JUST DROPPED A BOMB

There has also been a total of 4 players that have been reported to say privately that.. Johnny is the man..

Well that's hardly a bomb. I can't imagine you would say much else. The only aunt we have is that he made it clear it was coach's decision. So all the democracy etc may just be talk.

WSS

Archived