THE BROWNS BOARD

It's Hoyer

hx214

I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.

If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I was just getting ready to quote his stats from this year to you until I saw what he did today against the Rams. Nevermind...

Liked the kid and thought he had an uphill battle ever since coming here. Buy his daddy and his lack of arm convinced me that he just can't handle it.

The only stat that matter is w. Stats are for fantasy football and little boys.

I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.

If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.

What you drinking at the bar? Shirley temples? No way you're of drinking age.

i hope you don't think i;m rooting for someone to get hurt, just the opposite. if the browns were healthy at all positions right now i think we'd have 3 more in the wins column and be winning the division.

the alfred e. neuman thing was more a joke even though he reminds me of the guy on the cover of mad magazine, with that stupid smirk i see him wearing on the sideline. but looks and immaturity don't bother me if you can win the frickin game. like i've said before, pull a bum out of the gutter if he can win you games consistently. do i love how the kid puts himself out there in the public eye? no. but i understand that this is a new age of self promotion. hell this is the age of selfies and internet bullying so an athlete trying to make money by being out there is fine. just don't get caught doing something stupid that will come back and bite you in the arse.

there were plenty of people getting on gordon after the taunting penalty. most of it was in the tavern during the game. after the loss it didn't carry over to the other part of this forum prob because we were more upset with hoyer's play.

and your music isn't smarmy, if it is then i like smarmy music i guess. on the other hand your stance on the QB situation is befuddling to me. i see posts where your pro hoyer "love the cleveland kid. he's one of us." then it's as if you can't wait to see him gone and ticked that others are pulling for him. that's where the smarm comes in.

but as you said a lot of thing will be cleared up after this game, and i for one can't wait for whatever it is to happen. just get it done. god forbid another off/preseason of not knowing who your QB is. and if i hear the words QB competition next year i'll prob do a dave carradine.

As far as rooting for injuries, no Mik, of course I wasn't talking about you, I was agreeing with you.

But yes I probably send mixed messages. I'm just a Browns fan and sometimes it pisses me off the other Browns fans are such hateful motherfuckers.

Like I've said I've rooted for Brady Quinn Charlie Frye and whoever is under center. Around here if you root for a player it seems you get accused of wanting to suck his dick and you were supposed to hate whoever else is waiting in the wings. I think that's bullshit. I really liked Brian Hoyer and really really wished he didn't suck. But I don't hate the guy. I drank the Johnny football Kool Aid a couple weeks before the draft. I don't give a fuck if he chases pussy and gets hammered unless it's on Bud Light. ;)

So I tend to defend the guy that plays for the browns. That included Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell. And it breaks my heart that Brian Hoyer is going to lose his dream job. But that doesn't mean I have to hate Johnny.

And guys likeTour2ma probably know a lot more about the X's and O's than I do.

I haven't played a down since junior high school and I sucked then. On the other hand listening to sports talk and reading the paper it seems like there are plenty of guys making a damn good living who don't know jack shit either. Not to mention coaching staffs who haven't got a fucking clue about who should start. Look at last season. Nobody had any idea and they are professionals.

Anyway but for me it's just a knee jerk reaction to defend guys who I believe aren't getting a fair shot (or are being unfairly attacked for bullshit reasons) whether they succeed somewhere else or not.

Nobody made excuses for Brandon Weeden and that team was a real piece of shit compared to this one.

I'm a Browns fan but not an NFL fan. I don't know that I've watched many games in my life that didn't include the Cleveland Browns.

Make sense?

WSS

Why waste it? Show up and do the money sign and chant for Johnny. Punch a Bengals fan in the face. Whatever. (Not being a smart ass here, I just don't understand your way of thinking.)

Be advised, just because one guy is not cuttin it doesn't mean the other guy is going too. & the fact that i saw a lot of "threw the hands" passes, "lame attempt" passes (gordon), & dropped passes yesterday, we may be setting outselves up for more disappointment. Yesterday was extremely frustrating. I picked the Browns to win. Most know why now. The D is amazing. Although i'll say it's johnny time, i still don't think Hoyer got a fair amount of respect for what he did. Anderson was not a good qb, but quinn was not ready. You know how that went. Does johnny know what a playbook is yet? NEVER MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That just gets you in the door. Rule one with me. I judge by pro performance & johnny did exactly what o thought. 1 good drive, & one drive of rookie mistakes...... Lets see what johnny can do.

Be advised, just because one guy is not cuttin it doesn't mean the other guy is going too. & the fact that i saw a lot of "threw the hands" passes, "lame attempt" passes (gordon), & dropped passes yesterday, we may be setting outselves up for more disappointment. Yesterday was extremely frustrating. I picked the Browns to win. Most know why now. The D is amazing. Although i'll say it's johnny time, i still don't think Hoyer got a fair amount of respect for what he did. Anderson was not a good qb, but quinn was not ready. You know how that went. Does johnny know what a playbook is yet? NEVER MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That just gets you in the door. Rule one with me. I judge by pro performance & johnny did exactly what o thought. 1 good drive, & one drive of rookie mistakes...... Lets see what johnny can do.

One good drive and one drive of rookie mistakes???

Try 7 points in 1 quarter. That's 28 for the game. Hoyer has led the team to 7 points once in the last 29 drives.

Browns will be MUCH better on offense with Johnny. It won't be boring either.

Try 7 points in 1 quarter. That's 28 for the game. Hoyer has led the team to 7 points once in the last 29 drives.

Browns will be MUCH better on offense with Johnny. It won't be boring either.

Just 28? Cmon man. By your logic he'd have way more. That was 7 points in what 5 minutes? 60 minutes per game. Browns have ball for half the game so 30 min. That's 6 scores in 30 min making it 42 points.

Don't short change the guy. Johnny the whole game would have been 42 points.

Anyone can do that when the D didn't have a week to prepare. & he scambled most of that drive. That stuff ain't gonna fly that much. He neeeeeds to get with the playbook. Thats all, get with the playbook.

this stupid mentality is just killing us......just accept the fact that hoyer can't cut it...it's been obvious for weeks......

He's smart, & a great game manager. He takes calculated risks & can shine late when the game is on the line, but he only works when the team is working.

Still think it was a great early post, but wanted to take one exception. Hoyer was a great game manager, but as the team level declined so did his "management". His footwork deteriorated then returned as his reads deteriorated then was returning as his footwork went south again. It was a see-saw of two issues... it was stealing his confidence... and that spelled the end.

Whether all this happened because of the added pressure on his limited game or an injury or whatever, it does not matter. At the end the only consistency in his game was that it was insufficient to keep us winning.

I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder...

Yes... quite a lot...

Ready when you are for the dissection...

Archived