THE BROWNS BOARD

It's Hoyer

hx214

Well lets say that when Brian Hoyer is named MVP of a couple Super Bowls I will put them in the same category. If and when that happens I'll drive to Florida to buy you a beer.

WSS

Fair enough, but you can't win any Super Bowls when you haven't finished a season yet, so isn't it an unfair premise to ask us to compare him to the current Super Bowl winning QBs in the first place?

He has similar game to Eli ... with the right defense, running game and a few lucky bounces who knows? I guess we'll find out if the plug isn't pulled.

Hoyer through 16 career starts is 10-6 4,287 yards, 18 Tds 16 Int, 79 Rating

Mannings first 16 starts he was 7-9, his first full year as a starter he had 3,762 yards 24Tds 16 Int 75.9 rating

Zombo

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aberrations? Did I imply "aberrations"? I think I implied exceptional as in examples of the ultimate QB-centric Offense.

Which Hoyer?

The pre-Mack-injury Hoyer, including 2013, when we had a "RB/PAP-centric" offensive attack, was comparable to Dilfer, Johnson and a few earlier examples that would undoubtedly stretch the limits of "recent".

There are no examples of the post-Mack Hoyer.

Well two of the first losses were with Mack and we lost both games with a combined total of five points.

WSS

I wonder how many of the other teams with a 7-5 record are talking about replacing their QB?

How many are in last place in their division?

How many have quarterbacks rated in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league?

I'm not even talking about replacing him until next season. Still I think at the very least we'd want someone above average.

(and he might all of a sudden get better the last 4 games. If he does I wonder what the problem was up til now )

WSS

So if we are going with the non quarterback centric offense and claiming that Rodgers and Manning are aberrations in professional football, which Super Bowl quarterbacks in recent years have been approximately the same caliber as Brian Hoyer?

WSS

Rex Grossman. (you didn't say SB winning, just SB QB)

Aberrations? Did I imply "aberrations"? I think I implied exceptional as in examples of the ultimate QB-centric Offense.

Which Hoyer?

The pre-Mack-injury Hoyer, including 2013, when we had a "RB/PAP-centric" offensive attack, was comparable to Dilfer, Johnson and a few earlier examples that would undoubtedly stretch the limits of "recent".

There are no examples of the post-Mack Hoyer.

Well we lost two games with the pre Mac player by a total of five points.

WSS

Were those two losses better, or worse, than what you expected of this team as of Sept. 6?

Me?

I always expect, hope for, pray for, cross my fingers for and predict a good season.

I hate losing close games. And it troubles me to win close games if I thought we left points on the field. Understandable?

WSS

Well two of the first losses were with Mack and we lost both games with a combined total of five points.

WSS

Well we lost two games with the pre Mac player by a total of five points.

WSS

I've seen a lot of double posts in my forum days, but the "forgot-I-already-replied-only-three-posts-earlier" double is a new one...

Anyway... neither Dilfer nor Johnson went undefeated during the regular season preceding their SB runs.

Sure, but as far as the current Hoyer vs. Manziel debate, those two losses actually gave me more hope in a good season with Hoyer. Comparing it to hypothetically having Rodgers, Luck, Manning, Brady, etc? Well, yeah, it would be different, although not tons different for the games with Andrew Hawkins has our No. 1 receiver and a center who just came in off the street.

I've seen a lot of double posts in my forum days, but the "forgot-I-already-replied-only-three-posts-earlier" double is a new one...

Anyway... neither Dilfer nor Johnson went undefeated during the regular season preceding their SB runs.

Sorry for my redundant post. If that's the first time its happened I'm surprised. Oh well.

I'm not demanding we go undefeated. I'm saying that it bothers me to lose a game by pocket change if a little better play would have won it. Or in the case of winning a squeaker. It would be nice to have a little cushion. I don't know why it upsets some of you guys.

Looks by the time stamp that I was distracted around 1 o'clock and probably forgot till I got back at 4.

WSS

i think given everything the browns have been up against this year the team has performed quite well. time to gel as a unit was obviously not there at the beginning of the season, especially on the defensive side. injuries, the suspension and injuries, the clamoring for QB change and injuries........i'm surprised we've got the record we do.

does the FO, pettine and staff along with all the brown's fan base wish we had a peyton manning, tom brady or aaron rodgers? of course we do. but have you seen any of those guys when they don't have time to throw? i have and they sure as hell don't look like world beaters. also i think pettine is doing the best he can given the fact that he has a QB on the bench that the owner leaned towards, half of friggin america wants to start and he has to weigh the fact the kid isn't as good as the eternal backup QB who is now our starter.

i hope they get this shit figured out in the offseason. i don't care who they cut ties with as long as we have a cemented starter who doesn't have to worry about some alfred e. neuman rookie making money signs from the bench. go with one or the other and ship the other off to france for all i care.

How many are in last place in their division?

How many have quarterbacks rated in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league?

I'm not even talking about replacing him until next season. Still I think at the very least we'd want someone above average.

(and he might all of a sudden get better the last 4 games. If he does I wonder what the problem was up til now )

WSS

I thought the Browns were tied for 2nd in the division?

If Hoyer shits to bed against the Colts, I would hope that JF plays out the season as a starter.

With a 12th ranked offense & an 18th ranked defense, I would say our record is indicative of an average team at this point.

However, I'm still of the mindset that the Browns are more than just a QB away from being a good team.

However, I'm still of the mindset that the Browns are more than just a QB away from being a good team.

at the beginning of the year to say the depth at some positions would be a problem i might have agreed about the C but it just goes to show you how a team is bigger than the first guy in line. we need to replenish the DL and the OL next year. forget the big money FA RB bullshit. get us some beef on dem lines!

at the beginning of the year to say the depth at some positions would be a problem i might have agreed about the C but it just goes to show you how a team is bigger than the first guy in line. we need to replenish the DL and the OL next year. forget the big money FA RB bullshit. get us some beef on dem lines!

I was thinking the same thing.

It must be the Browns fan in me to start thinking draft in December, but here's my 2 pennies.

The game is won & lost at the LOS, so with that in mind I'm thinking we're going to need 2 good DL and at least another stud OL.

With the remaining picks, we need help at linebacker.

I thought the Browns were tied for 2nd in the division?

If Hoyer shits to bed against the Colts, I would hope that JF plays out the season as a starter.

With a 12th ranked offense & an 18th ranked defense, I would say our record is indicative of an average team at this point.

No, actually we are in last place.

And I'm not a fan of excuses but I don't think this Sunday's game is a particularly good test.

Maybe if he really shits the bed but just losing is probably to be expected. It depends on the reasons I guess. But remember a lot of you guys use nothing but the win loss record as criteria.

WSS

i think you're confusing the fact that some of us think hoyer deserves to keep his job because of the W-L record with the fact that he's sucked ass the last 4 games. i don't think there is a blind love for hoyer like there is for manziel. most of the hoyer supporters know this is his make or break game and if he can't man up and look good he'll probably be shown the door. is it right or wrong? i don't know and i don't care.

the problem i have (and i won't speak for others) is when the browns finally look like they have some semblance of an offense and a QB that can win, the trap door falls out from underneath the guy and once again the team and the fans are unsure about the #1 position of this franchise. so it's back to the drawing board for yet another year of spin the QB wheel cuz 2 possessions for are rookie against the slag the bills threw out there on D in the last 4 minutes of the game last week didn't sway me one way or another to think that the 22nd pick was good or not. only time will tell and as a brown's fan i'm sick of hearing that.

I was thinking the same thing.

It must be the Browns fan in me to start thinking draft in December, but here's my 2 pennies.

The game is won & lost at the LOS, so with that in mind I'm thinking we're going to need 2 good DL and at least another stud OL.

With the remaining picks, we need help at linebacker.

let's not forget the kicking game.

just saw the punter from bowling green make spencer lanning look like daniel day lewis in 'my left foot'.

let's not forget the kicking game.

just saw the punter from bowling green make spencer lanning look like daniel day lewis in 'my left foot'.

No doubt, I've never been a fan of Cuntlips.

There's a kicker in the SEC (can't recall his name) that's been lights out.

He can probably be had for a late round pick.

I don't see this as being posted already. But Shanahan took Joe Thomas's words to heart,

about who should start next week.

He nailed it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/05/kyle-shanahan-joe-thomass-words-carried-weight-in-qb-decision/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

I don't see this as being posted already. But Shanahan took Joe Thomas's words to heart,

about who should start next week.

He nailed it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/05/kyle-shanahan-joe-thomass-words-carried-weight-in-qb-decision/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

GET that out of here bro!!! The team hates Hoyer.

Fair enough, but you can't win any Super Bowls when you haven't finished a season yet, so isn't it an unfair premise to ask us to compare him to the current Super Bowl winning QBs in the first place?

He has similar game to Eli ... with the right defense, running game and a few lucky bounces who knows? I guess we'll find out if the plug isn't pulled.

Hoyer through 16 career starts is 10-6 4,287 yards, 18 Tds 16 Int, 79 Rating

Mannings first 16 starts he was 7-9, his first full year as a starter he had 3,762 yards 24Tds 16 Int 75.9 rating

Zombo

That's all true. But of course Eli was how old and brian is how old? And yes indeed if the rest of the team kicks ass and the ball bounces your way you can get to the Superbowl with Rex Grossman or Trent Dilfer. If that's the plan great. Taking a hit on a king 10 is a plan too. Of course in those situations you have to hit that window of opportunity like Leroy Kelly hit the hole. Not the way Willis McGahee hit the hole.

Will that window of opportunity still be open next year? Let's hope so.

We have a lot better team and team effort this season than we have had in many years in my opinion. And we have run quarterback after quarterback out of town for similar performance.

Still 30 hours from now everything will be much clearer.

We can bite one of the best teams in the league in the ass or.....

WSS

i think given everything the browns have been up against this year the team has performed quite well. time to gel as a unit was obviously not there at the beginning of the season, especially on the defensive side. injuries, the suspension and injuries, the clamoring for QB change and injuries........i'm surprised we've got the record we do.

does the FO, pettine and staff along with all the brown's fan base wish we had a peyton manning, tom brady or aaron rodgers? of course we do. but have you seen any of those guys when they don't have time to throw? i have and they sure as hell don't look like world beaters. also i think pettine is doing the best he can given the fact that he has a QB on the bench that the owner leaned towards, half of friggin america wants to start and he has to weigh the fact the kid isn't as good as the eternal backup QB who is now our starter.

i hope they get this shit figured out in the offseason. i don't care who they cut ties with as long as we have a cemented starter who doesn't have to worry about some alfred e. neuman rookie making money signs from the bench. go with one or the other and ship the other off to france for all i care.

Mik anybody that clamors for an injury to any Browns player can suck my dick.

But let's not make the decision just because you're mad about Johnny. I think the Alfred E Newman line pretty much sums up your opinion and many of the guys here.

Personally I want to see the money sign 5 times every game at least.

Somebody bitched to "act like you've been there before". Well he hasn't. First time in an NFL end zone? What would you do? Apologize?

As for smarmy music I'm sure I've written some shit that would make you cringe from embarrassment.

;)

WSS

Sorry for my redundant post. If that's the first time its happened I'm surprised. Oh well.

Looks by the time stamp that I was distracted around 1 o'clock and probably forgot till I got back at 4.

Hope you knew the double post thing was all in fun. At least I hope the "Huntin'" was good... ;)

Post of the day

Contribution of the day!

Has to be a reason this guy is still here... Lil' help?

But let's not make the decision just because you're mad about Johnny. I think the Alfred E Newman line pretty much sums up your opinion and many of the guys here.

Personally I want to see the money sign 5 times every game at least.

Somebody bitched to "act like you've been there before". Well he hasn't. First time in an NFL end zone? What would you do? Apologize?

Save it for a meaningful circumstance? I don't care for the "money sign", but I channel my conservative streak differently than many here. Five TDs a game minus it would be just as awesome. I suspect as JM matures it'll fall by the wayside...

Alfred E. Newman wasn't immature, just an idiot. I don't think many here believe idiocy is JM's biggest obstacle.

Archived