THE BROWNS BOARD

WINSLOW TRADED!!

We need Tom Tupa

If that's true, then that is an absolute crappy deal and mankok is a huge 0-1.

Trading a play-making, committed, 80-catch-a-year Pro bowl tight end for a third round pick ...

What the ****?

Zombo

Take a deep breath...what commitment? The "me me" stuff is not a commitment. He was hardly a factor last season (yes, not all his fault). He wanted to renegotiate for "lost $$" after ONE good/great season (2007)...he lost that $$ because he violated a simple contract clause (stay away from motorcycles). NEVER has he been a TEAM player.

I hope I'm right, and you're wrong, we'll see.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe there's people thinking we'd get Tampa's first round pick for K2.

Excuse me if I forget to shed a tear for him. He was a great player but had way too many problems with injuries, ego, and whatnot.

Tampa radio saying we got a 3rd and 7th what a crock mankok is stupid lets give braylon away for a 7th if we can that is...

What the hell??? Even I think he's worth more than that. Mangina... what the hell were you smoking?

Guest Masters
So they trade Brady Quinn's favorite receiver and biggest supporter on the team?

This must all be posturing to drive up DAs trade value, no doubt.

Um, BE was supporting Quinn as much as Winslow.

Take a deep breath...what commitment? The "me me" stuff is not a commitment. He was hardly a factor last season (yes, not all his fault). He wanted to renegotiate for "lost $$" after ONE good/great season (2007)...he lost that $$ because he violated a simple contract clause (stay away from motorcycles). NEVER has he been a TEAM player.

I hope I'm right, and you're wrong, we'll see.

Unfortunately it is you that is wrong.

He was a hell of a team player.

Just curious... what do you on sundays in the Fall ... because you aren't watching Browns football.

Zombo

NFL Network is reporting the Browns will get a second round pick this year and a fifth round pick next year. I now officially don't agree with this trade.

Why not? Thats a hell of a lot better than a 3rd and 7th...

NFL Network is reporting the Browns will get a second round pick this year and a fifth round pick next year. I now officially don't agree with this trade.

I love Winslow but that's pretty decent trade value for a guy who won't play into his 30s.

Schefter said Unconfirmed...2nd this year 5th next year...

what would a 5th rounder next year accomplish? we could have at least gotten a 2nd this year AND next year if we were going to split the picks up. we might as well have traded him for a 2nd rounder this year, a bag of balls and a new pair of cleats. however i do have to say that we got good value for him with the second round pick

well, this makes the pain much less worse than a 3rd and 7th, at least there is a good chance we can get someone good in the 2nd round.

that being said, im still pissed off and nothing good will probably come out of this.

From ESPN:

ESPN.com news services

The Cleveland Browns have traded tight end Kellen Winslow to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for undisclosed draft picks.

"We appreciate his passion for the game and wish him success in Tampa Bay," Browns general manager George Kokinis said in announcing the move. "The draft picks we have obtained through this deal will give us greater flexibility as we look to infuse more talent and create competition and depth on this football team."

Dammit, I liked K2. It sounds like we got multiple picks, we better use them wisely.

The Pats seem always to have an abundance of draft picks. The current organization is part of the Belichick / Patriots group.

I imagine they got multiple picks across a couple of years. Good way to build around the core that is already here.

I say good move!!

PS What does this do to the FA and draft stragegy?

Much better than the 3rd and 7th rumor ... but still weak, IMO.

Oh well, it's their team, and they know more about running an NFL team than I do, that's for sure.

I hope we use that 2nd rounder extremely prudently.

Zombo

well, this makes the pain much less worse than a 3rd and 7th, at least there is a good chance we can get someone good in the 2nd round.

that being said, im still pissed off and nothing good will probably come out of this.

Jasper Brinkley and shonn Green....that would be good!

Unfortunately it is you that is wrong.

He was a hell of a team player.

Just curious... what do you on sundays in the Fall ... because you aren't watching Browns football.

Zombo

Let's see, been a fan since 1970, so I think I'm pretty qualified to have an opinion on Browns football, just like you and others around here. I just don't insult people and blow my own horn...........

Guest Masters
Although I said that I like the deal in principle, I assumed a 1st rounder. Maybe a #1 next year? I hope so.

Now way they'd ever get a 1st for Winslow in any way, shape, or form.

Jasper Brinkley and shonn Green....that would be good!

I've actually been a fan of shonn greene because my friend plays for the hawkeyes, he said he has great work ethic and is a smart player, greene also didnt have a game last college football season under 100 yards.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160849

that being said, I think someone will swipe him up before us, at least currently.

Let's see, been a fan since 1970, so I think I'm pretty qualified to have an opinion on Browns football, just like you and others around here. I just don't insult people and blow my own horn...........

You are totally free to believe he was not a team player. I just curious how you arrived at that opinion.

Because if i had to make a list of our best team players, he would have been near the top.

Zombo

ManKoK is remaking the team in their image. I don't think they have any sympathy toward existing players at all. They have an image and they are going to get the players that fit their image. Which means we're probably going to stockpile picks.

Existing players=quitters

They gave up last year and anyone who remains should feel lucky.

Winslow was a punk! Goodbye and good riddance.

Archived