THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer and Pettine both fired. Official

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SI_PeterKing

Every 10 minutes Haslam preaches continuity.

Every 20 minutes he fires the building.

@RossTuckerNFL

Bad enough Haslam has no clue as owner. Now shows he has no class leaking he's firing HC/GM before last game. Browns fans deserve better.

From Ian Rapoport

Names expected to interview for #Browns in the coming days: Teryl Austin & Adam Gase. Doug Marrone likely, as well.

I wonder how many of these guys are going to say "thanks...but no thanks" again?

Why would he do that if he was really having success here? The tradition of the Browns is nearly as great as the traditions of the Packers.....plus....it is Green Bay. Nice small town. Nothing against it. Like it very much.

But there is no reason to go back there if you are really hitting home runs in Cleveland....which has about an equal rabid fan base.

Because Green Bay is where his father built a legacy as a hall of famer? Wolf has strong ties to Green Bay, since he's worked there his entire career and he knowns he's next in line for the job. Maybe he doesn't care about any of that, but I'd expect him to have an out clause like Schneider does with the Seahawks.

@SI_PeterKing

Every 10 minutes Haslam preaches continuity.

Every 20 minutes he fires the building.

Ha!.......sad part is that he's too stupid to realize that he is also making "himself" a laughing stock......just like his team.....

Haslem is starting to make Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones look like calm cool geniuses....

Firing everybody....again.....just tells me Haslem has NO CLUE where the problems are and has NO CLUE how to fix them....

So....Just flip the board and start over.....(which is pretty much what losers do)

I wonder how many of these guys are going to say "thanks...but no thanks" again?

Probably, plenty......

And wow! a team picked by 5 different staffs. Hmmmmmm, sounds like a plan.

Actually more.....cause Farmers 1st draft was done using Lombardis scouts and info, cause he was hired just a few months before the draft and had no staff in place....(just like whats happening now)

THEN.....after a shitty draft in 2014......he fired all the scouts and started over with his own staff for 2015.....

SO.....the next GM will come in....and guess what?.....he cant bring ANY scouting info from his team.....so, he'll have to use Farmers scouts and their info for the next draft(like Farmer did in 2014)....and, like Farmer, he wont be as prepared as he could be....and the cycle will continue....

I would like to think that Haslam already has the replacements in line for hc and gm. If he fires these guys, then starts a search, we're doomed again. They may as well go straight to their last choice. And wow! a team picked by 5 different staffs. Hmmmmmm, sounds like a plan.

One can only hope.

WSS

Well we pretty much know 100% Mike P is gone later this evening.

Pagano is out.

Probably: Coughland, Fisher

Maybe: Payton

Plus the teams that already fired their coaches: Miami, Philadelphia, Titans

There'll be a good amount of competition for the top prospects

We will get all the good names in rumors and interviews.

Then we're going to get the jets TE coach or something.

LOL! Good point - we'll prolly get the next Rich Kotite just so we can read Walter White wanting his head after the second coin toss of preseason.

If Fisher gets fired, St Louis would be the best landing spot for the next HC.

They already have a very good defense, with a strong running game in Gurley.

All they need is a decent QB and a WR and they will compete.

According to multiple sources.Not sure how reliable they are. But after today's game against Pittsburgh. Both GM Ray Farmer and HC Mike Pettine are expected to be given their pink slips.

Now, on to what this topic is about. According to Ian Rappoport, Browns are expected to interview Lions DC Teryl Austin, and Bears OC Adam Gase.

Translation. We are expected to Bring in a HC for another 2 years of atrocity before hiring a new one.

"We are poking a dead lizard with a stick expecting it to move" here people!. In other words, we're doing the exact same thing expecting something different, that's what my analogy means.

We brung in Mike Pettine,who by the way was terrible in Buffalo, and now we're bringing in a DC who's been terrible in Detroit besides maybe one year. Who has no previous HC experience. Doesn't this sound familiar?. Oh,yeah. SAME thing happened with Pettine!.

And then there's Gase,the Bears OC, who has NO HC experiance as well as he's never worked with a QB like Johnny Manziel before!. He won't know how to handle is off-the-field issues and he won't know how to gameplan around him. He's only worked with in the pocket passers in Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler.

And who's to say that Adam Gase hasn't been riding Peyton Manning and making himself look good. Same exact thing happened with Joe Philbin in Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers made him look like a genius. And now look how it turned out. They FIRED him!!.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents. What are you're thoughts?

According to multiple sources.Not sure how reliable they are. But after today's game against Pittsburgh. Both GM Ray Farmer and HC Mike Pettine are expected to be given their pink slips.

Now, on to what this topic is about. According to Ian Rappoport, Browns are expected to interview Lions DC Teryl Austin, and Bears OC Adam Gase.

Translation. We are expected to Bring in a HC for another 2 years of atrocity before hiring a new one.

"We are poking a dead lizard with a stick expecting it to move" here people!. In other words, we're doing the exact same thing expecting something different, that's what my analogy means.

We brung in Mike Pettine,who by the way was terrible in Buffalo, and now we're bringing in a DC who's been terrible in Detroit besides maybe one year. Who has no previous HC experience. Doesn't this sound familiar?. Oh,yeah. SAME thing happened with Pettine!.

And then there's Gase,the Bears OC, who has NO HC experiance as well as he's never worked with a QB like Johnny Manziel before!. He won't know how to handle is off-the-field issues and he won't know how to gameplan around him. He's only worked with in the pocket passers in Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler.

And who's to say that Adam Gase hasn't been riding Peyton Manning and making himself look good. Same exact thing happened with Joe Philbin in Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers made him look like a genius. And now look how it turned out. They FIRED him!!.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents. What are you're thoughts?

Right....it will be a mad scramble to be the first to grab a "just fired" coach who wasnt good enough where he was, but will be GREAT here.....

Or...since we dont want a retread....maybe we can grab a lower level coach who has NOT been good enough to promote, but now will be our saviour....

Or....since we dont want inexperience......maybe we can grab some long distant past coach who won 10 years ago and will come out of retirement just to save us now....Cowher & Gruden are always popular candidates for this speculation....

Gotta say Haslem might just be worse than Lerner.....and Lerner was really really bad.....

Is Mike McCarthy done tugging on Aaron Rogers cape cause he sure the hell makes no adjustments? This maybe Sean Peyton landing spot if saints get stupid..

Draft Joey Bosa, Zeke Elliot and two wide receivers! Then draft Cardale Jones.

What are you smokin'? Elliot will not be there if we take Bosa @ #2 overall, unless we trade away the bank to move up for him in the mid-first. That would cost us next year's #1 or at least a #2 plus another. Now Henry just might still be there at the top of the 2nd if we are lucky. And for the gunshy Browns fans who are afraid of another Bama back, I'm calling it now. Henry is going to be a very good NFL back for someone. Last year I called it on do everything Tyler Lockett and Seattle moved up to steal him in the early 3rd. He's been an excellent get for them. Browns sure could have used him with all the WR injuries and misses. Are you kiddin' me? Paying for Bowe instead of moving up for Lockett? Mayle? What a joke of a GM we have.

#Browns GM Ray Farmer may be fired without ever hiring a coach. Had 2 top picks forced on him: Manziel (Haslam's call), Gilbert (Pettine's)

This is why I'd rather see Farmer get one more year than Pettine.

Two-thirds of the reasons people hate him were not even his call. If we literally picked ANY other players instead of Gilbert and Manziel, most of his detractors would change their tune.

Marrone got 4 mill. for not coaching the Bills in 2015 while double dipping in Jags for more $$$. Marrone's Agent is far to smart for us!!

Archived