THE BROWNS BOARD

Cheap Shot Stealers Weather Burfict Storm

Pumpkin Eater

So why don't you just admit you are a Browns fan. If you check up enough on us here while being banned to know when you aren't banned anymore then you are a Browns fan. Super Bowl LII here we come!

I was told ahead of time when the ban was going to be lifted. If you go back to that thread there were a fair number of long time posters that didn't want me banned at all. A bet is a bet.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was anythign done to Foster for that hit? That was one of the dirtiest things i've ever seen. That was way worse than Burficts hit. At least Burficts hit on Brown was part of a football interaction that not long ago was perfectly legal. Not all that long ago a helmet to helmet shot in that circumstance was perfectly fine. What Foster did was deliberately roll up the back of that guys knee after the play was done...had he done that to Butkus back in the day Butkus would have "literally" killed him. At no time was shit like that legal.

Harrison has a mean streak but he doesn't run around without regard to everyone on the field. Burfict gets out of control. Harrison is never out of control despite some heavy/hard and occasionally illegal hits. Burfict cost his team the game and should have cost them more. Harrison has never done that nor has he ever been suspended for three games for being out of control. No they aren't the same, no they aren't equals.

I have to give Burfict credit pulling off the trifecta, he took out Brown, Bell, and the Rapist.

Shittsburgh's season comes to an end in Denver.

Ha, that's what you're talking about? So its fosters fault he said he doesn't want a player targeting another player in retaliation? The league should pay attention to that sort of thing.

This reply is a perfect example of Steelers belief that only they can play to the edge of legality. When punched back in the face against a team ALSO playing on the edge the Steelers came out broken, bruised, roster decimated and to top it off players like foster, the fan base (check any steeler forum) are crying and pointing fingers at that mean terrible # 55. This Foster is crying like a bitch so I provide a video of Foster taking a cowardly low leg shot FROM BEHIND ! Burfict was out there like freddie kruger on you mo-fos and will mature as a player with former head coach Jim Haslett now Burficts LB coach.

With Hue Jackson in charge now, the Browns will soon respond to the crap (punter head stomp, head to head shots, face mask neck snaps etc) the steelers have been doing to them. Good for the Browns !

Yea that foster hit was dirty as hell. I don't even remember that happening but once again burfict did it for an entire game and its not the first time. How many coaches were going to come in and change the culture in Cleveland over the last 20 years?

Thats why he shouldn't be pointing fingers and STFU !

Pointing fingers? Some of you turds were cheering for Steeler injuries. Foster isn't a routinely dirty player despite that being dirty. Burfict is and has a long history of it. Why do you think he went undrafted?

Pointing fingers? Some of you turds were cheering for Steeler injuries. Foster isn't a routinely dirty player despite that being dirty. Burfict is and has a long history of it. Why do you think he went undrafted?

How do you know foster has no history of being dirty ? You weren't even aware of the one I posted.

Burficts going nowhere. Steelers exposed as fragile bullies.You guys won......well, kind of. So Quit crying like a little biatch.

By the way, I've never seen Burfict posting pics in support of a convicted murderer like your boy pouncey, assaulted a women or....... Some teams have skeletons in their closet, the steelers have a freaking GRAVEYARD !

How do you know foster has no history of being dirty ? You weren't even aware of the one I posted.

Burficts going nowhere. Steelers exposed as fragile bullies.You guys won......well, kind of. So Quit crying like a little biatch.

By the way, I've never seen Burfict posting pics in support of a convicted murderer like your boy pouncey, assaulted a women or....... Some teams have skeletons in their closet, the steelers have a freaking GRAVEYARD !

You're going to be a good time. Foster doesn't have a history of being dirty. If he does by all means make yourself a nice little list.

No list yet of Fosters dirty play?

Burthdefects little list:

● Wildcard playoff -- Suspended 3 games for illegal hit on Antonio Brown

● 2015, Week 17 -- Fined $50,000 for illegal hit on Ravens tight end Maxx Williams

● 2015, Week 14 -- Fined nearly $70,000 for three different infractions against the Steelers: roughing the passer, facemask and unnecessary roughness

● 2014, Week 16 -- Fined $25,000 for twisting the ankles of Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and tight end Greg Olsen

● 2013 Week 8 -- Fined $21,000 for hitting Jets receiver Stephen Hill with the crown of his helmet

● 2013 Week 6 -- Fined nearly $8,000 for facemask against Bills running back Fred Jackson

● 2013 Week 3 -- Fined $31,000 for two incidents against the Green Bay Packers: hitting defenseless receiver James Jones and striking tight end Ryan Taylor in the groin

Single handidly decimates steeler offensive team. Takes qb rapist out with clean hit.

Steelers and fan base crying like little bitches...PRICELESS !

It was clean until they got to the ground and then it wasn't. See the gif above for evidence. Ben is playing Sunday so i guess we will see what happens.

Single handidly decimates steeler offensive team. Takes qb rapist out with clean hit.

Steelers and fan base crying like little bitches...PRICELESS !

Listen to you who still cries about Harrison taking out Momass, Cribbs, and McCoy.

PRICELESS!

I don't know why you people need to start talking trash in every debate...yeah I do, inferiority complex.

You have nothing over us. Nothing.

vYtUJNf.jpg

I wondered myself why Shaziers hit wasn't flagged.

When the expert in the video explains "lining up" your opponent, it seems to imply that the defenders intent is to "seek out and destroy" so to speak, as demonstrated by the Redskins DB in the video...when the defender has time to think and calculate the hit.

Shaziers hit was not the type of helmet to helmet hit explained in the video because it was bang bang...reactionary, and instantaneous...not a seek out and destroy having "time to think" hit.
Hines Ward kind of did the same thing where he would pick out a defender to block then knock his head off.

What do you think?
Could that be why Shaziers hit wasn't flagged?

And good luck with Hue Jackson, coming from the AFC North he seems like an excellent choice.

...although I laughed out loud when I heard Aaron Goldhammer on KNR say Jackson "knows how to beat the Steelers".

The bungles are 2-5 vs. the Steelers over the last three years, and 3-10 since 2010.

No list yet of Fosters dirty play?Burthdefects little list:● Wildcard playoff -- Suspended 3 games for illegal hit on Antonio Brown● 2015, Week 17 -- Fined $50,000 for illegal hit on Ravens tight end Maxx Williams● 2015, Week 14 -- Fined nearly $70,000 for three different infractions against the Steelers: roughing the passer, facemask and unnecessary roughness● 2014, Week 16 -- Fined $25,000 for twisting the ankles of Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and tight end Greg Olsen● 2013 Week 8 -- Fined $21,000 for hitting Jets receiver Stephen Hill with the crown of his helmet● 2013 Week 6 -- Fined nearly $8,000 for facemask against Bills running back Fred Jackson● 2013 Week 3 -- Fined $31,000 for two incidents against the Green Bay Packers: hitting defenseless receiver James Jones and striking tight end Ryan Taylor in the groin

I'll bet Harrison is envious of that list.

Don't you wish the Shittsburgh Browns were good enough to have their season end in Denver?

Participation award trophies were meant more for 8 year old kids and the 1 NFL franchise having trouble dealing with life after HGH testing.

Hey, nobody's Burfict...

I'll bet Harrison is envious of that list.

The only difference between Harrison and Burfict is 1 guy plays for the NFL Commissioner's boss and the other doesn't. For example, has there been a rational explanation of why Joey Porter didn't get flagged? They were too prepared ahead of time to sock it to 1 team.

The root of all evils last week was the previous cheapshot Pittsburgh took on Carson Palmer's knee when they aimed for it and destroyed it on an 80yard TD pass that put Cincy up on a pace Pitt knew they couldn't keep up with. I've been watching that franchise play dirty football long before the wife beating Harrison showed up. In Pittsburgh, if the you're a MVP or Defensive Player of the Year - you're a terrific guy if your headhunting fines get re-allocated to the battered women's support group your wife NEEDS throughout your roid rage.

I think of the Pittsburgh Stee-roids the same way I thought of all those guys polluting MLB and the home run chases. Gee, what a surprise that Barry Bonds would learn how to cheat in Pittsburgh. So where does this all leave us today? Cleveland owns 8 Professional Football Championships while 1 former Steeler has a book calling all their Championships "False Glory." The alibis are just adorable...

Chew on this, Vag... then we'll talk about Harrison if you like...

1. ... about one Steeler coach being on the field...

160ej3p.jpg

2. Furthermore, can we put to rest Shaziers hit?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/11/shazier-non-call-was-the-right-call/

1. Assuming those are all Bengal coaches you have circled (which is highly doubtful), let me ask you the following: How many Steeler players might any of your circles also encompass? As stated in the prior post, it's Porter's interactions with the Bengals players that are his offense, not his mere presence on the field of play.

2. Short answer... no... and here's why...

Your end-all, referred article states:

Second, the ban against use of the crown of the helmet doesnt apply in a bang-bang situation. It requires the person delivering the blow with the crown of the helmet to line up the target. While close, thats not what happened between Bernard and Shazier.

This statement is wrong on two counts: it misstates the rule and misinterprets the action on the field.

Here is the rule in it's entirety:

ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive teams end line).

Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.

Please show me where any allowance is made for a "bang-bang play."

Second, the article says Shazier did not "line-up the target". The claim is absurd. Here is a screenshot of Shazier breaking at the release of the pass and beginning his run at Bernard a full six-yards away.

attachicon.gifShaz Shot 1.jpg

Running the video forward shows Shazier dips his head while he is still one to two-yards from impact and further dips just prior to impact. I've included several angles in case you are extra resistant to the truth...

attachicon.gifShaz Shot 2.jpgattachicon.gifShaz Shot 3.jpgattachicon.gifShaz Shot 4.jpgattachicon.gifShaz Shot 5.jpgattachicon.gifShaz Shot 6.jpg

All photos are taken from this video clip: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000620170/Ryan-Shazier-takes-down-Gio-Bernard-causes-fumble

How's your butt feel now?

Pittsburgh gave Carson Palmer the biggest cheap shot on his long TD pass that put Cincy up10-0 before getting rewarded with Jon Kitna willing to play Santa Claus to them the rest of the day. If Phil Simms and his colleague doing the game did their due diligence researching the rivalry - they might have understood the highlight of Pittsburgh taking Palmer's knee (and keeping it) had more to do with the origin of what was shaking out than the bad luck angle they preferred to use. That definitely wasn't one of Phil's finer moments covering a football game.

I'm sure LBer Keith Rivers remembers why he needed his jaw wired when a dirty Hines Ward blindsided him unnecessarily.

When Joey Porter is allowed to be above the rules by leaving the sideline to take the field flag-free - it's pretty fishy that only the player arguing with him got the flag.

No one was whining about a bounty, Wallace laid a nasty hit the last time the two teams played and he was flagged. The drama of the Bengals/steelers brought it to the surface. A lot of you look like a bunch of cry baby bitches. Are you Browns fans or Bengals fans? I post a lot on Reddit. Ravens fans were going into the Steeler sub that whole game and after laying into the Bengals. I guess because they've won recently they can look through clear glasses.

Keep crying on the Ravens fans shoulders. The Steelers are like someone who can dish it out but can't take it. They are the bullies who finally got smacked in the mouth and now they want sympathy.

You realize the NFl just issued a big thing on why the shazier hit wasn't flagged AND that is THE BENGALS sideline! Solo unless steelers coaches and personel went allllllllll the way across the field those are all Bengals circled. Check the hats still on the sideline.

Keep crying on the Ravens fans shoulders. The Steelers are like someone who can dish it out but can't take it. They are the bullies who finally got smacked in the mouth and now they want sympathy.

We're in the playoffs. I'm not crying and we got there without Bell a majority of the season, without pouncey all season, with Ben missing 5 games, Bryant missing 4. Deangelo Williams out for the Bengals game where our third and 4th string running backs rain the train. The ONLY reason the Bengals were even in that game is because Burfict knocked Ben out and then added the knee blow to the shoulder that went unflagged. I'm not crying but instead stating the facts.

As far as Steeler fans posting here I've stated a million times why I started posting here and guys that have been here a long time (some moderators) like having me around because I at least know football and try to be objective. Others troll but god damn can you blame them? There is a steeler thread on this board at least once per day.

Archived