THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Goff

SPEK216

When Tom Brady was drafted nobody thought he was likely to be Tom Brady.

Right, and since Tom Brady has been drafted, there hasn't been another one. He changed the way teams value intangibles like competitive fire and leadership.

Goff doesn't possess those qualities, in my opinion. Not to the same extent as Brady. Nobody does.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, but if the point is 'Goff dominated the other QBs in this draft class' then it would be nice to see how it stacks up with Wentz, that's my point.

Wentz also missed 8 games, so his stats wouldn't have been very flattering.

I still don't see anyone the Titans would be willing to drop for unless the cowgirls go for it. Depends whether they believe this is the best shot they will ever have to find Romo's heir apparent.

I agree, unless the pokes or someone else offers up a king's ransom (ref. RGIII type deal).

Then I guess we can presume that some team will be willing to trade up to #1? Tits ain't taking him. Who makes that trade? Cowboys? Rams? 49ers?

Then I guess we can presume that some team will be willing to trade up to #1? Tits ain't taking him. Who makes that trade? Cowboys? Rams? 49ers?

I'd think the 49ers would be the most likely to do it, but I don't see a trade happening at all - Tits likely will want way too much, #1 overalls don't get traded too often.

as far as just smart, Goff is not smarter than Wentz. I suppose he meant "football qb smart"...

...Goff is more NFL ready to start. But Wentz is the better pick. I don't see leadership

in Goff's personality in interviews. Don't know why, he doesn't smile much, or get

intrigued by much.

Wentz shows confidence, smiles a lot, has a sense of humor, and a fierce competitiveness about

football.

As far as trading up to #1... the price a team would have to pay isn't worth the difference

between these two excellent qb prospects.

as far as just smart, Goff is not smarter than Wentz. I suppose he meant "football qb smart"...

...Goff is more NFL ready to start. But Wentz is the better pick. I don't see leadership

in Goff's personality in interviews. Don't know why, he doesn't smile much, or get

intrigued by much.

Wentz shows confidence, smiles a lot, has a sense of humor, and a fierce competitiveness about

football.

As far as trading up to #1... the price a team would have to pay isn't worth the difference

between these two excellent qb prospects.

The price is set hy the seller. If the 49ers want to trade up to #1 the Titans may decide its worth their 2017 1st and #7. The price is really set by the market for the pick, not some goofy points system someone made up, if the Titans are determined to sell.

I'd think the 49ers would be the most likely to do it, but I don't see a trade happening at all - Tits likely will want way too much, #1 overalls don't get traded too often.

Actually, the thing that should happen is that Kaepernick should stay with the Niners....and play under Chip Kelly's system for which I believe he would be supremely suited to play.

But I also really believe that Kaepernik is deploying a certain amount of indirect racial prejudice in his attitude toward Kelly. He perceives that there were certain issues with race on the Eagles....and then prejudges Kelly because of that.

Anyone deny that possibility?

The price is set hy the seller. If the 49ers want to trade up to #1 the Titans may decide its worth their 2017 1st and #7. The price is really set by the market for the pick, not some goofy points system someone made up, if the Titans are determined to sell.

Quite true... WSH only was raped because they had to have RG3...

Redskins receive: 2012 first-rounder

Rams receive: 2012 first-rounder, 2012 second-round selection, 2013 first-rounder, 2014 first-rounder

... and because the Rams "liked" WSH better than they did us...

With friends like them...

Quite true... WSH only was raped because they had to have RG3...

Redskins receive: 2012 first-rounder

Rams receive: 2012 first-rounder, 2012 second-round selection, 2013 first-rounder, 2014 first-rounder

... and because the Rams "liked" WSH better than they did us...

With friends like them...

And what good did all those first round picks do for the Rams. Their track record at drafting in round one is about as bad as the Browns.

And what good did all those first round picks do for the Rams. Their track record at drafting in round one is about as bad as the Browns.

Well, they do have 4 first round picks on their DL.

They also have a pretty good HC and running game with Gurley.

Ironically, the only missing ingredient seems to be lack of a franchise QB.

Well, they do have 4 first round picks on their DL.

They also have a pretty good HC and running game with Gurley.

Ironically, the only missing ingredient seems to be lack of a franchise QB.

Do they now? I used to think so. But,

With all that talent....maybe his is overrated.

And we know that in LA-LA-Land, if that team does not win in like the first 4 weeks, the city will just ignore the team altogether.

Do they now? I used to think so. But,

With all that talent....maybe his is overrated.

And we know that in LA-LA-Land, if that team does not win in like the first 4 weeks, the city will just ignore the team altogether.

Fisher will never be mentioned in the same breath as Paul Brown or Lombardi, but I would take him as the Browns HC over anyone we've had since '99.

Look at what the Tits have accomplished since he left.

Breaking pictures of Goff's hands from pro day. https://ummyummyfood.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/img_1025.jpg

Bugles.... I remember those...

All right... Pro Day is in the books.

Commentators giving Goff high marks for his script being loaded with many, high difficulty throws.... many more than the average Pro day. Script totaled just shy of 70 throws.

After the script our Pep Hamilton came out with a water bottle and doused the ball for about another half dozen throws of Pep's choice. Undoubtedly a preview of a private workout yet to come. One wobbler was produced, but others were nice, tight throws.

Nice performance by Jared "Big Hands" Goff...

Undoubtedly a preview of a private workout yet to come.

Ok end the mystery? Listening to Maycock & Polian. Combine & Pro days ends throwing due to new players union rules? At private workout you chalk talk, tape, medical, view gym workout with agent's clearance. No on Field Throwing or on field drills period even RB/WR? Could go back a year or 2..

I was listening to Serius XM NFL radio on the way home today and they made a good point in whether the Browns go with Wentz or Goff. Basically they said that in that division you need a rugged big man in the QB position just because of the nature of the physical defenses they have to go against. They concluded both that since next year's QB class is pretty week and because Wentz is more sturdily build, they would go with him since they are really one - two in the QB class. They would not wait until next year. They think either will be a very good QB, but feel for the guy who has to survive while rebuilding the Browns completely. And of course they mentioned that Hue needs to be given a full 5 years to implement this turnaround. Also said that given how Thomas had at least two very good friends leave the team, they would not be surprised if he requested to be traded.

That would be awesome if we take the less talented guy for his build... But why stop at Wentz? Cardale looks a lot more sturdy to me...

Hyperbole aside...

Size would be an acceptable tie-breaker, if all else was equal, but I just do not see "all else" even close to being equal.

My hand measures 101/4th inch.....so I am used to reactions like this:

the-downside-of-having-a-large-penis_d5w

Devastated that the myth is untrue???

That would be awesome if we take the less talented guy for his build... But why stop at Wentz? Cardale looks a lot more sturdy to me...

Hyperbole aside...

Size would be an acceptable tie-breaker, if all else was equal, but I just do not see "all else" even close to being equal.

Conversely, it would be awesome to take a more cerebral guy just for his brains.

Can Chad Pennington still suit up? One of the most intelligent guys I've ever seen behind center.

watched Goff's pro day - he is terrific. You have to balance his experience, etc, with

Wentz's ruggeder? build, and much better, imho, downfield throws with zip on the ball.

They said vs Oregon, Goff as a freshman, got pulled from the game in the rain. who cares, he's a freshman.

and also said... that Goff had a tough time again, something like 15 of 40, in the wind and rain, again,

in Oregon. Of course, he wasn't playing with a terrific cast of other players around him to match up with

Oregon.

Goff has serious moxie. I'll be impressed with either one - I just think I'd give the edge to Wentz. He has more zip on

long throws, and at the combine, he was accurate like crazy throughout. We'll see at his pro day next week, I think it was.

But saying that Wentz is less talented is baloney. They have different "A+...s", that's all.

Goff did have a few throws, that when he really goes to zing it, a few wobbled... big deal, right? Nope.

Interesting to watch Wentz's pro day, and Lynch's pro day, and compare all three after watching them in a row.

And Pep put gatorade or water on the ball at the end of practice, and asked Goff to throw five more.

That is just funny. Goff zinged the ball, no problem. lol

Archived