THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Goff

SPEK216

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about hand size.....cause yesterday Hue stressed that it's really important in the cold weather.....then today, Goffs hands measured "too small"....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000638369/article/jared-goff-measures-with-9inch-hands-at-nfl-combine

And yet Hue won't even talk to his diminutive QB with the 10" hands. :P

Maybe we can harvest Johnny's? ("Hey, Johnny. Can you lend us a hand?")

Borrow a pair of Teddy B's gloves?

Deflate the balls a little?

E.J. Manuel, 10 3/8 in. Tim Tebow, 10 1/8 in. Mark Sanchez, 10 1/2. Christian Ponder, 10 1/4.

I dont think anyone is implying having big hands makes you good....I think it's more that small hands count against you.....how much?....who knows.....

Just reporting what Hue said yesterday....

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/02/hue_jackson_downplays_analytic.html

I think the "athleticism gap" is over estimated (and the Combine numbers will show it) and Wentz's resume is simply too thin...

Plus have I mentioned recently that I don't like running QBs?

No bridging this gap, TC, but as usual, it was interesting trying....

That's your prerogative.

It's also a misnomer calling Wentz a running QB - he's just simply a more talented athlete.

You'll eventually come around after we take Wentz.

Sooooo Vick what?

Is really the only one who's experienced sustained success.

Kaepernick is not a QB and will never be one, he was in an offense that emphasized his strengths but wasn't sustainable in the least.

I will never give Romo any sort of accolade whatsoever.

Goff is the man, he came in at a nice weight and people seem to think he can fill out more - combined with everybody thinking he's a G in interviews.

I don't think the interview with Hue will get hung up on the topic of hand size.

I hope he does fill out a bit. Those San Francisco winters are gonna be tough for him.

That's your prerogative.

It's also a misnomer calling Wentz a running QB - he's just simply a more talented athlete.

You'll eventually come around after we take Wentz.

138 carries his Jr. year for 642...

Essentially same pace his Sr. year... until he broke his wrist...

Game tape I viewed included multiple read options per game...

What is your definition of a running QB?

Goff... get thee to a masseuse!

According to Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports, the massage therapy Allen received seems to have done the trick, as his hands which measured 8 1/2 inches at the Senior Bowl have grown to 8 7/8 inches when measured here at the Scouting Combine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/25/brandon-allens-hand-stretching-worked-his-hands-are-still-teeny-though/

Kaepernick is not a QB and will never be one, he was in an offense that emphasized his strengths but wasn't sustainable in the least.

Romo f your boyfriend?

Goff is the man, he came in at a nice weight and people seem to think he can fill out more - combined with everybody thinking he's a G in interviews.

I don't think the interview with Hue will get hung up on the topic of hand size.

Dont downplay the small hands when were looking for someone to play in a city with possibly the worst conditions in football. I wonder if Goff got the masseuse hand stretch too...

Romo hasn't won anything...but he's also light years better than any QB we've had since Tim Couch and I'd think Romo is better than Couch. Kaepernick is just totally weird...the dude was 5 yards from winning the super bowl and now he can't play. Vick was pretty darn good with the Falcons.

I think the "athleticism gap" is over estimated (and the Combine numbers will show it) and Wentz's resume is simply too thin...

Plus have I mentioned recently that I don't like running QBs?

No bridging this gap, TC, but as usual, it was interesting trying....

Drafting Wentz with that small a sample size, and a history of a broken wrist will take a humougous leap of faith to draft him at #2. Even moreso than Johnny Football, because the repercussions of guessing wrong will set the Browns back at least another couple years.

I agree with the second video that Tobin comments on. Hand measurement could well be how much you can stretch your thumb and pinkie. You probably can compensate for a relatively small hand if you have a vice grip with your fingers. Playing around, yup, longer fingers will increase hand measurement. FWIW, I measured, and mine is 9" and I wear a large in lab gloves. Anyone who measures 10" has a freaking huge hand- make that doubly for Manziel who's exactly the same height as me. I'd be willing to bet Jimi Hendrix would have measured 11", the guy had freakishly long fingers.

"Halo. Jonny? Eres tu?"

"No hay telefonos buenos aqui en Cabo. Lo siento mucho. No puedo oir."

ROTFL Ag, maybe we ought to start putting in the translations, for those who don't understand Spanish.

"We don't have good telephones here in Cabo. Sorry, I can't hear (you)."

Hope Johnny knows what "manos arriba!" means.

"hands up!"

Drafting Wentz with that small a sample size, and a history of a broken wrist will take a humougous leap of faith to draft him at #2. Even moreso than Johnny Football, because the repercussions of guessing wrong will set the Browns back at least another couple years.

I agree with the second video that Tobin comments on. Hand measurement could well be how much you can stretch your thumb and pinkie. You probably can compensate for a relatively small hand if you have a vice grip with your fingers. Playing around, yup, longer fingers will increase hand measurement. FWIW, I measured, and mine is 9" and I wear a large in lab gloves. Anyone who measures 10" has a freaking huge hand- make that doubly for Manziel who's exactly the same height as me. I'd be willing to bet Jimi Hendrix would have measured 11", the guy had freakishly long fingers.

ROTFL Ag, maybe we ought to start putting in the translations, for those who don't understand Spanish.

"We don't have good telephones here in Cabo. Sorry, I can't hear (you)."

Hope Johnny knows what "manos arriba!" means.

"hands up!"

My Venezolano comes out at odd times. Once took a driving trip with my family from Texas to the ruins of Teotihuacan-a preaztec city N. of Mexico city. Within a couple of days my Spanish returned and I just set aside the dictionary. My kids still talk about that trip and Dad's "other language".

Teotihuacán 300px-SSA41434.JPG

View of the Avenue of the Dead and the Pyramid of the Sun, from the Pyramid of the Moon.

Archived