THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Goff

SPEK216

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well back in the day "Superbill" Bradley was the best athletic QB from Palestine, Texas who signed on with Darrell Royal at Texas. But his hand size was so small that about every 10th pass was a fluttering duck until Royal had to demote him. But he was such a great athlete that they switched him to defensive back. He went on to become the punter and starting safety for the Eagles and was 3-time All-Pro.

The only knock on Ricky Williams was hand size. Ask Ditka how that one worked out

Absolutely... problem was they were big enough to roll doobies...

Exactly what I said he'd run, FTR.

IIRC only if we truncate...

On the other hand Wentz's 3-cone was better than I thought it'd be.

Quick feet quick release, balls out.

The most polished QB in the draft.

Pretty good comments by Mayock

Wentz did well as well though, bb...

I'm wavering a little. Need another tape injection to get me back on track...

Wentz did well as well though, bb...

I'm wavering a little. Need another tape injection to get me back on track...

Yea the combine isn't as comparable as a game, though from what I've seen and heard Goff was more accurate with better anticipation still.

Yea the combine isn't as comparable as a game, though from what I've seen and heard Goff was more accurate with better anticipation still.

bb - you are having trouble being objective here. Stuck on a player. Wentz was equal and showed far better than I anticipated. I could live with either.

bb - you are having trouble being objective here. Stuck on a player. Wentz was equal and showed far better than I anticipated. I could live with either.

Nah I just didn't watch, been day drinking - I heard they were both good though. (So I still side with who is better on tape)

Nah I just didn't watch, been day drinking - I heard they were both good though. (So I still side with who is better on tape)

Gotta go grocery shopping- then I'm sitting down in the man cave with a bottle of wine and have a look see at all of the qbs.

Cal QB Jared Goff cites Hue Jackson as reason he can turn Browns around

By Mary Kay Cabot, Cleveland.com on February 25, 2016 at 5:26 PM, updated February 25, 2016 at 11:59 PM

INDIANAPOLIS -- Cal quarterback Jared Goff cited Browns coach Hue Jackson as the reason he could change the narrative in win-starved Cleveland if the Browns draft him No. 2 overall.

"It starts with coach Jackson,'' Goff said during his podium interview Thursday at the NFL Combine. "He's a great coach, and that if he ends up choosing me or whatever quarterback he ends up choosing, he's going to be able to make the guy successful. He's a great coach, a great offensive mind and a great quarterback guy.''

Goff has heard great things about Jackson, a former Cal assistant, from some folks in Berkeley, and from their mutual good friend and Cal alum Michael Silver, an NFL Network analyst. Goff will spend time with Jackson here at the combine.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/02/cal_qb_jared_goff_cites_hue_ja.html

I'd be happy with either, though still prefer Goff based on the brain and anticipation/quick release. Someone said Goff was the only one to make throws before guys made their breaks - and was on point doing so, pretty good with a bunch of receivers you have no chemistry with.

Cal QB Jared Goff cites Hue Jackson as reason he can turn Browns around

By Mary Kay Cabot, Cleveland.com on February 25, 2016 at 5:26 PM, updated February 25, 2016 at 11:59 PM

INDIANAPOLIS -- Cal quarterback Jared Goff cited Browns coach Hue Jackson as the reason he could change the narrative in win-starved Cleveland if the Browns draft him No. 2 overall.

"It starts with coach Jackson,'' Goff said during his podium interview Thursday at the NFL Combine. "He's a great coach, and that if he ends up choosing me or whatever quarterback he ends up choosing, he's going to be able to make the guy successful. He's a great coach, a great offensive mind and a great quarterback guy.''

Goff has heard great things about Jackson, a former Cal assistant, from some folks in Berkeley, and from their mutual good friend and Cal alum Michael Silver, an NFL Network analyst. Goff will spend time with Jackson here at the combine.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/02/cal_qb_jared_goff_cites_hue_ja.html

Any questions about how smart this kid is?

I'd be happy with either, though still prefer Goff based on the brain and anticipation/quick release. Someone said Goff was the only one to make throws before guys made their breaks - and was on point doing so, pretty good with a bunch of receivers you have no chemistry with.

I watched Wentz anticipate the breaks on long outs to the right pretty well yesterday and all were on target. I did not get to see Goff but assume he did the same.

I think Goff and Wentz are two winners, and no team will pay the price

to move up to pick one or the other.

Goff showed a good bit more arm strength than I thought, from questions about it.

In a few years, Lynch could be right up there with them - a winner. We'll see.

It would seem that with the AFC north, Wentz is the obvious choice.

But Peyton Manning was a skinny kid, too. I'll be cheering the pick of either one.

Don't make a bet on the Browns not drafting a qb at 2, you'll lose the bet.

I think Goff and Wentz are two winners, and no team will pay the price

to move up to pick one or the other.

Goff showed a good bit more arm strength than I thought, from questions about it.

In a few years, Lynch could be right up there with them - a winner. We'll see.

It would seem that with the AFC north, Wentz is the obvious choice.

But Peyton Manning was a skinny kid, too. I'll be cheering the pick of either one.

Don't make a bet on the Browns not drafting a qb at 2, you'll lose the bet.

Peyton also could have had some help from a pharmacist to bulk up if rumors hold true.

Archived