THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would anyone think they would draft CARDALE Jones and Get Kaepernick?

Neither one can read defenses worth a fuck!

If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

Precisely....and I assume that they will divert their attention elsewhere.

If the Browns don't draft one of those guys....who will? Dallas? Rams?

Yeah...I dont know where teams rank these guys.....after watching Rodgers drop to the bottom and Russell go #1, who knows what they'll do.....

I do think, they wouldnt make a trade for a guy like Kap and still pick one high.....and if they were "sold" that one of those guys was a franchise QB, then this wouldnt be happening today.....

Neither one can read defenses worth a fuck!

Well, Gabbert didn't exactly light it up with the 49ers. Looked good for a short while. However, the 49ers are looking for a starting QB (Goff or Wentz). I'm hoping we end up with a good Oline, with Kaep we'll have to see. A bad Oline, then he would be a wasted FA.

Well, Gabbert didn't exactly light it up with the 49ers. Looked good for a short while. However, the 49ers are looking for a starting QB (Goff or Wentz). I'm hoping we end up with a good Oline, with Kaep we'll have to see. A bad Oline, then he would be a wasted FA.

What is the status of the Wisniewski negotiations. That would be an initial help if we could land him.

I am not keen on Kaep but yes, if Hue sees it as his guy then I trust him more than I trust anyone in the peanut gallery to decide what he can do.

Maybe Kap's career could be resurrected- but I'm not counting on it.

If we take Kaep I think im done and will be looking for another team to root for. TBH the NFL is almost unwatchable anyway so I may just watch occasionally.

How to people not see how worthless this guy is?

He had one good year, then started filling his social media with pictures of cars/rolex's and all that immature crap. He got the big contract and completely sucked. He is not a team player and only is concerned with trying to be flashy and relevant.

He is just another Johnny in sheeps clothing. How am I the only one who sees this? RGIII is the same way.

There is no hunger there for anything.

If he doesn't like San Fran, how long is he gonna like Cleveland, with our FA's bailing left and right?

Browns just got their comp picks today. An extra fourth and two fifths. So this is likely not a coincidence with their plan to trade for Kaep.

Based on the comp picks, I can almost live with Kap for a fifth round pick, and cheap. If the Donkeys only gave up a seventh for Sanchez, that sort of sets the floor. If the 49ers want our second (which is really a first) they can go pound salt- or jump off the Golden Gate. OK, a fifth, and a conditional next year- based on how much and well he plays.

I heard that Kaep is still on Denver's radar despite Sanchez. Kaep is still their chief target. Still not sure why everyone is against Kaep.

Please go to Denver. Please. Hurt, flawed qb, can't read defenses.

If the browns acquire Kaep, they can go to hell and move.. He blows.

I happen to share your opinion- I hope Hue knows what he's doing. This could be Jeff Garcia, Part II.

I believe the Oline by far is the most import position of the Offense. When the 49ers had it, Kaep looked great. Oline was bad the last couple years, and look at the results. As a matter of fact, I believe most QBs in the league would look much if they had a good Oline. And believe or not, Tim Couch would've been "GREAT". By far the best QB we ever drafted since '99.

If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

Nathan Z on CBD said some NFL insider (Schefter or Morton or whoever don't remember) said if the Browns traded for Kaep they'd still draft Goff or Wentz. Take that for what you will.

A scenario I read on Fan Sided. The Forty-Niners trade with Tenessee and get Jared Goff.

It's a long way to the draft but I would never give up the second round pick at #32 Never

This feels like an elongated version of the time period between the announcement of our trade for the 2015 Drafts' 22nd pick and the announcement of Johnny Departed....

If we do this, it just feels like this is our QB move for the year...

Spoken like a true addict. "I'll quit. I promise!" LOL! :lol:

We could make serious $$$ opening a Browns rehab facility...

Need a good name tho... The Cleveland Clinic???

Maybe Kap's career could be resurrected- but I'm not counting on it.

If he doesn't like San Fran, how long is he gonna like Cleveland, with our FA's bailing left and right?

What I think he doesn't like is Chip Kelly...and he like Hue Jackson. (it could very well be a racial thing...but I don't care)

Based on the comp picks, I can almost live with Kap for a fifth round pick, and cheap. If the Donkeys only gave up a seventh for Sanchez, that sort of sets the floor. If the 49ers want our second (which is really a first) they can go pound salt- or jump off the Golden Gate. OK, a fifth, and a conditional next year- based on how much and well he plays.

Fair enough.

Please go to Denver. Please. Hurt, flawed qb, can't read defenses.

I happen to share your opinion- I hope Hue knows what he's doing. This could be Jeff Garcia, Part II.

Kaep quite a bit younger than Garcia....and not nearly the system QB that Garcia was. He could not operate outside of the WCO. I think Kaep is certainly Kaepable of doing that. GGGG.

Nathan Z on CBD said some NFL insider (Schefter or Morton or whoever don't remember) said if the Browns traded for Kaep they'd still draft Goff or Wentz. Take that for what you will.

I take it to be a pile of BS. You don't get a young QB....only 28, in his prime to be your starter and immediately draft his replacement.

You might go get someone in round 4-5 for that. Not #2 overall. If the Browns still want a QB at #2...then don't go after Kaepernik.

I take it to be a pile of BS. You don't get a young QB....only 28, in his prime to be your starter and immediately draft his replacement.

You might go get someone in round 4-5 for that. Not #2 overall. If the Browns still want a QB at #2...then don't go after Kaepernik.

I gotta agree with you here Gipper. Trading for Kaep and drafting a QB at 2 sounds like the ideal way to start a QB controversy.

I agree and I really don't want Kaep. Much prefer Goff. The fact that they are considering it suggests maybe they don't think Goff or Wentz are worth the second pick of the draft.

Kap isn't smart enough to play QB in the NFL, he was a gimmick QB in a zone read offense in 2012, DC's figured him out, stacked the box and forced him to throw the rock and make good reads and he's incapable of doing it consistently. His mechanics are terrible, his ability to read and diagnose a defense is terrible, his psyche is fragile, he isolated himself from the locker room in SF after he got benched. Just an immature, fragile, flawed player. The only reason he has any sort of value is because of how barren the QB landscape is in today's NFL and if you've ever won a handful of games as a starter (Kap, Osweiler, RG3, Fitzpatrick) you're all of a sudden a valuable asset. Kap is garbage and I don't want to waste time on him, he's not the answer long term. The only one of those guys who might have some long term success is Osweiler.

giphy.gif

Its my understanding that the Browns and 49ers have reached an agreement on the trade.... the hangup right now are the terms of Kaps new contract....so now....its whether we can get him to agree to a realistic restructured contract amount.....stay tuned.....

Kap isn't smart enough to play QB in the NFL, he was a gimmick QB in a zone read offense in 2012, DC's figured him out, stacked the box and forced him to throw the rock and make good reads and he's incapable of doing it consistently. His mechanics are terrible, his ability to read and diagnose a defense is terrible, his psyche is fragile, he isolated himself from the locker room in SF after he got benched. Just an immature, fragile, flawed player. The only reason he has any sort of value is because of how barren the QB landscape is in today's NFL and if you've ever won a handful of games as a starter (Kap, Osweiler, RG3, Fitzpatrick) you're all of a sudden a valuable asset. Kap is garbage and I don't want to waste time on him, he's not the answer long term. The only one of those guys who might have some long term success is Osweiler.

giphy.gif

Its kinda like not your decision to make. If he comes here you will waste time on him.

A scenario I read on Fan Sided. The Forty-Niners trade with Tenessee and get Jared Goff.

It's a long way to the draft but I would never give up the second round pick at #32 Never

Yeah- our #32 for Kap, and they use that and their #9 to move up to #1?

And if this trade is going down, I hope to God he comes cheap. Anything more than a fourth for damaged goods is too much in my book.

I agree with the previous. They trade for Kap, we're not taking Goff or Wentz.

Its my understanding that the Browns and 49ers have reached an agreement on the trade.... the hangup right now are the terms of Kaps new contract....so now....its whether we can get him to agree to a realistic restructured contract amount.....stay tuned.....

Lowball with incentives. Please.

Its kinda like not your decision to make. If he comes here you will waste time on him.

I won't waste time, but if he comes in and sucks. Well, you know the drill. Hue and the FO will have immediately shot themselves in the other foot. (They already shot one foot, in many fans minds, screwing up FA.)

I got a bad, bad feeling about this one Gip.. :(

Yeah- our #32 for Kap,

Holy god no....they wouldnt......no way....right?

Though wouldnt surprise me to see some kind of swap of picks, allowing the niners to get the #2....something like #7 - kap and a mid rounder for our #2 perhaps?.....or just a mid rounder for him straight up 4th? 5th?......

Gotta remember, they promised him a boat load of $$$$$$, so we are actually doing them a favor by taking him.....

Nope. I'll always be a Browns fan but that doesn't mean I have to support a front office that is so disillusioned and has their heads shoved so far up their own asses that they lost sight of the big picture. Bringing in Kap isn't a big picture move, it's a short sighted attempt at slapping a band-aid over a bullet wound. I will take an ugly 2016 if it means doing a rebuild the RIGHT WAY, not trying to appease fans/advertisers/financial backers by bringing in a high profile QB to help sell tickets, win couple extra games, and let Hue live out his pipe dream of turning water into wine with a flawed QB. There's no long term staying power, it will fall apart and we'll be right back where we started.

Source??? I hope you don't have one.......

if this team gets Kaep.. I may as well hang up My fandom for this team... No football men to even run the thing... Im at a loss for words.. but Im beginning to build a personal hate for My beloved Brownns because the only thing theyre good at is doing everything totally the wrong way..

Nope. I'll always be a Browns fan but that doesn't mean I have to support a front office that is so disillusioned and has their heads shoved so far up their own asses that they lost sight of the big picture. Bringing in Kap isn't a big picture move, it's a short sighted attempt at slapping a band-aid over a bullet wound. I will take an ugly 2016 if it means doing a rebuild the RIGHT WAY, not trying to appease fans/advertisers/financial backers by bringing in a high profile QB to help sell tickets, win couple extra games, and let Hue live out his pipe dream of turning water into wine with a flawed QB. There's no long term staying power, it will fall apart and we'll be right back where we started.

Like I said in another post, the Browns still want either Goff or Wentz. We know Josh McCown cant stay healthy. So the way I see it, we Kaep in FA, but start Josh. If and when he goes down, we bring in Kaep. This way Goff or Wentz can sit the pine for the season and learn.

Archived