THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

Holy god no....they wouldnt......no way....right?

Though wouldnt surprise me to see some kind of swap of picks, allowing the niners to get the #2....something like #7 - kap and a mid rounder for our #2 perhaps?.....or just a mid rounder for him straight up 4th? 5th?......

Gotta remember, they promised him a boat load of $$$$$$, so we are actually doing them a favor by taking him.....

Year ...... Base ...... ProRated . Roster..... Workout....... Cap # .. Dead Money. Pre-June 1 Savings

2016 $11,900,000 $2,465,753 $2,000,000 $400,000 $15,890,753 $7,397,260 $8,493,493

2017 $14,500,000 $2,465,753 $2,000,000 $400,000 $19,365,753 $4,931,507 $14,434,246

2018 $15,000,000 $2,465,754 $2,000,000 $400,000 $19,865,754 $2,465,754 $17,400,000

2019 $16,800,000 $0 ---------- $2,000,000 $400,000 $19,200,000 $0 ----------- $19,200,000

2020 $19,000,000 $0 -----------$2,000,000 $400,000 $21,400,000 $0 ----------- $21,400,000

Wentz is starting to look a lot better to me... So much would rather raise our own.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be the only one on the Kaep train but bring it on. If my decision is a QB that helped a team make a Super Bowl and the starter for North Dakota State, no decision to make.

No, I am also on his train. This just means that we will have 3 good QB (if Josh stays healthy). I really think Kaep will come in and perform much better with us. Too many naysayers on this forum.

The source is Mike Silver at NFL.com. He's writing the Browns and Forty-Niners have reached an agreement on draft picks and are working on the details.

Like we have any say in what Haslam and his henchmen do. If we took Kaepernick we could get Bosa at #2, Derrick Henry, Cardale Jones in 3rd or 4th. Mike Mayock was at Ohio State's Pro Day and thinks Jones will go 3-4 round. That's my positive slant. The negative is Kaepernick had surgeries and won't be able to throw until June.

over 33 hrs. & counting. Hell we could all be bearded & a little Irish if this keeps up. When we spin the clocks tomorrow who's getting paid for that free hour?

Why do I feel like the same people who were on the Manziel hype train are the same one's who want Kap? You guys are suckers for name value, Kap is absolute garbage. The only reason SF went to that SB was because they had the best defense in football, an elite OL, prime Frank Gore, and a killer zone read scheme from Jim Harbaugh that that treated Kap like the gimmick that he is.

Kap has not and never will be able to run a pro style offense, his progressions, decision making, football IQ, and mechanics are all terrible.

Why do I feel like the same people who were on the Manziel hype train are the same one's who want Kap? You guys are suckers for name value, Kap is absolute garbage. The only reason SF went to that SB was because they had the best defense in football, an elite OL, prime Frank Gore, and a killer zone read scheme from Jim Harbaugh that that treated Kap like the gimmick that he is.

Kap has not and never will be able to run a pro style offense, his progressions, decision making, football IQ, and mechanics are all terrible.

I think there will be some here who agree with you. But if it gets us an all defensive team instead of a big reach for a rookie QB, then what the hell.

I think trading for Kaep the Kipper is great trade,...

we take him off their hands...

and they give us their second round pick........

it's a no-lose deal.

It is our 3rd round pick for Kaep ........ we want him to redo his contract before trade goes ahead

Browns Willing To Trade A 3rd-Rd Pick For Colin Kaepernick, Want Him To Rework His Deal http://bit.ly/1YIs4Fh

Like I said in another post, the Browns still want either Goff or Wentz. We know Josh McCown cant stay healthy. So the way I see it, we Kaep in FA, but start Josh. If and when he goes down, we bring in Kaep. This way Goff or Wentz can sit the pine for the season and learn.

And dump Davis and Shaw. Not a good idea.

I'll repost this if we wind up with Kap make that Crap. For all you Kap pumpers- just remember THIS

Kaepernick got beat out by Blaine Freaking GABBERT. So cool your jets over this bum.

Ghoolie would approve of this message.

And dump Davis and Shaw. Not a good idea.

I'll repost this if we wind up with Kap make that Crap. For all you Kap pumpers- just remember THIS

Kaepernick got beat out by Blaine Freaking GABBERT. So cool your jets over this bum.

Ghoolie would approve of this message.

The whole "Ghoolie would approve this message" part kinda makes me hope we do it now. Worst case he's DA with wheels, best case he's DA circa 07 with wheels.

I could live with a 3rd rounder for him. Not excited, but not pissed either. Then again, I'm not completely sold on any of the QB's in the draft, so there's that.

Absolutely. But I think Hue will wait until we get Kaep then see if they can get a few FA's for the Oline. Might be a patch work for center or RT, but we still have the draft.

possibly patchwork, but perhaps here already: Thomas, Pasztor, Erving, Greco, Bitonio?

alternate: Thomas, Pasztor, Bitonio, Greco, Erving?

After losing guys like Mack and Schwartz who didn't want to be in Cle and went to noncontenders imo, envisioning this potential lineup made me feel a little better at least. not totally horrible on paper. cheap too. and possibly a better run blocking line.

possibly patchwork, but perhaps here already: Thomas, Pasztor, Erving, Greco, Bitonio?

alternate: Thomas, Pasztor, Bitonio, Greco, Erving?

After losing guys like Mack and Schwartz who didn't want to be in Cle and went to noncontenders imo, envisioning this potential lineup made me feel a little better at least. not horrible on paper at least. cheap too. and possibly a better run blocking line.

We WILL draft a tackle. No way you go into the season with that lineup. Not a sexy pick, but if Tunsil is available don't be surprised if he's the pick. Although, it's more likely around rds. 2-4 IMO.

I do think, they wouldnt make a trade for a guy like Kap and still pick one high.....and if they were "sold" that one of those guys was a franchise QB, then this wouldnt be happening today.....

after 17 yrs w/out a franchise QB you can't imagine an overkill situation where they would hedge their bets out of sheer desperation to improve their odds at solidifying the position once and for all?

it is a billion dollar company trying to win a trophy that hinges upon strong play at the QB position after all...

normally i would agree Mud but it's time they got it right regardless of how unorthodox or overboard it is. in fact deep down i really hope they do. can ya tell? :)

The whole "Ghoolie would approve this message" part kinda makes me hope we do it now. Worst case he's DA with wheels, best case he's DA circa 07 with wheels.

I could live with a 3rd rounder for him. Not excited, but not pissed either. Then again, I'm not completely sold on any of the QB's in the draft, so there's that.

I don't often agree with Ghoolie. I was having fun with the Ghoolie political disclaimer, but the above sure as shit scares the hell out of me. You want to talk DA? Possibly it might be the same scenario. Kap has been figured out by opposing defensive coordinators. That makes him essentially worthless. Hue might think he can do a serious reclamation project- but if you can't go through your progressions, and read defenses after 4 years as a starter in the NFL- you're never going to get "it".

if this team gets Kaep.. I may as well hang up My fandom for this team... No football men to even run the thing... Im at a loss for words.. but Im beginning to build a personal hate for My beloved Brownns because the only thing theyre good at is doing everything totally the wrong way..

because there's an exact science to building a winner, right?

have some faith, just let go...

all we can do is hope realistically, and doubt won't help build it any faster.

If this goes through, it tells you exactly what Hue thought of Wentz/Goff.

no it illustrates the new Browns brass understand the importance of the QB position and the value of structuring contracts that are sustainable. i believe (and hope) they are still looking at taking a QB early.

the Browns 3rd is essentially a late 2nd, pretty good backup if the $$ makes sense.

We WILL draft a tackle. No way you go into the season with that lineup. Not a sexy pick, but if Tunsil is available don't be surprised if he's the pick. Although, it's more likely around rds. 2-4 IMO.

betcha a 6'er they don't. not because i don't think they will, but more because i can afford it and like to cheers beers with peers.

to be crystal, he would need to be a pure OT, not a utility guy like Erv for you to win.

betcha a 6'er they don't. not because i don't think they will, but more because i can afford it and like to cheers beers with peers.

to be crystal, he would need to be a pure OT, not a utility guy like Erv for you to win.

I'd have bet a bottle of Don Julio on it, but free beer tastes good too. I'll take your beer, I mean bet.

I'd have bet a bottle of Don Julio on it, but free beer tastes good too. I'll take your beer, I mean bet.

i'd take the Don Julio ante if i liked my own terms more lol. that and it's hard to invest more when i genuinely do hope there is a bpa OT sitting there for us to snag up somewhere on draft day.

a stadium beer 6 pack and quite a few craft brews today would actually cost more than the DJ (!), so just to finalize how about we set a $20-ish ceiling? good?

hopefully we can collect in person a few hrs before a Browns win.

they gave him a deal for that much money??????

they actually should give US a third rounder to take him

off their hands.

He won't give up half that to go to the Browns....

bored silly So, Kap & Wentz in combine numbers similar, both 6'5" Kap -233/237lbs. hands Wentz-10"/ 9 1/8. 40 time Kap-4.53/4.77. vert.Kap-32 1/2/ /30 1/2. broad-Wentz-118"/115". 3 cone Kap-6.85/6.86 Goff-6'4-215 hands 9"- 40 time 4.82. vert.27". Broad 110" 3 cone-7.17

Well...if we end up with McCown, Kap and Goff/Wentz the fans will be very confused about which one to chant for......

While it might sound like a good idea on paper, Id rather pick a guy and commit for a minute....but with 3 potential starters??? talk about your QB controversies......

Archived