THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

says the fan of the team with no franchise qb.

how do you know they are reaches?

three #1's for RG3 was a reach, but only in hindsight.

when you don't have a franchise qb at all, to get one there is almost no such thing as a reach.

Even the Walrus didn't want to match The Skins level of stupidity in offering the Rams the entire farm. So... No. Some people see a bad thing before and as it happens.

RG3 was one of those things.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhh....I misinterpreted that salary chart then....I thought the first column "guaranteed base" was ALL guaranteed.....my bad

Ah... I see now... the column label in my first chart 3 pages ago.... fixed now....

Here's the link to the OTC page... Shows three years of pro-rated bonus is all he is due. $7.4mm total...

http://overthecap.com/player/colin-kaepernick/62/

Well that helps.....looks like a lot of conditional money, escalators, etc....still think San Fran has got to want to move on from that deal.....so maybe they take some salary....we take some salary....and Kap gives up some salary.....and everybody wins....

Holy shit a good read & Hue pack your tent, if, Kaps a golddigger too in a competition sport .. Quote--Kap is "wary of taking a lower $ deal on a bad team that is losing talent & that may also use it's 1st round pick #2 on a QB." Those are reasonable concerns, 9'ers & Brns. can agree on a deal all they want, but if Brns. requires a restructured deal from Kap to get something done, Kap holds the cards. The Hue & GM Sashi team has just met their 1st crossroads...

so talked to a die hard 9er fan last night and mentioned the kaep to cleveland thing and he reminded me of why hue wants kaep so bad is because he wanted to draft him in oakland when he was head coach, so for all those 'in hue we trust' people out there or ones that are on the fence about him (me) there was something then and now that jackson likes about this guy.

all i know (as someone has mentioned prev) is it's a big gamble considering a regime that just got fired because of the horse they hitched their wagon to, albeit an owner pick or not.

so talked to a die hard 9er fan last night and mentioned the kaep to cleveland thing and he reminded me of why hue wants kaep so bad is because he wanted to draft him in oakland when he was head coach, so for all those 'in hue we trust' people out there or ones that are on the fence about him (me) there was something then and now that jackson likes about this guy.

all i know (as someone has mentioned prev) is it's a big gamble considering a regime that just got fired because of the horse they hitched their wagon to, albeit an owner pick or not.

It is a gamble...but Hue has a reputation as a QB guy so if he sees something in Kap that he can work with, who am I to question it. If it works, we're all happy and if it doesn't we're back to square 1 in 2 years when Hue gets fired.

It is a gamble...but Hue has a reputation as a QB guy so if he sees something in Kap that he can work with, who am I to question it. If it works, we're all happy and if it doesn't we're back to square 1 in 2 years when Hue gets fired.

Again Andy Dalton, the least desirable middle-of-the-road quarterback in the playoffs? That's where the guru tag comes from? Or Carson Palmer? Palmer was a first-round number one pick wasn't he? And the guidance of Hue Jackson was where exactly?

It seems more should have been expected from him, no?

WSS

Again Andy Dalton, the least desirable middle-of-the-road quarterback in the playoffs? That's where the guru tag comes from? Or Carson Palmer? Palmer was a first-round number one pick wasn't he? And the guidance of Hue Jackson was where exactly?

It seems more should have been expected from him, no?

WSS

I'm not sure...just saying what I've read about him. After the shit show we've had at QB over the past 15 years, I'd take Andy Dalton in a heartbeat.

Actually, Dalton was 2nd in passer rating (106.3) 2nd in yards per attempt (8.42) 8th in comp.% (66.1) and threw 3.5 TDs for every interception. (25/7). apart from losing 3 games to injury, this was his best season by far. Dalton took a huge step forward in 2015 and Hue deserves at least a little credit for helping him develop into a top 10 guy.

Well maybe I'm just saying of the teams in the NFL he'd be hovering somewhere the Midway point. Really a game changer?

WSS

That's what you hope for when you have nothing. Or we could politely ask Green Bay to trade us Rodgers. Or maybe we draft another Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden or Johnny Manziel. You can win a Super Bowl with a 15th best QB and a 1st rated defense.

Actually, Dalton was 2nd in passer rating (106.3) 2nd in yards per attempt (8.42) 8th in comp.% (66.1) and threw 3.5 TDs for every interception. (25/7). apart from losing 3 games to injury, this was his best season by far. Dalton took a huge step forward in 2015 and Hue deserves at least a little credit for helping him develop into a top 10 guy.

Well said!

Where? Whole deal he signed with SF was for just under $13mm guaranteed and over $10mm of it was in his first year.

Um, I don't think so Tour.....

So if I see that correctly it behooves SF financially to trade him out before April 1 or not at all, correct?

That's the way I read it Ag. He has a $11 million salary and a $2 million roster bonus that becomes guaranteed- April 1st sounds about right.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/11/shrewd-term-in-kaepernick-contract-takes-on-greater-importance/

Not an answer but an upgrade. Goff or Wentz could be the next Andrew Luck but more often than not they are the next Teddy Twatwater.

MHO the only upgrade over McCown is he's younger. And apparently a lot more expensive.

Um, I don't think so Tour.....

Was true, but only for his Base Salary...

His Prorated bonus money is guaranteed, but adds only ~$7.4mm in guaranteed money over the balance of his contract.

at this point or any point as a browns fan do any of us get a say so in what goes on so.......

only time i really felt the bad vibes was with holgren and i let it ne known.

this regime just like the last, i'll give it a chance.

sometime, somehow the peeps from above have to know you can't grow anything if you keep riiping out the seeds you wanted to plant.

That's what you hope for when you have nothing. Or we could politely ask Green Bay to trade us Rodgers. Or maybe we draft another Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden or Johnny Manziel. You can win a Super Bowl with a 15th best QB and a 1st rated defense.

Well we don't have the number one rated D do we? We're just talking about the quarterback. if mediocrity is your goal, hell yes Andy Dalton is just fine.

Also if they were the same age and under the same circumstances I'm just happy with Josh McCown.

My point is if we are drafting at number 2 and Jackson is supposed to be some sort of hot shit Guru I expect an elite quarterback.

I wonder how many teams in the entire NFL would be happy to trade Dalton for their starter.

WSS

Well we don't have the number one rated D do we? We're just talking about the quarterback. if mediocrity is your goal, hell yes Andy Dalton is just fine.

Also if they were the same age and under the same circumstances I'm just happy with Josh McCown.

My point is if we are drafting at number 2 and Jackson is supposed to be some sort of hot shit Guru I expect an elite quarterback.

I wonder how many teams in the entire NFL would be happy to trade Dalton for their starter.

WSS

You can build a defense, can't build a QB. Josh Mccown is mediocre, sorry to all the Browns fans who love Mccown, but he's a bottom tier QB. Just because a guy is a QB guru doesn't mean he can polish a turd into a diamond. At least half would trade their starter for Dalton and I can guarantee their would be zero interest in Mccown as a starter across the league.

MHO the only upgrade over McCown is he's younger. And apparently a lot more expensive.

That would be your opinion and you'd be wrong. Mccown is a journeyman backup with lackluster stats that has a job because the Cleveland Browns didn't want to pay ex-Brown great Brian Hoyer and they thought Johnny Football was the future.

this regime just like the last, i'll give it a chance.

sometime, somehow the peeps from above have to know you can't grow anything if you keep riiping out the seeds you wanted to plant.

Welcome in Mik. When Hue says "We need a QB" trust the apple seeds he puts in & a good 1 or 2 may fall off the tree. Man we our Dew..

You want to trade JT for a 2nd round pick? Whats the hit rate for 2nd rounders these days for good teams? 1 in 2? We have a pro bowl caliber player, who we can afford, who likes it here, and you wanna trade him for a 2nd rounder and some change? Give me a break.... We have enough holes on this roster, why create more? We still have Thomas, Bitonio and Greco so three slots are locked down. Erving still has potential and will get better. Pasztor showed some promise and if those two guys work out our starters are set. We'll add another guy, but at 2 seems crazy when we have so many other deficiencies.

Hey i didnt say i wouldnt take a 1st rounder, just not sure anybody would give us one at this point. But yeah if some team wanted to give us their post 1st round draft for jt, id take it. I love jt dude, but if we could send him to a team thats gonna see the playoffs id fo it.

I only want Kap if it frees us up go DL/LB at #2 and WR/....@32we can get a QB to work with

McCown and Kap for a year and backup Kap for a year! Gives us two years to build something to sustain for the future! Otherwise NO Kap and QB @2!!! GO BROWNS

Archived