THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

i'd take the Don Julio ante if i liked my own terms more lol. that and it's hard to invest more when i genuinely do hope there is a bpa OT sitting there for us to snag up somewhere on draft day.

a stadium beer 6 pack and quite a few craft brews today would actually cost more than the DJ (!), so just to finalize how about we set a $20-ish ceiling? good?

hopefully we can collect in person a few hrs before a Browns win.

Deal.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And dump Davis and Shaw. Not a good idea.

I'll repost this if we wind up with Kap make that Crap. For all you Kap pumpers- just remember THIS

Kaepernick got beat out by Blaine Freaking GABBERT. So cool your jets over this bum.

Ghoolie would approve of this message.

Obviously you don't watch the 49ers. Last season was part Kaep, part 49ers organization. And to all Wentz pumpers remember that his best victory was vs Northern Iowa.

Well...if we end up with McCown, Kap and Goff/Wentz the fans will be very confused about which one to chant for......

While it might sound like a good idea on paper, Id rather pick a guy and commit for a minute....but with 3 potential starters??? talk about your QB controversies......

So who do you expect to Mentor the rookie? Josh or one of the biggest assholes in the league?

(but I would not bet on a high quarterback pick if these guys are enamored with that scumbag)

WSS

So who do you expect to Mentor the rookie? Josh or one of the biggest assholes in the league?

(but I would not bet on a high quarterback pick if these guys are enamored with that scumbag)

WSS

we're in the same boat......Id want Josh and a rookie.....no need to sign Kap if we are picking a QB in the draft.....

And if we sign Kap....(or Fitzy)(or anybody else ftm)....then no need to pick one this year.....

we're in the same boat......Id want Josh and a rookie.....no need to sign Kap if we are picking a QB in the draft.....

And if we sign Kap....(or Fitzy)(or anybody else ftm)....then no need to pick one this year.....or

Kap is JM 2.0 taller and without the liquor store. Unable to make the adjustment to pocket passer. And doesn't this go against the new philosophy of build through the draft and not waste $ for FA's (or in this case giving away a draft pick + $)? And if we take Kap anyway, then concentrate on the D in the draft and not another QB.

Kap is JM 2.0 taller and without the liquor store. Unable to make the adjustment to pocket passer. And doesn't this go against the new philosophy of build through the draft and not waste $ for FA's (or in this case giving away a draft pick + $)? And if we take Kap anyway, then concentrate on the D in the draft and not another QB.

Now this is crazy. I don't want to be the Colin Kaepernick fan club captain but over 2 1/2 years he completed 60% of his passes for 50 TDs 21 INTs, rushed for another 10 TDs and played in a Super Bowl. I don't think he is Joe Montana by any stretch but @ $10 million guaranteed he is worth the risk.

Kap is JM 2.0 taller and without the liquor store(and a SB appearance). Unable to make the adjustment to pocket passer. And doesn't this go against the new philosophy of build through the draft and not waste $ for FA's (or in this case giving away a draft pick + $)? And if we take Kap anyway, then concentrate on the D in the draft and not another QB.

I think their clearly defined and stated philosophy on QB is and has been to leave no stone unturned and investigate every conceivable option.....and when you're desperate(and we are) then you try everything you can......Im not a fan of Kap, but think if they are serious about signing him, then they have some misgivings about their draft options and just dont want to pass on other top talent(again) to pick another "maybe" project QB.....(at least, not in the first)

...they've clearly said they prefer to build through the draft and dont think FA is the ticket to building a team....but, that doesnt completely disqualify signing any FA's or trading for a young player you think can help....you use all the tools available.....

Well...if we end up with McCown, Kap and Goff/Wentz the fans will be very confused about which one to chant for......

While it might sound like a good idea on paper, Id rather pick a guy and commit for a minute....but with 3 potential starters??? talk about your QB controversies......

So you don't think its a good idea for Wentz or Goff to sit and learn for a year or two? We know that Josh probably won't last a year, which means that Kaep comes in. I think this is the best scenario considering we need to build on a quality QB.

Do I think its a good idea or what the Browns will do?.... cause thats 2 different things?

Personally, no I dont think 3 QB's competing for the starter position is a healthy environment.....if a QB is worth the #2 overall pick, then Im not a fan of planning to sit him 2 years.....and, if I was gonna sit him, Id go with a much cheaper option than Kap as my back up....it's not as if we're gonna be contending in the next year or 2, so Id vote for making a clear plan on "who" the next QB is and not muddy the water with a guy like Kap.....

Agree.... cannot see this signing and drafting a QB at #2.

A 3rd round flyer on Dak? Sure... similar skill sets. Keep McC as the vet backup/mentor for both...

But I do not like running QBs.... just don't...

Have I mentioned that before?

Feels like what may be at the heart of the "salary renegotiation" is how much of the current contract SF is going to eat...

I hope they put conditions on the pick considering the favor the Browns would be doing for the 9ers if he never returns to form.

One thing about this though, it sure paints a picture of what Hue wants to do on offense.

With all of the holes the front office has left us a third round pick, especially as high as ours, is a high price to pay for a player the other team wants to shitcan.

WSS

If I keep an open mind, I COULD remember Kaepernick wasn't a bad QB at all when they made it to the Superbowl. Did he just wake up a bad QB or did that franchise lose a lot of productive players the last 2-3 years while some aging receivers that stayed were losing a step or 2 they couldn't afford to. In the last 2 years their offense lost Michael Crabtree, Vernon Davis, Mike Iupati, Frank Gore just to name a few as well as others and the OC/HC and style of offense most suitable to Kaep's skill set.

If Hue thinks he can re-tap the previous version of Kaepernick, there could be a trade back for more picks or us using the 2nd pick on a defensive guy with him thinking of snagging a Brandon Doughty or a Kevin Hogan later. We can also keep McCown.

I think their clearly defined and stated philosophy on QB is and has been to leave no stone unturned and investigate every conceivable option.....and when you're desperate(and we are) then you try everything you can......Im not a fan of Kap, but think if they are serious about signing him, then they have some misgivings about their draft options and just dont want to pass on other top talent(again) to pick another "maybe" project QB.....(at least, not in the first)

...they've clearly said they prefer to build through the draft and dont think FA is the ticket to building a team....but, that doesnt completely disqualify signing any FA's or trading for a young player you think can help....you use all the tools available.....

I'm not all knowing and seeing, butt I see Kap as a compliment to how our offense seems to be

headed. I see a revamped OL with maulers instead of finesse! I see a stout run game with lots of Duke J. screens and use of his speed/pass catching ability. I also see a way to get both defense

and a WR high in this draft! I just don't see us taking Ramsey @2 nor do I see Bosa! I see a 3-4

De or LB @2 and a BIG WR @31 to be ready if JG doesn't pan out or leaves after 2016....Just my 2$...

I have no cents!!! GO BROWNS

If I keep an open mind, I COULD remember Kaepernick wasn't a bad QB at all when they made it to the Superbowl.

If Hue thinks he can re-tap the previous version of Kaepernick...

Certainly the key factor is Hue seeing a clear path back to the early Kaep... but a glance at his stats does not show a step change, but rather a slow, steady decline from his breakout 2012 season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

there's certainly potential for controversy, but that only happens if it's a close race among healthy players.

usually injury dictates who's the "next man up" in Cleveland, so with the right coach it seems it could be a manageable situation.

it would just be so nice to lock up the entire QB room for the mid-long term ya know? just wishful thinking.

Look, Kap or Dick. We understand we have to pay the price to come to Cleveland. Say it with me..." For 9M plus incentives am taking my Talents To Cleveland. I am no longer worth a dime more".

I hope they put conditions on the pick considering the favor the Browns would be doing for the 9ers if he never returns to form.

One thing about this though, it sure paints a picture of what Hue wants to do on offense.

MHO is our third rounder is too high for Kap, considering the Broncos only gave a 7th for Sanchez. Sure if he returns to SB form, we got a bargain, but I'm not counting on that.

So.... as I suggested before, offer them a fifth round (we have 3) or maybe a 4th (we have 2) and a conditional pick in 2017 based on his performance. (he makes the Pro Bowl, you get your second) Dear Sashi- cover your bases. And while we're at it, make the contract base cheap and heavily laden with incentives. Fer sure, we bring him in McCown isn't starting, and may well be gonzo.

I do not like running QBs.... just don't...

I do not like green eggs and ham..

I'm not sure Kaep is actually a QB any more. Kaepernick might be better as a RB, similar to Denard Robinson for the Jags. Just like JFF, Kaepernick's next correct progression will be his first. I forget where I saw the story explaining that Kaepernick wasn't calm enough to complete a fullback flare on the first play of the game for multiple games in a row - he would transform the play into a QB sweep to the other side of the field from the FB..

I'm all mixed up on this. I want a QB at number 2 but not sure? If they get Wentz and let him learn with McCown I'm all for it! I see an advantage to taking Kaepernick only if the number two pick is Bosa and the 32 pick someone like Derrick Henry. What I'm trying to say is after 50 years I just don't trust any of the Front Offices anymore. I'd like Bosa, a wide receiver, running back and then defense. I'd be happy if we just played McCown!

I'm all mixed up on this. I want a QB at number 2 but not sure? If they get Wentz and let him learn with McCown I'm all for it! I see an advantage to taking Kaepernick only if the number two pick is Bosa and the 32 pick someone like Derrick Henry. What I'm trying to say is after 50 years I just don't trust any of the Front Offices anymore. I'd like Bosa, a wide receiver, running back and then defense. I'd be happy if we just played McCown!

Yeah if they traded for Kaepernick, then took Bosa/Jack, Doctson and filled holes with the rest of their picks, I can't say as I would be upset with that.

I would rather take a QB in the middle to late rounds even if we dont get Kaep ........Goff and Wentz are reaches at 2 IMO.

Best player available has never done the ravens any harm

Archived