Browns Kaepernick Rumors

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wish list for me for the Browns at QB would go:

1. Goff

2. Kaepernick

3. Wentz

If only those three realistic options were presented. Says more probably about the divide that I see between the two potential draftees than it does about Kaepernick, Everyone keeps saying that the Goff and Wentz is a coin toss - but I don't see them as comparable.

CS59gbaVAAABGAe.jpg

One was benched on an awful team and the other won MVP..

It was from 2015 until he got benched. Honestly, I just put that there to rustle some jimmies as my grandpa would say.

OK, as Paul Harvey would say- here's the rest of the story. I did notice Kaps TD\INT ratio has gotten progressively worse. Starting record 2-6 Or, he can only win if surrounded by an absolute stud offense?

Cam Newton

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00.htm

Colin Kaepernic

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

I've since learned take everything you see on Twitter with a huge grain of salt.....

Sure we're in a bargaining position. The 49ers are going to have to agree to our terms, as well as Kap, or San Fran is either going to have to pay him his $13 million April 1st, or flat out cut him before. Remember, remember a few reports a couple months ago said the 49ers might just release CK rather than pay him his guaranteed money?

Ag, I'd want one good year out of Kap in Cleveland, before I pay him mid-starter money. Or the rest of his contract. Which happens to be fully guaranteed if he gets hurt. I would assume you've read the recent scouting reports, and they plain give me the willies. LOL, sort of like my reluctance on our departed Party Boy.

I would hope the analytics are what's holding things up. Could be Sashi and DePo crunched the numbers, and have a figure in mind for what they're willing to pay Kap, and they aren't going to go offering him a crazy Osweiler deal. Just because one team way overpaid doesn't mean the Browns have to.

Hue, what happened at Nevada is ancient history. I'd start by taking a look at his recent injury report, and watch a ton of game film from last year before you get the hots to bring him in. Doesn't seem to be a great teammate, and positive locker room presence either.

Unfounded source? If so, please keep on leveraging Collin.

As far as I am concerned, Kaepernik shouldn't be so adamant about getting his money. Especially if he could be cut in twenty days and lose basically all of it.

He should be willing to signed a revised....heavily incentivised contract. If he thinks he is good enough.

And if he doesn't think he is good enough...perhaps he is not the man to be here.

The wish list for me for the Browns at QB would go:

1. Wentz

2. Wentz

3. Wentz

4. Goff

5. Kaep won't take a giant pay cut, or he'd already be here, I think. Just say "no" to Kaep.

As far as I am concerned, Kaepernik shouldn't be so adamant about getting his money. Especially if he could be cut in twenty days and lose basically all of it.

He should be willing to signed a revised....heavily incentivised contract. If he thinks he is good enough.

And if he doesn't think he is good enough...perhaps he is not the man to be here.

I have to say this: I wasn't aware of Kaep's injuries. With that said, i'm no longer interested. Browns: Please do not go after this guy.

Holy cherrypicked crap statistic comparison, Batman.

Newton's 2015 regular season: 3837yds/35td/10int

Kaepernick's 2015 regular season: 1615/6/5

If Kaep was any good last year, he wouldn't have been benched. He's terrible.. and I wouldn't disagree with the assertion that he was NEVER anything more than a cog in Harbaugh's good offense.

Holy cherrypicked crap statistic comparison, Batman.

Newton's 2015 regular season: 3837yds/35td/10int

Kaepernick's 2015 regular season: 1615/6/5

If Kaep was any good last year, he wouldn't have been benched. He's terrible.. and I wouldn't disagree with the assertion that he was NEVER anything more than a cog in Harbaugh's good offense.

I find it quite hilarious that you get mad about cherry picking stats but you take stats from 16 games compared to 8 like that's somehow is, in any way, a fair statistical comparison..

I still don't want Kap though.

Ok.

Kaepernick is a read option qb. If you want a read option offense he's a good one otherwise he's average at best but can only understand basic pass routes from the wr's. He did well learning when Harbaugh was the HC and the reason is because of the read option plus they could run the ball as well then.

Get?

He missed a couple points on the guarantees in Kaep's contract.... but who hasn't?

Otherwise, not sure what you are asking...

I think we need to either take "actively" out of the title or add a question mark ... or both.

Substitute "passively"???

"Foolishly" perhaps. Or, "Browns helping 49ers put the screw to the Broncos"

I'd be good with the latter!!!

What were these surgeries that CK underwent? How serious...and to what body parts?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14518735/colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-undergoes-surgery-right-thumb-left-knee

Ligament repair, throwing thumb. Undisclosed left knee surgery. Left shoulder previously operated on, (Checked in Vail where he had the other two procedures done earlier this year.) Also has a stabilizing rod in one of his legs (Shades of Tony Romo's shoulder.)

I'm agreeing with Pluto. Steer clear, or only offer a low pick- preferably fifth round. The problem is if we bring him in as a starter- and he gets hurt- the rest of the contract is fully guaranteed- around $60 million bucks, if Sprotrac is right. I'm not going for that.

Maybe the 49ers will figure based on Osweiler's $18 million this year, Kap's $13 million is cheap by comparison.

More reasons to take Ramsey @2. We all know what the shitsburg have at WR. Baltimore just picked up Mike Wallace with Smith Sr. coming back & Weddle may not cover them all but sure the shit will hit them. Cinn. re-signs all their DB's to cover such WR's & surely will address WR's with Eifert only target. Hue needs to get off this Kap deal & go back to plan A--Wentz or Goff or plan B --Ramsey if he see's Cook, Hackenberg, C.Jones in his pro style offense.

Lots of talk in Frisco that he pussied out last year. Maybe he had an addadicktome surgery too. Whether the Browns get him or not, I don't see the other 2 former picked QBs staying around long.

Per Hoorta it looks like he did have some actual, fairly serious issues. Enough to give one pause.

For my own childish reason, I hope he ends up in Dallas. Then he can be known as, Colon Cowboy!

I like the Colon cowboy better....Butt he also could be called the Browns Colon!:-)

Archived