THE BROWNS BOARD

RG3 Signs with the Browns

KillerInstinct3

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the commish will probably wait til after the draft, per his friends, the looney rooneys.

Cal, even the Rooneys can't mess with this one- it's in the CBA- plain as mud. What's puzzling to me- is the why this is all so hush-hush. Gordon HAD to have met with the Medical Director by now, way past 45 days. Not a peep anywhere. I'll assume that went OK. So where's the Twitterverse Gordon to meet with Goodell to discuss possible reinstatement?

First, do you actually stomp your feet when you make your little nonsensically unresponsive posts or is that just what i imagine when I read them?

Second, do you honestly believe that all first rounders are created equal? All 32 of them?

My responses are perfectly apt:

No, but I believe all first rounders should be productive, contributing members to their team on at least an intermediate basis.

Do you not believe that?

My responses are perfectly apt:

No, but I believe all first rounders should be productive, contributing members to their team on at least an intermediate basis.

Do you not believe that?

I don't always agree with the Gipper but if you are one of the 32 best football players in the country, meaning the world, it stands to reason you should be able to play at at least a respectable level, no?

The exception to the rule should be when a first-round player busts.

WSS

I don't always agree with the Gipper but if you are one of the 32 best football players in the country, meaning the world, it stands to reason you should be able to play at at least a respectable level, no?

The exception to the rule should be when a first-round player busts.

WSS

I think the point is that the Browns historically don't always take one of the best 32 players with their first round pick.

I think the point is that the Browns historically don't always take one of the best 32 players with their first round pick.

Well, the theory is that they are supposed to be able to evaluate these players at a level where most of these first round picks are productive contributors. I think they should hit on a minimum 60%. But, yes, historically they have sucked swamp water in this area.

They are only hitting at a 20% rate. Yes, it is a gripe about the past....and unproductive toward the future. But it explains why yet again we have to try to go after positions that I think should have been covered: QB, pass rusher etc.

Over and over again we have to keep drafting the same thing. in the last 10 years we have gotten one JT, one Haden, one Mack.

We should have had 7 players that played at that level, not three. And one of them should have been a damned QB.

Well, the theory is that they are supposed to be able to evaluate these players at a level where most of these first round picks are productive contributors. I think they should hit on a minimum 60%. But, yes, historically they have sucked swamp water in this area.

They are only hitting at a 20% rate. Yes, it is a gripe about the past....and unproductive toward the future. But it explains why yet again we have to try to go after positions that I think should have been covered: QB, pass rusher etc.

Over and over again we have to keep drafting the same thing. in the last 10 years we have gotten one JT, one Haden, one Mack.

We should have had 7 players that played at that level, not three. And one of them should have been a damned QB.

a major part of the problem is the constant upheaval. Who knows, in a certain coach's system some of the Browns' first-rounders may have actually been decent. The problem is Browns players never really get more than 3 years playing in and seeing other players drafted for the same system. One front office has a vision, drafts players that fit that vision, and before those players "click" and a solid core of players is established that vision is flushed, a new front office comes in, wants to bring in "their" guys, and the never-ending rebuild starts again. Very few players can excel no matter what system they're placed in/what teammates they have around them, and that would account for our measly 20%. If the Browns had some stability, that number very well may be 60%.

a major part of the problem is the constant upheaval. Who knows, in a certain coach's system some of the Browns' first-rounders may have actually been decent. The problem is Browns players never really get more than 3 years playing in and seeing other players drafted for the same system. One front office has a vision, drafts players that fit that vision, and before those players "click" and a solid core of players is established that vision is flushed, a new front office comes in, wants to bring in "their" guys, and the never-ending rebuild starts again. Very few players can excel no matter what system they're placed in/what teammates they have around them, and that would account for our measly 20%. If the Browns had some stability, that number very well may be 60%.

I doubt it. I don't think it was the system, or the change in system. All of these guys had chances to go play in other systems. And only maybe Warren and Wimbley and K2 were mediocre at best in those other systems, not better than they were here though. When these guys went elsewhere, they all were just as putrid as they were here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

e3f3664ecbfbe219c170189e4a9ad078.jpg

As of tomorrow RG3 was named a Brown 4 months ago. Enjoyed reviewing the old opinions. But shortly things will really start to come into focus..(so has RG3 teammates) Make your final claim now. We all know it starts at QB position. Did Hue Jackson get his right guy,with Goff off the board? No Pressure, No Diamonds..

gftChris, put the warm beer down & grab a cold one. That's what OFF the Board means, Goff was not their to get at any time nor worth trading up 1 slot anymore :blush:

gftChris, put the warm beer down & grab a cold one. That's what OFF the Board means, Goff was not their to get at any time nor worth trading up 1 slot anymore :blush:

Ha, my bad. A bit tired, read through too quickly!

Ok guys, I don't think this is worth "starting a new RG III thread" over, but let's have your predictions of his upcoming season. I guess I'll go first.

My hopeful year: RG III wins the starting job and plays well enough for us to be competitive. For those who don't know, our Browns get the benefit of beginning the season with 5 of our first 7 games ON THE ROAD, and our two home games against the Ravens and Patriots (the game Brady comes back from suspension. Awesome". So I don't foresee RG III playing competitively as equaling a ton of wins, but playing well to keep us in most games would be terrific. How about RG III plays 15 out of 16 games (one game missed with injury), and his numbers hopefully are something like: 22 passing tds, 4 rushing tds, 3100 yards passing, and 12 INT's.

The OTHER scenario: RG III "wins the starting job", but there is much controversy regarding the decision, as McCown puts up better numbers in the preseason and looks better in camp. RG III doesn't make quick decisions, and fails to push the ball downfield to our WR's (who may or may not be getting open). After an 0-5 start, Hue Jackson has no choice but to bench the guy, and Josh comes in for the foreseeable future.

I don't think there is much wiggle room, and I don't think there is a third option. Either RG III plays well enough to warrant his starting status, or he completely tanks. I don't think there is an option where RG III "comes out smoking and takes the league by storm". I believe it'll be either of these two scenarios previously listed.

Ok guys, I don't think this is worth "starting a new RG III thread" over, but let's have your predictions of his upcoming season. I guess I'll go first.

My hopeful year: RG II:

stays upright and healthy.

If RG3 can't handle McC behind him, that's something I'd like to know...

LOL We gonna have the three Bs Baylor Bros. RG, Josh, and Coleman. Griffin, Gordon, and Coleman. Sounds like a law firm.

Enjoyed reviewing the old opinions.

Me, too... did not take the time earlier, but just did. Lot of bleed-over Wentz-backing noted that has turned into edible Crow.

Not ready to place a bet yet on RG, but still feel McC has a great chance to be traded once camp/pre-season QB injuries start mounting up...

but still feel McC has a great chance to be traded once camp/pre-season QB injuries start mounting up...

Not so fast our friend. We don't play like Cincinnati we play like Cleveland..Hue gotta believe Hue won't put him in AFC?? I'd hold that deck of cards for now..

I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

At least half of his yards will probably come on screens to Johnson, Coleman and Gordon. The Hue Jackson offense - run it often and get the ball out quick to your playmakers, and let them make plays.

At least half of his yards will probably come on screens to Johnson, Coleman and Gordon. The Hue Jackson offense - run it often and get the ball out quick to your playmakers, and let them make plays.

Not a thing wrong with that if you have the players to get it done....and I think we do.

Griffin to Gordon....can they strike again:

I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

I smell desperation...

I feel like the two old Muppets up in the theatre box just crashed this thread.

Which one is Waldorf?

Archived