THE BROWNS BOARD

RG3 Signs with the Browns

KillerInstinct3

and the last groups of FO guys and GMs have been into value too, that's why besides haden and thomas there is no blue chip talent on this team.

so you'll take 2 serviceable RBs that together can put up 15 hundred yards a year over one great RB that can do that himself because of value? or 2-3 guys that can fill holes, not be spectacular....over 1 difference maker because we could trade down and get more picks?

screw that. get the stud and carry on.

Whoa, think about this, since 2012 the Browns have spent 2 first rd picks and a third rd pick on Qbs. If you do it again this year, add another first rounder. Who has ever, in the history of the NFL, done some shit like that? I seriously don't know that answer, but it explains the lack of blue chippers. Admittedly, there were other first rounders in those drafts that didn't pan out, but the strategy of those drafts could have been very different if QBs weren't penciled into the plans.

Anyways, value is not to be interpreted as quantity over quality. Did someone say something about Costco? If you find a particular QB at the top of your board at a particular pick, you take him. But if said QB is let's say 9th on your board, you don't fucking draft him "cause we need one". You pick BPA, that's it, simple as that. We've been reaching for needs far too long.

I hate the fact this team tries to plug holes in the draft. You do that kind of shit with udfa and the vets left on the market. Look at the rest of our division:

Pittsburgh: Lucky Ben fell to them, but waited a long time for their moment to draft a QB. Didn't draft one every other year in a panic before Ben, but still got their guy. Hmmmmm.

Baltimore: Drafted Boller, watched him suck for quite some time, rebuilt the defense instead of panicing, drafted Flacco, and got their guy in the back half of the first. Hmmmmmm.

Cincinnati: Watched many years of sucking, got a 2nd round QB that put up monster numbers in a Hue Jackson offense, barely seemed interested in drafting Dalton in the first place. Hmmmmmm.

Cleveland: The complete opposite of anything resembling success. Hmmmmmm.

I mean fuck, why do we think our way is so superior? What kind of logic is this as we watch the rest of the division succeed? It's ridiculous wasted value. It's why we are the joke of the league right now.

I personally see a large gap of talent between Ramsey and any of these QBs. If we draft Wentz or whoever gives you a boner QB and he sucks, you gonna ask why we have no blue chippers then? Because you'll be passing on one again to take a leap of faith based on a perceived need.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link below to transcript of RG's Media Conference call...

Warning: Is oozing oversized ego...

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/18419/transcript-of-robert-griffin-iiis-media-conference-call

I see you are being a little facetious and I see nothing wrong in the interview at all. We must conclude that everyone in the Washington Redskins organization as well as other quarterback starved teams around the league are vindictive sociopaths.

;)

WSS

Not sure what you're going for there, either, Tour.

He sounded confident and ready to get started.

He is out working with throwing guru Tom House this week, working on mechanics before reporting to Berea next week.

A young QB working on his game in the off season ... I forgot they were allowed to do that.

Z

the previous Browns mistakes are history. Cincy, Balt and the stinkin,

stupid, steriodish, follow women into bathroom and assault them qb... suck. But, the qb's on the other

three teams all had the weapons to work with. Wr's. Rb's. and defenses.

The Browns finally have their excellent coach and staff in place.

Enough with sneaking in squealer talk. PREVIOUS regimes have drafted stupidly. big freakin deal.

Enough with living in the past, we are ready to live for the now, and

watch the future start working for the Browns.

BTW, back in the history squealer fans live in... in 1970, before their steriodish superbowls...the steelers SUCKED.

They even drafted number one overall. Gee, guess who they drafted? ROUND ONE, PICK ONE. Ok, ..

they drafted Terry Bradshaw. And for a couple of years, he nearly got booed out of town.

the previous Browns mistakes are history. Cincy, Balt and the stinkin,

stupid, steriodish, follow women into bathroom and assault them qb... suck. But, the qb's on the other

three teams all had the weapons to work with. Wr's. Rb's. and defenses.

The Browns finally have their excellent coach and staff in place.

Enough with sneaking in squealer talk. PREVIOUS regimes have drafted stupidly. big freakin deal.

Enough with living in the past, we are ready to live for the now, and

watch the future start working for the Browns.

BTW, back in the history squealer fans live in... in 1970, before their steriodish superbowls...the steelers SUCKED.

They even drafted number one overall. Gee, guess who they drafted? ROUND ONE, PICK ONE. Ok, ..

they drafted Terry Bradshaw. And for a couple of years, he nearly got booed out of town.

You mean they didn't draft his replacement after the crowd nearly booed him out of town? Geez that's just shitty drafting. Steelers will never learn, what a terrible organization.

You can count Wilson wherever you want but some best QBs, regardless of draft position, in the last decade weren't drafted to bad teams. Eli & Big Ben won because they were drafted into very good situations. Show me the top QB of the last 10 years drafted to a bottom feeding team that has won a Super Bowl? Probably have to go all the way back to Troy Aikman in 1989.

Excellent point. And before that Montana was drafted onto like a 1-13 49ers team.

Whoa, think about this, since 2012 the Browns have spent 2 first rd picks and a third rd pick on Qbs. If you do it again this year, add another first rounder. Who has ever, in the history of the NFL, done some shit like that? I seriously don't know that answer, but it explains the lack of blue chippers. Admittedly, there were other first rounders in those drafts that didn't pan out, but the strategy of those drafts could have been very different if QBs weren't penciled into the plans.

Anyways, value is not to be interpreted as quantity over quality. Did someone say something about Costco? If you find a particular QB at the top of your board at a particular pick, you take him. But if said QB is let's say 9th on your board, you don't fucking draft him "cause we need one". You pick BPA, that's it, simple as that. We've been reaching for needs far too long.

I hate the fact this team tries to plug holes in the draft. You do that kind of shit with udfa and the vets left on the market. Look at the rest of our division:

Pittsburgh: Lucky Ben fell to them, but waited a long time for their moment to draft a QB. Didn't draft one every other year in a panic before Ben, but still got their guy. Hmmmmm.

Baltimore: Drafted Boller, watched him suck for quite some time, rebuilt the defense instead of panicing, drafted Flacco, and got their guy in the back half of the first. Hmmmmmm.

Cincinnati: Watched many years of sucking, got a 2nd round QB that put up monster numbers in a Hue Jackson offense, barely seemed interested in drafting Dalton in the first place. Hmmmmmm.

I mean fuck, why do we think our way is so superior? What kind of logic is this as we watch the rest of the division succeed? It's ridiculous wasted value. It's why we are the joke of the league right now.

I personally see a large gap of talent between Ramsey and any of these QBs. If we draft Wentz or whoever gives you a boner QB and he sucks, you gonna ask why we have no blue chippers then? Because you'll be passing on one again to take a leap of faith based on a perceived need.

Question....since 2012....who is that QB taken in round 3 by the Browns? Or do you mean to go back further to the Colt McCoy pick which was 2010?

Next question: who in the hell on here ever claimed that "our way" was more superior? Any fool could see that it wasn't.

You mean they didn't draft his replacement after the crowd nearly booed him out of town? Geez that's just shitty drafting. Steelers will never learn, what a terrible organization.

Actually, they did. They got Terry Hanratty and Joe Gilliam....each of whom Bradshaw had to compete against, and they drafted Mike Kruszek in the second round in like 1995.

I can't see anything wrong with it. He's using "we" rather than "I".

... and that is my issue.

Most of the interview is boilerplate modesty camoucrap, but in a few answers the underlying player's attitude comes through. Question #2 was the first of these.

A "we" answer to an "I" question is a red flag.

We must conclude that everyone in the Washington Redskins organization as well as other quarterback starved teams around the league are vindictive sociopaths.

:) I am sure RG would agr33...

... and that is my issue.

Most of the interview is boilerplate modesty camoucrap, but in a few answers the underlying player's attitude comes through. Question #2 was the first of these.

A "we" answer to an "I" question is a red flag.

:) I am sure RG would agr33...

Maybe he spent so much time in a hospital where all the nurses ask "How are we today"....that he just picked up the habit.

Maybe he spent so much time in a hospital where all the nurses ask "How are we today"....that he just picked up the habit.

... or had the proverbial mouse in his pocket...

you can't stop picking players because of past fuck ups. sure, if you look at this org anyone would say that anyone we pick is going to bust because it's the browns. but you play your way out of bad luck just like you do at craps or anything else in life. just cuz you got beat up all your life you learn from it and the next guy hey, it might be his unlucky day.

yeah, the browns picked 2 qbs @22 since '12. so? were either one rated top 5 draft picks? (don't say manziel cuz we all know on this forum that half his fame came from his college game and those who were on his dick at A and M). i don't know what they'll do but if it were me i'm going wentz or goff at 2.

to each his own.

Well, it sounds like we gave up on Johnny for the same reasons, I just saw it a year and half earlier.

☆Plenty off you guys gave up the day before the draft.☆

Let's pretend Johnny is sober, three inches taller, with a rocket arm and wants to play in Cleveland ... we just signed that guy.

☆ actually Cleveland is the only team that asked apparently☆

"Cries racism" ... Say What?? Griffin? When did RG3 cry racism?

I remember a lot of people on the outside crying racism ... I guess they like to do that. But never heard it from Griffin.

☆ you're correct. I never heard a direct quote from him.☆

He comes from good people. His parents were both Army sergeants, he's a strong christian, a family man.

☆ didn't we hear of a lot of controversy over his father butting heads with the coaching staff as to how best his boy could be presented?☆

He was practically best friends with Dan Snyder, so I don't think he found him to be "racist".

☆ Snyder must have bailed on him for some reason. Probably not racism but something? Snyder only hates Indians right? :)

He didn't get along with his coaches. He brooded.

People mature.

☆ sometimes. We can hope.▪

Brooding while being black is a turn off I guess. Meanwhile, our little shit was telling his teammates last year "Boy, I bet the weather is nice in Dallas!" in the middle of the season.

☆ brooding while being black? Not really. I don't like other teams quarterbacks in general and less if they are assholes. I tend to give our own assholes a break. Sorry. Like Bernie Kosar when he was a pain in the ass.☆

From all reports Griffin was a good teammate last year, accepted third string role and if you can find a quote directly from him, that shows he was ever racist, or was a bad teammate in the past year, I'd like to read it.

☆ you are correct. I have not heard a direct quote, just lots of chatter from around the league and the media. Is there fire where there is smoke? Seems like a good enough reason here in Cleveland right?☆

The reason he was third string and inactive behind McCoy was because the Redskins would have to pay him a huge buyout if he played and got injured, so, once they decided to start Cousins, they shelved RG3 all together. Turns out that was good for us, not only should he be humbled ... but his legs should be fresh.

☆ it could be purely Financial. If so the Red Skins sacrificed the success of their team to save a couple dollars. Or somebody really honestlyrics believed Colt McCoy gave them a better chance to win.☆

But you are free not to like him. He did brood in his early 20's.

☆ I'd say most quarterbacks in the NFL are somewhere in their twenties?

And you hated ours for shit he did in his early twenties.☆

As for McCown, I love him too, but he's 37. His work is done here, you get a higher ceiling with Griffin. Low risk, high reward. Hue Jack is a QB guy, he's looking for younger raw material he can mold. He doesn't need a "mentor", that is what the coaching staff is for.

☆ well unless history is changed I don't see RG3 being supportive of his Heir Apparent. And if Grif's Jackson's Boy same thing. And like I said, it's only a guess, but I think it makes it less likely we draft one of the big two quarterbacks with the second pick. Not impossible , just less likely. We will see. ☆

Zombo

WSS

☆Plenty off you guys gave up the day before the draft.☆

Turns out those guys were right. I was one that held out hope for awhile. But he destroyed it pretty swiftly. That guy did not want to be a Cleveland Brown.

And you hated ours 4 sheet he did in his early twenties.

I like Johnny. I hated what he did ... to the Cleveland Browns.

You can shit on the Redskins all you want.

The Browns are giving you a second chance. Make us proud.

Zombo

--Hey, I will turn on this fucker too if he is a shithead while in Cleveland. Right now I think it is a good move*. And I am hopeful. Like when we drafted Johnny.

*I think he is a better prospective QB than JM could ever be. Also, like my Real Estate analogy, I like that we are the second listing agent. I am glad that we are there for the, much cheaper/lower risk, second chance with this guy. And I will root for Johnny when he gets a second chance too. Redemption stories are great. Cleveland being part of it makes them awesome.

Gotta Love a real estate analogy!

On top of all of this I will never ever root for him to throw an incomplete pass or an interception or be hurt nor will I ever cheer if he goes down. As long as he's wearing an orange helmet that is.

Just make note this started over a difference of opinion over whether or not we draft Jared Goff or Carson Wentz or not. The draft is just around the corner.

WSS

Gotta Love a real estate analogy!

On top of all of this I will never ever root for him to throw an incomplete pass or an interception or be hurt nor will I ever cheer if he goes down. As long as he's wearing an orange helmet that is.

Just make note this started over a difference of opinion over whether or not we draft Jared Goff or Carson Wentz or not. The draft is just around the corner.

WSS

I'm in Camp Wentz. Get the big, smart country boy and don't look back.

We won't regret it.

Zombo

I'm in Camp Wentz. Get the big, smart country boy and don't look back.

We won't regret it.

Zombo

I'm not particularly in love with either one but what the hell.

I would give Carson Wentz a slight edge for just that reason.

Something is fishy about Connor Cook and as much as I like the kid I really don't want Cardale Jones.

WSS

I'm not particularly in love with either one but what the hell.

I would give Carson Wentz a slight edge for just that reason.

Something is fishy about Connor Cook and as much as I like the kid I really don't want Cardale Jones.

WSS

Cook has one of the worst arms in the draft, and he's a dick behind scenes from everything I've heard.

Cardale is a huge project.

Wentz or Goff... but I'm favoring Wentz as well.

Cook has one of the worst arms in the draft, and he's a dick behind scenes from everything I've heard.

Cardale is a huge project.

Wentz or Goff... but I'm favoring Wentz as well.

Hackenberg, New Jersey? Prescott, Arizona? (where my brother lives btw) Lynch Virginia?

Your part in bold makes sense. Other than Quinn (BTW, I hated that pick) you can say Wee-done and Johnny Football were sure enough- reaches. It was well documented JFF had the biggest risk\ reward ratio of all the QBs. Proceeded to drink himself off the team. Hated that pick too, and wasn't thrilled about Weeden either.

As they say when you invest "past performance does not guarantee future results." So yes, with our first round picks, we drafted some real stinkers at quarterback- but in regards to bolstering other positions instead, we weren't any better. Taking guys like Mingo (he's not exactly reminding anyone of Von Miller to date), invisible man Justin Gilbert, complete bum Trent Richardson (I'm sill POed we actually were dumb enough to give up picks to draft him), and an out of shape and hurt Phil Taylor. If you go back to 1999, the only guys we've taken in the first round that have had sustained success are the Joes- Thomas and Haden, and the departed Alex Mack. That's not good enough by a long shot.

So my "what if" comeback htown is you'd probably be seeing things a lot differently if the Browns had been smart enough to draft Rothlisberger (was 100% on the Ben train), Flacco, or God forbid- Aaron Rodgers instead of Braylon Edwards. Let's just hope the current FO can reverse the trend of lousy drafting. You plug holes in the draft with BPA at position of need, assuming he's also at the top of your wish list. We need something at QB that's less of a risk than RG III, Wentz and Goff both seem to be rated pretty highly- we'll see what happens in around a month. :)

Question....since 2012....who is that QB taken in round 3 by the Browns? Or do you mean to go back further to the Colt McCoy pick which was 2010?

Next question: who in the hell on here ever claimed that "our way" was more superior? Any fool could see that it wasn't.

It's was part of a trade up from 26 to 22 to get Manziel.

No one said superior, but if you keep doing or suggesting the same shit you really must believe in a methodology that no one else is trying. It's seems like most around here come to the conclusion that if you don't want a QB at #2, you're not as smart as their superior ideology of drafting Qbs until the team starts to win. Didn't work for Couch, won't work now. Fucking Grounds Hog Day.

What are you talking about you brain dead twerp?

i'm talking about wss's post about mccown being a stand up guy...never complains and i'm refering to the denver game where our fucking stinkass ol gave him no protection on the int he threw in ot...as a matter of fact the shit stink ass ol set up the sack by looking like molasses in shit on the first play that our rb got tackled for a 4 yd loss prior to the int....didn't hear mccown complain...as a matter of fact he did not complain all yr as he got hammered left and right because of the fucking play of the ol....yet the mccown bashers who don't know shit blamed everything on him for that loss and his play all yr...pisses me off...not saying he's a sb qb, but if he played for a REAL FUCKING FOOTBALL TEAM, he'd win alot more games...

...never complains and i'm refering to the denver game where our fucking stinkass ol gave him no protection on the int he threw in ot...as a matter of fact the shit stink ass ol set up the sack by looking like molasses in shit on the first play that our rb got tackled for a 4 yd loss prior to the int....didn't hear mccown complain...as a matter of fact he did not complain all yr as he got hammered left and right because of the fucking play of the ol....yet the mccown bashers who don't know shit blamed everything on him for that loss and his play all yr...pisses me off...

WOOF!! WOOF!! Well Said..

And your opinion is noted, but ultimately your opinion.

It's was part of a trade up from 26 to 22 to get Manziel.

No one said superior, but if you keep doing or suggesting the same shit you really must believe in a methodology that no one else is trying. It's seems like most around here come to the conclusion that if you don't want a QB at #2, you're not as smart as their superior ideology of drafting Qbs until the team starts to win. Didn't work for Couch, won't work now. Fucking Grounds Hog Day.

When exactly have we drafted the top QB since Couch?

"Don't draft angry..."

More likely annoyed with the echo of the same old song and dance. If we draft Goff this year you will understand in 2 short years from now. He WILL suck during that time, as any Qb prospect would on this horrid fucking team. Next thing you know everyone's trying to run your man crush out of town, despite holes everywhere on team.

It's all his fault of course, he's the reason the receivers have small windows, he's the reason the run game is useless, he's the reason this team gets destroyed at the line. Yeah ok. It's his fault on 2nd and 13 he didn't get off a pass to a receiver who couldn't get open until the NT and DE are already sandwiching him. Until we find that theoretical Qb who can overcome the ineptitude of his surroundings, we'll keep on doing this shit. It's fucking embarrassing.

Archived