THE BROWNS BOARD

RG3 Signs with the Browns

KillerInstinct3

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flacco was lucky to step into a quality organization with talent already established. Again we are talking about the Browns. Who is the #1 WR on this team? The guy who sat out the year or the other guy.

I mean seriously- the best quarterbacks in the draft almost always go to talent depleted teams. Like the Tampa, the Jags and Titans were loaded when they took their franchise qbs? Only luck out was Rodgers who fell far enough to sit behind Farve. Andrew Luck was a fluke too, as you could almost say the Colts tanked.

It could be why we picked up Griffin, so whoever we draft @ #2- and I'm damn near certain it's going to be Wentz or Goff- gets to sit for at least 1\2 the season.

I mean seriously- the best quarterbacks in the draft almost always go to talent depleted teams. Like the Tampa, the Jags and Titans were loaded when they took their franchise qbs? Only luck out was Rodgers who fell far enough to sit behind Farve. Andrew Luck was a fluke too, as you could almost say the Colts tanked.

It could be why we picked up Griffin, so whoever we draft @ #2- and I'm damn near certain it's going to be Wentz or Goff- gets to sit for at least 1\2 the season.

Great point. If I may inflect...

Many Super Bowl QB's weren't with the team that drafted them. I haven't looked it up but I'd bet more QB's that have played for more than one team outnumber the QB's that have been with the team that drafted them.

They bust at a lower rate than QBs

They certainly do. But fans are stupid and expect a high quarterback pick to single-handedly turn the team around.

Also number one pick in the draft is almost always way way too high to take O line.

Like drafting a punter at number 1. He'd better be on his way to the Hall of Fame.

WSS

Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Big Ben were all the best QB in their draft class who went to good teams. Maybe down for the year but solid teams that won immediately.

listen. we can't get every draft pick we need to make this team instantly better. but if you want to draft a QB that could be the guy it's this year @#2.

don't like rg3 but now that he's a brown i will support him and hope he plays lights out and he starts for us until the HC and FO thinks it's time to send him elsewhere.........if that ever happens.

best 2 QB prospects in years and no one is chirping up next year's class so do it now. do it right now.

Signing RG3 is their way of getting out of drafting a QB at 2. This really opens the door for Cardale or Cook.

If they signed RGIII to a 5 year $50 mill contract, I would say they wouldn't be drafting a QB @ #2.

Instead, he signed an incentive laden 2 year contract which tells me they will be taking a QB @ #2.

If they signed RGIII to a 5 year $50 mill contract, I would say they wouldn't be drafting a QB @ #2.

Instead, he signed an incentive laden 2 year contract which tells me they will be taking a QB @ #2.

He signed a deal that could pay him 16 mill a year. No matter how long, thats a commitment, albeit minor. If you draft a QB at 2, theyre expected to be starting by the end of year 1. If they buy some time with RG3 and draft a QB in the 3rd, they can sit and develop him behind RG3 and McCown with no pressure to play him immediately. You dont spend that kind of money if youre drafting your starter at 2 imo.

We replaced McCown with Grif.

That's it.

Bought another year with a guy 11 years younger with a better pedigree and better stats.

He's on a two year contract, he cost us nothing and we still have the second pick in the draft and Hue Jackson was pasted to Carson Wentz at his Pro Day.

WHAT IS THE ISSUE?

Z

The Browns will still draft their qb at 2. He won't have to be thrown into the fire,

and when ...Wentz is ready, he'll take over.

If RGIII gets hurt for the rest of the season, say, halfway through......

you have to have you future of the frachise qb on board.

Zombo's PhotoZombo

Yesterday, 11:20 PM

We replaced McCown with Grif. Griffin Goff...

quote name="calfoxwc" post="591076" timestamp="1459057906"]

The Browns will still draft their qb at 2. He won't have to be thrown into the fire,

and when ...Wentz is ready.

Wishful thinking.

WSS

He signed a deal that could pay him 16 mill a year. No matter how long, thats a commitment, albeit minor. If you draft a QB at 2, theyre expected to be starting by the end of year 1. If they buy some time with RG3 and draft a QB in the 3rd, they can sit and develop him behind RG3 and McCown with no pressure to play him immediately. You dont spend that kind of money if youre drafting your starter at 2 imo.

Houston paid over 30 million guaranteed money more than the Browns this year this year for an unproven QB. If RG hits all his incentives, he still gets way less. 3.25 mil guaranteed this year and the Browns can opt out after 1 year. And if he hits the incentives, what then? That seems like it translates to wins. I like that thought. Plus they most likely pick a QB at 2 because RG3 is DIRTFUCKINGCHEAP!

Houston paid over 30 million guaranteed money more than the Browns this year this year for an unproven QB. If RG hits all his incentives, he still gets way less. 3.25 mil guaranteed this year and the Browns can opt out after 1 year. And if he hits the incentives, what then? That seems like it translates to wins. I like that thought. Plus they most likely pick a QB at 2 because RG3 is DIRTFUCKINGCHEAP!

I don't see the problem with allowing our coach and his QB coach to take whomever they believe in. It's their career not mine and it is different from all the other "strategies" that have led to this same #2 pick overall via 2nd worst team in the NFL. So what the hell, I'll be happy no matter who they pick. Besides 5 years from now when the whole plan plays out I'll only be 74. My youngest grandparent to die was 86 and the oldest 98 with an average of 92. I figure on at least a couple of more decades I can patiently wait for the Browns to be good again. Oh wait, they've been back since '99!!?? :blink::wacko::unsure::(:lol:

Canton Mike you have to hang in there with me buddie.

I don't see the problem with allowing our coach and his QB coach to take whomever they believe in. It's their career not mine and it is different from all the other "strategies" that have led to this same #2 pick overall via 2nd worst team in the NFL. So what the hell, I'll be happy no matter who they pick. Besides 5 years from now when the whole plan plays out I'll only be 74. My youngest grandparent to die was 86 and the oldest 98 with an average of 92. I figure on at least a couple of more decades I can patiently wait for the Browns to be good again. Oh wait, they've been back since '99!!?? :blink::wacko::unsure::(:lol:

Canton Mike you have to hang in there with me buddie.

I'm with ya Bill...Neither of us is croakin' before our Brownies win at least ONE Super Bowl!!! B)

Mike

This really opens the door for Cardale or Cook.

threw up in my mouth after reading this. proves you know jack. jack shit that is.

please stay at flyin J pumping gas (or whatever you like to pump) and away from the brown's FO.

oh btw....

HAPPY EASTER! RIGHT UP UR KEISTER! :P

Archived