THE BROWNS BOARD

RG3 Signs with the Browns

KillerInstinct3

threw up in my mouth after reading this. proves you know jack. jack shit that is.

please stay at flyin J pumping gas (or whatever you like to pump) and away from the brown's FO.

oh btw....

HAPPY EASTER! RIGHT UP UR KEISTER! :P

Working for Pilot is a respectable job. It takes honesty and integrity. I had a cashier that felt really bad about her job until I had a talk with her. A diesel dummy came in yelling and was calling her stupid and everything else.

I told her that people like that driver that come in are bold enough to cut you down with no remorse is degrading. Even more so not giving second thought in doing so. So, just remember its people like that can't do your job because they don't have self respect. The ones we do hire that don't have self respect steal and don't work very well with others. I told her she was doing great and now she's a GM.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston paid over 30 million guaranteed money more than the Browns this year this year for an unproven QB. If RG hits all his incentives, he still gets way less. 3.25 mil guaranteed this year and the Browns can opt out after 1 year. And if he hits the incentives, what then? That seems like it translates to wins. I like that thought. Plus they most likely pick a QB at 2 because RG3 is DIRTFUCKINGCHEAP!

Absolutely! Do you know why they had to? Because the Brian Hoyer they were willing to pay way more than Cleveland never became the solution they hoped he'd be. It seemed like half their wins came when he was injured with somebody like Yates filling in.

Houston also beat everyone to Ryan Mallett and how did that work? All that after they were the only NFL team brilliant enough to have Tom Savage on the roster allegedly. What's next? Hackenberg? That would make for an interesting head line - The AFC South just got Hacked.

Houston is a reminder of what not to do at the QB position.

Working for Pilot is a respectable job. It takes honesty and integrity. I had a cashier that felt really bad about her job until I had a talk with her. A diesel dummy came in yelling and was calling her stupid and everything else.

I told her that people like that driver that come in are bold enough to cut you down with no remorse is degrading. Even more so not giving second thought in doing so. So, just remember its people like that can't do your job because they don't have self respect. The ones we do hire that don't have self respect steal and don't work very well with others. I told her she was doing great and now she's a GM.

uh, it wasn't meant to degrade people and their jobs no matter what they are. it was meant to get under the skin of the person who posted the thought of cardale jones or conner cook behind center in a browns uni. just cuz it's easter doesn't mean u still can't bust balls.

i didn't know fast food employees, people that work at kmart, service station personnel..........that whole realm of menial work now needed a public defender. those people are getting a huge pay raise here in NY (and now cali i believe) and will cost small bizs to close and other retail and service co's to raise their prices/rates. so it's no longer 'those' people. and don't defend them as if i was attacking a bunch of Retards.

uh, it wasn't meant to degrade people and their jobs no matter what they are. it was meant to get under the skin of the person who posted the thought of cardale jones or conner cook behind center in a browns uni. just cuz it's easter doesn't mean u still can't bust balls.

i didn't know fast food employees, people that work at kmart, service station personnel..........that whole realm of menial work now needed a public defender. those people are getting a huge pay raise here in NY (and now cali i believe) and will cost small bizs to close and other retail and service co's to raise their prices/rates. so it's no longer 'those' people. and don't defend them as if i was attacking a bunch of Retards.

You bastard! Get your ass to church and don't come back here until you're ready to behave.

threw up in my mouth after reading this. proves you know jack. jack shit that is.

please stay at flyin J pumping gas (or whatever you like to pump) and away from the brown's FO.

oh btw....

HAPPY EASTER! RIGHT UP UR KEISTER! :P

Awww youre so sweet!

btw... I didnt say I liked or wanted those guys. I want Wentz.

He signed a deal that could pay him 16 mill a year. No matter how long, thats a commitment, albeit minor. If you draft a QB at 2, theyre expected to be starting by the end of year 1. If they buy some time with RG3 and draft a QB in the 3rd, they can sit and develop him behind RG3 and McCown with no pressure to play him immediately. You dont spend that kind of money if youre drafting your starter at 2 imo.

The contract that RGIII signed is more indicative of Cleveland taking a QB at #2. That's not only my opinion, but that of a couple of NFL GM's as well.

Zombo's PhotoZombo

Yesterday, 11:20 PM

We replaced McCown with Grif. Griffin Goff...

quote name="calfoxwc" post="591076" timestamp="1459057906"]

The Browns will still draft their qb at 2. He won't have to be thrown into the fire,

and when ...Wentz is ready.

Wishful thinking.

WSS

I surmise you think we are going to pass on the stud QBs in the draft because we signed Griff to a 2-year contract.

I don't see that. At all. In fact the Browns still say they are looking at the rookies, Griffin has said out loud that he understands they are probably bringing in a rookie and, after giving the A-OK on Grif, Hue Jack was the only HC at Wentz's workout and was all over his every move.

So I don't know why anyone thinks signing this guy means no Goff or Wentz.

We just upgraded the placeholder.

Besides, I thought you had a thing for self-centered, mobile, Heisman Trophy winning QBs from Texas?

Zombo

Zombo's PhotoZombo

Yesterday, 11:20 PM

We replaced McCown with Grif. Griffin Goff...

quote name="calfoxwc" post="591076" timestamp="1459057906"]

The Browns will still draft their qb at 2. He won't have to be thrown into the fire,

and when ...Wentz is ready.

Wishful thinking.

WSS

I got yer musical answer to that right here, Steve ! B)

better rendition by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and my favorite musical artist, Alison Krauss:\

Odd. I couldn't find one of Steve singing it. dang.

for all Browns fans, in lieu of having had a winning season yet...

RG3 isn't a pocket QB. He CAN throw from the pocket, but we see what his ceiling is there - roughly a 90 rating, low 60% completion percentage guy.

He's a boot action, RPO sideline to sideline QB who plays his best football by turning each play into a three pronged attack. PA keeps the run option alive and freezes the safeties, rolling keeps the run alive and flows the linebackers and causes them to vacate their zones, freeing up mid-tree routes that eat up chunks of real estate, and if they don't flow then RG3 is able to gain yards off of the rollout.

That's how he succeeded in 2012 and that's how he'll succeed again. Not as a "running QB" but utilizing his mobility behind the line as a tool to cause the defense to move out of position.

Agree except for your characterization of his success route. "Running" is an integral part of his only proven path to date.

I just don't understand the issue with signing RG3.

No issue... just placing our bets as people tend to do in sports forums...

I am excited to see what a healthy Griffin can do with a HC and coaching staff that believes in him. Griffin's greatest downfall in Washington was the fact that the front office hired a HC that wasn't committed to him.

Good Lord...

Houston is a reminder of what not to do at the QB position.

Different situation than us though. Houston has been the poster child of the QB as a last piece approach ever since Watt came on and Schaub melted down.

And now, as other key pieces have faded and replacements are sought for those pieces, the last grand effort is made. If Brock flops, then their window will close.

And that kids is why you look to the QB position early in the process like we will this draft.

When Tom Savage stays healthy & still on his rookie contract than proves he's still no slouch. With Oz standing on the sidelines with his millions in hand. Has got to be a 'told you so" to our FO. Yes you bring in a rookie QB on a 4 year rookie contract before you face RG3 in 2 years..

I really don't care I was just being a dick. Lol

Great point. If I may inflect...

Many Super Bowl QB's weren't with the team that drafted them. I haven't looked it up but I'd bet more QB's that have played for more than one team outnumber the QB's that have been with the team that drafted them.

Gip pointed that out in another thread- a bunch of SB winning QBs won on a team that didn't draft them. But recent history- the last 20 years, the list gets a lot shorter. Manning, Brees, (Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer- flukes because their defenses won those SBs), Warner, Farve.

Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Big Ben were all the best QB in their draft class who went to good teams. Maybe down for the year but solid teams that won immediately.

You're missing the point. I counted Wilson in the non first round QBs. Doesn't matter the teams that drafted Manning and Rothlisberger were having down years- you forget where they got drafted? Manning #1 overall. Ben #9. That is the point. Recent SB wining QBs in general were drafted high in the first round. Brady skews the stats, and there's the occasional outlier like Wilson or Warner.

He signed a deal that could pay him 16 mill a year. No matter how long, that's a commitment, albeit minor. If you draft a QB at 2, theyre expected to be starting by the end of year 1. If they buy some time with RG3 and draft a QB in the 3rd, they can sit and develop him behind RG3 and McCown with no pressure to play him immediately. You dont spend that kind of money if youre drafting your starter at 2 imo.

Sorry, but where did you get that $16 million? Dead wrong. Griffin is guaranteed $6.7 million this year, (he could get another $3.5 million if he hits all his incentives- I'd like that- it means he's playing well) next year the Browns can cut him and not owe him a dime. That is cheap- relative to the current QB market. Franchise guys are getting the high side of $20 million. Only contracts cheaper than Griffin's are players still on their rookie deals.

Paxton Lynch will be the most successful QB to come out from this draft. Don't fuck this up.

Bosa/Ramsey then Lynch

Move up and grab Derrick Henry... he's gonna be huuuge in the NFL.

Hunter Henry would be a steal if we can get him latter but Bryce Williams is another TE that could be picked up later.

Paxton Lynch will be the most successful QB to come out from this draft. Don't fuck this up.

Bosa/Ramsey then Lynch

Hunter Henry would be a steal if we can get him latter but Bryce Williams is another TE that could be picked up later.

Why get Derrick Henry when your favorite RB is available?

Bosa/Ramsey then Lynch

MHO is whatever you suggest, the Browns should do opposite. Your one really good guess was Honey Badger. Carr? It was anyone but Johnny Party Boy for me.

Your scenario doesn't work. Even Jerrah Jones doesn't want Bosa FYI. But for kicks and giggles, I'll play along with your picks. Lynch is slated mid first round. Sashi isn't going to toss in our #32, and a future #1 to move up high enough to get him. Golly gee, we don't have our #32 anymore to draft Henry. The other Henry (TE) is a lock first rounder, probably to the Steelers. So I want to see how you figure the Browns are going to pull 3 first round picks out of their ass, and still draft high enough to draft Bosa\Ramsey.

So here's my 0.02- Bosa is strictly a 4-3 DE, and doesn't fit what the Browns are doing. Ramsey is a huge reach @ #2. Lynch & Henry have extremely high bust potential. No wonder you like Henry- another overrated Alabama RB. Still have that TR Shrine in your bedroom?

Different situation than us though. Houston has been the poster child of the QB as a last piece approach ever since Watt came on and Schaub melted down.

And now, as other key pieces have faded and replacements are sought for those pieces, the last grand effort is made. If Brock flops, then their window will close.

And that kids is why you look to the QB position early in the process like we will this draft.

True to some degree. Houston is in this situation because other than Savage they have literally drafted nothing as far as QBs go. Even a 2nd or 3rd round prospect might of been ready by now. Had they taken Carr or Bridgewater when they were dangling in their face you would have no point.

The Browns have done just the opposite and don't have a winning team despite their flaws. We have spent many valuable picks that could have been real good players for overhyped QBs. Our search for a QB has only tightened the noose everytime we tried. Houston has probably watched the Browns over the years and said no thanks to that shit.

Hue Jackson is the man. I'm not saying it, Jimmy is. Hue was Jimmy's first choice this time, so I expect he will ride this ride longer than most. If Hue finds a Dalton-like prospect out there he can mold into a winner from round 2 or 3 of the draft, would that be considered neglect? That's far more invested than Houston ever has been. If they did and failed a few times I could see the validity of you have to get a QB in the top 10 or its a waste of time 'Houston' theory. But they were never in the market to begin with for whatever reason. Even if we don't take a QB this year at any round we have a LONG LONG way to even resemble what Houston has or hasn't done in the draft.

True to some degree. Houston is in this situation because other than Savage they have literally drafted nothing as far as QBs go. Even a 2nd or 3rd round prospect might of been ready by now. Had they taken Carr or Bridgewater when they were dangling in their face you would have no point.

The Browns have done just the opposite and don't have a winning team despite their flaws. We have spent many valuable picks that could have been real good players for overhyped QBs. Our search for a QB has only tightened the noose everytime we tried. Houston has probably watched the Browns over the years and said no thanks to that shit.

Hue Jackson is the man. I'm not saying it, Jimmy is. Hue was Jimmy's first choice this time, so I expect he will ride this ride longer than most. If Hue finds a Dalton-like prospect out there he can mold into a winner from round 2 or 3 of the draft, would that be considered neglect? That's far more invested than Houston ever has been. If they did and failed a few times I could see the validity of you have to get a QB in the top 10 or its a waste of time 'Houston' theory. But they were never in the market to begin with for whatever reason. Even if we don't take a QB this year at any round we have a LONG LONG way to even resemble what Houston has or hasn't done in the draft.

The flaw in your (bolded) is- let's say we drafted position players instead of Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, McCoy, Frye. What's to say we wouldn't have wound up with washout bums like Beau Bell- remember him?

And FWIW, the Browns could have drafted either JJ Watt- or Julio Jones. How's that for some real shit draft acumen? We wound up with Phil Taylor and Brandon Wee-Done for our trouble. That my friend is why the Browns have sucked. The previous FOs wouldn't have recognized QB talent if it had walked up to them and bit them in the ass. I hope you realize they passed on Ben Rothlisberger and Aaron Rodgers to complete the trifecta.

The flaw in your (bolded) is- let's say we drafted position players instead of Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, McCoy, Frye. What's to say we wouldn't have wound up with washout bums like Beau Bell- remember him?

And FWIW, the Browns could have drafted either JJ Watt- or Julio Jones. How's that for some real shit draft acumen? We wound up with Phil Taylor and Brandon Wee-Done for our trouble. That my friend is why the Browns have sucked. The previous FOs wouldn't have recognized QB talent if it had walked up to them and bit them in the ass. I hope you realize they passed on Ben Rothlisberger and Aaron Rodgers to complete the trifecta.

Bell was a 4th rounder that just happened to be our first pick that year and I am well aware of who we've passed on. Are you aware there is not one QB from the passed 10 drafts that was selected in the top 10 and currently wears a ring? The only 2 in the past 20 drafts to fit that criteria are the Manning Bros.

Bell was a 4th rounder that just happened to be our first pick that year and I am well aware of who we've passed on. Are you aware there is not one QB from the passed 10 drafts that was selected in the top 10 and currently wears a ring? The only 2 in the past 20 drafts to fit that criteria are the Manning Bros.

Rothlisberger was drafted 11th excuse me. Another Browns f**kup. I'll even take a SB losing QB at this point. Elway and Aikman #1 overall fall outside your "drafted in the last 20 years" criteria.

So who you liking this year? Cook? Lynch? Cardale? Hackenberg? Screw the second level talent.

Rothlisberger was drafted 11th excuse me. Another Browns f**kup. I'll even take a SB losing QB at this point. Elway and Aikman #1 overall fall outside your "drafted in the last 20 years" criteria.

So who you liking this year? Cook? Lynch? Cardale? Hackenberg? Screw the second level talent.

From #1 to Mr. Irrelevant, whoever Hue picks. I'm into value, it's not about a particular prospect.

I'm into value

and the last groups of FO guys and GMs have been into value too, that's why besides haden and thomas there is no blue chip talent on this team.

so you'll take 2 serviceable RBs that together can put up 15 hundred yards a year over one great RB that can do that himself because of value? or 2-3 guys that can fill holes, not be spectacular....over 1 difference maker because we could trade down and get more picks?

screw that. get the stud and carry on.

I surmise you think we are going to pass on the stud QBs in the draft because we signed Griff to a 2-year contract.

I don't see that. At all. In fact the Browns still say they are looking at the rookies, Griffin has said out loud that he understands they are probably bringing in a rookie and, after giving the A-OK on Grif, Hue Jack was the only HC at Wentz's workout and was all over his every move.

So I don't know why anyone thinks signing this guy means no Goff or Wentz.

We just upgraded the placeholder.

Besides, I thought you had a thing for self-centered, mobile, Heisman Trophy winning QBs from Texas?

Zombo

And I thought you hated them. Ironic ain't it?

Yep I like Johnny and I like Colt McCoy, the guy your buddy held a clipboard for.

The reason I gave up on Johnny finally, and it was a disappointmen, was when it was clear he didn't really want to be a Cleveland Brown or even play quarterback in the NFL.

I never liked RG3 and still don't. I think he was an arrogant asshole and probably the biggest bust of the decade. We gave pick number 22 for Johnny how much did Washington pay for RG3? And Johnny at least pretended he wanted to be here RG3 made it clear he didn't. So fuck him, he's Washington's problem anyway. Well up until recently.

Also he had a coaching staff falling all over themselves to write an offense around him while Johnny had a grumpy old prick who thought he was coaching High School and found a beer in a kid's Locker.

But this isn't about Johnny, Johnny is gone. It's more about Josh McCown, a quality player a stand-up guy and a man among men. He's not a guy who cries racism or points the finger at his teammates when he stinks up the field. And if you are taking Carson Wentz or Jared Goff Josh is the kind of guy you'd probably want, willing to share his vast knowledge of the league with a newcomer. Not a me first prick.

But whatever the agenda RG3 seems like he's coach Jackson's boy, and he's certainly young enough if the coach thinks he can transform his career. If that's the case I'm just guessing he wouldn't want to threaten him with a high pick. Certainly don't want another Brian Hoyer meltdown.

So I'm just speculating the same as everybody else. I can easily see the coach set his sights on some also-ran in the third round.

Since I don't know a damn thing, like most of us, and like many people who earn a good living making shit up, I could easily be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.

If I'm wrong I will shrug my shoulders, if I'm right I'll gloat like a little bitch.

:D

WSS

Yep I like Johnny and I like Colt McCoy, the guy your buddy held a clipboard for.

The reason I gave up on Johnny finally, and it was a disappointmen, was when it was clear he didn't really want to be a Cleveland Brown or even play quarterback in the NFL.

I never liked RG3 and still don't. I think he was an arrogant asshole and probably the biggest bust of the decade. We gave pick number 22 for Johnny how much did Washington pay for RG3? And Johnny at least pretended he wanted to be here RG3 made it clear he didn't. So fuck him, he's Washington's problem anyway. Well up until recently.

Also he had a coaching staff falling all over themselves to write an offense around him while Johnny had a grumpy old prick who thought he was coaching High School and found a beer in a kid's Locker.

But this isn't about Johnny, Johnny is gone. It's more about Josh McCown, a quality player a stand-up guy and a man among men. He's not a guy who cries racism or points the finger at his teammates when he stinks up the field. And if you are taking Carson Wentz or Jared Goff Josh is the kind of guy you'd probably want, willing to share his vast knowledge of the league with a newcomer. Not a me first prick.

But whatever the agenda RG3 seems like he's coach Jackson's boy, and he's certainly young enough if the coach thinks he can transform his career. If that's the case I'm just guessing he wouldn't want to threaten him with a high pick. Certainly don't want another Brian Hoyer meltdown.

So I'm just speculating the same as everybody else. I can easily see the coach set his sights on some also-ran in the third round.

Since I don't know a damn thing, like most of us, and like many people who earn a good living making shit up, I could easily be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.

If I'm wrong I will shrug my shoulders, if I'm right I'll gloat like a little bitch.

WSS

+1000

WSS

Well, it sounds like we gave up on Johnny for the same reasons, I just saw it a year and half earlier.

Let's pretend Johnny is sober, three inches taller, with a rocket arm and wants to play in Cleveland ... we just signed that guy.

"Cries racism" ... Say What?? Griffin? When did RG3 cry racism?

I remember a lot of people on the outside crying racism ... I guess they like to do that. But never heard it from Griffin.

He comes from good people. His parents were both Army sergeants, he's a strong christian, a family man.

He was practically best friends with Dan Snyder, so I don't think he found him to be "racist".

He didn't get along with his coaches. He brooded.

People mature.

Brooding while being black is a turn off I guess. Meanwhile, our little shit was telling his teammates last year "Boy, I bet the weather is nice in Dallas!" in the middle of the season.

From all reports Griffin was a good teammate last year, accepted third string role and if you can find a quote directly from him, that shows he was ever racist, or was a bad teammate in the past year, I'd like to read it.

The reason he was third string and inactive behind McCoy was because the Redskins would have to pay him a huge buyout if he played and got injured, so, once they decided to start Cousins, they shelved RG3 all together. Turns out that was good for us, not only should he be humbled ... but his legs should be fresh.

But you are free not to like him. He did brood in his early 20's.

As for McCown, I love him too, but he's 37. His work is done here, you get a higher ceiling with Griffin. Low risk, high reward. Hue Jack is a QB guy, he's looking for younger raw material he can mold. He doesn't need a "mentor", that is what the coaching staff is for.

Zombo

Archived