THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

Thought I give it a try, No trades or anything.

NFL DRAFT GAME 2017

Logged in as: blitzz2

YOUR TEAM: CLEVELAND BROWNS GAME OVER!

Your score is: 9385 (GRADE: B-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama (A+)

Round 1 Pick 12: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A)

Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (B+)

Round 2 Pick 20: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (A)

Round 3 Pick 1: Budda Baker, FS, Washington (A+)

Round 4 Pick 1: Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State (B)

Round 5 Pick 32: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)

Round 6 Pick 1: Trent Taylor, WR, Louisiana Tech (B-)

Probably reached on Kizer,, Siragusa for Pedigree, Pumphrey was a toss up between him and Brian Hill (6-1,220)

Those first 3 would be perfect. That's not a reach in Kizer, that's great value.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just called him poor Timmy. And not like "poor timmy's wife cheated on him again," or "poor Timmy can't even afford a pack of gum." I see no common usage of the word poor in your post except suggesting he's not very good.

If that's not the case, then just tell us what your take is. "Allen's really good" doesn't count.

Sure thing. Allen is Elite then. He is a physical specimen that also has the motor and the mental aspect of the game under lock and key. He has an array of pass rush moves from an interior lineman that I haven't seen in a long time and a swim move that takes me back to watching Shaun Rogers in a Browns uni.

The kid is just that God damn good and makes everyone else on the Bama front 7 look that much better.

I see Williams as a solid propsect, worthy player and someone that with carve out a good NFL career. Would I feel losing Tim would be the bitter pill to swallow that losing Allen might be? No and it's not even in the same galaxy as being close.

I might be willing to be Williams on even rooting as Floyd from last year.

That help clear it up?

Not quite. Hard to follow with grammatical errors.

I'm also still unsure how you really feel. Don't compare him to Allen. We're not talking about taking TW #1 so there's no reason to compare. Outside of comparisons all you've said was Williams is "solid," "worthy player," (not sure of what), and he will carve out a solid NFL career.

I wanna know what you think his draft value is and how you'd put him up next to the other pass rushers in this draft.

Per the theory put forth by WSS.....Hue will push for the AfAm QB above all else.

Though.....lets do look at this, for all of you slobbering over the list of Alabama defenders:

DeShaun Watson put up almost 500 yards of total offense and 40 points on this Alabama defense last year.

So, some consideration has to be given to that.

Watson also has 17 interceptions through 14 games, he reminds me of Michael Vick.

I have little faith his current style of play will be successful in the NFL.

My own mock draft at this point (rankings of player in approx. position of their current CBS sports rankings)

#1 Mitch Trubisky QB NC

#12 Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin. moving up the boards

#33 Carlos Watkins DT Clemson (brings pressure up the middle)

#52 Adoree Jackson CB USC # (dropped due to injury concerns)

#65 Pat Elflein OC Ohio Stat

128 ish Hunter Dimick DE Utah

130ish Jadar Johnson SS Clemson

131 ish Jake Butt TE# Michigan

132 ish Ryan Switzer WR to help his college teammate

161 Donnell Pumphrey RB SDSU

210 Chad Kelly QB# Ole Miss

The guys with the # have dropped due to injury concerns.....but none of these injuries should curtail their ability to have a career.

And see, there you go, I got us some "insurance" in the form of a late round QB that has a pedigree.

The one thing you all may gripe about here is the absence of a high round pick "edge" rusher. I get that....but, as I said in another thread...I want in your face pressure....and our FO, I believe have faith in the edge rushers they have on hand.....Nassib/Ogbah...and I think that they think that they could thrive in the 4-3....especially if they have help in the middle.

Its just a feeling/theory.

I think with this that I recognize that I took more offensive players than I originally wanted to, its just that that is where the rankings landed. So, that means: get a couple of FAs.

Per the theory put forth by WSS.....Hue will push for the AfAm QB above all else.

Though.....lets do look at this, for all of you slobbering over the list of Alabama defenders:

DeShaun Watson put up almost 500 yards of total offense and 40 points on this Alabama defense last year.

So, some consideration has to be given to that.

Well that's not exactly my theory but....

He has been active in the fritz Pollard Society whose aim is to bring more African American front office and coaching members into professional football. Hes had relationships with 3 reputedly bad attitude black quarterbacks, one being our buddy Colin Kaepernick the other two Pryor and RG3. Is rumored to have been swayed partially by the number of black men in our front office. And hand-picked Ray Horton who hadn't had a stellar track record. I don't think for a minute that coach Jackson would cut his own throat for racial ideology and I think he was probably disappointment that his boy Horton let him down. If he didn't want to lose Horton and was overruled...

I have no idea if Cody Kessler or Andy Dalton workout Jackson's picks.

But I like the guy and I give him the benefit of the doubt to do what he thinks is best. Maybe RG3 is a case of help a brother out but he was a hell of a talented one time so...

WSS

Watson also has 17 interceptions through 14 games, he reminds me of Michael Vick.

I have little faith his current style of play will be successful in the NFL.

The most flattering comparison I have seen so far was he is a shorter, weaker Newton. I guess take that for what its worth.

My own mock draft at this point (rankings of player in approx. position of their current CBS sports rankings)

#1 Mitch Trubisky QB NC

#12 Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin. moving up the boards

#33 Carlos Watkins DT Clemson (brings pressure up the middle)

#52 Adoree Jackson CB USC # (dropped due to injury concerns)

#65 Pat Elflein OC Ohio Stat

128 ish Hunter Dimick DE Utah

130ish Jadar Johnson SS Clemson

131 ish Jake Butt TE# Michigan

132 ish Ryan Switzer WR to help his college teammate

161 Donnell Pumphrey RB SDSU

210 Chad Kelly QB# Ole Miss

The guys with the # have dropped due to injury concerns.....but none of these injuries should curtail their ability to have a career.

And see, there you go, I got us some "insurance" in the form of a late round QB that has a pedigree.

The one thing you all may gripe about here is the absence of a high round pick "edge" rusher. I get that....but, as I said in another thread...I want in your face pressure....and our FO, I believe have faith in the edge rushers they have on hand.....Nassib/Ogbah...and I think that they think that they could thrive in the 4-3....especially if they have help in the middle.

Its just a feeling/theory.

I think with this that I recognize that I took more offensive players than I originally wanted to, its just that that is where the rankings landed. So, that means: get a couple of FAs.

Chad Kelly is a far less talent Johnny Football.

The most flattering comparison I have seen so far was he is a shorter, weaker Newton. I guess take that for what its worth.

Chad Kelly is a far less talent Johnny Football.

Well, I don't know about that, but in round 7, a chance could be taken. Fair to say?

I mean, if the Browns took NO QB before then, he could still be worth a shot in round 7, no?

(and lets note this: despite everything.... JFF did have some fair football talent, to an extent. He had little or no maturity or life choice talent...but he did/does have some football talent.

I think, if straightened up, he could go to Canada and do reasonably well in that system)

Well, I don't know about that, but in round 7, a chance could be taken. Fair to say?

I mean, if the Browns took NO QB before then, he could still be worth a shot in round 7, no?

(and lets note this: despite everything.... JFF did have some fair football talent, to an extent. He had little or no maturity or life choice talent...but he did/does have some football talent.

I think, if straightened up, he could go to Canada and do reasonably well in that system)

I get what you are saying, but he has a clear pattern of poor behavior. He just doesn't seem like someone who is worth the trouble.

Not quite. Hard to follow with grammatical errors.

I'm also still unsure how you really feel. Don't compare him to Allen. We're not talking about taking TW #1 so there's no reason to compare. Outside of comparisons all you've said was Williams is "solid," "worthy player," (not sure of what), and he will carve out a solid NFL career.

I wanna know what you think his draft value is and how you'd put him up next to the other pass rushers in this draft.

99% of my posts are from my phone with a cracked ass screen from the Tribe watch party I'm too lazy to fix. My apologies, really don't feel like proof reading.

That being said, I did give you my eval on Williams with the Floyd comparison from last year.

In this draft? Below Garrett, above Barnett. Haven't watched Watt yet to give input on where I might scale him in there.

So far to say that Watson most likely just jumped his draft stock after his performance last night against one of the best defenses in the country. Most likely a lock as a top 16 player in the draft.

Yep, I tend to agree. That defense was NO JOKE, and is loaded with NFL talent. He definitely struggled at times, but it's too much to expect ANY QB to play a perfect game against a team like that. I was impressed with how he hung in there, didn't really force things that weren't there, threw the ball away when he had to, and made the most of his opportunities. You know what else I like about Watson? He throws a very good "jump ball" to his big receiver. Wouldn't that look nice going to Pryor? Watson isn't a perfect candidate, but he's definitely interesting. And what's this garbage I read about his frame being thin? He looked pretty damn tough to me, and he's FAR from skinny. He might be a tad narrow in the shoulders, but his arms look roped with muscle, and he's a fluid athlete. We shall see.

I think one of his worst attributes is his arm power. It's far from elite, but still above average. Isn't he like 6'3 220? One positive thing about him is he doesn't let mistakes get to hi. He got intercepted twice by OSU who had 3 1st round players in the secondary, 2 of which could be top 10 picks and he didn't do great, but he never let his mistakes pressure him. Each time he started the next drive he did well.

I think one of his worst attributes is his arm power. It's far from elite, but still above average. Isn't he like 6'3 220? One positive thing about him is he doesn't let mistakes get to hi. He got intercepted twice by OSU who had 3 1st round players in the secondary, 2 of which could be top 10 picks and he didn't do great, but he never let his mistakes pressure him. Each time he started the next drive he did well.

That's a pretty good observation. Mistakes are made, but how does a player react to them in pressure situations? Watson displayed cool touch on some of those late throws, and he also got helped by his teammates who made some outstanding receptions.

I'll ask the question I asked in "must target" thread here as well...

Who saw Watson throw to someone not his first read and how many times?

He will be a Top 5 pick in the draft.

How many does that make in your top five now?

I'll ask the question I asked in "must target" thread here as well...

Who saw Watson throw to someone not his first read and how many times?

How many does that make in your top five now?

I have said all along that these 2 QBs will go Top 5. Watson and Trub. I have never predicted anyone else, but everyone has assumed that Garrett and Allen will also go there.

So, I have only said 2, others assume 2. That leaves another spot open.

Give us what you think will be your Top 5...

Round 1 Pick 7 (S.D.): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A)

Round 1 Pick 12: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A)

Round 2 Pick 1: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (B+)

Round 2 Pick 6 (S.D.): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State ( B)

Round 2 Pick 20: Desmond King, FS, Iowa (A)

Round 3 Pick 16 (MINN): Kevin King, CB, Washington (A)

Round 4 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B-)

Round 4 Pick 7 (WASH): Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M ( B)

Round 4 Pick 17 (WASH): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A-)

Round 5 Pick 32: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)

Round 6 Pick 17 (WASH): Elijah Hood, RB, North Carolina (B-)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick (S.D.)

2019 Round 1 Pick

Would love to see this happen.

Get the QB I was going to take #1 anyways at the seventh spot... Get that QB protection on the OL, C/RG/RT. Get a 'stud' RB in McC. Get a dynamic KR/PR in Pumphrey, he can also tote the rock, plus we get Hood, who is a Crowell clone IMO on the cheap. Gives us a talented FS and CB. A potential starting TE before his injury, we take him and nurse him back to health and he takes over for big play barnidge in two years. We get a monster DE in Hall. Getting Switzer, a talented WR with the ball in his hands, who also has great hands is a steal. To top it off we can pick up an extra first next draft! I know it doesn't fix everything, but we also have FA and Udfa. We could make a big jump next season.

I think all of this talk about Watson being a second or even third round pick is simply ridiculous. NFL teams need QB's, and they are willing to take chances on them time after time. Even if Watson "slides" in the first round a bit, there will be teams fighting over each other to trade up with the teams that don't need QB's in order to snatch him.

I think all of this talk about Watson being a second or even third round pick is simply ridiculous. NFL teams need QB's, and they are willing to take chances on them time after time. Even if Watson "slides" in the first round a bit, there will be teams fighting over each other to trade up with the teams that don't need QB's in order to snatch him.

Watson will be a Top 5 pick.

Archived