THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooo, trade up for peppers? Dont get me wtong im intrigued but my initial reaction was a bit of a bhole clench......whoch is never a good sign. Something feels off about that prospect....but on paper yeah dear god.

If we traded up then boy, we'd abs have to adress o line in free agency. My only hedge about trading away picks is we have so many fucking holes still to fill

I think your speeel checker was made in Pittsburgh or it needs a new battery Clevsies. No worries.

Ray Horton loves to cheat his Safety up into the box and use him like an extra LBer. He had Ward blitzing more than our LBers; and we remember what he did with Pollyneedsahaircut. This kid seems like a perfect fit for what Horton wishes he could do. Like BB prioritizing the Safety position with Eric Turner - I'm sure Horton is repeatedly telling the right people he needs at least 1 NFL caliber Safety to coordinate his defense the way he wants to. Our current Safety position leaves him felling like he's playing gridiron chess with pawns.

There's varied opinions on this kid so if you don't see him play very often - it'll be easy to question if he's overrated. His teammates and coaches that watch film of him every week would tell you otherwise. He's also really good on STs, which we're inconsistent with at best.

That sucked he couldn't play the other night.

Ooooo, trade up for peppers? Dont get me wtong im intrigued but my initial reaction was a bit of a bhole clench......whoch is never a good sign. Something feels off about that prospect....but on paper yeah dear god.

If we traded up then boy, we'd abs have to adress o line in free agency. My only hedge about trading away picks is we have so many fucking holes still to fill

Yeah...Im just throwing shit at the wall....but, if we could tap 3 supreme talents like this, it would change the whole face of our team....instantly....

Fuck the couple of middlers we could have had.....right now, Im with quality over quantity.....

Well, you're wrong.

He clearly didn't fake the injury. You think, as part of his master plan, he faked an injury yesterday (hurting his own team because they practiced for weeks exepcting him to be there), got dressed knowing he wouldn't play, faked looking hurt while warming up, faked being pissed off he couldn't run and then faked a post game interview where he was clearly crying and frustrated he couldn't play? Really? You really think he did all of that to get out of the bowl game?

Harbaugh apparently told him to go up to the both. Peppers was very emotional and frustrated he couldn't play. Harbaugh deemed it a distraction. Not to mention the cameras would be following him all night.

Didn't see the interview and reserve the right to change my mind once I do.

The booth shot just rubbed me wrong. Haven't seen that since...? Perhaps the sideline could have used his emotion.

Re: DB's in the draft.

Malik Hooker, please and thank you. Combination of range and instinct is tops in this class.

Malik Hooker, please and thank you. Combination of range and instinct is tops in this class.

Good to see you on board with him now. In a previous thread (mid-season), you mentioned you'd like to see him tackle better or more consistently when some of us were envisioning how much we could use his first step instinct and nose for the ball in our defense. I'm glad you brought that to my attention, because I saw him miss a tackle the next time week or so.

I like how honest you are with Ohio State guys when you weigh in on them. Has he changed your perspective on how well he tackles?

i've always said quality over quantity. prob is you have to hit on those picks or instead of changing the face of the team instantly it set's the team back years after a year when you realize the kid is a bust. (TR, gilbert, weeden, JM etc. etc.).

i know i've been negative nancy about our new FO......but believe me i'm praying these fucks can evaluate and execute correctly this upcoming draft. i will be so deflated, along with 85% of our fan base, if these guys prove to be all hot air and can't land serious talent on both sides of the ball that will be playing in cleveland for the next decade.

saw some report yesterday while flipping off the OSU embarrassment....think it was on NFL network where they did the best and worse of 2016 and were saying the browns have everything in place (not talent wise.....yet) to go from a 1 win team to making the playoffs next year if the record number of picks they have are used correctly. at this point i don't care what positions or what players are targeted, trade ups or trade downs as long as they are the right decisions, cuz god knows the browns have sucked in the draft since forever now.

i'll look more in-depth at players as time goes on.... but as a halfwit fan just watching some games past couple of days.

wr from clemson looked pro level.

the washington (DE?) was impressing me....draft him to play with shelton and you the south pacific bone crushers.

draft every alabama player you can get your hands on.

Good to see you on board with him now. In a previous thread (mid-season), you mentioned you'd like to see him tackle better or more consistently when some of us were envisioning how much we could use his first step instinct and nose for the ball in our defense. I'm glad you brought that to my attention, because I saw him miss a tackle the next time week or so.

I like how honest you are with Ohio State guys when you weigh in on them. Has he changed your perspective on how well he tackles?

At this point, with Hortons philosphy calling for the single high that we play, tackling from Malik has become a secondary concern of mine.

Not to say I'm discounting it, but the range, make up speed, instinct and ball skills are hard to ignore. We need DB's that get their hands on the ball and then do something with it.

That ain't Peppers.

At this point, with Hortons philosphy calling for the single high that we play, tackling from Malik has become a secondary concern of mine.

Not to say I'm discounting it, but the range, make up speed, instinct and ball skills are hard to ignore. We need DB's that get their hands on the ball and then do something with it.

That ain't Peppers.

We were talking about Hooker there. I asked you if you're more comfortable with his tackling than you were earlier in the season when I said I wanted us to draft him if he was coming out.

As for Horton (regarding Peppers), he's been playing gridiron chess with pawns at the Safety position so I'm not sold he's been using the back end strategies he intends to use when/if he finally has to personnel to justify it. I could see Peppers being used like Pitt used Carnell Lake and Horton used TJ Ward the year he made his first Pro Bowl. I've been wrong before though...

We were talking about Hooker there. I asked you if you're more comfortable with his tackling than you were earlier in the season when I said I wanted us to draft him if he was coming out.

As for Horton (regarding Peppers), he's been playing gridiron chess with pawns at the Safety position so I'm not sold he's been using the back end strategies he intends to use when/if he finally has to personnel to justify it. I could see Peppers being used like Pitt used Carnell Lake and Horton used TJ Ward the year he made his first Pro Bowl. I've been wrong before though...

I get we're talking about Malik. What I'm saying is that the Brownies are in such a need for playmakers on the back end that so long as he's not being trucked by receivers, I'm willing to let Hookers tackling slide.

I get we're talking about Malik. What I'm saying is that the Brownies are in such a need for playmakers on the back end that so long as he's not being trucked by receivers, I'm willing to let Hookers tackling slide.

Yup! You're speaking to Baritone section of the choir that first suggested him for round 1 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming out in the 2017 draft so I'm intrigued by how much Peppers offers the scheme Horton wishes he could run.

Your score is: 10328 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

Round 1 Pick 10: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)

Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B+)

Round 2 Pick 6 (NYJ): Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan ( B)

Round 2 Pick 16: Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A)

Round 3 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A)

Round 4 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)

Round 5 Pick 32: Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (B+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)

2019 Round 1 Pick

Yup! You're speaking to Baritone section of the choir that first suggested him for round 1 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming out in the 2017 draft so I'm intrigued by how much Peppers offers the scheme Horton wishes he could run.

I'd prefer to target a Su'a Cravens kind of guy mid round.

Not as much hype in the name, every bit (and then some) the production.

My Best

Your score is: 11020 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 5 (TENN): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 10: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (B+)
Round 2 Pick 16: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A+)
Round 3 Pick 5 (TENN): Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 5 Pick 32: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick

need a contest to see who hits most picks in the real draft.

We need a contest to see who can trade away the highest picks to get 14 more nobodies, because our HC would not know what to do with good players anyway. :P

I'm Camp Allen now... and on board with Hooker as an option to boot, but not if it comes down to a choice between he and Foster.

Front to back and inside out...

I'm Camp Allen now... and on board with Hooker as an option to boot, but not if it comes down to a choice between he and Foster.

Front to back and inside out...

As long as the first round picks are defense I am all in.

Haha, I've not settled into anything just yet. I'm keeping the options open. I'm not opposed to...

1- Taking the Franchise QB at #1 overall

2- Drafting a defensive phenome at #1

3- Trading the Top Spot for a King's Ransom to some draft wealthy team

4- Trading UP from 10ish to the #2 spot to take BOTH the QB and the DE/OLB

...building the offense this year and helping out the defense by scoring points and keeping them fresh, because I believe that their are some really bright spots on the Defensive side of the ball. Resign Collins and keep that talent here, build around it some, draft Garrett's teammate Hall and a talented CB. Move Haden to the back end of the Defense and let him play Safety. They had Williams out there doing it and it was probably the best I've seen him play. Haden would be so much more potent back there with a chance to surv.... getting off topic here.

But, It was funny. I taught my wife how to play that Draft game and I had her draft earlier and this is what she came up with... :)

Your score is: 9082 (GRADE: B-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A)

Round 1 Pick 29 (NYG): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A-)

Round 2 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 15 (N.O.): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan (A)

Round 2 Pick 16: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A)

Round 2 Pick 24 (K.C.): Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan (A)

Round 3 Pick 1: Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State (A)

Round 3 Pick 2 (S.F.): Marcus Maye, FS, Florida (B+)

Round 3 Pick 4 (JAX): Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M ( B)

Round 3 Pick 10 (PHI): Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (B-)

Round 3 Pick 24 (K.C.): Keith Kelsey, ILB, Louisville (B-)

Round 4 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)

Round 4 Pick 2 (S.F.): Devonte Fields, OLB/DE, Louisville (B-)

Round 4 Pick 13 (IND): Kevin King, CB, Washington (A)

Round 4 Pick 22 (DET): Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson (A+)

Round 5 Pick 32: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)

Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (A+)

Round 6 Pick 22 (DET): Alex Kozan, OG, Auburn (D-)

Round 6 Pick 31 (DET): Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (C+)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2019 Round 1 Pick

She tried :) She really wanted to draft that kicker but he was selected like 3 picks before the Browns were up...

4 picks in the first 50. That should translate into 2 pro bowl talents and 2 very good players on the fringe of the pro bowl.

If drafted correctly.

That's if the FO has a clue Mark.

Damn Cowboys. Could have been #9. Of course Sashi can try to parlay that into 5 picks in the first round 2018. Including the #1 when the Browns go 1-15 again. :)

Let's say just for kicks.

We draft Trubisky and Fournette. We resign Pryor and we get Gordon Back. We can draft either Pocic or Elflein at the top of the second round.

QB- Trubisky, Kessler

RB- Fournette, Johnson, Humphrey

WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins

OL- Thomas, Bitonio, Elflein, Erving, Paztor

I think that would be a really strong offensive unit.

That is all well and good.....but.....what about the defense, which is still the weakest part of this team.

Archived