THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

and THAT is why we dont go QB early......plain and simple,,,,

Ask Jax about how inventing something that doesn't exist (football messiah at QB) has worked via spending their 3rd overall pick on Blake Bortles. Their HC has already been fired...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saying, the Defense looked good yesterday. We're looking at a lot of impact players entering their second year, hopefully they make the jump. They will be in the second year of their system and with a little continuity they could have an impact.

Watch this...

If we get the QB #1 and lose out on Garrett, we can still get Hall a little later.

But, if we're going to move forward we need a QB that can stabilize the position. McCown is getting old, Griffin and Kessler are not the answer... Trubisky looks like he could be the real deal. The kid is a heck of a QB. His highlight reels show all tools that you're looking for in a QB. He's tall, he has an accurate rocket arm and can make plays with his feet.

Just watch this bowl game highlight. Yeah, they end up losing the game but he gave them a chance to win. I went back and watched all of games in which they lost this year. He wasn't the reason when they lost, and if he did have a mistake he battled back and gave them a chance to pull out the win.

Mitch Trubisky throws such an amazing deep ball! I love the angle and the velocity on his throws... almost looks like that ball is going to go on forever!

Then you find a way to take this monster to take over for Crowell and we have an allstar offense.

If we want to change our fortunes, let's get these guys and people will be forced to fear playing the Browns. I believe in our Defense... our Offense needs and identity, this would accomplish that.

and THAT is why we dont go QB early......plain and simple,,,,

What POG wanted was for Browns to take all offense with our first and 2d round. That is what I disagreed with.

No....I think we NEED to go QB at #1.....but with the next 3 picks we go for 2 on defense and an OL.

Just saying, the Defense looked good yesterday. We're looking at a lot of impact players entering their second year, hopefully they make the jump. They will be in the second year of their system and with a little continuity they could have an impact.

Watch this...

If we get the QB #1 and lose out on Garrett, we can still get Hall a little later.

But, if we're going to move forward we need a QB that can stabilize the position. McCown is getting old, Griffin and Kessler are not the answer... Trubisky looks like he could be the real deal. The kid is a heck of a QB. His highlight reels show all tools that you're looking for in a QB. He's tall, he has an accurate rocket arm and can make plays with his feet.

Just watch this bowl game highlight. Yeah, they end up losing the game but he gave them a chance to win. I went back and watched all of games in which they lost this year. He wasn't the reason when they lost, and if he did have a mistake he battled back and gave them a chance to pull out the win.

Looked like he had Cam Erving playing center for him on the 2 pointer. Hopefully...to my mind, we take Trub and an OC to go with him: Elflein/Pocic.

Mitch Trubisky throws such an amazing deep ball! I love the angle and the velocity on his throws... almost looks like that ball is going to go on forever!

Then you find a way to take this monster to take over for Crowell and we have an allstar offense.

If we want to change our fortunes, let's get these guys and people will be forced to fear playing the Browns. I believe in our Defense... our Offense needs and identity, this would accomplish that.

I don't think that Fournette has any better of a future prospect in this league than Crowell does. Not at all.

If Crowell was as good as Fournette... Duke Johnson would never see the field. :)

I don't think that Fournette has any better of a future prospect in this league than Crowell does. Not at all.

I agree Gips. Crow was Freshman of the year in the SEC at UGA and he's had some really good games behind our offensive line this year. He'll get even better any time we can throw the forward pass with any degree of consistency as yesterday depicted.

Can someone explain to me why some folks here even have fournette on the brain? Why? If there wasvanything on this team thst gives me any modicum of hope its the running game with duke and crow. Im not a fournette hater but we've gotbthe worst defense in football....theres honestly not a position on the entire defense that is locked up. We talk about the front 7 mostly but jesus that secondary needs all kinds of help.

Please for the love of god.....no more talk about RB's. Its almost giving the team absolutely no credit and thats such a slit ur wrist mentality. The running gamevis showing serious f'ing promise, now think what the running game could be if our o line gets addressed through FA or the draft.....

Can someone explain to me why some folks here even have fournette on the brain? Why? If there wasvanything on this team thst gives me any modicum of hope its the running game with duke and crow. Im not a fournette hater but we've gotbthe worst defense in football....theres honestly not a position on the entire defense that is locked up. We talk about the front 7 mostly but jesus that secondary needs all kinds of help.

Please for the love of god.....no more talk about RB's. Its almost giving the team absolutely no credit and thats such a slit ur wrist mentality. The running gamevis showing serious f'ing promise, now think what the running game could be if our o line gets addressed through FA or the draft.....

Good idea.

75% of that highlight tape is Fournette running through massive holes

Indeed, but what I see is he doesn't get caught from behind. Besides, it's the other 25% of the plays when things do break down and he does it on his own, that is where I see the need in Cleveland.

Can someone explain to me why some folks here even have fournette on the brain? Why?

Because they think by drafting him we'll become the Cowboys over night. Nevermind having quality skill players, the best Oline in the NFL, a capable QB, and stable front office/coaching staff.

If Crowell was as good as Fournette... Duke Johnson would never see the field. :)

You have just fallen in love again PoG.

Look, my advocacy for Trubisky is the same as why I wanted Bosa last year: a top player filling a desperate team need.

Purely logical.

I see Fournette as no better than Dalvin Cook and some others.

And this may be the LAST position of need on this team. So, so, so much more is needed on this team before we go looking for a running back.

Fournette's injury issues eliminate him from early 1st consideration here...

If we took the players that fall at #1, #14/15 and #33 I'd be semi-happy...

• 1. Allen (DE/DT) - BAMA
  • 12. Thomas (DE)
  • 33. Kizer (QB)

Thomas is a good player, but I can't see dounbling down at DE this high.

So that #12 pick may be a tad problematic, but someone will fall to us should Trubs jump up... please be Foster... please be Foster...

If no one does fall, then a modest trade down can still land us a quality CB or maybe OLB Tim Williams.

Fournette's injury issues eliminate him from early 1st consideration here...

If we took the players that fall at #1, #14/15 and #33 I'd be semi-happy...

• 1. Allen (DE/DT) - BAMA
  • 12. Thomas (DE)
  • 33. Kizer (QB)

Thomas is a good player, but I can't see dounbling down at DE this high.

So that #12 pick may be a tad problematic, but someone will fall to us should Trubs jump up... please be Foster... please be Foster...

If no one does fall, then a modest trade down can still land us a quality CB or maybe OLB Tim Williams.

I have a feeling Malik Hooker will end up showing around that #12 spot, which would be lovely.

Yeah, no kidding about Hooker. He'd fill a huge need, and I heard someone say he's the best pure free safety prospect since Ed Reid. The problem with picking Hooker is...who do we get to be our damn QB? Can we really pass on Garrett? Do we really want another second or third round rookie QB prospect? Ugh....

Yeah, no kidding about Hooker. He'd fill a huge need, and I heard someone say he's the best pure free safety prospect since Ed Reid. The problem with picking Hooker is...who do we get to be our damn QB? Can we really pass on Garrett? Do we really want another second or third round rookie QB prospect? Ugh....

If we don't take a QB with one of our first rounders, there's no point taking a QB to be honest.

But imagine a draft looking like Myles Garrett, Malik Hooker, Adoree' Jackson, Pat Elflein...I could live with it.

Hooker entering the picture helps push Foster down... :) ... but I would not mind Hooker being the pick.

QB-wise... I really like Kizer at #33.

Notre Dame Homer?

Far from it, Sir Kilts-a-Lot. I have never been a fan of the Domers... just like Kizer's chances enough to spend the 33 on him.

Far from it, Sir Kilts-a-Lot. I have never been a fan of the Domers... just like Kizer's chances enough to spend the 33 on him.

Kizer is going to make 31 teams upset they passed on him, IMO. Not a ND fan in the least, save for the fact that I'm Catholic so I have to be.

His flaws are manageable and his strengths are franchise-material. There is something to be said for a guy who can drop dimes anywhere on the field while under pressure, which there is no denying Kizer can do. It's working out the kinks in the rest of his game that's the concern. Perfect pick for #33.

Archived