THE BROWNS BOARD

Man I'm Happy...

MLD Woody

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The but bill just means that whatever anti-women things she accuses Donald Trump of (as the main plank of her campaign) were also done by her husband but more so defended by her.

And the not denouncing loudly or quickly enough of the Klan? Yes Chris she didn't distance herself from BLM she embraced them. And I've never heard her denounce the Black Panthers. She and the Obama Administration weren't very vocal in denouncing radical Islam rather they refuse to speak the name.

So I think you have a non-issue going with the KKK.

Years ago I heard some KKK morons blathering about supporting Obama because he apparently hates Jews as bad as they did. Idiots? No Doubt.

WSS

I'm not mad, no. Also, it's "u mad bro" - not "you". I'm disappointed the Trump won, not because of what he might or might not do as president - he'll probably be bad but let's at least give him a chance to do things before criticising. It's what it represents that has me feeling glum. He ran on a platform of fear and nationalist isolationism, and actually won. There's a deep divide between the two sides of society that just seems to be widening to the point that one wonders if and when it can ever be bridged. When self-proclaimed 'real americans' look at black people, latinos, muslims not just as being inferior in some way but as an actual enemy, we're in trouble. When those minorities look at people like yourself as the enemy, we're not moving any closer to being able to work together.

There's an enormous lack of empathy in the world right now, comprehension of what it's like to be in someone else's position, and it seems to only be getting worse.

Why should we give a fuck if some brit or European is mad? Fuk you and the queen!

Do yours. The magna carta guaranteed things like a right to a fair trial, that nobody is above the law, even the king, protection from loss of property etc without due process, basically acting as the basis for your constitution. It was also written and signed into law in 1215.

the MAGA carta?

... I'm not a female, gay, muslim, or a minority right now.

Lucky you! Even though I'm disappointed and concerned with the result, I'm not as worried as you might think. I do think it's a bit irresponsible to make this Trump victory 100% about 'racist America'. There is that element, but I think it's important to read this article to understand what's really behind the high turn-out of the white-working-class American in this election.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

It would be a mistake for Democrats to continue to ignore this demographic, as they basically did when Hillary was backed by the party. Cysko is 100% correct, Democrats have only themselves to blame. Bernie or Biden would've been a better candidate as they would've fared better with the white working class. Hillary, like Kerry when he lost to Bush, has a likability problem, especially with that demographic.

I only hope Trump was sincere when he said he wanted to be president for all Americans.

Osiris even though there is certainly racism everywhere, even though I just expect it and don't worry much about it, I think you are mistaking racism with animosity toward our enemies and radical Islam are our enemies. In World War II Germans were our enemies and Japanese. We didn't hate the Japanese because they were Japanese it was because they were our enemies. Granted not all of them but that's how it goes. Some people here hate the Russians who are certainly the same race as we are but they consider them enemies.

WSS

Lucky you! Even though I'm disappointed and concerned with the result, I'm not as worried as you might think. I do think it's a bit irresponsible to make this Trump victory 100% about 'racist America'. There is that element, but I think it's important to read this article to understand what's really behind the high turn-out of the white-working-class American in this election.

It would be a mistake for Democrats to continue to ignore this demographic, as they basically did when Hillary was backed by the party. Cysko is 100% correct, Democrats have only themselves to blame. Bernie or Biden would've been a better candidate as they would've fared better with the white working class. Hillary, like Kerry when he lost to Bush, has a likability problem, especially with that demographic.

I only hope Trump was sincere when he said he wanted to be president for all Americans.

I posted that same article a while back, it was eye opening for me for sure.

Of course there are the bigots, who will always come for the most anti immigration party. But not half of the US is sexist/racist, or even close. The is a lot more at play here than a lot of people are willing to acknowledge.

Osiris even though there is certainly racism everywhere, even though I just expect it and don't worry much about it, I think you are mistaking racism with animosity toward our enemies and radical Islam are our enemies. In World War II Germans were our enemies and Japanese. We didn't hate the Japanese because they were Japanese it was because they were our enemies. Granted not all of them but that's how it goes. Some people here hate the Russians who are certainly the same race as we are but they consider them enemies.

WSS

No I agree with you, actually. I'm saying that folks who think racism is why Trump won are not looking deeply enough and taking the easy answer, and are sort of dismissing the genuine feelings of those who voted for him. I think their is a fringe racist element behind his election but most of it is just people despairing about their economic situation.

No I agree with you, actually. I'm saying that folks who think racism is why Trump won are not looking deeply enough and taking the easy answer, and are sort of dismissing the genuine feelings of those who voted for him. I think their is a fringe racist element behind his election but most of it is just people despairing about their economic situation.

The racist part has always been driven by the MSM, granted, Trump has given them a lot of material to shuffle through too. He has a lot of work to do to try and prove to people that he is not the person that the MSM and other liberal elites have painted. I would think, that if he were truly a racist, something more concrete in his past would have turned up, and maybe it still will. Who knows.

That was a great article. I hope Woody read it. Some of us knew long ago why those areas on the county map are blue.

Ya Woods- your pal on CNN called it "White Lash". If you'd open your eyes, and looked at those red\blue maps that were on every channel, outside of the major cities- it's all RED. That's the real America.

Doesn't exactly sound like an inclusive, uniting message there...

That might be right Chris and that is why it is important for Trump to denounce these groups in the strongest terms to dispel even any perception. There are some in our corrupt liberal media though who hate Trump who will do everything they can to paint him as being racist and bigoted no matter what he does.

Archived