THE BROWNS BOARD

Osu active shooter...

Clevfan4life

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can probably debate whether the use of legal force was entirely necessary, but the cop shouted "get down on the ground or I will shoot you" or whatever before doing so when the guy didn't comply. I'm not losing any sleep over this being a 'white cop kills poor black man' case.

Stuart

You mean lethal force.

Legal force covers a broad variety of things such as curfews, permits, obeying traffic laws ect...

It's remarkable how those things that apparently don't work in america are perfectly fine elsewhere.

So British cops wouldn't have shown up in tac gear to a call about someone flattening 10 people with a car then running around with a butcher knife? Those MP5s they carry must be decorative.

I think they would be on the careful side after what has been going on in Europe of late.

So British cops wouldn't have shown up in tac gear to a call about someone flattening 10 people with a car then running around with a butcher knife? Those MP5s they carry must be decorative.

I think they would be on the careful side after what has been going on in Europe of late.

Perhaps, perhaps not. But in general, police here are extremely reluctant to use lethal force, which is reflected in the number of people they've killed.

He's a sympathizer. Regardless of the idea that all must be accepted, at some point, public trust will be lost on those claiming to be Muslim. I know not all are bad, as I work with some very good muslim people. But you wonder what happens behind closed doors. Religious, political and theocratic ideas are hard to visualize in some people who are very private. Yet, you don't know when they will snap and do something like this idiot.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/osu-attack-suspect-identified-abdul-razak-ali-artan-215141263--abc-news-topstories.html

Authorities are investigating an anti-U.S. rant posted on Facebook just minutes before the Ohio State University attack today that is believed to be linked to suspect Abdul Razak Ali Artan, sources told ABC News.

Appearing three minutes before the beginning of the rampage that left 11 people injured, the post reads: “I can’t take it anymore. America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially the Muslim Ummah. We are not weak. We are not weak, remember that.”

The post also invokes the name Anwar Al-Awlaki, a radical American-born al-Qaeda cleric, describing him as a “hero." Al-Awlaki was killed in 2011 but his propaganda has been linked to several domestic terrorist attacks in the years after his death.

“If you want us Muslims to stop carrying lone wolf attacks, then make peace,” the post reads. “We will not let you sleep unless you give peace to the Muslims.”

The post, which was on a page that appears to have since been disabled, takes the form of a photo of a computer screen displaying a text document.

Authorities identified Artan as the attacker in a press conference this afternoon, but said they have not determined a motive and the investigation is ongoing. Sources told ABC News that he is a of Somali descent and is a legal permanent resident in the United States.

Officials said that this morning’s attack began when the assailant drove a vehicle into several people before exiting and slashing victims with a knife.

This was published on August 25th in OSUs school newspaper (from the attacker)

“I just transferred from Columbus State. We had prayer rooms, like actual rooms where we could go pray because we Muslims have to pray five times a day.

“There’s Fajr, which is early in the morning, at dawn. Then Zuhr during the daytime, then Asr in the evening, like right about now. And then Maghrib, which is like right at sunset and then Isha at night. I wanted to pray Asr. I mean, I’m new here. This is my first day. This place is huge, and I don’t even know where to pray.

“I wanted to pray in the open, but I was scared with everything going on in the media. I’m a Muslim, it’s not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don’t know what they’re going to think, what’s going to happen. But, I don’t blame them. It’s the media that put that picture in their heads so they’re just going to have it and it, it’s going to make them feel uncomfortable. I was kind of scared right now. But I just did it. I relied on God. I went over to the corner and just prayed.”

For the ones breaking this down and putting a liberal spin on what's right and what's the wrong way to stop or subdue a maniac..

There's things you do and things you dont do. You don't use your car as a weapon then exit the vehicle and start stabbing people and shit.

For the ones breaking this down and putting a liberal spin on what's right and what's the wrong way to stop or subdue a maniac..

There's things you do and things you dont do. You don't use your car as a weapon then exit the vehicle and start stabbing people and shit.

Wait, you can't bring personal life decisions into this conversation. Who do you think you are trying to bring logic into this conversation?

Wait, you can't bring personal life decisions into this conversation. Who do you think you are trying to bring logic into this conversation?

it's logical to know that stopping a maniac that has used his car as a weapon and started stabbing people needs to be dealt with. Go to his funeral if you want to see others cry about it.

Except there is no one "breaking it down" or putting "liberal spin" on it.

Citing a few highly extreme opinions from Twitter doesn't count.

Really? Tell that to all the families of the people that got mowed down in nice or shot up in Paris and Orlando

Point being I find it extremely difficult to believe that this was a methodically thought out attack by the most feared terrorist group in the world today.

Did OSU Staffer Really Urge "Compassion" for Muslim Attacker?

By Todd Starnes

An Ohio State University staffer allegedly urged people to have compassion for the savage Muslim attacker who plowed a car into students and tried to butcher them.

So Ms. Thompson really thinks we should have compassion for a self-radicalized thug who tried slaughter innocent Americans on American soil? What about compassion for the people he tried to butcher?

http://www.toddstarnes.com/column/ohio-state-staffer-urges-compassion-for-muslim-attacker

I understand her point about passing around the photo's, id be irritated too if that bullshit was constantly coming across my feed....which is actually why i dropped facebook years ago,cant stand being constantly pinged with other peoples stipid discussions. But calling him a bivkeye and "family".....yeah miss me with that ultra liberal horseshit. Family doesnt try to hack you up with a machete or whatever the fuck he was stabbin people with. If theres even one protest against the officer that dropped him im done watching osu football for this season

I understand her point about passing around the photo's, id be irritated too if that bullshit was constantly coming across my feed....which is actually why i dropped facebook years ago,cant stand being constantly pinged with other peoples stipid discussions. But calling him a bivkeye and "family".....yeah miss me with that ultra liberal horseshit. Family doesnt try to hack you up with a machete or whatever the fuck he was stabbin people with. If theres even one protest against the officer that dropped him im done watching osu football for this season

I'm sick of protesting altogether. Its confusing what they are actually defending in some cases and their arguement is drawn from as much shady conclusion as the topic they protest. I have an idea..let's protest the protesting.

Point being I find it extremely difficult to believe that this was a methodically thought out attack by the most feared terrorist group in the world today.

It wasn't. They don't need to direct his behavior to influence it. If their message of hate and death reaches one kid who stabs a bunch of people they've won an ideological battle. And as we know when we're not lying through our teeth it's not one guy they've reached. It's the Orlando Shooter. It's the San Bernadino shooters. It's Nice, France. It's Paris. It's the canadians that were beheaded in the phillipenes. It's Lee Rigby.

Archived