THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor to Redskins

The Gipper

So...if the Browns Franchise Tagged Pryor it would have to be for 15.6 mill per year. But, according to this, if they Transition tag him, it would still cost them 13.1 Mill per year. But other teams could sign him to an offer sheet that the Browns have the right to match.

Would you Transition him for 13.1 mill?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/27/browns-still-dont-plan-to-tag-terrelle-pryor/

Well as of this writing this is officially a moot point. I feel pretty confident is us re-signing him at the moment, but we shall see how it all breaks down.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as of this writing this is officially a moot point. I feel pretty confident is us re-signing him at the moment, but we shall see how it all breaks down.

Yep. Apparently no tag of any sort put on TP.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/1/14555886/terrelle-pryor-franchise-tag-browns-free-agency?yptr=yahoo

The "committee"?

That's our group of Harvard decision makers.....and Hue, the football guy. His opinion is supposed to have 'some' merit also.

Call them the Inner Circle if you like. The Analytic Associates. Or a favorite of mine, The Geek Squad.

People, are even assimilating wtf this discussion is? Terrel Pryor.............. a franchise player? Are you out of your fucking minds?

Maybe for our franchise.....

Pryor is going to tear it up somewhere. 1000 receiving yards as a rookie receiver essentially. He did that with a carasoul of bad QB play. He can pretty much get open at will.

Had a similar year to Travis Benjamin 2015 under similar conditions

Oh man, think long term deal guys...

Pryor, 5 year deal

Gordon gets reinstated, works off the next two seasons of his rookie contract and then we resign him to another 3-5 year deal

Coleman has 3 more season and then we resign him for 2 more years on a show me contract before extending him another 4-5 year deal.

If everything works out as planned... WR would be a position of STRENGTH for the long term.

Then all that we have to do is get a franchise QB and find a legitimate threat- a gamechanger at RB and our offense is just a lineman or two away from being top 3 ELITE... Imagine that shit!

We could actually solve that whole equation by Drafting Trubisky, Fournette, McCafferey, Elflein and Forrest Lamp?

Oh man, think long term deal guys...

Pryor, 5 year deal

Gordon gets reinstated, works off the next two seasons of his rookie contract and then we resign him to another 3-5 year deal

Coleman has 3 more season and then we resign him for 2 more years on a show me contract before extending him another 4-5 year deal.

If everything works out as planned... WR would be a position of STRENGTH for the long term.

Then all that we have to do is get a franchise QB and find a legitimate threat- a gamechanger at RB and our offense is just a lineman or two away from being top 3 ELITE... Imagine that shit!

Well, I can imagine getting a date with Jennifer Garner too. :) First, Gordon has to get reinstated. That's not a done deal. Second, John Clayton one of the few commentators I respect, thinks it best that the Browns move on from Josh. I do tend to agree you don't get unlimited chances. Should he get reinstated, this has to be absolutely his last chance to fly right.

The "committee"?

consensus guys....the group....that un-name-able entity responsible for the GM's role.....

Yes, I wondered about that....who is on this committee? Sachi, Berry, Hue....the DC/OC....other personell/scout people...and of course, ultimately, Jimmy Haslam?

yes

Sashi saying today that if Pryor doesn't return they wont panic

Sashi's about to lose another one.....

We don't panic at all-------we just quietly blow it, Collins being one of the few exceptions.

the only exception, I do believe....

Pryor is going to tear it up somewhere. 1000 receiving yards as a rookie receiver essentially.

Not a great accomplishment if you consider he was 12th in the league for targets......with that many opportunities, it would be embarrassing NOT to have a 1000....

Virtually every #1 in the league gets 1000 yds.....(or should)

ESPN Browns reporter Pat McManamon believes impending free agent Terrelle Pryor will sign elsewhere in free agency.

Coach Hue Jackson said re-signing Pryor is "important" while EVP Sashi Brown called it a "priority," but McManamon is pessimistic about their chances. Of course, the Browns could have avoided this situation altogether by placing the tag on the 27-year-old. Outside of Alshon Jeffery, Pryor could be the most sought after receiver on the market.

Well, I can imagine getting a date with Jennifer Garner too. :) First, Gordon has to get reinstated. That's not a done deal. Second, John Clayton one of the few commentators I respect, thinks it best that the Browns move on from Josh. I do tend to agree you don't get unlimited chances. Should he get reinstated, this has to be absolutely his last chance to fly right.

You can do better than Jennifer Garner, can't ya?

Only 1 team gave Pryor's football career CPR and he had zero takers after our last staff cut him following a promising preseason in 2015. This enabled Cleveland to re-sign him as a WR for his second bout of career CPR in 2015. Unfortunately, it was way too late for him to get any game experience while that staff remained uncomfortable with starting him until the new coaching staff put him on the field week 1 in 2016. That's okay our 12 million $ man (Bowe) needed company on the bench.

I kept reading how thankful Pryor was to have Hue giving him the only chance to play as a WR until the same man in charge of Josh Gordon's career had a say in it all (Drew Rosenhaus). Now, we're seeing the same brat that went "I before team" at Ohio State. Tressell moved Heaven and earth for that kid and he threw Tressell under the bus just like he's shitting on Hue and the only NFL franchise that gave him a stage. Screw him! We can replace his 4 TD receptions with someone that can run way more routes in the passing tree.

It's a bad situation for several reasons. First, Pryor's agent is Rosenhaus, and he's a magnificent douche nozzle. There was little doubt any type of deal would be a complete pain in the ass. Also, it's extremely well known the Browns have a boat load of money available to spend, so agents probably feel like they can milk us for more. They figure, "Your team completely sucks and you have a bunch of money, so we know you can pay, or we'll find another team that happily will." Lastly, Pryor isn't at the typical age where players usually get their big contract, as he began his career as a QB. The contract he's out to get is likely the only one he'll sign in the prime of his career. This is his big shot, his one chance to strike it big. All of those factors add up to a very difficult bargaining process, and one that everybody knew would completely suck. So far, we've been correct.

Sashi and the Browns received acclaim for somehow managing to sign Jamie Collins. It appeared to be, "The dawn of a new day in Cleveland where we actually keep our talent." There is ALL KINDS of pressure in Cleveland to get this deal done. WE are the team that stuck our neck out for Pryor, WE are the team that saw the talent underneath, WE are the ones that took the risk and almost lost him after Pryor worked out with New England. How mad are the Patriots for working him out and not signing him? The mighty Patriots, the Super Bowl winners, the team that is KNOWN to be "so smart"....yet the lowly Browns were the team that made it happen. "Egg on the face" is the understatement of the decade if we don't get this done. Think about it for a second...think about our WR corp WITHOUT Pryor. Hawkins didn't have a great year, but he was still a guy with receptions and yards. Without Pryor and Hawkins, who the hell had any real production? We spend four draft picks on WR's last year, and I don't honestly know if we got any better. I'm inclined to give Coleman a pass due to injuries...but who in the hell is going to catch the ball if Pryor is gone?

Rosenhaus has us over a barrel and he knows it. We need Pryor for so many reasons, but I'm not so sure a deal is forthcoming. I actually think he's gone, and it's another sad day in Cleveland. I hope I'm wrong...

It's a bad situation for several reasons. First, Pryor's agent is Rosenhaus, and he's a magnificent douche nozzle. There was little doubt any type of deal would be a complete pain in the ass. Also, it's extremely well known the Browns have a boat load of money available to spend, so agents probably feel like they can milk us for more. They figure, "Your team completely sucks and you have a bunch of money, so we know you can pay, or we'll find another team that happily will." Lastly, Pryor isn't at the typical age where players usually get their big contract, as he began his career as a QB. The contract he's out to get is likely the only one he'll sign in the prime of his career. This is his big shot, his one chance to strike it big. All of those factors add up to a very difficult bargaining process, and one that everybody knew would completely suck. So far, we've been correct.

Sashi and the Browns received acclaim for somehow managing to sign Jamie Collins. It appeared to be, "The dawn of a new day in Cleveland where we actually keep our talent." There is ALL KINDS of pressure in Cleveland to get this deal done. WE are the team that stuck our neck out for Pryor, WE are the team that saw the talent underneath, WE are the ones that took the risk and almost lost him after Pryor worked out with New England. How mad are the Patriots for working him out and not signing him? The mighty Patriots, the Super Bowl winners, the team that is KNOWN to be "so smart"....yet the lowly Browns were the team that made it happen. "Egg on the face" is the understatement of the decade if we don't get this done. Think about it for a second...think about our WR corp WITHOUT Pryor. Hawkins didn't have a great year, but he was still a guy with receptions and yards. Without Pryor and Hawkins, who the hell had any real production? We spend four draft picks on WR's last year, and I don't honestly know if we got any better. I'm inclined to give Coleman a pass due to injuries...but who in the hell is going to catch the ball if Pryor is gone?

Rosenhaus has us over a barrel and he knows it. We need Pryor for so many reasons, but I'm not so sure a deal is forthcoming. I actually think he's gone, and it's another sad day in Cleveland. I hope I'm wrong...

Yep. I think you're right but it won't be from a lack of effort from the only team willing to give TP a stage on the field at WR. It's the same Drew Rosenhaus in charge of Warren's Sapp's career during/after the NFL and the same one that has Josh Gordon's career in an NFL coma since 2013.

All the credit for sacks last year usually went to Paz or Erving (fair or not) and then the QBs for holding onto the ball too long. Having said that, how often did replays capture how well our first years starting at WR were running good routes or making accurate adjustments to the schemes/leverages? What I'm getting at is the way replays are setup to follow the football during sacks in particular, we don't often get to see who was at the fault for the mistrust between our QBs and WR tandems. It wasn't just the rookies (Kessler & Hogan) - it included Whitehurst, McCown and RG3 as well. When both the QB and WRs were first year starters - the challenge to have them all on the same page seemed even bigger.

I'm thinking since DeValve has been mentioned as a TE and a WR - there was a vision of him eventually playing in the slot. Not only is he cap friendlier than Hawkins, he's easier to see down field than the little guy. IMO, he has way more upside. I wasn't as big of a Hawkins fan as others here; but he was our only experienced WR heading into 2016. We have 100 millions $ that says we can change this soon.

We could actually solve that whole equation by Drafting Trubisky, Fournette, McCafferey, Elflein and Forrest Lamp?

OK, flesh that out some...... Where are the Browns going to take all these guys.

And what are you gonna do about our porous defense? Or are going to go Ghoolie on us and say that only offensive skill players should be drafted in like rounds 1-2 of the draft?

I guess that is a philosophy.

Has it ever worked?

(Note: not that, but something similar did work for the 1970s-80s era Redskins. That team traded its first round pick in like 10 of 11 years....preferring to trade for known commodities...seasoned veterans. They got the moniker the Over the Hill Gang because of it)

Now, we're seeing the same brat that went "I before team" at Ohio State.

We can replace his 4 TD receptions with someone that can run way more routes in the passing tree.

Agree with the conclusion, but I can't fault TP for wanting a max contract. This is TP's contract shot. This is his one and only payday opportunity.

TP will be 28 in June. And he will be entering his 2nd, full season ever at the WR position in the business of being a professional football player. If he doesn't get paid now, then he never will.

Dude, she would be quite a catch for the 50+ crowd. I'm gonna give him that one.

That may be the worst picture I've ever seen of Jennifer Garner... and I still agree with you. She just might be the ultimate "girl-next-door" beauty of her generation.

That may be the worst picture I've ever seen of Jennifer Garner... and I still agree with you. She just might be the ultimate "girl-next-door" beauty of her generation.

This one better? And she does look cute to us old fogies in those Capital One commercials. :)

7cf708afd1ee88e318f3c837684f7c86.jpg

Fans know they shouldn't believe anything they hear or read, but it's difficult. It's difficult because I'm not seeing ANYTHING that remotely says Pryor will remain a Brown. In fact, I'm seeing that our division RIVALS are interested in Pryor. If he goes to the Steelers or Ravens, I'll literally lose my mind. I'm serious, I'd become "that guy" on the boards who everyone hates because I'd be spewing venom about our front office.

Fans know they shouldn't believe anything they hear or read, but it's difficult. It's difficult because I'm not seeing ANYTHING that remotely says Pryor will remain a Brown. In fact, I'm seeing that our division RIVALS are interested in Pryor. If he goes to the Steelers or Ravens, I'll literally lose my mind. I'm serious, I'd become "that guy" on the boards who everyone hates because I'd be spewing venom about our front office.

If you want SOME solace, Rosenhaus is notorious for pulling this crap with the players he represents. As each day goes on I do get anxious but at the same time, no matter the player you gotta keep them for the right value. If TP (read, Rosenhaus) is saying they want $12-$13 million a year, they should be saying no. My gut tells me though it'll work out and he will be back.

This one better? And she does look cute to us old fogies in those Capital One commercials. :)

7cf708afd1ee88e318f3c837684f7c86.jpg

She has to be pissed that Katlyn Jenner has tried to steal her look.

MKC tweet is out that:

1. PTG did show interest;
  2. TP flashed a $10+mm/yr ask;
  3. PTG not so interested...

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/839135145584119808?s=09

Archived